Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Goals are scarce like Fuel

Does anyone else feel like the game is pushing you towards playing a certain way? Like you can only play 4231 or 41221 in a certain way if you want to have success. Try anything else and it’s horribly dull no matter what quality of player you have. You can’t play narrow, or with 3 at the back and have success, it has to be the two or three ways the game likes. 

20 minutes ago, lcutini32 said:

Does anyone else feel like the game is pushing you towards playing a certain way? Like you can only play 4231 or 41221 in a certain way if you want to have success. Try anything else and it’s horribly dull no matter what quality of player you have. You can’t play narrow, or with 3 at the back and have success, it has to be the two or three ways the game likes. 

I would add that 352 variants work pretty well also for me (3142 / 3412 - usually with WMs or DWs).

1 hour ago, DanEnglish said:

I would add that 352 variants work pretty well also for me (3142 / 3412 - usually with WMs or DWs).

I would love to see how you set this up as I love both those formations and used to use them all the time but haven’t been able to get them going this year 

50 minutes ago, lcutini32 said:

I would love to see how you set this up as I love both those formations and used to use them all the time but haven’t been able to get them going this year 

Here’s FIVE tactics on the forum using a back three defense. The last one is similar to my style: same player positioning / formation, but I have different player roles.

AAC09407-1B40-4FC6-9DF0-F9AE9943F830.jpeg.084ff51b81c9a2f27998d16bddb0d598.jpeg

For me - I use a sweeper in central defense, plus an anchor, with two DWs on the wings. The two strikers’ roles depend on which strikers I’m using. May write it up / screenshot it at a later date

Edited by DanEnglish
8 hours ago, lcutini32 said:

5-3-2 is really good for me this year and it's hard for you to concede just that your teams finds it hard to score goals. My team always ends their goal tally In the 70 region. Never exceeded that and I could have lower table teams out possessing me

Edited by Uncleseekx
On 05/07/2022 at 15:05, 1shotz said:

I am currently messing around with this tactic and esp if u have a world class team as u stated it shud work well, it plays beautiful football with great combinations once the players get use to it. Give it a try if u want

F153E1BC-8B91-4512-A5AC-972DEEF25CDB.png

082E276F-A06F-4EDE-81DD-BAAF8D9E4E7B.png

CC0B40DE-6604-469A-BFD2-2C515A59C96A.png

Tried this out with some changes and it's good especially those through balls down to the wingers from the wingbacks. I'll give a full season update when I'm done 

15 hours ago, lcutini32 said:

Even 4-2-3-1 is hard to set up.

I've tried loads of different variations with that and still can't get a functional one to use for a season.

2 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

I've tried loads of different variations with that and still can't get a functional one to use for a season.

Ah. You said: “for a season”. I’ve just realized what that means.

• You’re looking for a tactic (e.g. a 4231 setup) which you can mostly ‘plug + play’ for a whole season. Is that right?
  • While I’m looking for a tactic which I can use against a specific type of opposition formation (e.g. a back three) for most of one game (which may occur in 5-20 games of a season)

Unless you have a completely dominant team, I believe I need to adapt my tactics to the opposition. And I often will change formation in the last 20-30 mins of a game to shut it down, or to push forward.

Thats why full fat FM has 3 different tactic slots which you can build familiarity over time. And why FMM has 4 tactic slots which you can save / load. So I’m looking for 3-4 tactics which can be used over the season, depending on the opposition.

Huh. Different approaches 🙂 

3 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

Of recent have been trying crazy formations to make game's AI confused cause normal tactics just don't seem to work well

1 hour ago, DanEnglish said:

• You’re looking for a tactic (e.g. a 4231 setup) which you can mostly ‘plug + play’ for a whole season. Is that right?
  • While I’m looking for a tactic which I can use against a specific type of opposition formation (e.g. a back three) for most of one game (which may occur in 5-20 games of a season)

Unless you have a completely dominant team, I believe I need to adapt my tactics to the opposition. And I often will change formation in the last 20-30 mins of a game to shut it down, or to push forward.

Thats why full fat FM has 3 different tactic slots which you can build familiarity over time. And why FMM has 4 tactic slots which you can save / load. So I’m looking for 3-4 tactics which can be used over the season, depending on the opposition.

I really like this approach but struggle setting it up as I have a hard enough time getting 1 tactic to work let alone 3-4

7 hours ago, DanEnglish said:

I don't want to be using 3-4 different tactics because the whole point of the mobile version for me, was that it was great to be able to just pick up and play rather than pour hours into it like the full fat version. I think the more versions they release the more that playability seems to be taken away. If I wanted to be constantly changing and tweaking things then I would go full fat and dive right in.

Don't get me wrong I don't want a game where you smash every team and walk the league every season without any thought put in. I would though like a game where if you come up with a good tactic, it isn't broken within half a season.

12 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

I don't want to be using 3-4 different tactics because the whole point of the mobile version for me, was that it was great to be able to just pick up and play rather than pour hours into it like the full fat version. I think the more versions they release the more that playability seems to be taken away. If I wanted to be constantly changing and tweaking things then I would go full fat and dive right in.

Don't get me wrong I don't want a game where you smash every team and walk the league every season without any thought put in. I would though like a game where if you come up with a good tactic, it isn't broken within half a season.

Perfectly said. I used to finish a season in 7-10 days which for me was a perfect pace to get immersed but not bogged down by little details. Now it takes me about twice as long and I still feel like I’m not putting enough time in to really be successful which for me really defeats the purpose of the mobile game. Balancing difficulty and playability is a tough ask for sure, but for me the last couple editions have missed the mark on balance

On 05/07/2022 at 16:35, Uncleseekx said:

I'll like to see league results though. Thanks 

With Tottenham I used a dlp , 1st season with Tottenham wasn’t the best finished 1 point off top, but with better players in second season I’m doing much better. 

wWith dortmund used the defensive mid instead of dlp, won league.

all in all its a solid tactic that plays really good football. 

A3E4BE79-828D-4A32-BEA3-EF768A98A635.jpeg

D8C477CE-C574-4E9C-A41A-FE004BDAC71B.png

435D8CF6-539A-40DD-B252-43C0229606C3.jpeg

D33EA547-01F4-45A2-A9F5-268AB5238893.png

Edited by 1shotz
On 07/07/2022 at 04:53, DanEnglish said:

I thinks most of the times u need to see what's ur players ability and try to use tactics accordingly. 

• If ur players is good enough and have a average 11+ for attributes required for role than pick him 
  • Most important part is training  i used to train players as whatever role I given to them.     But now I train my midfielders mostly CM 1st and than RP accept AP.
  • For defender I trained them
  • CD to Libro for Pace, Creativity 
  • CD to BPD for passing
  • I used only CD Role most of the time for Defence. 
On 05/07/2022 at 13:43, DanEnglish said:

Some things I’ve noticed when testing other peoples’ tactics…

No width:

Reveal hidden contents

0698C0DD-2346-4BA2-9732-D786539EE5B3.jpeg.093e778eb4ec5df1f7e667a368d326e6.jpeg

<Blue line = narrow opposition defense>

Issue = Playing a 41221 with 2 IFs and a lone striker (especially in a P/AF/TM role) gives very little attacking width. So often the opposition defense can be super narrow, which means it’s super hard for your strikers to have space or receive through balls behind the defense.

No supply to the wings: 

Reveal hidden contents

5AACCB8C-C6BB-428A-B748-D923EAC183C7.jpeg.8a6fbd30058e13853f98e004c9e180c7.jpeg

<Shaded white boxes = half spaces to supply Wingers / Wing Backs>

Only relevant if you play a CROSSING based style.

Issue = often see 41221s or 4231s with RPs / APs / DLPs as the middle two MCs. However these roles drift centrally, which mean it’s harder for them to supply your wingers / wing backs.

Young Attackers / Wonderkids: 

Reveal hidden contents

D44D470F-2800-498B-876D-9D91EBE1CFEC.thumb.png.3c3997164d8644ed4a6d42552f96d389.png

You: this wonderkid is fantastic.   
Reality: this wonderkid WILL BE fantastic (in the future).

Issue = your team dominates possession, shoots a lot, and has some clear cut chances. Yet you lose 1-0. Sometimes it’s because your striker doesnt have good enough finishing - or more likely - not good enough decision making.

3C3EB0BF-1EEA-4968-A9FD-835006903C75.thumb.png.bc9fc170a69054770ae546d1541c3885.png

Example - Fati only has 14 for decisions, Adeyemi only has 12 !!! With a clear cut chance, they choose the wrong finish. They’re not clinical … yet. 

No Dominant Attacker:

Reveal hidden contents

C47B5525-B5BD-4BE1-88F2-44C1A21FAE37.thumb.png.8e95eee919a8508c2459ab1fd33e0959.png

Issue = often you see very attacking WBs (behind IFs) who will receive the ball + cross a lot … but with an inadequate aerial threat in the box - relative to the average opposition DCs. My only entry in the “Vibe record store” is for this 😞 

Example - if you play an aerial style in the EPL, a striker needs to have 17-20 aerial + strength to be relatively better in the air than most opposition DCs. Unfortunately, Cristiano Ronaldo’s 16 aerial + 12 strength is not enough 😵

Example - if you play a through ball style in the EPL, a striker also needs 15-20 pace + movement to be relatively faster than half the league’s DCs.

Just some options for you 🙂 - like a checklist - to see whether there is an obvious reason WHY your team isn’t scoring enough.

PS. Edit - agree 4231 seems to have better passing moves + chances, than the 41221.

Thoughts?!

Just whipped up a 4-1-2-2-1 with goals and very good defense without a dominant 9 but a trequartista. Went unbeaten through the whole season but lost the final game of the season with my second 11 team🤦‍♂️

On 06/07/2022 at 11:17, DanEnglish said:

Here’s FIVE tactics on the forum using a back three defense. The last one is similar to my style: same player positioning / formation, but I have different player roles.

AAC09407-1B40-4FC6-9DF0-F9AE9943F830.jpeg.084ff51b81c9a2f27998d16bddb0d598.jpeg

For me - I use a sweeper in central defense, plus an anchor, with two DWs on the wings. The two strikers’ roles depend on which strikers I’m using. May write it up / screenshot it at a later date

Can you post your tactic similar @Mike Dodgson tactic?

instructions is same?

Edited by Legend288