Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe Official Vibe Fantasy Football League 2022/23

FuddledFox

19 hours ago, Kun Aguero said:

Remove the Captain role from Haaland to give it to Salah just for Haaland to score a hat-trick and Salah to do nothing in a 9-0 win 😩

I'm genuinely pondering whether to get rid of him, tbh. It’s one of those where you know if you get rid, he’ll more than likely go hell for leather, but his price is so high and if he’s not going to be top dog, you could use the money elsewhere. One to think about, I guess. 

Will Pep rest Haaland? That is the question. This is how he annoys me. Klopp, I can figure out, but Pep, no. If Haaland were guaranteed to start, I'd captain him, but as it's not guaranteed, I'm favouring Salah as he'll definitely be chomping at the bit.

4 hours ago, Ian said:

Will Pep rest Haaland? That is the question. This is how he annoys me. Klopp, I can figure out, but Pep, no. If Haaland were guaranteed to start, I'd captain him, but as it's not guaranteed, I'm favouring Salah as he'll definitely be chomping at the bit.

I'm captaining De Bruyne this week, figure if Haaland doesn't play then it's very likely that it will be De Bruyne scoring the goals for City

On 01/09/2022 at 02:01, Kun Aguero said:

Of course Pep starts Haaland and he grabs another hat-trick when he's not my Captain 

The same problem this weekend. I kind of wish Pep had played him the full 90 the other night, as then I'd be confident of him resting him this weekend.

I can't be arsed overthinking this, so I'm just putting the band on him, which probably means he'll come off the bench with about a minute to go, but I refuse to let it get to me!

If I had De Bruyne, I'd probably go with him as I'm fairly confident he'll start, but I haven't and I'm not making any transfers this week.

Was a little pissed that Son was benched, given I brought him in on the wildcard. Not so pissed now.

Hopefully Jesus has a quiet game now and I can secure an awesome gameweek.

I’m shipping all of my Liverpool players out and getting rid of Cancelo to make room for three attacking City players with my wildcard. I'm not even going to worry about the blank gameweek 12 at the moment as it seems like I can have a reasonable bench with this approach anyway. No doubt Liverpool will now pick up form, but I’m just not seeing it at the moment, so I’m committing to this approach.

I’m in a position with no transfers left and looking at playing 10 players this week, and I’m seriously considering making a midfield transfer and taking the -4 hit. I mean, it’s really -2 when you think about it, as if he plays, he should get 2 points at minimum, unless he gets booked or sent off, of course, but then he may produce a decent return. I was just thinking about this now, and I think I'm going to do it.

11 hours ago, Ian said:

I’m in a position with no transfers left and looking at playing 10 players this week, and I’m seriously considering making a midfield transfer and taking the -4 hit. I mean, it’s really -2 when you think about it, as if he plays, he should get 2 points at minimum, unless he gets booked or sent off, of course, but then he may produce a decent return. I was just thinking about this now, and I think I'm going to do it.

Because of City and Arsenal not playing? I've got 5 of them in my team 😂

8 hours ago, Kun Aguero said:

Because of City and Arsenal not playing? I've got 5 of them in my team 😂

I had 4 and had planned on taking Bernardo Silva out, but then Maddison got his suspension, so I decided I wanted to just replace him as I had someone in mind. I was sitting there yesterday thinking I’d like to replace Silva with Saka in GW13. Money was not a problem, so I thought I’d take the -4 hit and replace him now to hopefully field 11 on GK12 and then replace the replacement with Saka for GW13. It's done now, lol, and I just need to decide on a captain.

It doesn’t look like I’ll be able to bring Salah back in before the World Cup, so I’ll just have to hope he doesn’t go crazy.

Congratulations Tim, a well deserved victory.

Going with Isak instead of Wilson on double GK36 ruined me. I was very lucky during March and April though, so I can’t complain. I always felt like Tim had the better squad and I was having to take -4s, but I kept getting away with it and even Castagne scored on my FH week. Even after messing up on Wilson, I nearly got away with it again with Estupinan's goal, assist, and clean sheet away at Arsenal, but then Wilson produced at the end of the next game to put the nail in my coffin as I knew Tim had the BB left.

It's rather ironic that I went with a Dad's Army episode title as my team name and Wilson ended up getting me 😂