Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 10 Leagues, 9 Old Men and 800 Goals - A H2H Challenge: MM96 VS AS

MM96 VS AS  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Triumph When the Dust Settles?

• AnfieldSquirrel
    • MerlionMaple96

ovPlIlil.png

Anfieldsquirrel - Season 3 - Germany:

Introduction:

So.. After France I fell further behind MM. I didn't expect Ibra to be so bad :( but hey ho, we must continue and battle back in true squirrel style. Lets get started;

The Club:

220px-Borussia_Dortmund_logo.svg.png

I had said to Maple I wanted to go Bayern, but then he had to go them so i decided to see if my chosen striker would join Dortmund and he did. Dortmund are an exciting team to go in FMH, and good in real life too. The way they've brought up their youth to be at the standard they are now is admirable. I have always wanted to do a long term career with Dortmund.. The furthest I have got is 3 seasons in but I saved over it. Anyway, I think they will be good for this challenge!! DORTMUND DORTMUND!

The Player:

I've went for an all time great. One of the best the premier league has ever seen! He's even played with Barcelona and scored 35 times for the Catalan giants. He has been named in the UEFA team of the year 5 times!! Any guesses yet? Well I'm going to tell you anyway;

ZvDUt2V.png

Thanks for reading lads, any comments are always appreciated :).

ovPlIlil.png

Season Three - Germany: I Do Enjoy Bratwurst

Transfer Update

When I arrived in Munich the board only gave me a transfer budget of 8 Million Euros. I was absolutely livid. 8 Million Euros! What in the world could I do with that! I couldn't even buy Drogba with that. Luckily there few more than a few players in the squad who I was willing to ship off for exorbitant sums of money :D

Transfers Out

In order to finance my rich tastes in transfers I had to sell a few dead-weights to various foreign clubs. After looking through my squad I targeted a few players who I would no longer be needing the services of. These players included the likes of Xherdan Shaqiri, Arjen Robbern, Frank Ribery and Mario Gomez amongst others. I then waited for the offers to pour in. The first to leave was Mario Gomez who departed to PSG for a huge sum of 54 Million Euros. He was followed out the door by Frank Ribery who went to Manchester City for 52 Million Euros.

R6SGuHh.jpg

Ribery and Gomez, The Departed...

Transfers In

With the influx of cash, I had pretty much the entire world at the tip of my fingers. In the end, my spending spree was big, but not huge. I brought in a total of 4 players for a combined sum of 46.25 Million Euros. The players that came in included Didier Drogba, Arturo Vidal, Jimmy Briand and Hassam Ali Kaldirim.

Zwz1QR6l.jpg

I swear I'm not copying Bale, he stole the celebration from me!

Team and Tactics

Same as my first season. No changes whatsoever.

Team Instructions

tWak8WAl.jpg

Starting XI

6isyDzFl.jpg

The Season

German Cup Final

LkC5InNl.jpg

Muller is pure class...

Champions Cup Final

lFTj0u1l.jpg

You wouldn't expect Schweinsteiger to miss!

Bundesliga

tL7H48Xl.jpg

Unbeaten like a BOSS :D

Player Statistics

I was deeply disappointed in the Ivorian this season. When he did play Drogba was on fire and I couldn't have asked more of him in that sense. Unfortunately for me, the Ivorian spent too much time in the injury ward for my liking. In total Drogba missed 2 and a half months of action due to a string of injuries which added up to a total of 16 games! A huge amount considering this challenge is based so much on single season performance. And when you consider the German League has one of the shortest schedules in all European Leagues, his time spent on the sidelines only served to compound my problem. Oh well, shit happens, at least AS will have a chance to catch up!

Didier Drogba

Stats after  IT

WVERIl5l.jpg

In Game Figures

LJEChZ1l.jpg

Just 53 goals :( This drops me back down to being barely on par with the target of 80 goals/season to complete this challenge. Worse still it opens the door for AS to mount a comeback. As far as goal ratio goes, Drogba was very impressive. Alas, he just missed too many games to make any kind of major impact on the league and this H2H competition.

Summary

Didier Drogba

UudJvf2l.jpg

Goals: 53

TOTAL GOALS: 239

There you have it folks, season three is done with Drogba scoring a mere 53 goals. Shitty performance to be honest :( I wonder if AS will have similar injury problems with Henry? What say you guys about the big D and his performance? Will AS catch up? Let us know what you guys think, AS and I love your comments :D

Remaining Years

AS your striker choice is shocking :P.

I wouldn't be surprised if Henry got injured more than Thiago Silva... (I tried using him for Barca once :P...)

Grats on PSG Ligue 1 btw.

MM, keep it up :)

:P.

I'm just speaking from personal experience when I tried a front 3 of Ronaldinho/Messi/Eto'o it worked about 20 times better than Ronaldinho/Messi/Henry, mainly because my front line was Ronaldinho/Messi/Pedro about 90% of the time :)

I've played well ahead because I'm at my caravan and have nothing to do :lol: Germany will be season 3 out of 10, and last night I finished season 6 :lol:

I started a save with Lisburn Distillery today because I cba with the league that is season 7. Its fun playing as distillery, finished season 1 already :lol:. I better go start season 7 of this now..

I've played well ahead because I'm at my caravan and have nothing to do :lol: Germany will be season 3 out of 10, and last night I finished season 6 :lol:

I started a save with Lisburn Distillery today because I cba with the league that is season 7. Its fun playing as distillery, finished season 1 already :lol:. I better go start season 7 of this now..

Lol...

So that's what you do in your weekends? :P

Most weekends I'm away at my caravan, and I don't get signal on my phone (I get limited use on a laptop) and that's why I'm less active at weekends sometimes :P.

ovPlIlil.png

Season 3 - Anfieldsquirrel

thierry_henry_1527001c.jpg

France wasn't great.. Surely I couldn't do worse? I looked to an Arsenal and France legend in Theirry Henry! He's a class player, but I've never used his real player in FMH. I've used his regen, but I never usually use old strikers in FMH. So this shall be fun. I hope.

Transfers:

7rOIu9P.png

League:

7fe09WN.png

Decent! I'm very happy with this, my 3rd title out of 3! Usually the German League is hard to win for me, I'm happy. Happy. Happy.

German Cup:

of5QF7O.png

Pleasing :D I'm glad I won this :).

Champions League:

PTM6atd.png

Rather disappointing :( I won the first leg, but I couldn't keep up the heroism :( oh well!

Thierry Henry:

mkU3PR3.png

Surely with these stats, he can rape the German league?!

gzGxPxh.png

Nope.

Me:

Y0b1qO9.png

Overall Evaluation:

I'm definitely pissed off. Henry should score at least 50/60 in Germany fs!!! Yes he had a few injuries and whatever, but he scored 1 goal a game on average fucking hell!! I bet you I could do better with a fucking league 2 striker! He's fucking shit, this challenge is shit, I'm shit :( well done Maple, another round to you :lol:. I fear I won't complete this challenge now :(.

Total Goals:

AS, I hate to say it... But... I told you so :P

He must've missed a number of games, don't worry though, I know a secret about MM that'd be his undoing in Brazil- which he himself doesn't know... ;)

:P

AS, I hate to say it... But... I told you so :P

He must've missed a number of games, don't worry though, I know a secret about MM that'd be his undoing in Brazil- which he himself doesn't know... ;)

:P

I demand to know this secret right now!!!

No offence but MM is running away with it and it needs to be a switch around in form :P But anyway enjoying the challenge so KIU :)

That's right AS, I'm running away with this :P