Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 AS Monaco FC - Contender or Pretender?

aykyle

zBzv1rT.jpg

AS Monaco FC

Mid Season Update

Ligue 1 Starts Off Badly

Screenshot_2013-08-22-06-38-49_zpse6ced4

Big blow for the team.. It was hard to lose him. But it gave me a chance to see what our future star forward could do!

Olympique Lyonnais return to Monaco..

It was finally time to bring back Season 1 rivals OL. With OL making some new additions. Khalid Boulahrouz from Sporting CP and Bakary Soro off of Bosman Will their new editions get the better of us? Or will we stand triumphant once more.

First Half

Screenshot_2013-08-22-06-48-30_zps244bad

The half started off slow. Both teams failing to strike. 

But after giving the team a much needed pep talk, they were ready for the 2nd

Final
Screenshot_2013-08-22-06-50-06_zpsf67633
Ocampos came out of the locker room and stared down OL GK - Rémy Vercoutre
The scare tactic worked as Ocampos blasted a strike right by him.

Champions Cup Draw

Screenshot_2013-08-22-07-00-42_zps848196
Very tough table we have with Man Utd and SLB. Going to be a tough one!

Ocampos Saga

Falcao as finally returned to full action. Which means Ocampos gets moved back to his old spot.
So, how did the youngster fair? Was he able to handle the pressure?
Or did he give us a hope for the future?
Screenshot_2013-08-22-16-56-11_zpsb04f2b
Screenshot_2013-08-22-16-56-54_zps04e930
Screenshot_2013-08-22-16-57-07_zpsd1955b
3 games and 3 goals. All game winners against some tough opponents.

Falcao's first game back

With Falcao now returning from his sprained ankle, will it take time for him to get re-adjusted? Or will he show us who the real striker of the team is?
Screenshot_2013-08-22-23-48-34_zpsdd8618
Falcao came out and struck early.. VERY early. And although it was quiet for the rest of the game, he did rack up an assist along with the goal

The Fall of Hélton..
Screenshot_2013-08-22-22-32-31_zps217712Screenshot_2013-08-22-22-32-47_zps0b3c8d

The Saga Begins..
Screenshot_2013-08-22-22-33-01_zpseeac27

Early Retirement Present?
Screenshot_2013-08-22-22-46-41_zps25c694
Hélton was the reason why we did well last season. Since Monaco had the funds to spare, might as well :P

Screenshot_2013-08-22-22-54-44_zps1028ee

PSG Caught Us at the Wrong Time..Or Was it the Right Time?
Screenshot_2013-08-22-23-01-18_zps2b39bf
Still shaken after the hard loss to Valenciennes.. we've lost our Ligue 1 position to the dreaded PSG

Has the Student Become the Master?
Screenshot_2013-08-22-23-21-47_zps2d8b74

League Table
Screenshot_2013-08-22-23-21-32_zpsd67912

Team Bids

Screenshot_2013-08-22-23-14-03_zps1ad5aaScreenshot_2013-08-22-23-14-16_zpsc3939eScreenshot_2013-08-22-23-14-28_zpsb9b710
I'm not regen hunting, so I'd prefer if you not say who these kids are.
I picked them because they are free, I need a future for those positions and they are all under $1k contracts if they sign.

Notable Transfers

Screenshot_2013-08-22-23-22-15_zpsfefed2Screenshot_2013-08-22-23-22-21_zps20ce2cScreenshot_2013-08-22-23-22-35_zps6705b7

How Are My Signings Doing?
Samuel Umtiti
Screenshot_2013-08-22-23-15-59_zpsebfcb2
He completed positional training as a Defensive Midfielder. Which fills two potential positions if needed as a backup.

Esteban Andrada
Screenshot_2013-08-22-23-17-03_zpsa1c63e
He had to take over after Helton suffered a 2 month injury. But from the looks of it, he could be in serious contention to hold on to that spot.

Top Scorer

Falcao
Screenshot_2013-08-22-23-25-22_zpseebc68Screenshot_2013-08-22-23-25-32_zpsef3289

Most Assists

James Rodríguez
Screenshot_2013-08-22-23-25-53_zps8957f8Screenshot_2013-08-22-23-26-00_zpsd75a82

I appreciate the comments guys :)
Next update will be at the end of the season.

And sorry. I guess this update is kind of lengthy. For some reason I just can't seem to shorten it a lot.
And when I use the term "rival", I'm not talking bout real life rivals. I'm talking about League Table rivals. Basically the team I'm sandwiched between(ie: PSG and OL so far)
So it's really whoever is over and/or above my team. Just to clear up any confusion when I refer to different teams as "rivals".

Thanks guys :)

It's really because of the two tactics Ash helped(a lot) me make.

I usually switch them after a month or so. And my team seems to be getting use to the tactic switches.

I don't know if you can call the second one a new tactic. It's literally just one player moved back one and changed in player role. But it seems to confuse the opponents :P

I want everyone to know that this career has not been abandoned.

I just have not had the time to play it with everything else that needed to be done.

But I will be playing it now and will hopefully have an update either later tonight or tomorrow :)

I apologize for the delay

I just have not had the time to play it with everything else that needed to be done.

But I will be playing it now and will hopefully have an update either later tonight or tomorrow :)

Good job as I enjoyed reading it :D could you talk a little more about the tactics you use? team instructions, roles etc.

Hope today's play goes well

Good job as I enjoyed reading it :D could you talk a little more about the tactics you use? team instructions, roles etc.

Hope today's play goes well

haha I was going to keep it a secret as Ashez was really the one that made it. I really just provided a base tactic.

But he's been saying for a while now that I could release them. So I guess I'll include it in the next update :)

Thank's for the comment and I'm glad you enjoyed it so far :)

Next update will be posted later.

zBzv1rT.jpg

AS Monaco FC

Season 2 Update

The Tactics

Well. It's been asked about. So I've finally decided to show everyone the full tactics and why Ash and I settled on them.

Tactic One

fCbJroy.png

5gubV6U.png

So, there you have it!

This is the tactic I use the most. I think it's an amazing tactic and has beaten the likes of Real Madrid, FC Bayern, Chelsea and others!

Tactic Two

eYWAEc4.png

63yKbkA.png

As you can tell. It's basically the same tactic with a few tweaks.

I don't use this one as much as I'd like. But it's definitely a great tactic :)

Competitions

oxBWdyB.png

Exnx0sw.png

nmqJRl3.png

Notable Games

UwfrUme.png

rNqyvGC.png

9tA8UnG.png

yxduEsm.png

JWetyxk.png

0ecallf.png

The League

HFNKPN3.png

Transfers

Joaquin Hernandez

For Free!

y92eOzt.png

Manuel Carvalho

For Free!

J4QMSmq.png

Sergio Sanz

For Free!

Ts8ra8S.png

Past Transfers Update

Samuel Umtiti

gIBFWsb.png

Esteban Andrada

9ZUbiki.png

Notable Transfers

OuBlF5I.png

xSPU4IK.png

Top Scorer

ox5sVSi.png

YxYO3Yn.png

Top Contributor

1XP2z6K.png

vWPRJxD.png

Lucas Ocampos

cKy4BqQ.png

hHHT5bG.png

I apologize for the weak update. I didn't put a lot of descriptions of the games. But it was because I don't remember lol. I promise the next update will be more detailed :)

great update as per Kyle, even without the massive detail :D awesome season to win the league, I'm jealous ;). Whoever is managing PSG in game should be SACKED, for failing to win the league! :D Falcao had a class season, nice transfers also I love Andrada :).

@AS PSG's manager is still Laurent Blanc. But they signed Andre Santos and Niko Kranjcar. So maybe they'll do better :P it was a lot closer with like 5 games left(we were tied at one point). I ended up winning the league after tieing them :)

@Ash Thanks :)

@Camiloeb haha that made me laugh. I feel kind of bad because I kind of poached regens. But there were a lot of other regens on the market that I could have signed on Bosman. So I think getting 3 guys that were unemployed was pretty good :D.

The team I move all of the retired players to(CSD Municipal) ended up getting to the Quarter Finals in the Club World Cup lmao. But they didn't have any of the retired players because they've already retired. So it was kind of weird.

How do you get Ocampos' stats so good?

Dunno tbh. I just put him on IT.

I was as shocked as you were when he was progressively getting better. He's not even 20 yet... I'm kind of nervous what he'd look like when he peaks.

Unless he already peaked.. which would make him a Premature Peaker :P

How do you get Ocampos' stats so good?

Dunno tbh. I just put him on IT.

I was as shocked as you were when he was progressively getting better. He's not even 20 yet... I'm kind of nervous what he'd look like when he peaks.

Unless he already peaked.. which would make him a Premature Peaker :P

I can't get him that good until he's 25...

I think Falcao was used as a CMF most of the time, as shown in tactic one. An amazing goalscoring record for both him and Ocampos, and they both dished out the assists, too!

That was just about as good a season as you could have had, nice one. If you've got some time could you talk us through your reasoning behind the tactic, shape and strategy? If it was just a case of shoving your best players into any old formation then I'd be inclined to remind you of the highly unsuccessful France team at Euro 2004 ;) But obviously you've already outdone them by a mile using a similarly unorthodox shape so credit for that! In fact, your tactic is even slightly reminiscent of theirs, which is interesting. Anyway yeah I am interested in the logic you used in developing this tactic because of course tactical diversity is what makes football and FM so exciting. Straight away I can see a couple of things I would have probably thought of doing differently, so it'll be interesting to hear your opinion if you've got time. Again well done and a great read. 

Yes, I will post a more in-depth reason as to why we chose the tactics.

But it was all from scratch. We didn't look at any other team's. And it's all based off of AS Monaco's first game of the year(vs. Montpellier I think). So what might seem different now, wasn't there when we made it. And the players were based(basically) on the players they used on day 1(the players are in the first screenshot, I've obviously upgraded them).

So it's hard to give an explanation as to why I chose the tactic since it was based on players at the time and I have yet upgraded them.