Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Bala Town : The Welsh Way

@Mike - If this helps right now Mike, the next season (20/21) will have 4 Million transfer budget with 33K wage budget and the max is 7000 pounds.

@Billy - Thanks, the boys will be proud after this update :D

@Bati - Ah thanks. Did you buy youth players in your Torino career? Because most youth (like Chris Hughes) were promoted by my assistant, so I'm thinking that I have to promote them.

eQ44n3H.png

BALA TOWN - The little team in Europe that did.

This is not a seasonal update, so if you were looking for that, I'm sorry. This, however, is how our Europe adventure, so without any further distractions, let's see how we went about it.

(This is going to be a spoiler-fest)

Champions League Knock-out Rounds
[spoiler[
First Qualifying Round
hMtZlpL.jpg

6CejXnG.jpg

So we enter the Champions League in the first qualifying round matched up against Faroe Islands outfit, HB Torshavn. In the first leg, we easily dispatched them with a Boundford hat-trick and a Wharton Goal. In the second leg, six goals from five Bala players while they get 2 sends us through with an 8 goal gap in the aggregate score, awesome!

Second Qualifying Round

1BaHlxC.jpg

oGSsQ4E.jpg

In the second stage of the Champions League qualifiers, we go against Estonian team Kalju? Anyways, against all odds (apparently we were underdogs), we won 3-2 in the first leg away from home against Kalju which gives us a 3 away goal cushion. Then, in the second leg, the boys attacked them well, and we come out 5-2 winners to seal an 8-4 aggregate score.

Third Qualifying Round
vDkAUA2.jpg

ejMkQLH.jpg
Alright, time for third qualifying round boy. Okay, so in the third round, we were drawn with Iceland team, Valur, who I was confident on beating. The first leg was away from home, but we put out a better performance and the two Edwards grabbed 1 goal each to win the match. In the second leg, we went left with a 3-2 thriller, but the 2 goals from the previous match left us with a comfortable 5-2 win.

Play-offs
qZVg6af.jpg

If3PmQj.jpg
I almost forgot about this one, I went straight to the group stages :P. Anyways, in the play-offs, little Bala Town were going against one of Dragon's most hated teams when he played as a low league team (example is a career I never posted with Warrenpoint), Sheriff. As cool as their name suggests, we drew the first match at home which I thought was a good score. Then, in the second leg, a 1-1 draw, which put us through on aggregate!

Group Stages

So here's a little story to keep you entertained. So, while I waited for the group stages to be drawn, I made myself a cup of coffee, because I can. Then, the message popped up and Dortmund, Atletico, and PSV were with me. I leaned back and I accidentally knocked the cup of coffee down on my carpet and some splashed on my cat, so now, I have a coffee stained carpet and a cat that hates me. 

Okay, enough of that, we were in a group with Dortmund, Atleti, and PSV, so I thought that we actually have a chance to go through! We just need to beat PSV two times and we will definitely advance, because my aim was actually only the EURO cup.

Group Stage Games (no descriptions)

QhMD3bE.jpg

RmCHpm5.jpg

3Ve9ayI.jpg

V7APFaD.jpg

LStOze2.jpg

SPOILER: IF YOU DIDN'T READ THE ABOVE, THIS MIGHT SPOIL IT FOR YOU, TAKE CAUTION.

If you weren't bothered to read the qualifying rounds and group stages and just want to get over this update, I feel you. So let's get to the action packed EURO Cup, and........

EURO Cup 1st Round

IbhOmOE.jpg

xnLeC2z.jpg
The Bala Town lads were ready, pumped up for the first game. We hoped for an easy task, and we got Sevilla, we were probably no match for them, but I had faith, we knew we had one shot for this, and we lost 1-0 away, that's not bad. But we fought for a 2-0 win in our stadium and we got an amazing 2-1 win in the aggregate tie!

EURO Cup 2nd Round

8CbPc3U.jpg

YtJ3V58.jpg

Alright, not a bad 1st round, but then, we were drawn to Juventus.....Boasting the likes of Balanta, Leo, Pogba, and such, we were no match for them. But against all odds, with my trusty 4-3-3, we won 2-0 at our stadium against Juventus, probably the first time a Welsh team beat an Italian team! In the second leg, we put a solid 2-2 performance to send us through to the quarter finals!

EURO Cup Qtr Finals...
pNyin2M.jpg

WEToSB1.jpg
Quarter finals....one step closer to the promised land that is the final...Matched up against CSKA, we started off badly with a 2-0 loss at their ground. In the home tie, we scored 5 goals from 3 players and they scored 2 as we just scraped past the quarter finals with a 1 goal gap.

EURO Cup Semi Finals..............
5xMsN7k.jpg

MsrD7SX.jpg
PORTO was the team that would go against the Welsh power, Bala. This would be our chance to give Wales some recognition, some fame that we deserve, we have one chance right now, actually wait, we have two chances, there are two legs. Anyways, first leg, it was a stalemate 1-1, as both sides threw caution, we should've gotten more goals tbh. In the second leg, another 2-2 draw, as we go through due to the away goals rule! YES! Finals, here we come/

EURO Cup Finals: The Promised Land

This is it boys, the EURO Cup, if we win this, we are one step closer to finishing this, I said I would do 20 seasons, but I have other plans. But, I was awaiting my opponent, Olympique Lyon, a team that I was familiar with, but not 7 seasons in. Going with our strongest line-up in a 4-3-3, I wasn't sure if we can do this. 

BUT WE DID IT, MAX PARRY MAKING THE DIFFERENCE AFTER COMING IN AS A SUBSTITUTE, HE SCORES 2 GOALS IN THE LAST 10 MINUTES TO SEAL A MEMORABLE EURO CUP WIN FOR WALES, AMAZING! THIS IS IT, WE JUST NEED A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE TROPHY, MAX PARRY IS A BALA TOWN LEGEND, also we had a hat-trick of disallowed goals, it could've been 6-2, but whatever.
Ja0sQZq.jpg
Also, I counted the number of homegrown players we had, and it amounted to......5! We won the cup with 5 homegtown the players! That's one more objective out the way!

Anyways, that is all for today folks, I hope you enjoyed our little adventure in the EURO Cup, and as always, thanks for reading,

Dragon, you'll need to promote them yourself to up the youth policy attr. as you said.

Huge congrats on your EC victory. Thrilling stuff!!

@Kun - Thanks, qualifying in the group stages for the Champions League is a bit hard though.

@Nath - Thank you!

@Ash - Thanks mate, I was wondering where you went :P

@Mike - It definitely improved my reputation, I stand at 5000 points now, thanks by the way.

@Nokru_king & Marci - Thanks lads.

@Bati - Oh okay, I usually don't bother with the youth, I just stick with the current players :D

Anyways, the support on this is massive, thanks a lot guys! I have some good news and bad news though, good news is...........we are almost finishing this career. Bad news is.........we have Man City in the Super cup and we are almost finishing this career. Also, I scrap booked Chris Hughes and co. to see how they fare in the Premier League, needless to say, I have 10-12 year olds playing for me.

@Ashez - Next season.....not going to spoil it :)

@Lian - Thanks Mate, I'll need all the luck for UCL

@LostLegend - Thank you. Glad to be of service :D

*Dragon FIV appointed as Wales manager, resigns 1 month in to his tenure, leaves biggest legacy winning absolutely nothing (sarcasm)*

So that's a bit of a peek into the next season, I applied for the Wales job and was accepted, but I just wanted to focus on Bala Town F.C and that's it, but we might return soon.

Bala Town - The little team that can, will, and did.

Anyways, watch out for the next update, and I'll see you guys soon.

@Mike - If this helps right now Mike, the next season (20/21) will have 4 Million transfer budget with 33K wage budget and the max is 7000 pounds.

@Billy - Thanks, the boys will be proud after this update :D

@Bati - Ah thanks. Did you buy youth players in your Torino career? Because most youth (like Chris Hughes) were promoted by my assistant, so I'm thinking that I have to promote them.

eQ44n3H.png

BALA TOWN - The little team in Europe that did.

This is not a seasonal update, so if you were looking for that, I'm sorry. This, however, is how our Europe adventure, so without any further distractions, let's see how we went about it.

(This is going to be a spoiler-fest)

Champions League Knock-out Rounds

[spoiler[

First Qualifying Round

hMtZlpL.jpg

6CejXnG.jpg

So we enter the Champions League in the first qualifying round matched up against Faroe Islands outfit, HB Torshavn. In the first leg, we easily dispatched them with a Boundford hat-trick and a Wharton Goal. In the second leg, six goals from five Bala players while they get 2 sends us through with an 8 goal gap in the aggregate score, awesome!

Second Qualifying Round

1BaHlxC.jpg

oGSsQ4E.jpg

In the second stage of the Champions League qualifiers, we go against Estonian team Kalju? Anyways, against all odds (apparently we were underdogs), we won 3-2 in the first leg away from home against Kalju which gives us a 3 away goal cushion. Then, in the second leg, the boys attacked them well, and we come out 5-2 winners to seal an 8-4 aggregate score.

Third Qualifying Round

vDkAUA2.jpg

ejMkQLH.jpg

Alright, time for third qualifying round boy. Okay, so in the third round, we were drawn with Iceland team, Valur, who I was confident on beating. The first leg was away from home, but we put out a better performance and the two Edwards grabbed 1 goal each to win the match. In the second leg, we went left with a 3-2 thriller, but the 2 goals from the previous match left us with a comfortable 5-2 win.

Play-offs

qZVg6af.jpg

If3PmQj.jpg

I almost forgot about this one, I went straight to the group stages :P. Anyways, in the play-offs, little Bala Town were going against one of Dragon's most hated teams when he played as a low league team (example is a career I never posted with Warrenpoint), Sheriff. As cool as their name suggests, we drew the first match at home which I thought was a good score. Then, in the second leg, a 1-1 draw, which put us through on aggregate!

Group Stages

So here's a little story to keep you entertained. So, while I waited for the group stages to be drawn, I made myself a cup of coffee, because I can. Then, the message popped up and Dortmund, Atletico, and PSV were with me. I leaned back and I accidentally knocked the cup of coffee down on my carpet and some splashed on my cat, so now, I have a coffee stained carpet and a cat that hates me.

Okay, enough of that, we were in a group with Dortmund, Atleti, and PSV, so I thought that we actually have a chance to go through! We just need to beat PSV two times and we will definitely advance, because my aim was actually only the EURO cup.

Group Stage Games (no descriptions)

QhMD3bE.jpg

RmCHpm5.jpg

3Ve9ayI.jpg

V7APFaD.jpg

LStOze2.jpg

SPOILER: IF YOU DIDN'T READ THE ABOVE, THIS MIGHT SPOIL IT FOR YOU, TAKE CAUTION.

If you weren't bothered to read the qualifying rounds and group stages and just want to get over this update, I feel you. So let's get to the action packed EURO Cup, and........

EURO Cup 1st Round

IbhOmOE.jpg

xnLeC2z.jpg

The Bala Town lads were ready, pumped up for the first game. We hoped for an easy task, and we got Sevilla, we were probably no match for them, but I had faith, we knew we had one shot for this, and we lost 1-0 away, that's not bad. But we fought for a 2-0 win in our stadium and we got an amazing 2-1 win in the aggregate tie!

EURO Cup 2nd Round

8CbPc3U.jpg

YtJ3V58.jpg

Alright, not a bad 1st round, but then, we were drawn to Juventus.....Boasting the likes of Balanta, Leo, Pogba, and such, we were no match for them. But against all odds, with my trusty 4-3-3, we won 2-0 at our stadium against Juventus, probably the first time a Welsh team beat an Italian team! In the second leg, we put a solid 2-2 performance to send us through to the quarter finals!

EURO Cup Qtr Finals...

pNyin2M.jpg

WEToSB1.jpg

Quarter finals....one step closer to the promised land that is the final...Matched up against CSKA, we started off badly with a 2-0 loss at their ground. In the home tie, we scored 5 goals from 3 players and they scored 2 as we just scraped past the quarter finals with a 1 goal gap.

EURO Cup Semi Finals..............

5xMsN7k.jpg

MsrD7SX.jpg

PORTO was the team that would go against the Welsh power, Bala. This would be our chance to give Wales some recognition, some fame that we deserve, we have one chance right now, actually wait, we have two chances, there are two legs. Anyways, first leg, it was a stalemate 1-1, as both sides threw caution, we should've gotten more goals tbh. In the second leg, another 2-2 draw, as we go through due to the away goals rule! YES! Finals, here we come/

EURO Cup Finals: The Promised Land

This is it boys, the EURO Cup, if we win this, we are one step closer to finishing this, I said I would do 20 seasons, but I have other plans. But, I was awaiting my opponent, Olympique Lyon, a team that I was familiar with, but not 7 seasons in. Going with our strongest line-up in a 4-3-3, I wasn't sure if we can do this.

BUT WE DID IT, MAX PARRY MAKING THE DIFFERENCE AFTER COMING IN AS A SUBSTITUTE, HE SCORES 2 GOALS IN THE LAST 10 MINUTES TO SEAL A MEMORABLE EURO CUP WIN FOR WALES, AMAZING! THIS IS IT, WE JUST NEED A CHAMPIONS LEAGUE TROPHY, MAX PARRY IS A BALA TOWN LEGEND, also we had a hat-trick of disallowed goals, it could've been 6-2, but whatever.

Ja0sQZq.jpg

Also, I counted the number of homegrown players we had, and it amounted to......5! We won the cup with 5 homegtown the players! That's one more objective out the way!

Anyways, that is all for today folks, I hope you enjoyed our little adventure in the EURO Cup, and as always, thanks for reading,

what was your team instructions and roles when you won euro cup?

@hrvat - I prefer to keep that to myself right now, but when I do master the tactic, I'll release it because I'm not too confident in that tactic right now.

@Mike - Thanks for that.

eQ44n3H.png

BALA TOWN - Progress?

Alright, welcome back to Wales, known for it's magnificent sheep, we come back to you with Bala Town. I left you guys at the win in the EURO Cup which was amazing by the way, but it's time to move on, let's get on with this.

GexPSmi.png

Bx90r2P.jpg

So, in the transfer window, we were very busy with one transfer, yes, we have actually signed a player! After the past seasons where I didn't sign a single player and relied heavily on youth, I brought in former Liverpool man, Harry Wilson for 2 Million, a bit too much, but I had a few (five) millions in the bank. We have also sold Toby Jones and Rhydian Davies to TNS which is very poor business by Craig Harrison, I think he lost his mind. The legend, Boundford, has gone along with 2 others on frees and Hywel went on loan to Wrexham for experience.

KkoRFxw.png

IBBG06c.jpg

---

zntiB3L.jpg

We have an absolute superb squad which I think is capable of challenging competitively in Europe unlike before. Up front, we have Hywel, who became a beast, and Hughes, who is still a beast, so we are good there. In the middle of the park, we are solid with Harry Wilson, David, Edwards, and Taylor, so we are good there. In the defense, we are made of steel with the likes of Edwards and Griffiths, along with James protecting the goal, so overall, our squad is robust.

GAjmJml.png

xcLms4z.jpg

Going with a 4-4-2 attacking to accommodate my wingers and strikers, I decided that we would have inside forwards partnered with a winger, but I forgot what I put :D And no, this is not what I used in the EURO Cup final.

ayxGIsJ.png

The League
OlXsLWW.jpg

Who doesn't expect us to win the league? TNS are gone now as we have 97 goals separating us, and we also end the season unbeaten with 121 goals, our team is definitely clinical enough. Let's hope we can carry that form in Europe.

Welsh Premier League Cup

IDI7K9O.jpg

In the Premier League Cup, we strolled to a 3-1 win, and is the only cup we did not win for 8 seasons straight, because if you remember, Newtown stopped us in the fourth or third round in it, which still leaves me bitter against them, definite rivals.

Welsh Cup
i6n4kmw.jpg

Smashed Airbus again in the other cup 4-0, with the amazing Hughes getting a brace, but again we went one man down for the second time in a final which really is bad, but we won it, so no complaints there.

Europe?? Sorry no Europe  ;)  Predictions for Europe are suggested  :P 

lDAbNJu.png

4SazytC.jpg

------

b3NfyFy.jpg

------

tJTwGdR.jpg

------

fuJwgkh.jpg

If you ever doubted Harry Wilson, you won't now, as he takes top assist man with 29 assists, seems like he justified the reason on why I bought him. Again, Hughes is the top goal scorer with 67 goals to cap off a season, and with 215 goals in 204 games, he is leading the goals chart for 1K goals, so I will actually continue this if he doesn't get 1000 goals when we win the Champions League.

8wkeANi.png

s9JZsMA.jpg

Oh yeah, the 5000 points was in the future, so sorry if you were a bit misleaded I would say, but I have 4500 points, close enough right?

wTy2kVi.png

Goals

xOX7MHG.jpg

Assists

sF3Dt1F.jpg

Average Ratings

vNSL0Fo.jpg

ypSi9uX.png

ynUrWXE.jpg

We stepped down by one to 34th, but still a good place to be in. The EURO Cup run hasn't really improved it much but we'll have to keep pressing on for the number one spot, come on lads!

Other things to mention:

Let's see how Bati's prediction earlier affects the Wales squad.

Xb7FAYq.jpg

So, 6 Bala players made it into the squad, but 4/6 are home grown, which truly is an achievement. Hughes, Taylor, and James all feature in the first team and are home grown players, so our academy is doing fantastic, good prediction Bati.

Anyways, that is all lads, Europe will come soon, but I hope you enjoyed this and comments or suggestions are welcome down below. And as always, thanks for reading.

Dominating isn't quite the word anymore.

You're humiliating your opposition, mate!

Hughes is a beast! 67 goals, 23 assists, 8.90 av. rating. Top!

Wilson did justify his price tag already in the first season with his nearly 30 assists.

I know it's sometimes hard work finding the missing puzzle pieces but when they all fall into place and you got yourself a strong badass squad for the coming 5-6 seasons at least it feels really great.

@lilgwanz - Thanks. Europe should melt like butter when they come across Hughes *cough*

@Bati - I know, it must have felt the same with Torino :D The thing is, there's another potential star rising in the Bala Town ranks.

Anyways, I have been pretty busy in the past 3 days, hence why I haven't updated in a while, but I'm working on new headers and stuff, so you'll have to deal with text.

Bala Town : The Welsh Way

Alright mate, welcome back to the land of the Welsh. Today we travel back in time to 21-22, in the period of Bala Town F.C's greatest manager, Dragon FIV. We check out how Bala Town actually did in the European Cups, let's go!

CZKP7jL.jpg

-------

200px-Manchester_City.svg.png                     VS.             200px-Bala_Town_logo.png.jpg

European Super Cup
Manchester City vs. Bala Town

Alright, as usual lads, we start off with the Champions League group stages. I always feel that even in a tough group I could still get away with it and get a EURO Cup spot minimum, but with a tough group like this it wasn't possible as Man U beat us on the final day to kick us out of Europe. Seems like it should be next season then. Following that, we had the European Super Cup vs. Manchester City, and guess what. We lost 2-0 to a Timo Werner brace, so we crash out Europe by the two Manchester sides which ends our season on a low in Europe.

Bala Town : The Welsh Way....Season 22-23

200px-Bala_Town_logo.png.jpg

BALA TOWN - On the rise...

Alright FMHVibers, welcome back after a bit of a break. In the past 3 days, I lost a bit of interest in FMH 2015, but now that has been regained, we can continue on to the 22-23 season, which is my 8th season in charge. So without further ado, let's crack on with it.

Transfers
70hIBbl.jpg

On with the transfers, we have some pending Welsh players to join our side. I've already struck a deal with the two English clubs for them, so we'll just have to wait in the summer for it to be officially complete, but anyways. Louis Thompson is basically an all round good central midfielder that I will look to employ as a ball winning midfielder, while Loveridge is more or less, a third-choice striker for an up and coming star as well as Chris Hughes, but decent one nevertheless. We've actually made a sale! Michael Thomas moves on for 20K to Porthmadog, decent transfer for them. I think that's all the important ones off.

End Squad
eDF5S0v.jpg

---------

6tttu0c.jpg

Our squad is basically fantastic. With a good mix of young home-grown Welsh talent and a few experienced faces, you guys have witnessed the transformation of a lowly Welsh team to the top of European football. Also, our youngsters that I loaned out and kept actually are growing really well, due to our facilities, we have been developing some great players. Some ones you can probably see are Neil Griffiths, all three Hughes, Rhys Taylor, and James to name a few. Anyways, let's go on to the formation.

Formation
BID2FpA.jpg

We go into the season with a 4-2-2-2 to accommodate our wingers, midfielders, and strikers so it's pretty much a formation that will hopefully beast in the season. I might change to a 4-3-3 if things don't go well, but 4-2-2-2 is the formation that we're going with, and that's all.

League and Cup Results
r4B6hD0.jpg

In the league, we won it again with 36 points over TNS, and we almost completed another perfect season, but TNS had improved a lot of quality in their squad, and it's only the away games that we struggle against them, but we still won it anyways so no complaints there.

Welsh Premier League Cup
2AQIyxo.jpg

We win the second Welsh trophy with a close 3-2 win over Airbus UK, and we complete two-thirds of the domestic sweep. I think we should have actually dominated this and should've won by at least 2-3 goals, but they weren't clinical enough, so we had to deal with the pressure after the 46th minute.

Welsh Cup
QxAIEIi.jpg

To complete the domestic treble, we had to get over Airbus UK again in the Welsh Cup final. This time, however, we win the match dominantly with a 3-0 win and we confined them to only three shots. A brilliant performance from the team, especially the star, Michael Hywel.

Star Performers

Top Goalscorer
d1zMbzr.jpg

------

kH3WLky.jpg

For our top goalscorers, we don't have Chris Hughes, we have the other one, which is Michael Hywel. Scoring an impressive 51 goals in 46 games, he might be starting in a lot of our games and should be able to form a lethal partnership with Chris Hughes. The former Rhyl man, who went out on loan to several English sides, surely had an impressive debut season for us, and let's hope he continues to do this.

Most Assists

98tcZga.jpg

------
Noh41Xg.jpg

Of course, a season with Bala won't be complete without Chris Hughes doing something fantastic. While also claiming the top assist-er awards with 28 assists, he also was very good in front of goal scoring 49 goals in 58 games, not bad for the runner up to the Welsh golden-boot.

Manager Information

68Zxbpk.jpg

As you can see, now we have 5000 points and we are 9th in the hall of fame, we are obviously one of the best managers to be, we just need to capture that number 1 spot in the Manager's Hall of Fame.

Squad Information

Goals

Bov6v6H.jpg

With Michael Hywel and Chris Hughes scoring exactly 100 goals between them.....I think I've found the perfect partnership lads, what do you guys think?

Assists

XnKLb18.jpg

With the top 3 assisting over 79 goals, we are becoming one of the best sides, and I can't stress that enough!

Average Rating

stV87RG.jpg

League Standards

RpkvvFO.jpg

We are back in 33rd! Yeah! We really need to improve, I guess we need to win some Champions League tirophies, but I think one objective is to make Wales the best league in Europe? Seems like a good challenge.

Anyways lads, that is all for today, I hope you enjoyed and as always, thanks for reading.

@Ashez. - Thanks Ash.

@LostLegend - I don't know,it's been bouncing back and forth, but I can promise all the players I bought were Welsh.

@Nath. - Thanks mate.

@Billy - Champions League is possible, but a Wales World Cup win? I need to get the Wales job back first :P

@Mike - Thanks, he's a scorer and a creator, what do you expect from the man himself, Chris Hughes.

@Ash - Oh, okay. Thanks for the heads up.

Bala Town F.C - Europe 22-23

I still haven't finished my titles, but I will look to complete it by the next update, so sorry for that. Anyways, picking up from where we left off last season, Bala Town's European adventure in the 2022-2023 season.

First of all, we got through the playoffs after an aggregate (3-2) win over Red Star despite Luka Jovic's best efforts, he can't stop Chris Hughes. We followed that victory with a (3-3 aggregate) win over Red Bull Salzburg, but we got through using the away goals rule by scoring 3 goals away, a very good rule (except for Chelsea and PSG's match recently) :D . Then, in the playoff legs against Israeli outfit, AEL, who we beat (3-2) with the help of a 110th minute goal from Luke Edwards, the winger. So that sums up the qualification legs, to the group stages!

QDkMEjG.jpg

Luke Edwards gets the winning goal in 110th minute to send Bala to the Champions League group stages, they must be ecstatic!

To summarize our games in the group stages, decent but we could have done better. Beating Tottenham to the EURO Cup spot, we got 2 wins and 4 losses to advance into the EURO Cup, I feel hopeful that we could get this one.

hX0so2r.jpg

Here are the scores from those matches:

D3SLnsl.jpg

SVkk35d.jpg

F7iMrVy.jpg

mZWeFUt.jpg

NbHaV20.jpg

2n2Baac.jpg

Following that great escape, we faced up against Olympiakos, and beat them 4-3 on aggregate after a tense match away from home and a strict counter attacking strategy at home to gift us the win! Then, comes a match I wished we could've won: Napoli. In the first leg, we were fantastic, grabbing 6 shots on target, but it ended nil-nil which is a disappointing performance. The second leg......1 goal decided it. Despite our best efforts, we failed, and they managed to get through our defense and scored a goal, at least our defensive tactic worked to keep them at one goal!

jqDYurg.jpg

Bala Town F.C - The Welsh Way

1XJrSlq.png

Alright, lads and ladettes, welcome back to the humble hotel of Wales. Today, we take a tour around the 11,000 seater stadium, yes that's right, even though we had European dominance, we still have 11-bloody-000 seats, I don't know, but the reason was unable to obtain planning permission or something? Ashez, Bati, or someone, help me out on this one!

Transfer:

4Kda6XU.jpg

-----

85BOTEp.jpg

The first name you might notice there is probably a former Madrid Welsh-man named.....Gareth Bale! Who knew the 33 year old would still come back to his home land to play for Bala Town! The rest are the ones from last season, but I think we are doing good!

Alright, let's have a peek at the squad with the new additions of Thompson, Loveridge, and of course, Gareth Bale! Cheap wages as well at 2600 pounds, bargain! Anyways, I think we have some good depth and a good mix of youngsters and golden oldies, we may have what it takes to win the Champions League, what do you guys think?

Starting Squad:

VUcfpCO.jpg

-------

tPq006X.jpg

Formation:

It's a 4-3-2-1, and no it wasn't based off Prize, I actually created this one to suit Hughes, and all my midfielders, but it works perfectly, and I'm surprised! And....I didn't get a screenshot.

League and Cup Results:

1cj684q.jpg

Ah, well. Another perfect season from the Bala Town lads, and really, it should be like this every season but TNS actually have a good team with foreigners (smirk) and they somehow manage to beat us away from home at most times. But anyways, we won the league by 44 points! What a point gap lads!

Welsh Premier League Cup

CBo5bpo.jpg

No comment here, except Chris Hughes hat-trick, what a beast!

Welsh Cup

pMkocfH.jpg

Do I even need to mention the results, we just dominate guys! 3-0 win over Airbus....what can I say?

Star Performers:

The Machine

bXlY05Z.jpg

Jazafn6.jpg

(sighs in-game and in real life) 85 GOALS LADS, 85 GOALS FROM CHRIS HUGHES. THIS IS TOO GOOD, HE IS JUST ONE OF THE BEST YOUTH PROSPECTS I HAVE EVER DEVELOPED, THAT IS ALL.

The Creator

jkgdNSq.jpg

PKGYhmM.jpg

Harry Wilson didn't deliver at Liverpool, but he does at the Maes Tegid stadium, I have some sort of connection with him now! Also, does he have some sort of connection with Atletico Madrid because that's apparently his favorite club.

Squad Stats: 

Goals

ztXx8wc.jpg

Because I played a one striker formation, Hywel hasn't been playing much games, but the combo of Hughes and Bale? It has amounted to 104 goals, so it has really blossomed between them, we will do this!

Assists

EnLvFvl.jpg

Assists? Goals? Bale can do them all, after contributing to 51 goals! What a legend! Also, Hughes has created and scored 99 goals, another legend!

Av. Rating

uofbXBU.jpg

Anyways, that is all for today lads, there will be a special update next which might be coming today or tomorrow depending on my mood, who can guess it? But as for now, we're finished and as always, thanks for reading.

Love the fact that you brought back Gareth Bale. For his presence alone but he still contributed greatly.

What planet did Hughes come from again? I think I missed it in an earlier post, thanks.

Sick job, Dragon ;)

@Bati - Thanks Bati, I'll leave the others to decide where Hughes came from :D

eQ44n3H.png

Hello, and welcome back to this story,the Welsh Way with Bala! I couldn't wait to get this update out, but this is a special one, one to keep for the memories. Anyways, without any further distractions, let's get on with this.

Bala Town F.C : The little team in Europe.

175px-UEFA_Champions_League_logo_2.svg.p

Following our successes last update, with Chris Hughes banging in 85 goals, what did he actually do in Europe? Let's pick up on what we left off from the last update,which is Bala Town F.C's European Adventure!

Qualification & Playoff Rounds

Alright mate, let's start off with the qualification and playoffs. We still weren't top 20 or something, so we had to go through all this trouble to get to the group stages.

RwL0ysR.jpg

We entered Europe first, through the 2nd qualification round, where we won with a dominant display over Elfsburg, winning 3-0 in the home tie and 4-1 in the away tie, giving us a 7-1 aggregate score. Bala should get some recognition now! In the third qualification round, we would face off against Bulgarian team, Ludogorets. This would not have been an easy task, but we drew 0-0 in the away tie, a good result. But in the home game, we won 3-2 which was a bit shaky, but amazing nevertheless, they scored two goals in the last 10 minutes, which part of that doesn't scream NO!

KNkEJOD.jpg

Alright, the playoffs. After our good displays in the qualification rounds, we earned a playoff spot against Slovenian outfit, Maribor. As you guys know, they are a team that shouldn't be underestimated.....but neither are we, so we smashed them 4-0 away, and drew 1-1 at home to seal off a Champions League group stage spot and a 5-1 win on aggregate.

pqQrhi8.jpg

Group Stage

Ah....the old group stages, this time I wouldn't settle for a EURO Cup spot, this time, we will actually go all out for a Champions League spot. Be it that we lose in the knock out rounds, I don't care, I want to show that even though Bala started small, we worked our way up to this, come one lads!

We were drawn with some big European giants like PSG, Liverpool and Roma, but I knew that with the quality of our team, we could get a Champions League spots, so let's see how we did!

In the first three games, we started off badly, with another loss to one of our biggest European rivals, PSG, 2-0 is not good enough! I'm surprised Kenedy didn't get into the scoresheet...bad luck I guess :D In the second game, we started a fantastic run with a 5-2 over English team, Liverpool, can't contain Bale can they? Now, for the third game, we stole a 3-1 win at home over Roma with a Chris Hughes hat-trick and capped off the first three games brilliantly.

BKm0igU.jpg

wQXjeke.jpg

2DilMDv.jpg

Last three games, I think we might be able to do this! The second game against PSG was a brilliant defensive display from us by keeping them to only a 1-1, with Davies' goal keeping us level. The fifth game in the group had us going against Liverpool, and against all the odds that you could throw at us, Rhys Taylor's goal in 22nd minute was what separated us and we grab a fantastic 1-0 win! The last game was a tough one to take, we needed PSG to lose to get a European spot, and despite losing 1-0 to Roma, we did it! Liverpool had beaten PSG by two goals (2-0) to give us a European spot (2nd place)....YES

O6GQahP.jpg

fBLSjIr.jpg

xUWXnJ2.jpg

Knockout Round

p4lu1Ju.jpg

The knockout rounds.....this was minimum expectations for me, but they made it harder and gave us Juventus to face in the 1st round. This wasn't going to be easy, but in the home leg, we drew 1-1 with Juventus, and I was ecstatic with this result but we needed to win the second leg or draw by 2 goals so this was going to be very hard. In the second leg, we went out and won 1-0 with a Chris Hughes penalty, a barrage of attacks went against us but we kept our cool and won the 1st round!

The Last 16

2MzW51P.jpg

The quarter finals......we came here after long years of blood, sweat, and tears....we can't mess this up. I anxiously kept pressing continue to see who we would get in the quarter finals. We got Monaco. In the first leg away from home, we did brilliantly and had a top notch defense and limited them to a 2-2 draw with us. The second leg would mean we need to at least draw or we would win, and we picked the latter as we stole a 2-1 from under their noses....Billy, this is the second time mate :P

kfd8e9F.jpg

Semi finals would be a difficult task, but we were drawn against Spanish giants, Barcelona starting with the away leg. In the away leg, a 74th minute trademark Hughes' goal gave us an amazing advantage with a 1-0 win, this might be possible! The second leg, couldn't get any harder, but with a defensive 4-5-1, we got a draw, and advanced through the last 16 towards the EUROPEAN FINALS.

The European Final...

European Finals......a dream by many, especially if it's a Wales team. Bala has just come off from a great 2-1 aggregate win over Barca....and guess who they were against, Real Madrid. We had one of their former players, Gareth Bale, so we had a potential threat against them, but....before you continue, get your favorite snack and whatever, and then continue. Prepare for the impossible....

----------------

Alright, welcome back to European Champions Cup Final. This is Dragon FIV's second time against Real Madrid, with the first being a memorable win with the American based PSV club. But anyways, we are not here for that, we are here to watch an unknown Welsh club, Bala Town F.C, go against Europe's powerhouse, Real Madrid in what could be another easy win for Madrid. Let's go:

------------------

The teams seem to fairly go towards Real Madrid having the better team, but Bala should not be underestimated, I mean, they've beaten the likes of Barca, is there anything in that, that doesn't sound fantastic? Anyways, let's get on with this.

After a shaky start, we went down 1-0 with a Lukaku goal in the 33rd minute, will things get worse for Bala, it's only early days, so can they get an equalizer?

THEY'VE DONE IT, Chris Hughes slots one past the keeper to balance the scores. The young Welsh magician still keeps his cool despite it being a European final! 1-1 after 44 minutes, this is getting intense, but Bala Town F.C seems to be the better team!

First Half is over, the scores are 1-1.

-Filler because nothing happened in the second half that was worth noting-

Second Half is over, the scores are 1-1, it will now go to extra time.

GOAL! BALA HAVE MIRACULOUSLY TAKEN THE LEAD THROUGH CHRIS HUGHES IN THE 96TH MINUTE. THE BALA CROWD ARE OVERJOYED, BUT IT'S NOT OVER YET, REAL MADRID COULD STILL GET ONE BACK!

Martin Odegaard goes through, he passes, goes forward, shoots! GOAL! Real Madrid pull one- Wait, the referee calls for offside, the assistant had his flag up....Bala are still in the lead!

Hughes going forward, as graceful as a deer, can he get a hat-trick? YES HE CAN, CHRIS HUGHES COMPLETES HIS HAT-TRICK AND BECOMES ONE OF THE FEW WHO SCORED A HAT-TRICK, AND THE FIRST WELSH PLAYER FROM BALA TO DO SO IN A EUROPEAN CUP FINAL, BALA ARE 3-1 UP AGAINST ALL ODDS.

Roberto Grassi, shoots! Goal! Real Madrid pulled one back in the 120th minute....too late now, surely Bala have already won this!

Rhys Hughes passes to Harry Wilson, the referee blows his whistle! It's all over, Bala have won it! The Bala players are ecstatic while the Real Madrid players fall down in shame! The unknown Welsh team are the first Welsh team to win the European Cup in FMHVibe, we have done it! We completed the achievements with cups!

Here is the final score, but I highly recommend opening the spoiler before this one to get a good perspective of it:

8OaqDnV.jpg

Anyways, that is all, don't worry the challenge is not over, I still need a player who scored 1000 goals and another player who got 300 assists....yeah. And as always, thanks for reading.

I tried opening the spoiler. Won't work. :(

Congrats at winning the CL.

You seriously need to post the scrapbook of Hughes!