Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Billy's mega tactic

billy2shots

Yes patch 6.2 has basically killed it. Have a play around with the formation and player roles and see what you can come up with.

Basically it's the wide complete forward where the problem is. SI seems to have killed this position.

The closest I have come to success is 3 central strikets, a poacher in the middle and 2 Trequarista s.

Treq Poacher Treq

For what its worth, this was an incredible tactic and showed some real innovation. I have won a hatful of trophies with Athletic Bilbao where its not easy due to player restrictions, and your tactics have to be spot on.

I have had some reasonable success with the new patch with quite a basic 4-1-2-2-1 with short passing, but after a while the results have dried up. It does seem like its back to the old 'change tactics every 4/5 months' once the CPU 'works your tactic out'...

It was a real game changer. I can't believe SI destroyed it.

Why do you think some people don't release there tactics? I honestly believe SI troll Vibe especially to look at the tactics and find the amazing ones(like yours) and they patch them.

My advice which maybe people may not like is don't release your tactic,obviously your tactic was about helping others out but I bet you used it for all your careers and challenges,but it is a massive shame that one of the best tactic no longer works

RIP Billy's Mega Tactic :)

That's a great shame as like you say Lee, I shared to help others. I received loads of requests by PM and in my career posts so just wanted to give a little back.

I won't do that in future which is harsh but what can you do?

That's a great shame as like you say Lee, I shared to help others. I received loads of requests by PM and in my career posts so just wanted to give a little back.

I won't do that in future which is harsh but what can you do?

It's sad that they patch tactics but at the same time it's for the good of the game, if you made a tactic that was amazing on FMH14-FMH17 and SI didn't patch it it wouldn't be fun winning all the time,I really enjoy the tactical side of FM & FMH so I like to make new adventurious tactics,alot of people that have 1K challenges there is a reason why they don't release there tactics and it's because they don't want SI to get there hands on it(my opinion only).

But don't be disheartend by this I am sure we will see Billy's Mega Tactic part 2 :)

Would SI deliberately kill a tactic in the middle of the game (you could understand this if they did it for the next edition of FMH)? I think they changes the player roles due to on-going issues with some roles not playing properly (too many long shots etc). Somehow that must have killed the tactic- hard to say whether that was intention or not.

If I was to make a guess (and it is a complete and utter guess), I would guess that the wingback role has been tweaked to advance further up the pitch when you have the ball, making the FR/FL position much less effective at defending (it seemed to be the ultimate pressing tactic). I say this because it seems like dropping the FR/FL back to AMR/AML is now more effective.

Guys if you want a tactic that works amazingly for the enhanced engine then take a look at my tacticpost-59338-0-97794500-1428515342_thumb.j

And the player instructions are

post-59338-0-41395300-1428515376_thumb.j

Guys if you want a tactic that works amazingly for the enhanced engine then take a look at my tactic image.jpg

Have you tested it with other teams in other countries?

Guys if you want a tactic that works amazingly for the enhanced engine then take a look at my tactic image.jpg

I have tested it with Derby,Liverpool and Napoli worked great for all three

Nice,have you tried it on both engines

Nope

Make your own thread mate and see what response you have

I have made my own thread it has close to 300 views

Nope

Views are nothing without replies, but good on you for finding a good tactic :)

Nope

Have you tried the tactic?

Nope

Have you tried the tactic?

No mate I create my own tactics I never really use someone else's tactic :)

RIP ? 

Why RIP ? 

Still work really well with little change in players type.

The big change is you can't use 3 poachers anymore and... really need a great defensive midfielder.

I just replace left and right attacking forward with Wingers / Inside Forward OR when it's possible, real right and left forward like Goran Pandev IIvica Olic.

And I score as well as before. Just a little more difficult with some specific teams.

RIP ?

Why RIP ?

Still work really well with little change in players type.

The big change is you can't use 3 poachers anymore and... really need a great defensive midfielder.

I just replace left and right attacking forward with Wingers / Inside Forward OR when it's possible, real right and left forward like Goran Pandev IIvica Olic.

And I score as well as before. Just a little more difficult with some specific teams.

Is that with the latest patch?

Any chance of a screen shot of your changes

Not at work, I can't use any picture uplaoder.

I've got much less occasion, so I need a strong poacher who miss less.

I'm in 2017 and my first season in first league (French League) :

J 29 W 18 D 5 L 5  (3rd, but PSG and Monaco a pretty unmatchable for 5 or 6 seasons).

52 Goals for 18.

Not that bad with a young team (around 21 with always 1 "old" (30-35) player per sector, usually taken without contract. I have Demichelis  in central defense, Flamini and Essien in midfield and defensive midfield, I can't pay for a striker (cost too much) )

10 Last match :

W 2-0

W 2-0

D 1-1

W 3-0

W 2-0

D 0-0

W 3-0

W 3-0

W 4-0 

L 0-1

W 3-0

W 2-0

It takes around 6 or 7 match to start working (crossfinger not to be sacked :).

This still works well in 6.2 for me

slight changes since the update, HAVE HAD TO MOVE THE COMPLETE FORWARDS

This still works well in 6.2 for me

slight changes since the update, have moved the complete forwards and changes midfield roles slightly.

sorry i cant upload pics as im at work.

formation is:

--------------------------TQA----PCR----TQA--------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------DLM----APM---DML--------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WBK-------------------------CTR----CTR------------------------------

-------------------------------------GK-----------------------------------

Instructions:

Balanced, Direct and Normal

Pressing and Offside ON

NB - occasionally the AI will stifle you, but i have found that switching the DLM to CM and passing from Direct to Short/Mixed generally gets you back on top.

I have had some troubles when low creativity players have been used in TQA and APM roles, so make sure you have the right players for these roles.

I have been working on a few things. Unfortunately I won't be sharing due to the risk of it being nerfed by SI again.

I will soon be posting a new career and will show the formation there.

I have been working on a few things. Unfortunately I won't be sharing due to the risk of it being nerfed by SI again.

I will soon be posting a new career and will show the formation there.

Good one Billy just don't release it hope you manage to bring your tactic back :)

Really strange.

I'm able to win versus RealMadrid 0-4 in Madrid and lose versus the weakest team of my league 0-2 at home...

I make the worst begining this season with a 9 place for the fist half of my season :/

I can't explain, it works like heaven my first season in first league, second season is just a nightmare... with a stronger team !

I think you are right, this tactic is broken :

planning to check out the original tactic using Leeds United

I've got a magical Savegame with a killer's attack : 

Cristiano Ronaldo - Suarez - Messi. (Evogen of course).

It's just insane.

Just touched a 1000 goals with kane today.. used a variety of different tactics...

Mate. You did this with the 6.2 update?!

If yes. You're a legend! :P