Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Challenge Cup 2015

samhardy

Congratulations both even though Maple has had the luckiest ever route to the final! Let me just break it down:

- Majestically comes 2nd bottom of the entered participants and would have gone out if a few more entered

- Scrapes through the group and again could have easily gone out

- Quarter Finals - Opponent withdraws

- Semi Finals - Maple gets sacked, Opponent withdraws

:D

I was top of my group I'll have you know. The rest was utter trolling though, I do agree :P

Unlucky Scott, Ronaldo and Benzema really carried me this round! I thought I was going to get sacked so many times that I was a nervous wreck every time I pressed continue lol.

So MM we meet again! You disappear for months yet now I can't get away from you :P.

Benzema had 3 in 3 for me before he picked up a 3 month injury, got sacked in December :lol: Good luck in the final :)

I would have smashed MM score if I could have submitted it as well. I had to go away to somewhere in the middle of no where on my long weekend break didn't I. I should have been more organised an got the save over an done with.

Good luck to both of you and may the odds be forever in you favour.

I would have smashed MM score if I could have submitted it as well. I had to go away to somewhere in the middle of no where on my long weekend break didn't I. I should have been more organised an got the save over an done with.

Good luck to both of you and may the odds be forever in you favour.

Really? I thought I did alright in that round XD

New picture added :P

We kept a lot of the same players :O Jenkinson, Cresswell and Valencia...and a goalie, although you chose Adrian and I chose Jussi :P

Just crossed my mind and made sense to me lol.

1. It's one of the most successful careers this year and it's only half way through

2. It saves taking us out of that so in theory we can get that done quicker and get new ideas out

3. Obviously we're both in it

4. MM has a nice head start

5. A big grand finale people can follow in detail

6. It's one of the hardest challenges on Vibe that's never been completed (unlike say the UEC). What better way to announce the best player?

Obviously up to the hosts but throwing the idea out there :).

Challenge Cup 2015 final

BadgeAS_Saint-%C3%89tienne.png

So, after a month and a half of fierce competition, we are finally down to the elite two managers. Ash v Maple, England v Canada, Liverpool v Manchester United for the opportunity of walking away with the title of Challenge Cup 2015 champion. Ash is appearing in his third consecutive final and, rather unsurprisingly, Maple is appearing in his first. Rumours of match fixing have been thrown around on discovery that he has reached the final.

Anyway, enough of the build up. The challenge:

· You will be managing AS Saint-Étienne, in France.
· You must start the season with a squad of 30 players. No constraints on transfers, or whether the players are on loan or not, you must start the season with 30 players. Once you have played the first league match of the season, no more transfers are allowed.
· Keep an eye on the average rating of your players. On the 31st of each month, you must demote your two highest rated players, never to be used again (unless they apply to the next rule).
· When January comes around, you may promote two players of your choice that you have demoted in the first part of the season.

By my calculations, you will be demoting two players every month for 9 months (August-April) and with the two you are allowed to re-promote, you will finish the season with 14 players :D.

Points system

League points
Goal difference
Points from EL group stage
2 points for each round passed in domestic cups
2 points for each knockout EL round passed
20 points for 1st in league, 19 for 2nd, etcetera...

You both know the rules, no unlockables, own tactics only etc. This time, as it's the final if you have to ask if you're cheating then you are. We won't be as lenient this time with it being the final.

Deadline is a week from now, but the result will be announced as soon as both contestants submit their results.

Good luck :)

Beautiful challenge, terrified about keepers though! What happens if you run out?

This will take so much calculating to build a good enough squad to cope lol.

Is there an easier way to see how many players you have in your squad compared to simply counting them? I know ITN has a counter at the top but I don't think club level does :(. Please tell me I'm missing something obvious lol.

You're getting no tips from me :P

Most impartial host ever XD (Apart from the fact that he'd help me in a heartbeat of course ;))

Interesting challenge though, I'm just happy that I get to sign players lol. I'm so much better when I can sign players :P

Already in Jan, i found the first part infuriatingly addictive :D. There is a few ways to go about this challenge and at first I was happy with the way I decided to go but having second thoughts now :/. (A month with no striker will do that to you :P). The key is the signings and how you use your players effectively for sure but there is more to it than that.

This is why I love the CC, such classy challenge, I'd suggest anyone following to give it ago as it's rather fun :).

Love the challenge! It's pretty unlikely you'll be losing keepers, as strikers tend to hog the average ratings in my experience.

@Sam: I don't know if that's a complement or not :P

@DB: Slightly OTT :P. I have been trying to get it done ASAP though, normally half on day of release and second half on the next day, just like this round ;).

This is the round I wish I spent more time on, then again it's easy to see the mistakes you've made once finished, it's a really hard challenge to plan for! In this challenge you've managed to take not only my 433 from me but also my prep work! Not good :(.