Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Nintendo

Ashez

Will add you back when next online. I don’t actually get much time these days, but half tempted to grab Super Mario Bros and just play on my handheld.

1 hour ago, Nucleus said:

Start with either 7/9/10. I can’t fault either of those three to be honest. 9 being the last one on the PS before the jump to full on 3D. The graphics jump between 9 and 10 is incredible actually. Well it was at the time anyway

Now I have a way to play them it's something I'll think about

20 minutes ago, Rob said:

Will add you back when next online. I don’t actually get much time these days, but half tempted to grab Super Mario Bros and just play on my handheld.

Only needs to be added one way and then accepted :)

I played that Mario on WiiU, have you played any in that NSMB series? (DS, Wii, 3DS)

1 hour ago, Rob said:

I played it a bit on the WiiU and then other stuff took over. My WiiU is packed away in the loft now.

I like it but it's nothing special. It's selling really well though as expected, the NSMB series gets shit but I like it. 

@Ashez I finished the story and completed some levels. I have like 78%. Don't play backwards. In my opinion it doesn't make sense because the game evolves well one game to the other.

@Nucleus @Rob gonna add you both. And @Westside what's your fc?

So, how many in here play MK8 online? I play a lot with my gf. If you want to join us you're welcome 😀

26 minutes ago, zaangie said:

So, how many in here play MK8 online? I play a lot with my gf. If you want to join us you're welcome 😀

I’ve just played it for the first time this morning. First three races and I got 2nd,2nd,3rd which I’m happy with 😁 it’s pretty brutal actually lol

23 minutes ago, zaangie said:

I have interest in FFX-X2 but no way I'm gonna pay 45 bucks for it

You can get it for around £20 on PlayStation but I still expect Nintendo to charge around £40 which is a shame!

4 hours ago, Rob said:

I guess it’s the retro element of it that appeals.

Unfortunately for that reason Mario Maker killed the 2D series imo

41 minutes ago, zaangie said:

@Ashez I finished the story and completed some levels. I have like 78%. Don't play backwards. In my opinion it doesn't make sense because the game evolves well one game to the other.

@Nucleus @Rob gonna add you both. And @Westside what's your fc?

You're a machine then lol, did it annoy you as much as it's annoying me lol. I'm on the last level of the 2nd island iirc. 

I did when it was free but I've not bought the online yet or missed it tbh. I'll get it once the free games are worthwhile as I have limited interest in online play, I just don't care for NES games. But Super Mario World, Super Metroid and the like are well worth the fee....Even if I have the classic haha. I want GBA alot though as Pokemon, the Metroids, Castlevania's, Zelda's and that appeal. I've always wanted to play Minish Cap so I'm hoping this will happen, the 3DS not getting GBA VC sucked ass. 

41 minutes ago, zaangie said:

I have interest in FFX-X2 but no way I'm gonna pay 45 bucks for it

Are Nintendo publishing? If they aren't wait for a sale imo lol. That's why it sucks Nintendo published the Bethesda games as they'll never be cheap yet the Ubisoft titles (Starlink, Rabbids, South Park) are now £20-5 every where. The only Nintendo game I see cheap is Sushi Striker unfortunately, Arms or Pollen for £20 and I'd bite I think. 

40 minutes ago, zaangie said:

@Ashez there's a 30 minute video of dragon's dogma game play if you want to check it. 

I'll have a nose :)

19 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

I’ve just played it for the first time this morning. First three races and I got 2nd,2nd,3rd which I’m happy with 😁 it’s pretty brutal actually lol

You can get it for around £20 on PlayStation but I still expect Nintendo to charge around £40 which is a shame!

Online is 150 or 200 only I think so just practice lol. 150 becomes easy but 200 is always brutal imo. 

@Ashez just between us, I'm a machine in all games that I play ehehe 😂 jk there are some levels that I gave up, you can't die to get the color crystals. It's insane. 

I only have online so I can play. Got 3 friends with me in a family pack, so it's cheaper. 

You can have 100cc race if you have low rating. 

Lmao, I just played a few levels of the third island and it's the most fun I've had with the game, I really enjoyed every level I played. The one with barrels thrown at you is a tad cheap though lol. 

Yeah that's a good idea tbf. 

I've always been good then 😛

24 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

How fun does goat simulator look though! 😛

Played around with it a tad on my brothers Xbox, I think it was a gold game iirc. It was a laugh for half hour but not something I'd play. 

27 minutes ago, zaangie said:

Wargroove looks so good but I'm so bad at this kind of games 

I love SRPGs as I've played a few Fire Emblems, Pokemon Conquest, Luminous Arc 1, the under rated 3DS Tom Clancy one and loved them all. However I played a few hours of Advance Wars and for whatever reason I put it down and never returned, for that reason Wargroove doesn't excite me that much. Especially when I've loads of SRPGs in my backlog like FF Tactics 2, Luminous Arc 2 and Stella Glow. 

Metroid Prime 4 has been cancelled/delayed as Nintendo weren't happy with the current product and are starting again. Retro Studios will now be developing the sequel to their original series and it'll be a while until we hear anything about it. 

This news sucks but it can only be a good thing, I'd rather this than them shipping a game they weren't happy with. The Retro news doesn't mean much to me tbh as none of the original development team are still there so it is what it is. 

9 minutes ago, Rob said:

Sucks, but as you said it is much better to have a better version . Does leave us short on AAA games to look forward of.

By the sounds of it it was never coming 2019 anyway but now you'd expect like 2022 at the earliest which kinda sucks. I tend to trust Nintendo and if they went to this extreme it must be for good reason, they know the bad press this would cause after all. 

Mercury Steam made the 3DS Metroid 2 remake which was excellent in 2017 so maybe they'll have another 2D Metroid and the Prime trilogy remakes might be a way to tied us over. 

5 minutes ago, Rob said:

Any of you guys played Rocket League? (Apologies if already discussed)

Nope, it's always looked super interesting but being an online focused multiplayer game I've stayed away from it.

15 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Nope, it's always looked super interesting but being an online focused multiplayer game I've stayed away from it.

Haha, my next question was to ask what the single player is like 😭