Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Unemployed Career - Looking for work!

Massey127

A Golden Generation? - Season 6 Pre-Season

The time has come to welcome our new generation, a generation who will be tasked with enlisting Stoke City into the history books of every major club competition in this sport!

Just as Barcelona had to let Ronaldinho leave to allow Messi to flourish, so too must we.  We bid farewell to club greats such as Bojan, Diouf, Shawcross, Sahin and Rose.  We will remeber these warriors who fought so bravely and with the exception of the League Cup, had won every trophy possible in the past 4 years.

That leaves big shoes to fill indeed! Last season we bought several youngsters with the aim of them eventually taking over the first team roles.  Ladies and gentlemen it's my absolute pleasure to introduce to you;-

Chagas de Lima - A solid Centre back determined to neutralise opposing attackers.  His strength, ability in the air and defensive expertise make him set to become a world class defender.

Guilermo Ynclan - A central midfield playmaker with incredible technique and a footballing brain.  His natural leadership and passing ability make him the inspiration of the future.

Ramalho Silva - Think of an exciting Brazilian wide midfielder and you think, Dribbling, Shooting, Pace and Creativity! That's exactly what you get here and Ramalho Silva will be terrifying defences for many years to come.

Alexis Rodriguez Ledesma - At 19 years old this guy has it all! Versatile enough to play anywhere across the midfield.  Naturally gifted with both Leadership and technique this guy has abilities on the ball that are the envy of many ten years his senior!

Fabio Embalo - Able to play as a striker or on either flank, both footed, intelligent, fast, technically gifted and strong in the air, this ladies and gentlemen is a defenders nightmare!

Jairo Reidewald - Our only signing this summer but another who will be staking his claim for a starting position at the heart of our defence. A natural leader and athlete who knows his role inside out and is blessed with an ability to turn defence into attack make Jairo invaluable this season.

Artur Keita - A player that needs no introduction and a player that has played plenty over the past 3 seasons for us.  The time has come for Keita to step up and lead our attack this season. Naturally gifted in just about every single area you would wish for, the team has been built around him.  At still only 22 years of age his qualities justify his enormous £104m valuation! Can he be consistent enough though to make the most of his abilities? 

With so much transition this summer and trying to settle a number of players into the team, it's no surprise that our pre-season has been very mixed.  Inconsistent at best we have lost both the Community Shield and Euro Super Cup to the Manchester sides.  Peter Coates has again put his money where his mouth is and fulfilled my request to upgrade the clubs training facilities.

The pressure is on and with the board expecting great success in every area this season, can I gel this team together quick enough and can they perform consistently enough to meet those lofty expectations or will I be a Ranieri???

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

You can't Win Anything With Kids - Season 6 half way point

After a shaky start and some time required to problem solve a few combinations and player styles we managed to get the team to settle in and produce some consistency.

The kids have played a huge role so far this season and whilst not all of them have secured starting places they have surely proved very important players.

We had a tough Champions League group with AC Milan, Benfica and Shaktar.  We came through that group quite well and and again some fantastic performances from the kids in important games proved they have what it takes!

We have also made it to the semi-finals of that elusive League Cup and face Everton.  The great news is Chelsea have put out Spurs.

This season also brought us our first inclusion in the FIFA World Club Cup and we grasped our opportunity on the biggest stage beating San Lorenzo in the final.

Sections of the media raised eyebrows when I signed Thomas Lemar two seasons ago for £40+m.  He won World Player of the year this season and continues to out score my strikers! 

We also sit comfortably at the top of the League table, 8 points clear and 2 games in hand.  The top four league scorers are also Stoke City players! 

Artur Keita has not quite performed to the level I had hoped and I have had to have a few words with him.  I have made it crystal clear to him that the name on the front of the shirt is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back and to get that through his head!  This could go either way but I will do what's best for Stoke City!

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

35 minutes ago, Taff said:

Great first half of the season dude, the kids look like their doing well 

and i love the "name on the front is more important" speech inspired

Thanks mate ?

Would you mind showing screenshots of some of the players you haven't highlighted recently like Butland and Allen in the next update? I'm fascinated to see what the original members of your squad look like, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. How did Brexit turn out in your save, you seem to have had few problems signing lots of foreigners?

It would be easy for you to get lazy with your writing style at this point but you haven't, and this career continues to be as engaging as ever! Keep it up ?

7 minutes ago, Fish18ish said:

Would you mind showing screenshots of some of the players you haven't highlighted recently like Butland and Allen in the next update? I'm fascinated to see what the original members of your squad look like, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. How did Brexit turn out in your save, you seem to have had few problems signing lots of foreigners?

It would be easy for you to get lazy with your writing style at this point but you haven't, and this career continues to be as engaging as ever! Keep it up 

I can't say Brexit has affected the game at all, sure I need permits for almost every player but have very few turned down and when I appeal it's usually been successful.

Thank you very much for your kind words again!

Just for that please find below as requested ?

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

8 hours ago, Fish18ish said:

Thanks for showing that. Joe Allen being worth that much at his age is quite impressive.

Nobody has been able to dislodge Allen from first choice due to his consistency.  He is still absolutely vital for us as is Imbula.  Both of them are still the first choice pairing in central midfield!

That Elusive League Cup - Season 6 Conclusion

Competitions

We did well considering trying to gel the team and transition a new generation.  We retained the League and Champions League and finally after 6 years of trying, we won the League Cup! We were eliminated at the 6th round of the FA Cup and lost both the Community Shield and Euro Super Cup.

UEFA Champions League

We had battled our way all season with the best Europe could throw at us but so too did the mighty Barcelona.  We would face arguably one of the greatest sides in Barcelona history in the final.  In the dressing room just before kick off I give the following:-

"Great moments are born from great opportunity and that's what you have here tonight gentlemen.  That's what you earned here tonight.  One game.  If we played them 10 times they might win 9 but not this one, not tonight! Tonight we run with them, tonight we stay with them and tonight we shut them down because we can! Tonight WE are the greatest football team in the World.  You were born to be Champions every one of you.  You were meant to be here tonight.  This is your time.  Their time is done, it's over! I am sick and tired of hearing what a great football team Barcelona have!  Screw them! This is YOUR time! Now go out there and take it!".

Players

As you know the intention this season was to integrate the promising youngsters into the side and hopefully have them become first team starters whilst continuing to be competitive.  In Summary we had both success and failures.  Ledesma, Embalo, Chagas de Lima and Reidewald were an outstanding success and comfortably secured starting places.  Ledesma in particular is a future world beater!  Lemar also continues to be the difference on many occasions and was crowned FIFA World Player of the Year as well as Premiership Player of the Year for the second year running!

On the flip side are Ynclan, Sarri, and Ramalho Silva.  All three of these have the ability without any question of doubt however are not quite consistent enough to have made that break through and claim their starting places.  Joe Allen and Imbula retained their starting places!

Artur Keita

This guy needed a section of his own.  He is an enigma I just cannot work out! Valued at £104m, talented beyond belief and with the world at his feet, his only ambition appears to be pissing me off!  He is succeeding at this, I can assure you!

I have made it clear about the name on the front of the shirt being a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back.  I cut him from the team towards the end of the season and one day I was leaving training and seen him lingering in the tunnel.  I walked over to him and he said he "I quit, I just don't see the point anymore!". I replied "Boy you are so full of crap! So you got cut from the team, there are greater tragedies in life.  You are 5ft 10, weigh 9 stone nothing and you have hung in there with the best team on the planet! I guarantee you if you walk out of here there won't be a day in the rest of your life you don't regret it! You are going to walk out of here having won every medal and trophy a professional footballer can win at club level but I want you to ask yourself if you have earned any of that?  I think you could be great, maybe even the greatest the sport has ever seen but until you get your head out of your ***, it ain't ever going to happen!  It's your time your wasting and you're 23 now.  You don't wake up now then it's too late and it ain't ever going to happen!".

Ins and Outs

After another gruelling season it was time to say farewell again to some of our warriors and nobody defines that term more than Esteban Saveljich!  Our leader, our inspiration to the new generation and true warrior in every sense.  Saveljich has earned my respect as a man and will remain a close friend for a very long time.  He played out of his skin and beyond his natural level for more than 5 years and give everything to the shirt of Stoke City FC.  His contract expired at the end of the season and whilst I could have renewed, it was time to allow him to explore new opportunities.  We also bid farewell to a few players that whilst talented and promising, I just had no space for them in the squad.

There are no new signings this summer as I feel we have the players at our disposal that we need and simply need to focus on developing what we have.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Looking some feedback guys.

Do you prefer the dissected approach like the last update where the story is broken down into title headed paragraphs or would you prefer the previous updates where the story flows as one chapter?

Thanks again for all your support and help

I probably prefer the previous format, simply because I feel you convey more detail that way.

If Keita isn't performing for you, you should just offer him out for £100 million and take any offers, you could probably do better for much cheaper.

Keep up the amazing story :)

46 minutes ago, Fish18ish said:

I probably prefer the previous format, simply because I feel you convey more detail that way.

If Keita isn't performing for you, you should just offer him out for £100 million and take any offers, you could probably do better for much cheaper.

Keep up the amazing story :)

Thanks mate.

I definitely prefer writing it the other way too but thought I would see what you guys enjoy most.  If the feedback favours the previous style then I will gladly revert back. ?

1 hour ago, mcandrew003 said:

Just caught up with this fantastic save, this is probably the best one I've read and one of the best on the entire website! Can't wait for the next update

Wow, thank you very much! 

There is still much more to come ?

1 hour ago, tenere1982 said:

Fantastic career and excellent writing.

Keep it up!

Thank you very much my friend.  Glad you're enjoying it and we will revert back to "Story Mode" in the next update ?

On February 14, 2017 at 03:30, Massey127 said:

Thank you very much my friend.  Glad you're enjoying it and we will revert back to "Story Mode" in the next update ?

That's how I look at these career threads. Anyone can post screenshots of their personal sandbox and that's boring. The story is what makes them interesting. 

On 17 February 2017 at 00:18, BatiGoal said:

You have turned the expression "playing Stoke on a rainy Tuesday" into "f@#k.. we're going to the Britannia".

:)

That did make me chuckle lol ?

On 17 February 2017 at 00:40, veerus said:

That's how I look at these career threads. Anyone can post screenshots of their personal sandbox and that's boring. The story is what makes them interesting. 

Story mode it is ?

The next update will be posted tonight.......

Am I Speaking English?! Season 7 half way point

This season was always going to be challenging trying to give the youngsters the opportunity to prove what they can do and break into the first team.  Well it has proved just that, challenging! 

Whilst we remain top of the table by two points with a few games in hand and remain in all competitions, things certainly haven't been as rosey as the results might suggest.  Long gone are the times when I had absolute confidence that when the lads walked onto the pitch they would bring all 3 points.  This season has been heart stopping and live on the edge of your seat stuff! 

The positive though is the youngsters are getting the exposure and experience they require to make that breakthrough and whilst not all have done so just yet, the signs are promising.  Embalo has without doubt secured his place in the squad as one of the most revered strikers in the world!  Ledesma has secured his starting place on the left flank finally dislodging Centurion, that in itself is a hell of an achievement. Our Brazilian defender Chagas has also secured his rightful starting place in the heart of our defence and is the wall our opponents must break down if they are to stand any chance against us.

That leaves Ynclan and Sarri, our two very promising central midfielders to secure their starting places at the very heart of our team.  Whilst they are playing a more important part of our season than ever before, they have yet to replace Vanaken (who has now dislodged Allen) and Imbula.  Screenshots below show our current starting eleven.

I know what you're all thinking, What about Arthur Keita? Well this lad will be the death of me to cut a long story short!  I have never willed someone to do so well before in my life than I do Arthur Keita.  To be quite honest I have all but lost confidence in him!  After numerous man-to-man conversations and coaching sessions with Arthur I have yet to see any real fight from this guy.  So much so that now that we have just entered the New Year I thought I would try a different approach with him.  I called him into my office and this is what I said as he entered my office and walked straight towards the coffee machine;-

"Put that coffee down! You think I'm joking with you? I'm not joking with you! You call yourself a World Class Striker? I have had defenders score more goals than you!".  He replied "I don't have to listen to this s**t!".  "You certainly don't Arthur, as you have six months to keep your job here at the Bet365 stadium or your gone!  Ohh do I have your attention now?! You want to stay here then you will have to impress the hell out of me by doing exactly as you're told!  I have told you how good I think you could be, I have told you a hundred times that I think you could be the best there has ever been!  To be perfectly honest with you, I am disgusted with you right now!  I work everyday with 23 other men that would kill to have your God given ability and talent! For you to waste that is nothing short of a disgrace!  If you think I am going to let you off the hook for another second then you are sadly mistaken! You want to stay here and write your name in the history books of this sport then you had better start applying yourself!  For the next six months, you will be the first here and the last to leave, you will do more reps than any other player.  You will run, dribble, shoot, conduct more drills and above all work more than any other player on this team!  You don't, then I got no sympathy for you! We will put you on the market and there will be no time for grieving, we will immediately turn our attention to those that deserve it!  The clock is ticking Mr. Keita so get the f**k out of my office and get to work!".  

Whether this works or not, only time will tell but one thing is certain he is on borrowed time and I won't hesitate to pull the trigger!

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Dude I'm surprised your giving him another 6 months kick his worthless ass to the deepest part of hell!!!!!!

Seriously though still a must read on the site KIU

5 minutes ago, Taff said:

Dude I'm surprised your giving him another 6 months kick his worthless ass to the deepest part of hell!!!!!!

Seriously though still a must read on the site KIU

Thanks mate! 

I will pass on your regards to Arthur tomorrow morning ?

I think you'd be better off with Ricky Van Wolfswinkel upfront at the moment, and that's really saying something. Kieta's form is simply pathetic given his attributes. I definitely prefer this writing style, keep up the continually impressive work ?

1 hour ago, Fish18ish said:

I think you'd be better off with Ricky Van Wolfswinkel upfront at the moment, and that's really saying something. Kieta's form is simply pathetic given his attributes. I definitely prefer this writing style, keep up the continually impressive work ?

Lol Van Wolfswinkel.

I prefer writing the story style so we will definitely be sticking to this now.

As always your comments and support is always very much appreciated! ?

On 19/02/2017 at 21:26, Massey127 said:

Thanks mate! 

I will pass on your regards to Arthur tomorrow morning ?

You tell him I have a size 12 steel toecap boot here with his name on it

If You Do That Gentlemen Then You're Perfect! Season 7 Conclusion

For the past two years we have worked tirelessly to integrate our youth so they may one day take their rightful place in the starting eleven.  We have given blood, sweat, tears, tantrums and sacrificed ourselves for this cause.  Tonight as I sit in my office and write this journal that concludes my seventh season in my dream job as a professional Football Manager, I cannot articulate my thoughts enough to convey exactly how I feel!

There are times in life that overwhelm you, no matter how prepared or ready you think you may be, sometimes an occasion can just get too much.  When you want something so much, when you sacrifice everything you have for the good of someone else wanting nothing in return.  When you would die for the cause and then to see it happen in front of you, those are the feelings I simply do not have the vocabulary to articulate.

This season I have witnessed the coming of men.  Ynclan and Sarri have now comfortably claimed their place in the heart of our midfield and look to drive this team forward for many years to come.  Embalo, Lemar, Chago, Ledesma and Reidewald have been simply outstanding.  So much so that they have persuaded me to allow our old guard to leave now that their contracts have expired.  That means we bid farewell to legends Chavez, Allen, Adams and  Vanaken.  

The youngsters have not only proved worthy of taking over the reigns but have achieved something beyond even my wildest dreams! This team of brothers have just won every trophy we entered this year!  We have just won the European Super Cup, Community Shield, FIFA World Club Cup, League Cup, FA Cup, Premiership and the Champions League! 

In the dressing room before the Champions League Final I asked only one more thing of the guys before they took to the field.

"Here we are gentlemen, 90 minutes away from the unthinkable.  90 minutes away from silencing the remaining critics, 90 minutes away from folklore. That's it gentlemen 90 minutes away from perfection! That's what I ask of you tonight.  You make sure that when you look into each others eyes at the end of this game that you do so with a clear conscience.  You look each other in the eye knowing that you did everything you could have done, there wasn't one more thing you could have done for your brothers!  You make sure you leave nothing in reserve, you understand?  You run with them, you stay with them and you shut them down!  You make sure that you win your battle knowing that the man next to you will win his!  If you do this gentlemen then you're perfect!".

As for Arthur Keita, well having made it crystal clear to him what he had to do to stay, he did improve.  I will leave it up to you guys to decide if he did enough?!

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Can't believe Keita is underperforming for so many seasons having those exceptional attributes. Unless you're playing him as a Trequartista which are super inconsistent. What role do you give him?