Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Defensive teams are ridiculously powerful

Is it just me or are teams that play defensive, counter attack and men behind the ball just broken in this game?! I'm considering starting a 1KC career and been testing formations, the one I've used in the game below works as this is the fourth different team I've tested with it, yet no matter how many CCC's, shots on target I have defensive teams just seem to be insanely good at defending! How is anyone supposed to enjoy the game when every team is playing defensive football and it seem impossible to score past!

IMG_0148.thumb.PNG.e3d0710534457b74b60cc1983d0e69b8.PNG

Any advice is appreciated as this is so consistent and it's putting me off playing this game! 

Thanks.

Yeah, this happens to me when I am the better team quality-wise, imo I would change up instructions so that if they go defensive both flanks i go through centre and change formation so there are cam, cms. ik some people dont really change formation but check from time to time their tactics etc.

Instead of creating a tactic which creates a lot of bad chances, create a tactic which creates fewer clearer chances from which you're team is likely to score.

I find a slower build up and a poacher losing his marker are a good combination against these teams. It sort of counters their defensive set up by passing through the lesser players and bypasses the men behind the ball by playing off the shoulder of the defender. Also a balanced mentality can help you struggle less with the counter.

I'm Celtic, 20 shots, 15 on target, 3 goals

Dundee 4 shots, 3 on target, 3 goals

OME by the way

I don't even know if I want to continue playing!?

IMG_0158.thumb.PNG.9c7bbc603369ef5306e223e93960abf7.PNG

14 hours ago, Lewis11196 said:

Any advice is appreciated as this is so consistent and it's putting me off playing this game! 

Don't be.

It really is not that unusual tbf. It's attacking play Vs defensive play. So it makes perfect sense that you're facing a crowd in front of their goal so you'll need more chances to score goals. They on the other hand hope to exploit the space on your end of the pitch by playing a counter game so fewer chances needed there to score.

If you have a good versatile sub bench try playing IFs/Ws on flanks and alternate player roles -swap/sub- if no results. Different opponents are susceptible to one or the other and it's an easy enough way without having to "waste" time analyzing opponents.

Don't let the game get to ya, finding the right formula can be fun.

Also, make sure you have quick defenders. If you're attacking constantly you'll have a high back line and if their attackers are quick (which they usually will be playing that way) slow defenders are a liability. I find playing 2 fast CBs and a quick Sweeper Keeper can stop most of their counter attacks, although you're still going to get hit sometimes.

From a goal scoring perspective, strong and aerial strikers can be useful as there's not a lot of space to run in behind and use Pace. AP/IFs with high shooting stats can be useful as they will both try long shots but this will be frustrating as some games they'll score 8 and some they'll do a passable imitation of Stevie Wonder.

If you want an RL example of why this isn't the game being stupid try watching Liverpool in any game against an organised defensive team this season. They dominate possession but struggle to make clear chances and often look really leaky to counter attacks, when they do tend to score it's been from 20 yard shots or moments of brilliance to move through the defence or mistakes from the defence. 

@Idol you're right, pace is particularly effective for defenders and forwards.

Another attribute that seems more important than ever is 'decisions'. - if a player's timing is right he knows what to do and when to do it. I hope I have time next month to confirm my thoughts.

I usually just mimic their style. Play defensive with counterattacking so they come to my half with their defense far up-field to defend properly. Gives your attackers more operating space.

This has been especially good for me if I'm the better side with the other team playing WWII bunker.

10 hours ago, drobizzle said:

I usually just mimic their style. Play defensive with counterattacking so they come to my half with their defense far up-field to defend properly. Gives your attackers more operating space.

This has been especially good for me if I'm the better side with the other team playing WWII bunker.

I've never looked at it this way.  Nice idea.  I'll have to give it a shot when I'm in a position to do so.

On 5/6/2017 at 10:28, Granit Xhaxa said:

Instead of creating a tactic which creates a lot of bad chances, create a tactic which creates fewer clearer chances from which you're team is likely to score.

You make it sound so easy!