Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career It's A G'Day For A 1KC In Wales!

Ashez

25 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

Such a shame about the injury! Easily would have passed 100 otherwise, Brobbel and Fernandes are unreal!! KIU

Fernandes is awesome to use, one my favourite players on 2017 now for sure! 

11 minutes ago, Paul186 said:

Unlucky mate, I'm certain he will recover in time to rip it up next season

Let's hope so!

10 minutes ago, samhardy said:

"I have no image so I'll have to assume I sold no one this season"

A couple of lines above is the image of the transfers out :P

Interesting season.

Obviously a ploy to see who opens the spoilers......Yeah I have no idea what I was thinking either haha. 

What a season! Shame about that draw, surely a perfect season's in the making at some point. Tough luck with that injury but Fernandes, wow, talking about a side-kick. They don't come better than that. Be careful he doesn't take Collard's limelight :)

Great year mate, that injury makes his stats difficult to look at but I'm sure you have a special regime that'll get him back up to shape! Dominant as always and a good total! 

Just caught up mate and fantastic job, I love the concept and hope he make the 1KC. I know you like a challenge but you could've loaded up Australia to get better players. Great Job and KIU

4 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

What a season! Shame about that draw, surely a perfect season's in the making at some point. Tough luck with that injury but Fernandes, wow, talking about a side-kick. They don't come better than that. Be careful he doesn't take Collard's limelight :)

A perfect season is a career target so hopefully we achieve it at some point :). 

Not gunna lie I am slightly more attached to Fernandes than Collard at this point :P

1 hour ago, mcandrew003 said:

Great year mate, that injury makes his stats difficult to look at but I'm sure you have a special regime that'll get him back up to shape! Dominant as always and a good total! 

Hopefully he bounces back, you'll soon find out! 

43 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Just caught up mate and fantastic job, I love the concept and hope he make the 1KC. I know you like a challenge but you could've loaded up Australia to get better players. Great Job and KIU

Tbh I loaded almost every league combo and went through and tried to sign any promising kids I could, by the time I found Collard I think I was just ready to start lol. I needed Portugal to have him but I didn't check Oz thinking about it, potentially could have saved myself a headache (while potentially gaining another one, I'll explain below). When I started the save I didn't think ITN would be an issue, I didn't even think about it to be honest haha. He's half Portuguese so I'm Portuguese in the hope I'd have got to him first but that was the most I thought about ITN. 

The main reasons I loaded the leagues I did was incase I had to move in which Oz wouldn't have been an option really. 

Wales - Starting point

Poland - A decent step up but not massive 

Portugal - A bigger step up 

England - Mainly for players etc. 

I had no idea how much he'd develop so I wanted the security of "small jumps" if he turned into a beast or anything. Especially as I've never played in Wales before so I didn't know how I'd cope with wages and stuff like that. 

11 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Fair enough, with many players in Australia they need a work permit so you probably made the right choice. 

Isn't it less games too? Not managed in Oz for a long time to be honest. 

9 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Isn't it less games too? Not managed in Oz for a long time to be honest. 

Oh yeah, Australia only has 27 games in regular season and a max of 3 games in finals series. I was just referring to getting an Aussie form Australia to Wales in the first place. Plus the best strikers in the league aren't Aussie. The top A League goal scorer is an Albanian so it shows the (lack of) Aussie strikers we have in the league 

50 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Oh yeah, Australia only has 27 games in regular season and a max of 3 games in finals series. I was just referring to getting an Aussie form Australia to Wales in the first place. Plus the best strikers in the league aren't Aussie. The top A League goal scorer is an Albanian so it shows the (lack of) Aussie strikers we have in the league 

Thought so. 

Interesting, sounds like there's some challenge potential in that comment somewhere lol. 

41 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Thought so. 

Interesting, sounds like there's some challenge potential in that comment somewhere lol. 

Dare I attempt a 1k in Australia?!?!

33 minutes ago, kts365 said:

Dare I attempt a 1k in Australia?!?!

I haven't messed around with that idea in years. From memory I never had much luck in scoring enough but a lot's changed since then. It could be worth testing for sure, especially as it's you :) 

5 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I haven't messed around with that idea in years. From memory I never had much luck in scoring enough but a lot's changed since then. It could be worth testing for sure, especially as it's you :) 

I'll probably give it a try but that's almost 2 goals a game for 20 years haha

13 minutes ago, kts365 said:

I'll probably give it a try but that's almost 2 goals a game for 20 years haha

Indeed! There is a reason it's never considered lol. Never mind having to keep hold of a striker good enough! 

14 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Indeed! There is a reason it's never considered lol. Never mind having to keep hold of a striker good enough! 

The best bet oddly might be a grey player. I found in my Annan save that offers rarely come in for them no matter how well they do

2 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Super Besart Berisha! Love him :D

13 minutes ago, kts365 said:

The best bet oddly might be a grey player. I found in my Annan save that offers rarely come in for them no matter how well they do

Now that is an amazing loophole in the player not wanting ludicrous wages or wanting to move constantly in lower nations! 

12 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

Super Besart Berisha! Love him :D

Just been looking. He stood out haha

added 0 minutes later
12 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

Now that is an amazing loophole in the player not wanting ludicrous wages or wanting to move constantly in lower nations! 

Some still do but it's mostly been the goof regens

Very smart indeed, not my cup of tea but incredibly smart thinking. Don't think I've ever used a grey player so I I had no idea about that. 

7 hours ago, Real_Random said:

If you really want a 1KC in Australia your best bet is to use Tim Cahill's Regen because he is easily Australia's best striker

For now! Just give Collard some time :P 

Always liked Tim Cahill tbh

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

For now! Just give Collard some time :P 

Always liked Tim Cahill tbh

A side challenge perhaps? See how well an Ai can manage collard and if he can break Cahill's record. 

3 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

A side challenge perhaps? See how well an Ai can manage collard and if he can break Cahill's record. 

That's something we can keep in mind for sure :D 

4 hours ago, PriZe said:

This is what you have been doing while i was away???? Oh my...:S

In a good way or a bad way? I also did the Lower League Rogue career ;) 

Sorry for the lack of activity lads, my unexpected venture into the CC has left me strapped for time. Ideally I want to play another season before I update but we'll see :) 

@Ashez I'm sorry dude, only just caught up with this, great going so far, shame about the injury, but I can tell you from my UK challenge experience scoring 47 in Wales is no easy task, but getting two consecutive 45 goal seasons is great going.

I'm sure when he comes back he'll be fighting harder than ever

Spoiler

Although he is an Aussie like @Real_Random and we all know how useless they can be :P

4 hours ago, Ashez said:

In a good way or a bad way? I also did the Lower League Rogue career ;) 

Sorry for the lack of activity lads, my unexpected venture into the CC has left me strapped for time. Ideally I want to play another season before I update but we'll see :) 

No worries lads, that unexpected venture into the CC won't take long. Expect an update upcoming Wednesday