Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Challenge Cup XI

5 minutes ago, PriZe said:

I'm the current King and i do what i want.

Unfortunately naming your successor isn't part of your responsibilities. Giving the crown a good polish and returning it in perfect condition is :P

5 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Besides we all know that @samhardy is going to be the next CC king :P

The FMM Gods and I disagree :D

If @PriZe really wants a bronze medal then I'll give a 3rd place playoff a go.  Don't mind if it's the same challenge as the finalists to save @Ashez the headache

or how about something where @BatiGoal picks my formation and @samhardy picks my squad and vice Versa with you and then we just battle it out in the same devision or something simple like that with a few CC twists thrown in

5 minutes ago, Taff said:

If @PriZe really wants a bronze medal then I'll give a 3rd place playoff a go.  Don't mind if it's the same challenge as the finalists to save @Ashez the headache

or how about something where @BatiGoal picks my formation and @samhardy picks my squad and vice Versa with you and then we just battle it out in the same devision or something simple like that with a few CC twists thrown in

Nah mate, don't want to expose you too more brutal challenges! 

5 minutes ago, samhardy said:

I was joking when I said a delay of weeks :P

It'd better be this month cause I'll be hitting South Europe in October ;)

Challenge will be up tomorrow lads. Sorry about the delay I just had some issues finding something interesting but I have a solid concept in mind now. Annoyingly the extra element I needed which my original concept was missing was so obvious and simple it didn't come to mind haha. 

1 hour ago, Taff said:

I can't wait to see @samhardy and @BatiGoal burst into tears when they see the horror show in store for them ?

You might need to drag back those expectations :P. While the challenge does come with a degree of difficulty I've instead decided to go a different route. I'm intending to give both managers multiple choices and some tough decisions to make, whoever thinks the wisest will be the one more likely to win. The way to play the challenge I'll be presenting could even be limitless. 

While i don't want to big the challenge up too much I think it has a nice balance and it's one that I think would appeal to most of us. I think it'll catch the imagination of both Sam and Bati while giving them an unique experience. 

While we want a killer challenge I'm sure in your heart you wouldn't want the final to end with two luck dependant sackings. It's a risk we always take when creating on the spot challenges and IMO it is part and parcel of the cup but in truth we'd all have rathered the last challenge worked out better haha. 

6 minutes ago, PriZe said:

Ey @Ashez you wuss! Me and @Taff want to see blood, crushed dreams, nightmares and all that stuff in the final! Not an easy choice. BRUTAL is what the public wants!!! ;)

Oh you will, mate. You will ;)

Challenge Cup XI

The Final

BatiGoal vs Samhardy

A Celebration Of Vibe

The previous few weeks have all built up to this moment as the final of Challenge Cup XI is upon us and I have the honour of hosting! In this final we'll see my hosting partner Samhardy face off against BatiGoal in a final I've constructed to celebrate this fantastic site we all love. 

The Challenge Cup has historically been the social event of the year on Vibe and this year has been no exception as we've seen plenty of drama and frustration but most importantly we've seen success! After a demoralising Semi Final challenge Sam and BatiGoal managed to over come their opposition to set up this title fight!

This is BatiGoal's first Challenge Cup final but he's an experienced player of the game and no stranger to pressure based challenges while Samhardy has been involved in two previous finals losing both! Will this be third time lucky for Sam or will the Dutchman dominate the final and claim the trophy on his first time of asking? Before we find out I best reveal the challenge! 

The Final Challenge

When it comes to assessing Vibe and looking at why it's so successful one thing that always stands out to me is the amount of different nationalities and cultures we've brought together. This game of dots and stats has brought together the entire world as we have vital members from Europe, both America's, Africa and Asia which is some achievement in my opinion, after all football is the game of the people. When looking at this vast array of nationalities the site has collected together it was only natural I'd look to use it and thankfully my Nation-Locke challenge fits perfectly! 

The Nation-Locke challenge is one where you have to pair up two players of the same nationality and this pair can only play together. The pairing process depends on nationality and their position on the field as pairs have to be paired in a logical manor (GK+GK, CB+CB, RB+RCB, LB+RB etc). 

This challenge can be as hard or difficult as you make it depending on the nationalities you pick to use, however I've decided to take this decision away as you'll only be able to use nationalities which Vibe has reasons to celebrate! (Based on Hall Of Fame)

The Available Nationalities

England

Scotland

Holland

Brazil

Wales

Belgium 

Portugal

Canada

USA

Australia

France 

Republic Of Ireland

This list of twelve nations all have strong ties to Vibe and it's content creators and it will leave you with a base squad of twenty four players plus a wildcard pairing and any extra pairs you pick up. 

Original Challenge As A Reference 

The Wildcard Bonus

AndersJ maybe disappointed to see Denmark not represented on my list of nations and that's for good reason! The bonus of this round will be Denmark's own Lasse Vibe! I've checked the previous Denmark challenge BatiGoal played and Vibe wasn't used thankfully! Vibe is a striker come winger so his partner will also be one of those roles but only Vibe will receive bonus points. The dilemma this leaves our players with is do they run with the bonus player and his partner or do they ignore him going for better players! This challenge is all about tough decision and personality! 

60b1yKr.jpg

Points System

1. League Points 

2. +/- Goal difference 

3. Two points per cup round passed

4. Vibe will receive 1 bonus point per goal and 2 bonus points per assist 

The Rules

1. The pairs have to share a nationality.

2. You have to pair your players by logical positions. No CB+ST pairings etc. 

3 Both players in the pair have to be on the pitch at the same time. You don't have to substitute both though. 

4. If you have no pairs available for a match you will be forced to play a non-pair. 

5. Up to two pairs per nationality mentioned can be signed. If your RB/LB combo is English for example you can sign two sets of English fullbacks as back up but they must be paired. 

6. All your usual CC rules. 

7. Refer to the original challenge thread. Any questions just ask as I know this is a confusing challenge. 

Evidence Required

1. Manager Profile

2. League table

3. Evidence of cup progress

4. Nationality view of squad

5. Lasse Vibe's results

The Club 

When it came to deciding on a club I ran into some issues in finding one that connects to Vibe while adding to the challenge. My first cheesy option was heading to France to take charge of Nice as Vibe is a nice place however with England (All) needed to be loaded for the wildcard this wasn't a practical option. Manchester United are the most supported side on the site but their money and power would take away the difficulty of the challenge so I had to keep thinking. One small connector I was holding onto was the animal persona's so many members here have as Vibe has members who believe they're squirrels, bunnies, bears and even a few snakes. Once I decided on the animal connecter and the base of this challenge the decision was made easy! 

1200px-Watford.svg.png

That's right you'll be managing the Hornet's! 

The Deadline

September 20th 11.59 PM. 

Good luck to both our finalists! I hope you like the challenge :).

That's a good looking final challenge there, and I think it's great as now we get to see who the real top manager is

come on @BatiGoal you've got this

sorry @samhardy but those two earlier challenges will haunt my dreams for years and you had a hand in it all

20 minutes ago, Taff said:

That's a good looking final challenge there, and I think it's great as now we get to see who the real top manager is

come on @BatiGoal you've got this

sorry @samhardy but those two earlier challenges will haunt my dreams for years and you had a hand in it all

Shocked mate... i expected your avatar breathing fire here:laugh:

In all fairness good luck @BatiGoal and @samhardy. Interested to see how you guys are going to battle eachother and with Taff included i couldn't think off any more deserving Vibe members to hand the crown of the CC too. 

Oh God, I foresee hours and hours of pre-season work again :laugh: great-looking challenge @Ashez I'm feeling this one ;)

Thanks for the support everyone and @samhardy or Sam Hardy, whatever your preference :P, see you at the finishline!

Going to be tough pulling this off with Watford, definitely harder than it looks.

Clarification.. pairings must cover the same strata (GK-Def-Mid-For), correct? 

7 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Going to be tough pulling this off with Watford, definitely harder than it looks.

Clarification.. pairings must cover the same strata (GK-Def-Mid-For), correct? 

As long as the pairings are logical and close together I'll accept them. Staying on the same line is the safest route to take for sure. For example a RB and AMR partnership would be pushing it way more than I'd like as the RB would be better paired with a CB or LB while a AMR would be better paired with a CM, AML or striker etc. 

35 minutes ago, Ashez said:

As long as the pairings are logical and close together I'll accept them. Staying on the same line is the safest route to take for sure. For example a RB and AMR partnership would be pushing it way more than I'd like as the RB would be better paired with a CB or LB while a AMR would be better paired with a CM, AML or striker etc. 

Thanks. Crystal clear, definitely a big chunk nastier than it looks but I'm ready to give Hardy a solid run for his money :)

32 minutes ago, PriZe said:

So who is the Moose of Vibe?

Care to make a prediction? :)