Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Challenge Cup XI

All the challenges have been group efforts tbf, usually one of us pitches an idea and the other improves it :P. Sam did pitch the reserves challenge though ;)

6 minutes ago, Risheek said:

Oh god... When's it coming out by the way?

Probably Tuesday, we'll give the semi finalists a couple of days to recharge the batteries ;) The draw will be tomorrow.

I imagine @Taffwalks around with a folder in a rucksack full of pictures he randomly pulls out in every day conversation! Words just aren't enough for this lad! 

4 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I imagine @Taffwalks around with a folder in a rucksack full of pictures he randomly pulls out in every day conversation! Words just aren't enough for this lad! 

I'm a man of few words, but a thousand gifs

31 minutes ago, Ashez said:

You know if you are nice he has a dirty section as well:laugh:

Challenge Cup XI

The Quarter Finals!

The Results Show!

The date is September the third and on this fateful day in 2017 FMMVibe has the honour of announcing who's made the Challenge Cup XI semi finals! Getting this far should fill you with enough pride to light a room but being named as one of the top four players on the site is an achievement most people can only dream of achieving. Before we make the top eight a top four why don't we quickly recap the quarter final challenge. 

The Top Eight.

BatiGoal Vs Damilare

PriZe* Vs Risheek

Taff Vs Anfieldsquirrel

Samhardy Vs Real_Random 

The Quarter Final Challenge.

Challenge Recap.

Spoiler

You'll be assigned a starting club and a nation, once this is known you must sell and demote any player not of this nationality from your squad and replace them with players of said nationality. Only players from your given nationality are allowed to play for you. 

Points.

League points

+/- League goal difference

2 points per cup round passed

Bonus Points.

You are allowed one wildcard signing, this wildcard signing is a player you can sign of any nationality but he must be brought into the club during the summer. You'll earn one point per goal and two points per assist from this player. 

The Club & Nation Draw.

BatiGoal Vs Damilare - FCP + Denmark

PriZe Vs Risheek - Sporting + Sweden

Taff Vs Anfieldsquirrel - Ajax + Austria

Samhardy Vs Real_Random - PSV + Serbia

Not a challenge for the easily scared but one not as intensive as the one in the previous round. To be good at FMM you need to understand the market and how to abuse it to your needs but who out of our top eight managers got those major signatures and who's pen ran out of ink? Let's find out! 

The Results

PriZe* Vs Risheek

We'll start by looking at our reigning champion PriZe as he faced off against Risheek in the great Swedish battle of Sporting Lisbon. Risheek headed into this round as the clear underdog but could he spring a surprise? He has been fairly confident with his comments so maybe the surprise is on!?

Prize 237 Vs Risheek 174

Unfortunately not as PriZe romps away with this round with a commanding sixty three point lead! This round was won mainly via our league points system as PriZe picked up an impressive 30+ point lead from here alone while his choice of Berardi as his wildcard really sealed the deal. Risheek aimed to abuse the double points for assists by selecting a natural winger in the Turkish international Tore, but he didn't deliver enough as his 15 goals and 22 assists couldn't compete with Berardi who got 43 goals and 22 assists. 

Semi Finalist One: PriZe

Taff Vs Anfieldsquirrel

So a Welshman and a Scotsman walk into a bar.....Hmm I'm sure there is a joke here somewhere with the punchline being PSG. The leaderboard King taking on Vibe's favourite rodent promised to be an epic encounter and using all of his showman skills Anfieldsquirrel made us wait to see how he did.....Unfortunately he failed to meet the deadline so Taff is our second semi finalist. 

Taff 252 Vs Anfieldsquirrel 0

After such a dominating display it would be rude to not touch upon Taff's season which saw him walk the league and select Luuk de Jong as his wildcard. The Dutchman didn't disappoint scoring 37 goals while setting up his teammates 22 times! Taff ended up taking this round but I doubt Anfieldsquirrel could have threatened our favourite Welshman if I'm honest. 

Semi Finalist Two: Taff

Samhardy Vs Real_Random

Our third quarter final sees the gobby host take on the silent assassin in a rematch of a previous Challenge Cup semi final! Two drastically different personalities but the only question we care about is who got the most out of their Serbian players at the Dutch club PSV?

Samhardy 259 Vs Real_Random 204

Sam once again put his money where his mouth is as he strolls to a convincing win against our Wizard of Oz. Real_Random had an impressive run taking his side to the Champions League final but he ultimately lost this round due to his wild card. Alario scored an astonishing 48 in 48 but he was lacking any real assists (6) to take advantage of the bonus points on offer. Sam's wild card Wilson Eduardo scored 43 in 44 but also picked up 18 assists and when these were added to his ridiculous goal difference for the season the win was never in doubt. 

Semi Finalist Three: Samhardy

BatiGoal Vs Damilare 

The hook of any knockout competition is the potential of an upset and Damilare has came from nowhere to challenge Vibe's elite! Now it's a real test of his character as he comes up against a legend of the FMM scene in BatiGoal. Bati was a clear favourite to win the tournament while Damilare is the plunky underdog that grabbed the nations heart as he progressed through the early rounds. We can only have one winner but who came out on top in the Danish battle of FC Porto?

BatiGoal 230 Vs Damilare 211  

The tightest round of the lot as BatiGoal just squeaks past Damilare! Damilare had the least Challenge Cup experience going in but this didn't show as he used his wildcard perfectly as the Argentinian Pratto scored 40 goals while producing an amazing 21 assists to really take advantage of the bonus points! BatiGoal picked with his heart going for John Guidetti who scored 58 in 50 but he only got 5 assists. Damilare won the battle of the wildcard with ease but his league form unfortunately cost him as he suffered too many draws resulting in a second place finish. This tie was intense! 

Semi Finalist Four: BatiGoal

The Semi Finalists

PriZe*

Taff

Samhardy

BatiGoal 

The top four is secure and it's complied of the pre match favourites so let's hope we have plenty of twists and turns ahead! In two challenges time we'll be crowning our Challenge Cup XI Champion so there is plenty left to play for! Goodbye and well played to Damilare, Real_Random, Risheek and Anfieldsquirrel.

That ends my turn as host as I pass it back to Sam. Stay glued to this thread for everything we have planned in the coming days! 

10 hours ago, Risheek said:

@PriZe who? Never heard of him :P 

Let me remind you, i'm the one who eradicated you... :P

@samhardy impressive as always! @Real_Random unfortunate m8. Better luck next time!

@Taff congrats m8! You may release @anfieldsquirrel Now. Don't think you needed to lock him up with that score though ;)

@BatiGoal where is the A-game? Close one there mate ;) congrats for making it to the semi's and well done @Damilare a real title challenger for the next edition of the CC!

Scrolling down and seeing my tie mentioned last got me worried that kid whose phone I unsuccessfully attempted to sabotage would cause the upset of the century. Patting my own shoulder here :)

Next time I shall revert to Taff's Welsh poof-show making adversaries disappear. Much more effective, so be warned.

Well, an injury to my Wildcard cost me between 25 and 1000 points  (hey!! you don't know, do you) but in the end I earned enough to see me through. Well played Dami, was indeed an entertaining battle as we predicted. I expect to see an even stronger version of you in the next CC.

Congrats to the other three and can't wait to face my next victim :)

2 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Scrolling down and seeing my tie mentioned last got me worried that kid whose phone I unsuccessfully attempted to sabotage would cause the upset of the century. Patting my own shoulder here :)

Next time I shall revert to Taff's Welsh poof-show making adversaries disappear. Much more effective, so be warned.

Well, an injury to my Wildcard cost me between 25 and 1000 points  (hey!! you don't know, do you) but in the end I earned enough to see me through. Well played Dami, was indeed an entertaining battle as we predicted. I expect to see an even stronger version of you in the next CC.

Congrats to the other three and can't wait to face my next victim :)

Congratulations,really enjoyed the challenge against you...As an underdog,and being my first CC,i made it to the quarter finals.....The next CC should expect me in the finals which am going to win:D.......Bati, I support you in Winning this CC XI

26 minutes ago, Damilare said:

Congratulations,really enjoyed the challenge against you...As an underdog,and being my first CC,i made it to the quarter finals.....The next CC should expect me in the finals which am going to win:D.......Bati, I support you in Winning this CC XI

Thanks, mate. You lost to the future CC champ. Definitely no shame in that.

I kind of have mixed feelings now, I'm more than happy with my score, and de Jong was a beast as always, @BatiGoal will be happy to see that I'm sure

but feel kind of bad that something's come up to prevent the @anfieldsquirrel from getting his results in, kind of a hollow victory. 

But I am incredibly honoured to make the semifinals to face (let's be fair here) 3 of the best vibe managers of the era.

I'm absolutely dreading the draw as I really don't fancy taking any of them on

a huge congrats to @Real_Random (cheers for the support dude) as always a great competitor.  @Risheek you put up some big talk, but also put up some great performances (but I did warn you about the OKP) and @Damilare for coming out of nowhere to make the quarterfinals great job dude

to my other three semifinalists "Bring it on"

Spoiler

PLEASE DON'T HURT ME

IMG_5162.GIF.9f5c8ca376c64f5eafa989b76c8cf586.GIF

Finally another huge thanks to @Ashez for another fantastic write up and I'm now very very afraid for this ridiculous semi final you and the devil @samhardy have cooked up

Just now, Risheek said:

The big talk was for two different outcomes:

1) If I somehow managed to get thru, I could become a favourite

2) If I didn't get thru(very likely), Prize would seem like an actual contender :P 

With that said, my money is on u @Taff :) 

Cheers dude put I wouldn't waste the money as much as @PriZe and @BatiGoal will hate me for saying this (sorry guys) but I'm putting my money with the Devil @samhardy to claim the CC title, he's good at trash talk but he's backed it up all the way 

2 hours ago, PriZe said:

i love the love for the underdogs:laugh: hello second CC win here i come. Gloves are off ladies...

Remember Prize no one has ever won two CC's and I think your fellow semi finalists want to keep it that way

8 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Remember Prize no one has ever won two CC's and I think your fellow semi finalists want to keep it that way

@BatiGoal and @samhardy will have something to say about it, me I'm just going to say whoever wins...It won't be me so go for it guys

Oh and you'll all be pleased to know I finally let the rodent out of his cage

59abc8b87ffce_download(1).jpg.079cf2014574f382095c72d0a3e1afe8.jpg

6 minutes ago, Taff said:

@BatiGoal and @samhardy will have something to say about it, me I'm just going to say whoever wins...It won't be me so go for it guys

Don't even think about playing the underdog card at this stage, my friend, not falling for it ;) you've got as chance as anybody. Well except @PriZe tbf, he's got literally no chance of winning.

28 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

No one has ever won two consecutive CC's I think you mean ;)

The draw has been conducted, it's interesting... Wait wouldn't all match ups be interesting at this stage!