Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM Transfer Straregies

Jwill11

With all the transfers that have happened already, I've been wondering what strategies people in the FMM community do during the transfer window in their saves. For me, I try to get the best affordable player to replace my weakest link that fits the roles in my formation. Some times if the entire squad needs to be rebuilt then I'll spend on cheaper players that can improve the squad. If I feel my squad is already good enough then I would look toward the future and sign some promising youth.

Generally look I to keep my squad evolving, normally that means a minimum of 3 out and then 3 improvements in, but if I am getting promoted or if I were to be relegated (which I never have, the game is too easy in that sense) ,then the number of ins and outs will be greater. For promotions I normally look to bring in 5-8 new faces. Any spare money I have normally goes on youngsters who will immediately be loaned back out and then after a couple more loan spells I will make a space in the team for them or sell them on for a tidy profit (like Chelsea).

Rarely, if I already have a good team that is fairly young and doesn't really need improving on, I will just let it be and watch it evolve over time. There is something very satisfying about signing a player as a youngster and having him as an integral player right through to his retirement. If I adopt this sort of approach to my squad, I tend to do the buying and selling on for profit in the background, just to give me something to do in the off season :laugh:

6 minutes ago, gazroid27 said:

I like to spunk the lot on 1 player ? 

I've done that recently signing Jonathan Tah spending all my transfer budget on him. All he did was complain about the training and wanted to leave so I sold him to Man City for 116 mil. Used the money to get Depay and Franck Kessie who are both key players in my saves.

I spent the budget for some particular players over a variety of saves. Be it managing some random wee little club or football giants.

Two favorites of mine is Juan Cazares and Khune

I walkways have to have at least 2+3 signings, will often sell players over 28 each season and replace with fresher legs, that way I don't have to worrry about not being to sell a 30 year old players whose stats are awful.

Excellent discussion topic by the way :D

Like you @Jwill11 I look at my weakest starters and try to find replacements for those. I try to get my transfer dealings done in summer tho, I rarely venture in winter market unless absolutely necessary.

I also try to look at each line (def,mid,for) and keep it balanced in terms of age, nice mix of young and old.

Personally for weaker teams, I start of with a large amount of fresh new cheap players who can improve the team. Then maybe spend my entire budget on 1-2 solid players.

For stronger teams, I focus on the players they already have, add in key weaker positions and maybe find younger players to compete for each position as well.

On 8/4/2017 at 01:28, BatiGoal said:

I try to get my transfer dealings done in summer tho, I rarely venture in winter market unless absolutely necessary.

I was coming into this thread to ask "should I blow a big chunk of my budget savings to buy a slight upgrade in the winter if the team is meeting my expectations".  I was 50-50 on it but I'm going to lean to the safe side and bank my funds.

10 hours ago, veerus said:

I was coming into this thread to ask "should I blow a big chunk of my budget savings to buy a slight upgrade in the winter if the team is meeting my expectations".  I was 50-50 on it but I'm going to lean to the safe side and bank my funds.

Am I wrong in thinking that any budget not spent by the end of a season is just wasted anyway?

If you have 50m at the start of a season and don't spend a penny of it, it doesn't get added to next seasons budget, in fact I've gone into the next season with a smaller budget sometimes.

thats why i always try to spend nearly all of it, if I can't improve the first team I'll spend it all on young players. 

only reason I try to save some after January is incase any player wants an improved contract before the end of the season.

3 hours ago, gazroid27 said:

Am I wrong in thinking that any budget not spent by the end of a season is just wasted anyway?

If you have 50m at the start of a season and don't spend a penny of it, it doesn't get added to next seasons budget, in fact I've gone into the next season with a smaller budget sometimes.

You have to convert your entire remaining budget to wages at the end of the year. That way it'll roll over. It's very counter-intuitive but at least there's a way which rewards smart transfer dealings.