Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Taiwo Awoniyi does the 1kc.(COMPLETED)..almost!!

Woody

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

You've done a great job to get close to this being possible after what it was looking like a few seasons ago! Going to be tight now, good luck, hope for no retirement. Hopefully you'll be able to get him to reconsider a couple of times :)

Im surprised we have managed to get this many...int'l management really helps.

1 hour ago, FuddledFox said:

This is going to be really close. I hope he makes the 1K as you really deserve it.

Thanks dude...i really hope so. 

It is going to be very close.

Just caught up since my last read in here and you've done an amazing job to get this far. The finishline is just around the corner, hang in there!!

50 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Just caught up since my last read in here and you've done an amazing job to get this far. The finishline is just around the corner, hang in there!!

I have to admit mate i had totally lost any hope of reaching it, but he has been so prolific at int'l level that its made it possible again.

I feel its abit of a cop out though as alot of the 1k's on here have achieved it thru league goals, but hey i will take if for now.

20 minutes ago, salohcin said:

Whatever the end result, just know you have already done a great job given the circumstances. So KIU!

Cheers bro. Much appreciated. ?

Wow this has really progressed! Massive achievement to get within touching distance after everything you've had to put up with! I really hope you cross the line mate, best of luck! 

Going down to the wire!! Great effort mate, keep going, you'll get a few more seasons out of him at least and although the goals will start drying, he can probably crawl across the finish line! Either way, it's a great effort - but keep going!

Edited by scratch99
On 05/11/2017 at 00:38, Ashez said:

Wow this has really progressed! Massive achievement to get within touching distance after everything you've had to put up with! I really hope you cross the line mate, best of luck! 

Cheers bud. Its been one hell of a career!

15 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Going down to the wire!! Great effort mate, keep going, you'll get a few more seasons out of him at least and although the goals will start drying, he can probably crawl across the finish line! Either way, it's a great effort - but keep going!

He is as slow as hell now and sometimes doesnt even last 50 or 60 mins, but he has been through the ringer and come out the other side.

Update monday night ?

2 hours ago, Chris Woodward said:

He is as slow as hell now and sometimes doesnt even last 50 or 60 mins, but he has been through the ringer and come out the other side.

Update monday night ?

I'm sure you can squeeze a few more goals out of him! Armstrong looked like this before I let him retire:

armstrong-season22-32.png

Got 18 goals in that last season. More than half were penalties though and it was the hardest season ever to play! Hope you can get enough out of Awoniyi to get to 1K!! :D

3 hours ago, scratch99 said:

I'm sure you can squeeze a few more goals out of him! Armstrong looked like this before I let him retire:

armstrong-season22-32.png

Got 18 goals in that last season. More than half were penalties though and it was the hardest season ever to play! Hope you can get enough out of Awoniyi to get to 1K!! :D

Ha ha those reds man!! Taiwo's stamina has just hit a nice red 4....his pace and strength are just about hanging in there on low greens.

Hopefully he will go a few more season like the 'great Armstrong'

Hi everyone.

Just want to shout out to @Ashez for stopping me from hangin myself today because of this:

Screenshot_2017-11-06-13-44-40.thumb.png.212b8a2f6eb4e6bffea76de8b3091ebc.png

He had just smashed in his 260th goal for Nigeria and his total rest to '0'!!

My heart was hanging out my arse..i kid you not!!

?

We are just about to start the 2035/36 season and i received this message:

Screenshot_2017-11-06-18-57-54.thumb.png.d131cc0e5de49672e21197fa06c5c599.png

I have decide not to ask him to reconsider because he has been to hell and back with all the long term injuries he has had.

I want to show off his accomplishments:

Screenshot_2017-11-06-18-25-42.thumb.png.6a1e22b86366e92c88cb3d38470376f4.png

I think winning World Player of the Year 6 times is pretty damn good!

So as you already know he has scored 260 international goals, he had already scored 16 before i got the job so thats 244 towards his 1k.

So how did he do domestically:

Screenshot_2017-11-06-18-25-05.thumb.png.ee5e3b900d590cbdb01c0ce7ed62f769.png

As you can see 779 considering the injuries is pretty good. 

He had already got a single goal before i signed him so thats 778 goals towards his 1k.

Giving him a total of:    1022 goals!!

I am so pleased i carried on till the end, it was touch and go at times.

Its been so emotional(good god) through it all and i have to thank everyone who has offered support through out.

Thanks again to @samhardy as without your small but significant input this would never have got off the ground.

Thanks to vibe and all that contribute for making it a great place to hang out.

Thanks for sticking with it, heres to FMM2018!!

Just now, FuddledFox said:

HUGE WELL DONE (y):celebrate:.

Awonyi has sure put you through the wringer with this save but he got you there in the end.

You deserve a :medal: and a :trophy: for this career.

Thanks bud, its been brilliant and sometimes felt like it was going on forever lol.

Im hoping he smashes a few more in before he retires.

He will forever be a legend.

1 minute ago, samhardy said:

He's done it! Unbelievable stuff. Just shows that you never give up in this game as look what can happen! Big congrats mate :)

Thanks man! Just shows what a Geordie and a Mackem can achieve also lol 

Building bridges mate, building bridges!

Speachless mate! I have no idea how he hobbled over the line but you got him there in the end! Massive congratulation! What a way to see off 2017!! 

4 hours ago, Ashez said:

Speachless mate! I have no idea how he hobbled over the line but you got him there in the end! Massive congratulation! What a way to see off 2017!! 

Cheers dude, hobbled is defo right.

2 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Great stuff man! Those INT goals is some feat in itself. The man deserves a rest and so do you. Another 1KC down in '17. Congrats! 

Thanks man, im glad they counted otherwise this would never have happened.

Surprised myself how many he got.

Fantastic work @Chris Woodward dragged his ass over the line and with one of the highest INT tallies I’ve seen

take a well deserved rest before Friday as you’ve proven that you can achieve big things and we’re all expecting more in FMM 18

(no pressure ?)

2 hours ago, Taff said:

Fantastic work @Chris Woodward dragged his ass over the line and with one of the highest INT tallies I’ve seen

take a well deserved rest before Friday as you’ve proven that you can achieve big things and we’re all expecting more in FMM 18

(no pressure ?)

Ha ha i thrive on pressure(he says)!

Thanks mate....its been fun and exausting at the same time.

He has become one of my fave players now, i think it happens with most of us with our chosen players.

31 minutes ago, Chris Woodward said:

Ha ha i thrive on pressure(he says)!

Thanks mate....its been fun and exausting at the same time.

He has become one of my fave players now, i think it happens with most of us with our chosen players.

Oh I’m giving Buitink a big swerve after all the stress he caused me this year ?

congrats again dude

Great stuff mate! Can't describe how happy I am that he made it! Such a close one, lots of entertainment value, heart racing stuff! I'm so glad you persisted, because it was looking a little dark there for a bit. Just goes to show you should never give up! :D

2 hours ago, Taff said:

Oh I’m giving Buitink a big swerve after all the stress he caused me this year ?

congrats again dude

To be honest i dont think i would use him again incase i ruin his legacy.

2 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Great stuff mate! Can't describe how happy I am that he made it! Such a close one, lots of entertainment value, heart racing stuff! I'm so glad you persisted, because it was looking a little dark there for a bit. Just goes to show you should never give up! :D

Cheers dude, im glad i managed to put it across well. It was emotional.

1 hour ago, salohcin said:

Wooohooo great job man! You did it! Congrats on this huge effort!

Thanks bud. I almost chucked it in a few time. The huge injury lay offs nearly put paid to it, but im glad i stuck it out.