Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Scratch Tries: Andrea Pinamonti 1.5KC [Complete]

17 hours ago, Woody said:

Still a great score mate...im dure you'll crack that 100 soon 😉

Nah I think it will be unlikely at the club level as I'm spreading him across club and country games where it makes most sense. I think that means slightly less club goals. And combined he's already done 114 (last season, not this one), which I'm pretty happy about! This is my best striker yet! (though maybe 2018 is slightly easier)

17 hours ago, Nucleus said:

Solid stuff Scratch! Just keep plodding along, I think you can hit around 1300/1400 with him. 1500 is a big ask though!

Hehe, 1.5K is the target now!

I went back and looked at Colidio who finished on 1493 and after 8 seasons he only had 405 goals compared to Pinamonti's 578. Of course he was a couple of years younger, but even if I look at him after 10 seasons (when he was the same age as Pinamonti), he only had 571 (slightly less). 

I think Pinamonti has got this! 😄

16 hours ago, Titjes said:

Doing a great job so far, keep up the good work ;) squeeze out a 1.5k if you can :D

Thanks mate! Definitely going for 1.5K now! 🙂

Just now, scratch99 said:

Hehe, 1.5K is the target now!

I went back and looked at Colidio who finished on 1493 and after 8 seasons he only had 405 goals compared to Pinamonti's 578. Of course he was a couple of years younger, but even if I look at him after 10 seasons (when he was the same age as Pinamonti), he only had 571 (slightly less). 

I think Pinamonti has got this! 😄

Well by that math go for it! Let’s just hope he doesn’t retire out of the blue when he’s stuck on 1499 😉😂 

1 minute ago, Nucleus said:

Well by that math go for it! Let’s just hope he doesn’t retire out of the blue when he’s stuck on 1499 😉😂 

That is the most likely outcome for sure! 😄

I should have counted offside goals, because I reckon he's going to get 1K of them too. 😂

59 minutes ago, Foxy said:

An excellent season again. Shame about that injury as you would have definitely broke 100 goals again but at least you got that elusive champions league😆

Thanks mate. Forgot about the injury - good point. It was only a few games he missed, so wouldn't have matched last season, but would have got across the line for 100. Not that it really matters, but I feel better now! 😄

47 minutes ago, Woody said:

Pina is on fire mate...

Your doing great...kiu 👍

Thanks mate. But it's not down to me, it's down to Mike Ashley who's happy enough for me to have £21M per week for salaries. Couldn't ask for a better owner. Sure, he pockets the incredible amount of sponsorship money we get these days, but he's true to his word about me keeping the proceeds of any transfer dealings... 

Spoiler

wait-what-meme-16.jpg

Update - Season 9

At this stage of a career the goals are simple: 100+ goals (club and country) for Pinamonti and the Champions League. With it being a World Cup season, we'll add that in as a target too.

At this point I can tell you I achieved at least one of these, but I didn't achieve them all. You'll have to read on to find out which! 😄

Transfers

After last years big clear out, we were still left with too many players. I was supposed to have another big clear out, but only a few were moved on. They were big names, but I really should have moved on more.

Spoiler

pinamonti-season09-20.jpg.05a32f46f873dd518e99c195f160b3bc.jpg

pinamonti-season09-21.jpg.55b5a21bddeed8516c80735e9b03d676.jpg

pinamonti-season09-22.jpg.4003c56828e205ccf21c80819724cc61.jpg

Leaving us were:

• Arthur: At well below value. He was still at the top of his game and could slot into any team in the world - just not this one. I enjoyed him playing for the team and I was sad to see him go.

• Sancho: He really is a world class player in this save, but he scores too many goals and doesn't provide enough assists, so it was time to give other options a go.

• Batalla: He was the best backup keeper I could ask for, but a younger keeper surpassed him in that role. I took my sweet time selling him. Man Utd or Arsenal bid for him again and again, but I lowered his priced until I could sell him to a team we wouldn't face regularly.

Coming in were a bunch of young hopefuls. Goebel is Douglas Costa's regen, who might be an option on the left wing (has provided lots of assists in other careers), but we'll have to see how it works out. The other two are pot luck: they look good, but I have no idea who they are based on or whether they will pan out.

Competitions

Here's how we did in the various competitions this seasons:

• Won the Community Shield, beating Man City 4-2, with one goal from Pinamonti.

• Won the Euro Super Cup, beating Athletic Bilbao 4-2, with all four coming from Pinamonti.

• Won the Club World Championship, beating Enugu Rangers 5-4 in the final. Yes, 5-4, they really pushed us. We were Overloaded all game, but still.. Two goals from Pinamonti.

• Got knocked out of the League Cup by Tottenham, who beat us 3-2 in the quarter final. No excuses, we should have done better.

• Won the FA Cup, beating Man City 1-0 in the final, with the only goal coming from Pinamonti.

• Won the Premier League comfortably, but not as convincingly as I'd like. We lost 3 games and only scored 99 goals, well down on last year's 117.

• Got knocked out of the Champions League at the Semi Final stage by Barcelona and their merry band of former Newcastle players (Arthur, Vieira, Bailey, Afonso, Rodrygo). The damage was done in the first leg at home, where we let a 4-1 lead turn into a 4-4 result. It was my fault - Pinamonti was rested and I wasn't paying enough attention. We had a player sent off in the return leg and could only manage 1-1, so those away goals killed us.

• And Italy competed in the World Cup, which was an intense ride - but more on that in a separate update later.

Spoiler

pinamonti-season09-01.jpg.857b0712f65467b2545d995a53d2f3b2.jpg

pinamonti-season09-02.jpg.46ad009f7f63f06fe518f6282b6c01cd.jpg

pinamonti-season09-06.jpg.5ee08d127ef4eb2b1e29ffce93ef23c6.jpg

pinamonti-season09-08.jpg.c17fcd943da236810f93526442bd6b90.jpg

pinamonti-season09-18.jpg.8050de9506ecf09ce16570527cc1e0b0.jpg

pinamonti-season09-19.jpg.3c877c247bbcf1c5c0279e8a086158a9.jpg

pinamonti-season09-15.jpg.a3cb9e4b31d245249b01153c0295f90b.jpg

pinamonti-season09-17.jpg.3963f41f99aff2f850e482215d22f7ea.jpg

So, we're doing well and winning lots, but we still aren't nailed on to win everything...

The Kingmaker

Who is providing all the club goals?

Spoiler

pinamonti-season09-23.jpg.173330d93255439439f0a067cef65d20.jpg

Another season without a clear kingmaker... In central midfield, it was Catani's best season (but he took most of the corners, so I expected higher), while Havertz and Ibanez did well (but I want more than that). Out wide, Coman and Amiri did okay, I guess, but it was Pochettino who caught the eye. He's Messi's regen - I hadn't played him because I was worried he'd score too much, but seems content to pass.

Sad News

Our neighbours are in terrible trouble. They didn't handle the relegation back into the Championship well from a financial perspective:

pinamonti-season09-13.jpg.d82fa24608c2c980d54303b3ffe810d4.jpg

They are our bitter rivals, but it's never nice to see a football club go out of business, so we sent them some signed photos of our star players for them to auction off. Luckily that did the trick and the judge let them continue:

pinamonti-season09-26.jpg.34e4259ffef26477804da220a95f30fc.jpg

Unfortunately it will be in League 1, though:

pinamonti-season09-27.jpg.d6b91fa0bd59e49cdb200a38ccfc704f.jpg

Still maybe it's for the best, they will be able to rebuild the club more easily down there.

Injuries

All clear this year, although he suffered 3 or 4 nasty knocks that put him out of games. All part of being a footballer though, so no complaints.

Development

This is what Pinamonti looks like now (no change):

Spoiler

pinamonti-season09-24.jpg.2692232b8b0605319661102b872422ce.jpg

Goals - Highlights

Pinamonti scored 5 goals (penalty on a different line) once and 4 goals once this season:

Spoiler

pinamonti-season09-02.jpg.46ad009f7f63f06fe518f6282b6c01cd.jpg

pinamonti-season09-11.jpg.117d1d851460bc88e41a6d1d2976f13c.jpg

Not quite so many big scores this year, but he puts them in like clockwork:

pinamonti-season09-10.jpg.74ea4a770dada97fa6d23027a7814cd1.jpg

Goals - Club

He scored 81 goals in 50 games:

pinamonti-season09-25.jpg.c2a6397bbc030a4e512e7ff520c57108.jpg

About the same as he's been since I got the ITN job. No complaints, although I do recall that 90 goal season wistfully. Still when you factor in ITN goals, he's killing it.

Goals - ITN

Pinamonti had 84 international goals at the start of the year:

pinamonti-season08-60.jpg.2a2b9be9b6e44fc3c027f281ea0c73fb.jpg

And he finished with 118, meaning he'd scored 34 goals in 15 games.

pinamonti-season09-38.jpg.b970990a68c358ec6d91fcfceb8de0c1.jpg

That's after the World Cup. I'll provide a separate update on how that went, but we'll count the goals up now.

Progress

27 years old (EOY) Season Total
Club Goals 81 608
ITN Goals 34 85
Totals 115 693

Best season yet!

The Future

So, we met the 100+ goal target, but not the Champions' league one. That just leaves the World Cup... But you'll have to wait to hear how that went in a separate update.

Edited by scratch99
1 hour ago, Nucleus said:

Nice going Scratch! Cracking season 😁

Thanks mate, went pretty well. All momentum lost now as I'm scrambling around for half decent players in the CC. 😄

You’re doing well but I just threw up at one particular section 🤢 Where is your second chances save generously where you bid huge amounts of money for shit players in order to save us?!

6 hours ago, samhardy said:

You’re doing well but I just threw up at one particular section 🤢 Where is your second chances save generously where you bid huge amounts of money for shit players in order to save us?!

Yeah, we thought about that, but y'know, money's a bit tight at the moment...

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180822-085224.png.8a66e2c8ed26517671d16a7f4fa3256d.png

Maybe if they asked to loan one of our youngsters? Like the Andy Carrol regen or Gareth Barry one? But you know, they never ask. It's always Burton or someone who calls up...

I think they'll be alright and bounce back from this, but it's sure been a rollercoaster ride for them so-far... 

6 hours ago, Woody said:

Well done Scratch my boy...an improvement on last seasons tally.

Your doing the Toon proud. 😉

Thanks mate. But only two Champions League wins so far. I feel like I'm letting the team down. We'll keep giving our all though!

5 hours ago, Cockers2505 said:

Looking really good @scratch99 mate, he is going to get the numbers you require each season now he's come to age, good luck mate

Thanks @Cockers2505! He's doing magnificently well. Much better than any of my other strikers. I'm not sure why exactly - is it because 2018 is a little easier than 2017? Or is Pinamonti (2018) just that much better than Colidio (2017)? Or have I just built a better side? Or something else? Who knows, I guess I'll just enjoy it!

6 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Thanks @Cockers2505! He's doing magnificently well. Much better than any of my other strikers. I'm not sure why exactly - is it because 2018 is a little easier than 2017? Or is Pinamonti (2018) just that much better than Colidio (2017)? Or have I just built a better side? Or something else? Who knows, I guess I'll just enjoy it!

Your just a better manager now 😉

Another wonderful season for Pinamonti!

Its a shame about the champions league and that Barca are packed with your former stars that you no longer have room for. I really hate that when you have players that don't fit into what you want but are world class and you know if you sell them they could come back to haunt you.

2 hours ago, Woody said:

Your just a better manager now 😉

True maybe, but I've narrowed it down to Newcastle being better than Celtic! ;)

2 hours ago, Foxy said:

Another wonderful season for Pinamonti!

Its a shame about the champions league and that Barca are packed with your former stars that you no longer have room for. I really hate that when you have players that don't fit into what you want but are world class and you know if you sell them they could come back to haunt you.

Thanks mate, yeah those ex players always seem to score against you too. With all this money I'm sitting on now, I think I'll buy an Australian club and then send all the players that don't fit over here... 

1 minute ago, Foxy said:

I wonder were you got that idea from 🤔

Don't tell me you have a career like that brewing! 😂

Really, I just like supporting the local league here. At least in the game anyway - I never go along in real life, not even sure who plays for Brisbane, but I probably would do if they had Arthur, Bailey, Rodrygo, etc...

4 minutes ago, Foxy said:

No but it sounds very much like the early history of your Nation 😂

LOL, missed that connotation. Send the unwanted people over here and then they turn out to be even better than the ones that stayed behind... :P

Actually, I was thinking about doing a Scratch Breaks FMM one year save, but not with an Aussie club. Maybe I should do that instead...

13 hours ago, Foxy said:

Is that right is it.....

Well, we can't all be Arthur or Rodrygo. We did get the occasional lesser lights shipped over as well as the great ones...

Don't act like there's none left over there though. There's some on this here forum who are struggling, repeatedly, with the concept of top seeds automatically qualifying for the second round for example. No names, right @Woody? 😂

To be fair though, I too have 'parked' my (high powered rear wheeled) car in the bushes after pushing the limits a little too far in the wet. If you haven't done that once in your life, you haven't lived!

Cracking season mate. Congrats on getting the 100 goals. Now I am just curious about the world cup considering my first successful posted career was the 200 goal int. Challenge one. 

KIU