Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Article Ashez & Foxy Present Tiki-Taka

Ashez

I’ve been reintroduced to Football Manager recently by the members of a forum I’m an admin for - no, I’m not looking to promote it or poach members.

I’ll be honest, I’ve been struggling to ignite my interest in the game following completion of some of the challenges. I just couldn’t find a system that encapsulated tiki taka, well as a perceived it. 

But! This, this is exactly what I’ve been looking for and I cannot wait to give this a shot in the lower leagues. I know it’ll be a slog but I have a system that fits a vision to buy players into.

Bravo guys, superb work and superb article 

I do have a question, I’m currently using a team in the depths of the Spanish lower divisions. It’s worked well so far, one thing I’ve noticed is that I’ve suffered a serious injury in every game after a good start. I’ve not tweaked the training as I was actually looking to avoid injuries so I’m stumped. Unless of course it’s my physio. Anyone else experienced this? 

9 minutes ago, Batard said:

I do have a question, I’m currently using a team in the depths of the Spanish lower divisions. It’s worked well so far, one thing I’ve noticed is that I’ve suffered a serious injury in every game after a good start. I’ve not tweaked the training as I was actually looking to avoid injuries so I’m stumped. Unless of course it’s my physio. Anyone else experienced this? 

It could be anything from luck, your staff, your facilities, the players and so on. Any role being targeted or is it random?

14 hours ago, Ashez said:

It could be anything from luck, your staff, your facilities, the players and so on. Any role being targeted or is it random?

Not really. It seems to have passed now. It was odd though, every game a serious injury and always a 3 week recovery time. 

49 minutes ago, Batard said:

Not really. It seems to have passed now. It was odd though, every game a serious injury and always a 3 week recovery time. 

Tbh I'm not 100% sure if in match injuries are linked to luck or say your training/facilities/coaches as like your staff can't prevent a bad challenge. 

Sadly after initial domination of matches, this has stopped working for me as I approach the end of my 2nd season. To be fair, I’ve had this before with formations I’ve been whipping teams with, regular as clockwork around December the AI gets wise. Shame as I really enjoyed using it. I’m now getting lots of 0-0 draws or being beaten 4-2. I can’t buy a win

2 minutes ago, Batard said:

Sadly after initial domination of matches, this has stopped working for me as I approach the end of my 2nd season. To be fair, I’ve had this before with formations I’ve been whipping teams with, regular as clockwork around December the AI gets wise. Shame as I really enjoyed using it. I’m now getting lots of 0-0 draws or being beaten 4-2. I can’t buy a win

Any chance you're miles ahead in the league?

47 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Any chance you're miles ahead in the league?

I’m 3rd, but I was 1st. Thankfully I’m only a small team. I’m using Telstar, got them promoted using your formation. Scored some gorgeous goals. Was really working a treat in the Eredivise, in my first 10 games I smashed Ajax 4-0. I’ve had to switch to a more conventional wing based game. No where near as fun to watch mind.

20 minutes ago, fexacana said:

hi everyone. and thx for this work!  i am new on this site. i dont know how can i download this tactic. sorry for bad english. 

There’s no download for it mate, it’s all there’s in the screenshots. Shouldn’t take too long to mimic it in your save. Welcome to the site 😁

5 minutes ago, Chris99 said:

Please, how can I replicate this tactic on Football Manager Mobile 2019? I really liked your tactic when playing FMM 2018.

I'm fairly confident this will work the same, the Gegen does anyway. While I've not used this I've had success with variants 

7 hours ago, Ashez said:

I'm fairly confident this will work the same, the Gegen does anyway. While I've not used this I've had success with variants 

Oh, because I'm trying it out on FMM19 but i'm having issues scoring goals. Any possible tweaking that could help?

56 minutes ago, Chris99 said:

Oh, because I'm trying it out on FMM19 but i'm having issues scoring goals. Any possible tweaking that could help?

Where does the issue come from? The SS or ISFs?

SS's did seem to get a slight downgrade in a recent patch tbf, the Gegen used one ISF as does one of my variants and it scores for fun. I've not used double front line ISFs in ages though. Can I see the three players in question please?

14 minutes ago, Ashez said:

SS's did seem to get a slight downgrade in a recent patch tbf, the Gegen used one ISF as does one of my variants and it scores for fun. I've not used double front line ISFs in ages though. Can I see the three players in question please?

Sure. Its Sane, KDB and Sterling IMG_4511.thumb.PNG.068818bc6647c38a73040dbb22fbd35c.PNG

35 minutes ago, Chris99 said:

Sure. Its Sane, KDB and Sterling IMG_4511.thumb.PNG.068818bc6647c38a73040dbb22fbd35c.PNG

Sorry to chime in here but I’ve took inspiration from this and used similar systems to great success in FM19 and I’m not even a great manager. Sandler in the DLP role is my concern as he’s not great and the DLP role is a creative one. I will try this tactic in the morning with Man City and reveal how I get on.

Little test this morning with this and it looks good. Aguero in the SS position has 7 goals in 5 games. Not enough games to fully evaluate and may continue this later when I get time but think it’s going to work fine with right players.

Spoiler

D190C809-96BC-4FCB-8CDB-82FDD137D0EA.thumb.png.54ed87cdfe404454aeb6ec162cab4ba1.png

DA4C2A02-520E-4530-B5F9-93F4C7C42760.thumb.png.2a71fe94405b38faf1b6aaa5d020688b.png

9EC711D6-B508-476B-B0C2-5CBFA2CA8031.thumb.png.e8e076f56b2ada7d9223acfaee0d2159.png

32 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Little test this morning with this and it looks good. Aguero in the SS position has 7 goals in 5 games. Not enough games to fully evaluate and may continue this later when I get time but think it’s going to work fine with right players.

Hide contents

D190C809-96BC-4FCB-8CDB-82FDD137D0EA.thumb.png.54ed87cdfe404454aeb6ec162cab4ba1.png

DA4C2A02-520E-4530-B5F9-93F4C7C42760.thumb.png.2a71fe94405b38faf1b6aaa5d020688b.png

9EC711D6-B508-476B-B0C2-5CBFA2CA8031.thumb.png.e8e076f56b2ada7d9223acfaee0d2159.png

Who is Sandler?

35 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Reveal hidden contents

That looks positive.

I haven’t really tested this tactic on FMM19 but Gegen still works well or at least did the last time I used it around Xmas/New Year.