Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career 1000 Goal Challenge

BenDTner

About to start my first ever attempt at the 1k goals challenge after a few hours I have decided to go with Willem Geubbels mainly due to his age meaning I should be able to get 20 seasons out of him.

Screenshot_2018-09-17-22-24-50.png

9 hours ago, Rob2017 said:

Another poor folk fallen in to the Geubbels trap.

Oh no please don't say people have failed with him

added 0 minutes later
8 hours ago, Cockers2505 said:

Good luck, even though he turns World Class, I gave up after 4 seasons as he just didn't hit the mark for me no matter what Tactic I used, but please prove me wrong 🤞

Early on I found it pretty difficult to find him a tactic but we will see

First season nearly finished little worried about his goal scoring as he seems to not fit in with my tactic too well but I hope its just due to his stats at the moment pictures to follow. 

One thing I am pleased with as he seems to be very good at staying injury free. Lets hope the goals start raining.

Not a great start only hitting 29 but in real life its bloody good for a 16 year old on to the next season. Found myself changing tactics to fit him so the actual season wasn't great narrowly missed out on a cup losing 2-1 to Monaco in extra time

971 Goals left

Screenshot_2018-09-18-08-51-26.png

Screenshot_2018-09-18-08-51-39.png

10 minutes ago, Cockers2505 said:

As I said I gave up after 4 seasons as I couldn't keep him scoring as much as was needed

IMG_4970.thumb.PNG.1d73a816e93d42b87a80914b6a5ce726.PNG

did you use him as a AF or P

Edited by BenDTner
typo

I have decided to give in on this attempt as I have tried many tactics and he just never hits any consistency but I promise I will try again I will just have to look for a new player 

5 hours ago, BenDTner said:

I have decided to give in on this attempt as I have tried many tactics and he just never hits any consistency but I promise I will try again I will just have to look for a new player 

That’s a shame I was just reading through and expecting something special with this guy, maybe he’s a slow burner and at 16 he had ample time to get better, I’m intrigued to see what this guy can do now. 

What a pity!! Geubbels has been a beast for me this year scoring 1.5k+ goals in my 1kc attempt at sporting and am also currently using him in my U-21 team career which would be posted on the community soon..You can view the career here:

14 minutes ago, Damilare said:

What a pity!! Geubbels has been a beast for me this year scoring 1.5k+ goals in my 1kc attempt at sporting and am also currently using him in my U-21 team career which would be posted on the community soon..You can view the career here:

thats interesting I tried many different tactics and roles but I still couldn't get him to produce and from what I have heard many have struggled with him. Good on you lad

8 hours ago, BenDTner said:

did you use him as a AF or P

I used him as a Poacher, but tried everything else also but to no joy, obviously others have had success which is down to the team also, I get that, but in my save I won the premium every year scoring over 100 goals, but only 30 odd of them was by him as you saw above

42 minutes ago, Cockers2505 said:

I used him as a Poacher, but tried everything else also but to no joy, obviously others have had success which is down to the team also, I get that, but in my save I won the premium every year scoring over 100 goals, but only 30 odd of them was by him as you saw above

Thats really odd oh well I just couldn't build a tactic to fit him I have started my new attempt and I can say its started well

Glad you gave it a go. Shame you didn't persist though as the vast majority of strikers are pretty inconsistent until they hit 20. Some take even longer than that. Anyway, will head over to your new attempt when I get the chance! Good luck!

58 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

Glad you gave it a go. Shame you didn't persist though as the vast majority of strikers are pretty inconsistent until they hit 20. Some take even longer than that. Anyway, will head over to your new attempt when I get the chance! Good luck!

Yeah I got to say it was more the inconsistency that hurt and I can say the new attempt has started a lot brighter