Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Article FMM19: Possible New Features

Nucleus

On the aesthetic side of things, I'd like some clubs to have 3 colours rather than 2, possibly with patterns on the name bar (such as hoops/stripes). Would be much better during games and not be all teams obviously.

Examples:

Barca have blue and red colours with yellow text.

Milan have red and black colours with white text.

Would really love an overhaul of international management, for example: 

- having coaches, scouts in particular to see potential of upcoming young players.

- being able to choose friendlies or at least have more variety in the teams that can be played. 

- injury replacements during World Cup and standby players, perhaps from preliminary squad. 

- a suggested squad, I regularly forget to re call-up players that have been out for a while due to injury. 

And with regards to the difficulty of the game, if regens come into the game with different nationalities and slightly changed positions, it would make finding regens of the top players significantly harder

59 minutes ago, Inferno said:

- having coaches, scouts in particular to see potential of upcoming young players.

- being able to choose friendlies or at least have more variety in the teams that can be played. 

- injury replacements during World Cup and standby players, perhaps from preliminary squad. 

- a suggested squad, I regularly forget to re call-up players that have been out for a while due to injury. 

And with regards to the difficulty of the game, if regens come into the game with different nationalities and slightly changed positions, it would make finding regens of the top players significantly harder

Definitely in need of an overhaul - International management at the moment feels like the unloved child

3 hours ago, Inferno said:

Every World Cup year I hope for ITN revamp but no luck, imo ITN should work as a stand alone mode and it just doesn't.

Edited by Ashez
1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Very World Cup year I hope for ITN revamp but no luck, imo ITN should work as a stand alone more and it just doesn't.

Especially when its a ball ache to unlock or you have to pay like 99p for it.  

So there are two things that i really would like to see in next edition.

First is improvment of rating system:

In FMM when you put player from bench it's very likely that he will end up with 6 rate although he wasn't playing that bad.  I wasn't playing FM on PC for a long time, but i remember that either sub wasn't rated when he didn't play enough or his starting rate was 7. It would be much easier to say if a player was good or bad during the season if the rates wasn't lowered because of that. 

The other great thing that we have in FM is picking team(first squad, slight rotation, big rotation) or something like that. When i'm playing team from weak league like Irish i don't like to waste my time with picking squad for every League game(i will most likely end up winning it anyway, because of my team is much better than others), so that feature would save some time :)

40 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Especially when its a ball ache to unlock or you have to pay like 99p for it.  

For paid DLC it's a joke tbf and unfortunately i wouldn't be surprised if the fact it can be unlocked is why it gets no attention. If it was DLC only it surely couldn't be as bad as it is. 

Apologies if this has been mentioned somewhere already, but I would really like the AI’s management of the other teams in the game to be radically improved. After about 10 seasons or so the AI teams are usually rubbish in comparison to the player managed ones.

The sort of things that you see (and shouldn’t)

• Top teams without players in key positions or overloaded in others. I’ve seen top league teams with no GKs for example. In my current save, Dortmund have 8 GKs but only 1 striker.
  • A lack of older players in AI teams as they retire too early. Compare the over 34 players at the beginning and later on.
  • The scout World rankings become dominated by players in the managed team. In my current save after 12 seasons, 11 of the top 13 players in the world are at my club which is very unrealistic.
  • Young players do not progress stat-wise in AI teams like they do under even quite mild training in a managed team. The comparison to any sort of intensive training is even more marked.
  • Wonderkids who are identified in the scout rankings are not picked up quickly by AI teams.

I think if this area was addressed the game would be more balanced and playing long careers/undertaking scoring challenges would be more enjoyable because the competition would be stronger.

3 hours ago, URz said:

Just seen this squad 😱🤣

74F8A65D-C3EB-4EDD-A837-7AF948BC213A.thumb.png.7830fcfa81483fb031b916be6db6431a.png

That’s 12 goalkeepers in a first team squad of 34

Competition for places taken a bit too far 😂

More transfer options would be nice, like additional clauses such as £X after certain number of appearances, goals, international caps etc.