Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Home Grown players

BenDTner

I remember playing fm 08 and always having to check the amount of foreign players at the club. Is it not a requirement that every English team needs at least 3 or 4 homegrown players. Wouldn't it be cool to have this in fmm 19, it would certainly make the game seem more rewarding even if it was just an option you could toggle on and off.

11 hours ago, Kingzilla said:

Its on the full pc game 

oh cool I think its needs to be on fmm 19 it makes the game more realistic instead of being able to have a full squad of south americans playing in the prem. Its needed more than press conferences 

1 hour ago, Thirsk said:

They really do need this. I played a K-league club and it soon became a club of 100% foreigners.

yeah although sometimes I like to have that in my save just for fun so I feel it would be best implemented at the start of the save as a option when picking leagues etc.

It would be nice. I tend to manage in England normally and always end up with hardly any English players. It would be nice to see it implemented, maybe toggleable, so it helps keep homegrown talent where it belongs. 

Personally I'm happy with how it is as I think it works better as a restriction you can add yourself if you wish. I want freedom to play how I want instead of things that limit what I can do and as something like this can be self implemented I'd hate to see it as a requirement. 

Edited by Ashez

Squad rules are probably not something we would want to add at the moment, doesn't really fit with the game philosophy.

To elaborate a little I love the fact transfer wise almost anything goes and it leaves so many doors open to us, anything like a squad rules feature being added would basically kill off loads of fun and unique saves like only being able to use certain nationalities. There is a point where realism gets in the way of the fun of the game imo.

While not a feature you can implement any squad rules you like if you set yourself a clear rule set and stick to it, if anything like this was ever forced on us we'd lose that control and the game would be worse for it. 

31 minutes ago, Ashez said:

To elaborate a little I love the fact transfer wise almost anything goes and it leaves so many doors open to us, anything like a squad rules feature being added would basically kill off loads of fun and unique saves like only being able to use certain nationalities. There is a point where realism gets in the way of the fun of the game imo.

While not a feature you can implement any squad rules you like if you set yourself a clear rule set and stick to it, if anything like this was ever forced on us we'd lose that control and the game would be worse for it. 

I couldn’t agree more!!!

I love the fact that work permits are the only restrictions we have really in terms of transfers.

39 minutes ago, Foxy said:

I couldn’t agree more!!!

I love the fact that work permits are the only restrictions we have really in terms of transfers.

I love having saves with no restrictions but I also like to have a realistic save once in a while so I wouldn't mind it implemented as an option when starting a new save that way you can choose

I always keep requesting my Board to upgrade the youth facilities, in hopes that I can get it as high as possible within 2 seasons.
After that, I usually go for homegrown players, I love to see them come up and develop into world class players.

37 minutes ago, BenDTner said:

I love having saves with no restrictions but I also like to have a realistic save once in a while so I wouldn't mind it implemented as an option when starting a new save that way you can choose

An option would be fine but there is nothing to stop you putting those restrictions on yourself.

I did an Oxford Utd challenge on here back in the spring and part of the challenge I put on myself was only sign British players as I was trying to recreate what we achieved in the 80's. I didn't need the game to restrict me though I just made sure everyone I bought were Brits.

1 minute ago, Foxy said:

An option would be fine but there is nothing to stop you putting those restrictions on yourself.

I did an Oxford Utd challenge on here back in the spring and part of the challenge I put on myself was only sign British players as I was trying to recreate what we achieved in the 80's. I didn't need the game to restrict me though I just made sure everyone I bought were Brits.

I don't have the ability to do that I just know I will get caught up with a squad of brazilians

2 minutes ago, Jeroenvk94 said:

First player I buy everytime is Rodrygo 😛

I’ve never used him this year. I’m more of a fill my team with the best European players sort of guy. 

Just now, Nucleus said:

I’ve never used him this year. I’m more of a fill my team with the best European players sort of guy. 

I have used him once I think but I tend to go for vinicius junior althought his stamina is soo bad

1 minute ago, Nucleus said:

In case of Europeans, Geubbels, D'Amico and Pellegri are my go to purchases :p 

Just now, Jeroenvk94 said:

In case of Europeans, Geubbels, D'Amico and Pellegri are my go to purchases 😛

I am not a wonderkid sort of guy I tend to get players for cheap and train them into beasts.