Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career International Team Challenge

Schwantz34

zOe2DdK.png

Okay so this photo got me thinking. Spain recently fielded 11 players from 11 different clubs for the first time in their history and I though about whether I could do the same with England. Instead of using a starting 11 consisting of 11 players from 11 different clubs though, could I win a trophy using an entire squad made up of players from 23 different clubs. The rules I will be using are that the players clubs where they are on the game rather than where they are now will be used and this includes loans. So for example Tom Heaton classes as Burnley not Villa, and Reece Oxford classes as West Ham not FC Augsburg where he is on loan in the game. 

It could become tricky when injuries bite because I may have to dip into the Championship and further down depending on who's currently in my squad. This could lead to some bizarre debuts! Just seemed like a fun thing to try out.

This is the squad I will be setting out with and we will be using a 3-4-3 formation, plus striker Josh Maja (Bordeaux) who you can't see on the photo as for some reason FMM19 will only fit 22 players in the screenshot.

QOuNOaW.png

Away we go! I'll update with each game.

Game 2

Close loss to Spain where the reports after said we played well and the game could have gone either way.

rRnCcwQ.png

NiaK4oF.png

Game 3

A friendly so I decided to give the squad players a run out and hand some players their debut. Josh Maja hit a hat trick in his first game!

yEmbaa8.png

7NkfcOX.png

Game 4

Back to the Nations League and Croatia got revenge in a big way. My team were taught lessons and the report after didn't make for good reading. Already thinking this early that it could be a real battle winning a trophy. Also the injury bug has bitten already and I have Sterling, Ward-Prowse and Dunk all out for 4 months. Some of those interesting call ups could be coming sooner than planned! Have to see what I can do when the next squad selection comes around.

uwhuGIV.png

kkNgwK7.png

UYc5mSM.png

Game 5

WhmQ36t.png

YBIIJFh.png

Game 6

5YELVYF.png

arqvxP6.png

Okay this requires a rethink as the Nations League was a disaster. Tried a tactic switch but it didn't really work, so after this update I'm thinking of going with my Bielsa tactic and see if it's any better.

Changing tactic again has yielded some positive results so far.

Game 7

5UNebLL.png

Both strikers Kane and Maja weren't fit enough to start when it came to game time for Scotland.

iqxKDQP.png

qmlvPpa.png

Game 8

4uzwFoZ.png

RePOI9q.png

Game 9

UoMQSlr.png

yoJijNI.png

8TX2YZ2.png

Game 10

EJBKmgX.png

DRc9TJX.png

Edited by Schwantz34

I'm a little surprised you don't concede more with that defence. You probably will once you face stronger opposition. That's the challenge tho. Goodluck. 

42 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

I'm a little surprised you don't concede more with that defence. You probably will once you face stronger opposition. That's the challenge tho. Goodluck. 

Yeah I thought the same initially and was considering sacrificing Sterling for Stones. Coady and Gibson are both performing very well right now though.

2 hours ago, Lord Danish said:

The real suprise is Pickford not conceding much

I'm not his biggest fan but there aren't many good alternatives.