Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Wrasslin’, MMA, Boxing, et al

Rob

3 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

So, Braun Strowman, Aleister Black, Ruby Riot & Lana all released today. Anyone else seeing this?

Wtf? Just seen that. Braun? I don’t love the guy but he’s a solid member.

At least Lana can reunite with Miro.

26 minutes ago, Rob said:

Wtf? Just seen that. Braun? I don’t love the guy but he’s a solid member.

At least Lana can reunite with Miro.

They'll all go to AEW surely? Not sure what WWE is thinking. Black is quality. From his entrance to his style. I think they've missed a trick there.

4 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

They'll all go to AEW surely? Not sure what WWE is thinking. Black is quality. From his entrance to his style. I think they've missed a trick there.

Can’t help but wonder if releases will be used as a storyline. ‘Free agent’ Strowman runs through the crowd and destroys people, for example.

1 minute ago, Rob said:

Can’t help but wonder if releases will be used as a storyline. ‘Free agent’ Strowman runs through the crowd and destroys people, for example.

Maybe. Seems really strange to release such a high profile performer. 

1 minute ago, Dai_ said:

Maybe. Seems really strange to release such a high profile performer. 

Agreed. He’s by no means my favourite, but he is WWE born and bred and they very rarely ditch that.

4 minutes ago, Rob said:

Agreed. He’s by no means my favourite, but he is WWE born and bred and they very rarely ditch that.

Might be a warning that nobody is untouchable. Plus, maybe something happened behind the scenes. Braun couldn't be happy getting so close to the big prize time after time just to lose and never get a marquee title run. Who knows.

So we are a couple of days on and still those releases make no sense. Sounds like Khan is preparing WWE to be sold, which I just don’t believe.

Not a huge boxing fan, but totally respect the sport, so it’s a shame that the Floyd and Logan fight is happening.

17 minutes ago, Rob said:

So we are a couple of days on and still those releases make no sense. Sounds like Khan is preparing WWE to be sold, which I just don’t believe.

Not a huge boxing fan, but totally respect the sport, so it’s a shame that the Floyd and Logan fight is happening.

I dont think they want to sold the company.The only thing that might happen is they want to end the brand split.

I did think myself that maybe they were preparing to sell the company when it first came but I’ve read things this morning and it’s not for sale by sounds of it, they just believe they have racked up so many wrestlers over the past few years that they need to cut some. Also NXT a call ups are happening soon.

I did read that there will be more big name releases soon.

50 minutes ago, Rich said:

I did think myself that maybe they were preparing to sell the company when it first came but I’ve read things this morning and it’s not for sale by sounds of it, they just believe they have racked up so many wrestlers over the past few years that they need to cut some. Also NXT a call ups are happening soon.

I did read that there will be more big name releases soon.

Wonder how big? Literally Reigns is the only safe person!

1 hour ago, Spencer08 said:

I dont think they want to sold the company.The only thing that might happen is they want to end the brand split.

6 minutes ago, Spencer08 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Ricochet got released next.

Hadn’t thought of ending the brand split. Wonder if the tv companies will do that?

Yeah, people like Ricochet will be at risk. My guess is Shelton will one of the next ones; maybe Keith Lee too.

On 02/06/2021 at 21:51, Dai_ said:

We are getting Tommy End back so

4 hours ago, Rob said:

Can you imagine if "the greatest of all time" loses his perfect record to a YouTube plum that was beaten by KSI?

Now, this is so risky for Mayweather. Logan is a big dude. They're fighting at Cruiserweight, which Mayweather is nowhere near. If Floyd doesn't take this seriously then one lucky punch could destroy his legacy! 

9 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Can you imagine if "the greatest of all time" loses his perfect record to a YouTube plum that was beaten by KSI?

Now, this is so risky for Mayweather. Logan is a big dude. They're fighting at Cruiserweight, which Mayweather is nowhere near. If Floyd doesn't take this seriously then one lucky punch could destroy his legacy! 

So is it a proper fight then? 

13 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

Well said, Logan towers over him! I actually quite like Logan, I just hate his brother Jake, who I hope to god loses to Tyron Woodley!

4 minutes ago, Rob said:

Never know until these fights start, it could be decent. It’s better than anything Jake Paul has done. It’s more interesting anyway.

3 hours ago, Rob said:

Um. These are the "rules":

1437337040_Screenshot_20210604-174433_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.76435febca1ea97c436185781dd41b04.jpg

I'm not sure. If there's no KO it'll be a draw. Even that would make Floyd a laughing stock, tbh.

3 hours ago, Dai_ said:

Joe Calzaghe is fighting Logan Paul?!

20 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Joe Calzaghe is fighting Logan Paul?!

Haha! Yes! Joe is my greatest of all time. That's why I've used " ", as many think Mayweather is the GOAT.

I'm quite disappointed in myself for staying up and watching this Mayweather vs Paul cuddle-fest. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I'm even more disgusted that people will have paid for this crap! 🤣

12 minutes ago, Dai_ said:

I'm quite disappointed in myself for staying up and watching this Mayweather vs Paul cuddle-fest. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Very true. I decided to just reload posts on Twitter and just watch the clips 😂

4 hours ago, Dai_ said:

You mad man, can’t believe you stayed up, it didn’t even cross my mind 😂

So Logan didn’t land a punch did he?

4 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Very true. I decided to just reload posts on Twitter and just watch the clips 😂

You against Floyd Mayweather next.

3 hours ago, Spencer08 said:

He's back...

5a137-16238036876034-800.jpg.ec312308c9d6c421e6902a1bb966cbd2.jpg

Spoilers next time😝

I haven’t seen it yet but I had seen yesterday that they’re was talk about it. Glad too see him back.

46 minutes ago, Kanegan said:

Joe should have refused and go to impact or AEW. This is a bad move. 

I thought this, then wondered if he’s been given a behind the scenes role or something too?

3 hours ago, Rob said:

I thought this, then wondered if he’s been given a behind the scenes role or something too?

At this moment it looks like Joe is not cleared to compete so he will be in the GM's enforcer role for a while.