Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Adapted 2-3-2-3 Tested all levels in English Leagues

JonnyLove

Firstly I need to thank @Plimmerz92 for his excellent 2-3-2-3 tactic that I based this tactic off You can find his here

So why a new thread and not just update his? well I made some changes and did a large amount of testing with this tactic so felt I deserved a tactic thread of my own :) (this is my first)

So to test the tactic I started off with Hemel Hempstead in the VNS (one of the worst teams in the league, everything is poor) the first season I finish 8th, you may think that is terrible but that is mainly because I spent the season refining the tactic and players. Second season I finished 11th again you may think terrible but I had no money and all my players were out of contract so I had to promote youth only, none of my players had anything higher than a 9 for anything and most had 4-5's I also had to tweak the tactic a little more and in the end went on a nice little run of games to get me near the top only missing out on the playoffs by 3 points.

I was offered the job at League 2 Newport County (that is a heck of a jump), using this tactic and a whole team made out of free players (had no money again but at least someone wanted o join me) I won league 2 with 96 points and about 4 games to spare, again the players were not great.

I was then offered the job of Norwich in the championship (again jumping two divisions) first season I had to get rid of a load of players as the finances were terrible and replace with low fee/free players I finished the first season in 5th missing out on the playoff final after FMM did what FMM does and i conceded a 98th minute goal with the teams first shot on target regardless of my 20 shots and 15 on target. Anyway next season I won promotion to the PL with about 7 games to go.

So I then started a new game with Southampton, I did not make a single signing in 4 years and sold anyone who was bid for and promoted from youth. I wont all competitions so not too bad.

I would say it's not bullet proof but certainly a very plug and play tactic, only changes I make is if I am 1 or 2 nil up I tend to go defending to see out a game.

Anyway here are the usual tactic pictures

Any I hope this brings you guys some success in your games.

Sorry I don't have much more details to share on results and such like but I have been using lots of saves to test out this tactic, but I am sure you can give it a good go and advise if it works or fails.

One thing I would say is retrain players to fit, and try and get Pace, stamina and strength (but as hemel tested it's not always needed) and also as usual have an A & B team to help keep players sharp 

20200205_144401000_iOS.jpg

20200205_144413000_iOS.jpg

20200205_144422000_iOS.jpg

20200205_144337000_iOS.jpg

Edited by JonnyLove

i tried this tactic with Liverpool, won almost everything except the Champions League. Losing to real madrid 3-2. Not bad👍

This is the kinda stuff I love to see.

A slightly weird looking tactic but I love that you’ve tried it with different teams with minimal investment and yielded relatively successful results.

Going to give it a whirl and see how it gets on.

Thanks for this! Awesome stuff!

I’m new to this site, but not new to football manager, I’m looking at testing a few tactics and helping the community, so I’m going to test this with fiorentina :)

So with my first adventure with this tactic and I am quite impressed with The outcome. 

So I started with fiorentina, and wanted to bring back glory to that legendary purple kit!

But I have to be honest, I was disappointed with there squad, although it was very young. The current ability was not great. I did not spend any money in January because I like to give everyone a go before I make my changes to my team. 

So it was a rocky start with my players adjusting to life under my management. Got a few wins under my belt by November, Ribery and Kevin-prince already in the reserves as they declined so fast! As going through the season I found that TM wasn’t really working so I planed to play around with it, the only 2 strikers I had at the club was a TM and a poacher. So I knew it was going to be hard to find the right balance, Got into January with the club in 9th place(not bad but could be better). Then made a few bargain signings and sold a few players I didn’t want or that I couldn’t stop due to loan to buy already in the game. I then had the opportunity to get tonali, so that being said. I snatched him up, and it turned out to be a very good decision. From there I was moving between 6-9th place with my inconsistency. And it was really bugging me, that my striker was really never performing at all. Hardly any goals or assists. So I changed it to DLF in the idea that he supplies the IF a lot more that TM or CF would. And it worked a treat. I won my last 6 games with only conceding 1 goal and managed to finish 4th and gain that last champions league spot, so all in all I’m very happy. 

Tips;

Forwards  need good teamwork and shooting 

AP needs 15+ passing

BBM needs 15+ Stamina, tackling and positioning  

Also like Jonny said use defensive if you want to cement your win, I used it a lot when winning by 1 or 2 goals 

Having 22 first team players that you can use is  also a bonus because I got a few injuries but that’s just standard anyway. 

This is my first time doing this, so if you have any questions or screen shots I’m more than willing to provide them 

thanks for reading 

203AA020-7CBB-43E3-88F3-E15BFF4F04FD.png

782D6608-5DB7-4E1F-B929-6DA8AE9FAE8C.png

4BA9E4C6-61A4-4A62-87E5-FD713B74359E.png

670DE665-B9AD-4D82-8E79-2933E279DE56.png

On 05/02/2020 at 15:06, JonnyLove said:

Firstly I need to thank @Plimmerz92 for his excellent 2-3-2-3 tactic that I based this tactic off You can find his here

So why a new thread and not just update his? well I made some changes and did a large amount of testing with this tactic so felt I deserved a tactic thread of my own :) (this is my first)

So to test the tactic I started off with Hemel Hempstead in the VNS (one of the worst teams in the league, everything is poor) the first season I finish 8th, you may think that is terrible but that is mainly because I spent the season refining the tactic and players. Second season I finished 11th again you may think terrible but I had no money and all my players were out of contract so I had to promote youth only, none of my players had anything higher than a 9 for anything and most had 4-5's I also had to tweak the tactic a little more and in the end went on a nice little run of games to get me near the top only missing out on the playoffs by 3 points.

I was offered the job at League 2 Newport County (that is a heck of a jump), using this tactic and a whole team made out of free players (had no money again but at least someone wanted o join me) I won league 2 with 96 points and about 4 games to spare, again the players were not great.

AdChoices
ADVERTISING

I was then offered the job of Norwich in the championship (again jumping two divisions) first season I had to get rid of a load of players as the finances were terrible and replace with low fee/free players I finished the first season in 5th missing out on the playoff final after FMM did what FMM does and i conceded a 98th minute goal with the teams first shot on target regardless of my 20 shots and 15 on target. Anyway next season I won promotion to the PL with about 7 games to go.

So I then started a new game with Southampton, I did not make a single signing in 4 years and sold anyone who was bid for and promoted from youth. I wont all competitions so not too bad.

I would say it's not bullet proof but certainly a very plug and play tactic, only changes I make is if I am 1 or 2 nil up I tend to go defending to see out a game.

Anyway here are the usual tactic pictures

Any I hope this brings you guys some success in your games.

Sorry I don't have much more details to share on results and such like but I have been using lots of saves to test out this tactic, but I am sure you can give it a good go and advise if it works or fails.

One thing I would say is retrain players to fit, and try and get Pace, stamina and strength (but as hemel tested it's not always needed) and also as usual have an A & B team to help keep players sharp 

20200205_144401000_iOS.jpg

20200205_144413000_iOS.jpg

20200205_144422000_iOS.jpg

20200205_144337000_iOS.jpg

Nice tactic i may try with salford city in league 2 i believe they are first impressions quite solid considering no investment into player recruitment.

On 09/02/2020 at 08:00, JackLiquids said:

So with my first adventure with this tactic and I am quite impressed with The outcome. 

So I started with fiorentina, and wanted to bring back glory to that legendary purple kit!

But I have to be honest, I was disappointed with there squad, although it was very young. The current ability was not great. I did not spend any money in January because I like to give everyone a go before I make my changes to my team. 

So it was a rocky start with my players adjusting to life under my management. Got a few wins under my belt by November, Ribery and Kevin-prince already in the reserves as they declined so fast! As going through the season I found that TM wasn’t really working so I planed to play around with it, the only 2 strikers I had at the club was a TM and a poacher. So I knew it was going to be hard to find the right balance, Got into January with the club in 9th place(not bad but could be better). Then made a few bargain signings and sold a few players I didn’t want or that I couldn’t stop due to loan to buy already in the game. I then had the opportunity to get tonali, so that being said. I snatched him up, and it turned out to be a very good decision. From there I was moving between 6-9th place with my inconsistency. And it was really bugging me, that my striker was really never performing at all. Hardly any goals or assists. So I changed it to DLF in the idea that he supplies the IF a lot more that TM or CF would. And it worked a treat. I won my last 6 games with only conceding 1 goal and managed to finish 4th and gain that last champions league spot, so all in all I’m very happy. 

Tips;

Forwards  need good teamwork and shooting 

AP needs 15+ passing

BBM needs 15+ Stamina, tackling and positioning  

Also like Jonny said use defensive if you want to cement your win, I used it a lot when winning by 1 or 2 goals 

Having 22 first team players that you can use is  also a bonus because I got a few injuries but that’s just standard anyway. 

This is my first time doing this, so if you have any questions or screen shots I’m more than willing to provide them 

thanks for reading 

203AA020-7CBB-43E3-88F3-E15BFF4F04FD.png

782D6608-5DB7-4E1F-B929-6DA8AE9FAE8C.png

4BA9E4C6-61A4-4A62-87E5-FD713B74359E.png

670DE665-B9AD-4D82-8E79-2933E279DE56.png

Did you change anything else or literally just the striker role?

18 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

Did you change anything else or literally just the striker role?

Just the striker role, some games TM would work but with the team I’ve got, DLF worked best, but very very impressed with this tactic 

I’ve done  some testing with using the DLF and can confirm this does seem to work better than the TM in most teams I’ve tried this with (again Hemel, and Southampton)

I’ve  also been trying defence set to balanced but I’ve not got enough data to say if it’s any better than High at the moment so try those two things and see your results.

my biggest issue with my latest save has been far too many injuries and sending offs which cost me the premier league in my first season with Southampton with no signings. 

Edited by JonnyLove

Tested this tactic in Italy as Inter, managed to win the league and the Cup, first time asking! These were my results for the season!

Thanks for the tactic bud, it's great!

Screenshot_20200213_222329_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Screenshot_20200213_222308_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Screenshot_20200213_222227_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Screenshot_20200213_222211_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Screenshot_20200213_222156_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Screenshot_20200213_222028_com.sega.soccer.jpg

Edited by NJGreen