Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Recommend a podcast

Rob

This may fall flat on its face, but I thought we could do a ‘recommend a podcast’ thread so we can see if there’s anything we are missing out on. Essentially, you recommend one podcast, giving its name and brief description. ObviouslY each recommendation may not be in a genre you enjoy, so please play nicely. 

You can return at a later date with another podcast, but just one at a time in each post as to not overwhelm folk.

THE PODCASTS DO NOT NEED TO BE ABOUT FOOTBALL.

So one I would recommend is ‘Something to Wrestle With Bruce Prichard’. Bruce has been a senior member of the WWF/E wrestling brand on and off for decades and in this podcast Bruce abs the host Conrad Thompson, who is fabulous, discuss certain topics, with Bruce relaying plenty of behind the scenes knowledge and cracking stories... some of which I’m not entirely sure are true. It’s great in that it’s not an interview show with a different guest each week, but instead it’s a proper behind the curtain peak at what the world of grappling is really like. 

I listen to 15-20 podcasts basically weekly (there are some I'm more episode picky with TBF). I'm allowed headphones at work so most nights I have 6-8 hours of podcasts lined up to keep me going. 

I've kind of fallen off football ones this season though, not sure why but I've just stopped enjoying alot of them. Anyway I'll suggest 

Radio Free Nintendo - I've been listening to this as long as I can remember, I've seen hosts come and go and I've got to the point where if I see former host guest appearing it's exciting lol, yet I love these guys. Jonathan Metts leaving was an emotional rollercoaster, one of those I know where I was when it happened moments. It's basically 4 lads chatting as mates about news, what they've been playing and listener mail (I've had a few read out even). James takes alittle getting used to but once you're used to him the rest is easy going and he's likely my favourite member. It's basically because I've these guys Nintendo World Report is my Nintendo news site or choice. They got me through the terrible WiiU era and they've helped add to the excitement of the Switch with their knowledgeable and interesting conversations, it's easily my favourite podcast and the one I save for when I need it or can listen to it without being interrupted. 

23 minutes ago, Rob said:

This may fall flat on its face, but I thought we could do a ‘recommend a podcast’ thread so we can see if there’s anything we are missing out on. Essentially, you recommend one podcast, giving its name and brief description. ObviouslY each recommendation may not be in a genre you enjoy, so please play nicely. 

You can return at a later date with another podcast, but just one at a time in each post as to not overwhelm folk.

THE PODCASTS DO NOT NEED TO BE ABOUT FOOTBALL.

So one I would recommend is ‘Something to Wrestle With Bruce Prichard’. Bruce has been a senior member of the WWF/E wrestling brand on and off for decades and in this podcast Bruce abs the host Conrad Thompson, who is fabulous, discuss certain topics, with Bruce relaying plenty of behind the scenes knowledge and cracking stories... some of which I’m not entirely sure are true. It’s great in that it’s not an interview show with a different guest each week, but instead it’s a proper behind the curtain peak at what the world of grappling is really like. 

I’ve been meaning to give that a listen to, does sound very good and will be giving it a go.

I watched the new days podcast on Spotify lately and I’ve enjoyed them, there good funny blokes.

I also enjoy Peter Crouch podcasts, good listen.

I don’t listen to as many as I used too, need to get back in to it.

The ones where Stone Cold reviews old PPVs or matches is brilliant, I remember his one verse the Rock the most as an insightful show. 

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

The ones where Stone Cold reviews old PPVs or matches is brilliant, I remember his one verse the Rock the most as an insightful show. 

Yeah they are brilliant! To be fair I love anything with Stone Cold 😁

A listen to lots of podcasts, especially when working at home (Joys of Covid) but worth a list is the Football Manager Show - the Athletic, it is for the PC/Mac version, but did interview Miles Jacobson in the first episode about the game in general.

I do like a good podcast, but struggle to find time for them at the mo. Can't focus at all (on the subject or on the work) if listening during work. 

My main topic (but I'll be back for others cos i appreciate this may not be popular) is NBA basketball, and my one essential is the No Dunks podcast - 5 good old friends who started at the bottom and built a great following, good basketball knowledge plus plenty of entertaining tangents :)