Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat VAR almost always rules out a goal

Anders

Does everyone else find that VAR almost always rules out a goal? One match recently I had 3 goals disallowed. It's also rare for opposition goals to be reviewed by VAR.

The players seem to know the VAR result before it's announced, e.g. VAR decision for free kicks vs pen they are already lining up. To be fair, I'm fine with that as it speeds things up.

Screenshot_2021-01-24-21-18-30-714_com.sega.score.jpg

VAR will allow a goal to stand maybe 5% of the time in my experience, which matches up with real life pretty well (unless the goal should be chalked off, then it always stands). And yes, there will be some blatantly offside goals scored against you that won't even be reviewed, and times where the commentator disagrees with the call on the field. It is realistic, despite being annoying. 

In the 4/5 seasons I've played in FMM21, I've yet to have a VAR decision allow a goal to stand, either for/against my team.

In FMM20 in 9/10 seasons, it happened once where a VAR decision allowed a goal to stand.

Definitely seems like a bug to me.

It's just not random, 99% of the time it's disallowed which makes any call frustrating as we always know the outcome. It's a double whammy as not only do we have the disappointment of not scoring but also the time waste of waiting for something to play out we know the outcome of. Sure it's a couple seconds but it does imo make matches drag when we know the outcome and a few seconds over hundreds of matches does add up over time. 

The VAR will give a goal maybe one every 100, maybe. În one save of 22 seasons I only got 2 goals given and I had 3400 goals in that career. 

The thing that I hate the most is that the big differences between you and the opposition... 

On 26/01/2021 at 14:13, hhooo said:

VAR will allow a goal to stand maybe 5% of the time in my experience, which matches up with real life pretty well (unless the goal should be chalked off, then it always stands). And yes, there will be some blatantly offside goals scored against you that won't even be reviewed, and times where the commentator disagrees with the call on the field. It is realistic, despite being annoying. 

5% doesn't tally with stats I've seen. It's great to know I'm not the only one! 🤪

From ESPN

• Total overturns: 71    
  • Rejected overturns: 3   
  • Leading to goals: 21 

What seems particularly unrealistic to me is that it's almost always my goals being reviewed, and almost never the opposition. The volume of reviews is also too high compared to reality.

Edited by Anders
7 minutes ago, Anders said:

5% doesn't tally with stats I've seen. It's great to know I'm not the only one! 🤪

From ESPN

• Total overturns: 71    
  • Rejected overturns: 3   
  • Leading to goals: 21 

What seems particularly unrealistic to me is that it's almost always my goals being reviewed, and almost never the opposition. The volume of reviews is also too high compared to reality.

That second bit is just confirmation bias and or sampling bias. You, being the player, likely score something like ten times the goals you concede. Of course the reviews will almost always be on your goals. 

On 29/01/2021 at 14:35, hhooo said:

That second bit is just confirmation bias and or sampling bias. You, being the player, likely score something like ten times the goals you concede. Of course the reviews will almost always be on your goals. 

I don't think it's confirmation bias. I'm just as interested in goals against as for. I'm aware of VAR either way, and since it's so rare for opposition goals to be reviewed, I believe I'd notice those more.

I see your point about sampling, so thought I'd see what stats there are. Sadly my rate is about 5 to 1. In 189 goals conceed there have been I believe 2 reviews. That would imply about 9 to 10 reviews from 895 goals scored. Let's assume I've missed half the opposition reviews, so perhaps I should expect 20 reviews. I had 11 goals ruled out just this season so far. (I can't seem to find total goals scored this season. Anyone know if I can find that?)

Screenshot_2021-01-30-18-22-25-687_com.sega.score.jpg

Screenshot_2021-01-30-18-22-15-273_com.sega.score.jpg

Screenshot_2021-01-30-18-19-36-739_com.sega.score.jpg

Screenshot_2021-01-30-18-19-32-259_com.sega.score.jpg

Screenshot_2021-01-30-18-19-09-238_com.sega.score.jpg

Screenshot_2021-01-30-18-18-44-509_com.sega.score.jpg

Screenshot_2021-01-30-18-18-30-792_com.sega.score.jpg

Screenshot_2021-01-30-18-18-22-109_com.sega.score.jpg

Screenshot_2021-01-30-18-17-40-515_com.sega.score.jpg

Screenshot_2021-01-30-18-17-19-306_com.sega.score.jpg

Screenshot_2021-01-30-18-17-04-887_com.sega.score.jpg

Edited by Anders

This just happened to me. My team is Zaragoza (2nd division team) vs Bilbao (1st division team) 

They got 2 disallowed goals from VAR so maybe is down to who is more likely to win the game, that one is more prone to get goals disallowed by VAR

Screenshot_20210201_100310_com.sega.score.jpg