Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Changing Zebre's Stripes - The Fabled Number 10 Challenge

Kev has rocked up in Turin, giving the big "look at my trophies, see what I have achieved" to wow the press and fans of the Old Lady, intending to set his authority from the outset.

A cocky reporter from 
Gazzetta dello Sport, jumps in to challenge Kev's knowledge of Italian culture and language.

If they had done their homework, they would have realised that Kev had done night school Italian gaining a grade B!

Further impressing, Kev promises of building the team on a solid defence, progressive build up play and bringing in youth to progress within the structure of I Bianconeri.

Little do they know that waiting behind the black and white wall screens that Kev is sat in front of to face the media, is his "big" new signing, the new Liam Brady! Kev is so sure of himself, that he is willing to bring a player from lower Premier League obscurity and turn him into one of the best number 10s Juve has ever had.

The big reveal happens and there is stunned silence, chi e lui they all shout, with only the occasional person with an in depth knowledge of other leagues realising that this is Jeff Hendrick, previously released on a free transfer from Burnley. Promising that Kev is the extra special one and is able to turn water into a fine Chianti, he asks to be judged at the end of the season.

The room is less than impressed.  Kev faces Jeff and they pose for the photoshoot which will signify the start of their journey with Juventus

Ladies and Gentlemen we present you the new Liam Brady - 

This career thread will be my attempt at the The Fabled Number 10 Challenge.

Please have a look at @gunnersaur's very fine attempt and example setting.

Edited by SK15Kev
typo
5 hours ago, Rich said:

I love the sound of this challenge and looks very enjoyable. Good luck mate 👍

Thanks think I will need it :)

Best of luck man ... What's this about doing night school I went over with 1 line of Italian 😂 "Andiamo fratello, non Mastroianni tutti i funyuns" worked like a charm ... spent 14 of the 15 minutes during half time saying that 😂

Been making slow progress on this.
Spent a lot of time restructuring squad and thinking ahead for funding big players to dominate Europe in the upcoming years.  I'm buying up a few British players with the thought that after Brexit their value should go up and be sellable back to the premier league.

Hendrick finally retrained to an AMC.
IMG_2168.thumb.PNG.205bdf612f07a971fc359e9f30660e24.PNG

Be careful second season! My main targets wouldn't come to Juve and the guy I did go with isn't really ready for the step up in my system. But I'm also doing it alongside other challenges that take the focus off my AM a bit. 

I'm in Feb now and just after transfer window closed, my #1 choice to take the Platini role became unsettled.  Luckily I had the funds to dive in there to pick him up, so he will make his appearance in the summer transfer window.

Any guesses who it is?

I have still to play out the Euro Championships later as Italy national manager.  Got
as far as the qualifying round and have Sweden up next, they also tend to be difficult in FMM.

Anywhere this is how the year ended up with Juventus and Hendrick.  Will do all the rest before starting the new season.

Hendrick

Spoiler

20 Goals and 10 assists is okay, he seemed to waste so many chances that it was really frustrating.  Amazing how popular he is at the club and the relationships he has built.  They wont take well to him leaving
1141156260_Hendrickoverview.thumb.PNG.50dbb3084c73b91861f02e83ccc4f143.PNG1476083901_HendrickHistory.thumb.PNG.2de4b995875b3f54c838e0ce5a5c44e3.PNG

Overview screen to see league and cups etc. A good season

Spoiler

Overview.thumb.PNG.6d43d556c96af86cef442c1ff3da549d.PNG

2 hours ago, SK15Kev said:

👏🏆

He's willing to come to Juve? Had zero interest in returning in my save. Make your mind up, Paul! 

39 minutes ago, hhooo said:

He's willing to come to Juve? Had zero interest in returning in my save. Make your mind up, Paul! 

He begged me to take him!  😀

Here is the rest of the stuff

Season 2 Platini is the returning hero Paul Pogba.

1350045219_Pogbaprofile.thumb.PNG.aa8dbf358d20c503c23139eba78f07d7.PNG96956326_Pogbasigning.thumb.PNG.b81cd426c23595e3317a69cc19c693e4.PNG

the other stuff

Spoiler

Transfers - yes indeed we got Sancho too!
Been doing a big dump of players on high wages.
Transfers.thumb.PNG.fd2613017ffe23537bab855396caf8b4.PNG
194296531_transfers2.thumb.PNG.e40c4c709c554716c88b6373b7c072ed.PNG

Best 11 from last year
768428353_Juvebest11.thumb.PNG.fdc712343052160cbcb1c61b57364f91.PNG

10 minutes ago, Rob said:

Love that your best eleven has your three midfielders and AM all in the wrong positions, haha.

Ha yes, never sure about those. 
Arthur who got most assists, but not high ratings also didn't feature there.

Kulusevski was by far the best player in the team, but was always chosen 2nd to Hendrick.

Oh and I got sacked from the Italy job for losing in the Euro quarter finals on penalties against Belgium!  So cruel.