Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yeah, I'm really excited that it's being included in Ulitmate Game Pass from launch too! Means I don't have to actually go out of my way to buy it on steam, as I just signed up once for $1 for my subscription for Ultimate Game Pass for both PC and XBox (and then use microsoft rewards to pay for the subscription fee)

Disappointed by this. 

I haven't played full FM for years, it's far too in depth and I simply don't have the time. 

I got really into FM Mobile this year, so will probably just stick to this version going forward. 

I feel like there's only really the financial side of things that needs to be more in depth in order for it to have pretty much everything you need in an FM game. 

2 minutes ago, CJ_Randell said:

I feel like there's only really the financial side of things that needs to be more in depth in order for it to have pretty much everything you need in an FM game. 

I have to disagree on this one. FMM should be a simple grab and play game. Having more in depth finance will make it us have to take more time to plan and play the season.

42 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

I have to disagree on this one. FMM should be a simple grab and play game. Having more in depth finance will make it us have to take more time to plan and play the season.

I don't think it needs to be too in depth. 

Rather than just saying: Rich and giving you your transfer budget. 

Show the bank balance, an overview of incoming and outgoings and then what your budget is. 

Similar to what you had on older Champ Man games. 

10 minutes ago, CJ_Randell said:

I don't think it needs to be too in depth. 

Rather than just saying: Rich and giving you your transfer budget. 

Show the bank balance, an overview of incoming and outgoings and then what your budget is. 

Similar to what you had on older Champ Man games. 

I'd agree with that. A similar style of "bank balance screen" to the old 90s Champ man games would work

13 minutes ago, geordiekrispy said:

I'd agree with that. A similar style of "bank balance screen" to the old 90s Champ man games would work

Yeah. It might help influence some decisions. If I can sell a player for 'x' amount and that would put me in a better financial position I'd be more likely to do it. 

As it is I could sell a player and it might have no impact on the clubs financial position and there's no way of knowing. 

I've never really understood the need for a financial breakdown tbf, we get cash based on performance and player sales. We do well we get a bigger kitty and so on, I just don't see what seeing "this million came from TV rights" and "this million from hotdog sales" really adds to the  game. The figure at the bottom is still the only one that matters. 

We're simulating football managers, not chairmen. It's not like anything we can do outside or success and player sales can increase the budget, unless you want a mini game where we're agreeing sponsorship deals which isn't the  managers job. 

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I've never really understood the need for a financial breakdown tbf, we get cash based on performance and player sales. We do well we get a bigger kitty and so on, I just don't see what seeing "this million came from TV rights" and "this million from hotdog sales" really adds to the  game. The figure at the bottom is still the only one that matters. 

We're simulating football managers, not chairmen. It's not like anything we can do outside or success and player sales can increase the budget, unless you want a mini game where we're agreeing sponsorship deals which isn't the  managers job. 

I understand your point, but I feel a little bit more info would be nice. Not really needed. If you do well in a cup you can get more money as you progress. I don't think the transfer budget scales quite right as you move up the leagues though.
But do you really want it to replicate the massive gap in terms of cash between the Premier League and the Championship for example? Yes it would me more realistic, but I can't imagine anyone actually likes the fact that there's such bag gap?

1 minute ago, geordiekrispy said:

I understand your point, but I feel a little bit more info would be nice. Not really needed. If you do well in a cup you can get more money as you progress. I don't think the transfer budget scales quite right as you move up the leagues though.
But do you really want it to replicate the massive gap in terms of cash between the Premier League and the Championship for example? Yes it would me more realistic, but I can't imagine anyone actually likes the fact that there's such bag gap?

For how easy something simple would be to implement and for how often it's requested I'm shocked it's not in the game tbf, I just don't personally see the appeal. 

If they want to add figures into the game I'd go all down the stats route as I've said before. Make FMM stand out as its own thing as a stat based game, imagine detailed player and match stats that are stored so we can actually use them. It would instantly improve the game and give us the details to make informed decisions. 

Genuinely gutted at this. Playing Touch on my tablet and playing the Swedish 2nd Divisions was what made get right into Touch. But means I will pay more attention to Mobile this year.