Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM24 General Discussion

FuddledFox

26 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

Good to see the changes this season have at least enhanced people's enjoyment of the game.

I stuck to the boycott and still loving the console version.

What's it like on there buddy? I have the PS5 and the Nintendo switch, lads at work have the IOS version, and tbf, it looks mint 

11 minutes ago, leedsunited87 said:

What's it like on there buddy? I have the PS5 and the Nintendo switch, lads at work have the IOS version, and tbf, it looks mint 

It's really good! I'm enjoying how much more tactical you can be with your style of play and it's not as complex as the full version, which used to start to bore me after a while. Just the right balance.

Wishing I'd made the move earlier really. The Netflix thing just gave me that final nudge to do it.

2 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

It's really good! I'm enjoying how much more tactical you can be with your style of play and it's not as complex as the full version, which used to start to bore me after a while. Just the right balance.

Wishing I'd made the move earlier really. The Netflix thing just gave me that final nudge to do it.

You on the ps5? I can do remote play at work you see. Never get time at home, only thing that puts me off is the logos. Yeah pretty much as last years mate, still easy 😄 

27 minutes ago, leedsunited87 said:

You on the ps5? I can do remote play at work you see. Never get time at home, only thing that puts me off is the logos. Yeah pretty much as last years mate, still easy 😄 

No I'm playing it on an Xbox S series. Runs extremely well.

Only issue I have is stopping myself becoming completely immersed in it because it wouldn't take much 😁

19 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

No I'm playing it on an Xbox S series. Runs extremely well.

Only issue I have is stopping myself becoming completely immersed in it because it wouldn't take much 😁

Ah that's good to hear buddy. 😊 is it still limited to 30 seasons? 

6 minutes ago, leedsunited87 said:

Ah that's good to hear buddy. 😊 is it still limited to 30 seasons? 

Not sure.

Haven't got that far 🤣

I watched zealand video be4, he said we shouldnt tick any final third options if that player role have mission to do it, so if i play a lot playmakers, should i tick work into box?

Lads I would like to ask how do you create a tactic for a team and start performance well with it. I have tried the recommeneded tactics but they never seem to work and I also do struggle with team talks. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it

It sounds obvious but the biggest part of any tactic is having the right players to fit it. Even so called plug and play tactics. Recruitment is more important than tactics but it’s better to find a tactic that fits your team, than to pick a tactic and then try and shoehorn players into it. 

It's only like RL tho if you think about it, look at Lampard, world class player, S**** manager. Same with man City manager, has world class players at his club, but I highly doubt he would cut it at say League 2 level without the players and the money City have. He has 1 of the deadliest strikers in the world. How would he cope with say Sam Vokes up front? I always say in FM, start from the bottom and work your way up, it's alot easier on FM, as you get that right tactic and ovs the right players, your laughing 

Hello everyone!
I was thinking of starting to play FMM24.
Last year I played a lot of FMM23... I loved it, BUT there was a serious flaw that eventually made me quit, and it was the AI squad building over the years.
It was so terrible that at one point I bought the editor to manually "pump up" all the players of the big European clubs every transfer window to keep the challenge high... But you can imagine how much time it took, and in the end, that's what made me stop playing.

So I wanted to ask you... Has anyone of you gone far enough into the future with your save? Can you tell me if this aspect of the game has improved with the new edition, or is it still the same?

Hello, I would like to know if there is a post that explains each important trait for each position? I can't find it through the search. Thank you.

Me and my friend are trying to play FM drafts but it keeps telling us we are entering the incorrect password every time, no matter how many times we restart. To clarify, we are not entering the wrong passwords haha!

On 27/03/2024 at 22:00, LuMuja said:

Hello everyone!
I was thinking of starting to play FMM24.
Last year I played a lot of FMM23... I loved it, BUT there was a serious flaw that eventually made me quit, and it was the AI squad building over the years.
It was so terrible that at one point I bought the editor to manually "pump up" all the players of the big European clubs every transfer window to keep the challenge high... But you can imagine how much time it took, and in the end, that's what made me stop playing.

So I wanted to ask you... Has anyone of you gone far enough into the future with your save? Can you tell me if this aspect of the game has improved with the new edition, or is it still the same?

I’ve gotten to 2034 in a couple of saves and it still is pretty bad. Once you hit 6-8 season, the big teams rarely spend big and buy random average players. 

On 27/03/2024 at 18:46, mihhasd said:

Lads I would like to ask how do you create a tactic for a team and start performance well with it. I have tried the recommeneded tactics but they never seem to work and I also do struggle with team talks. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it

With team talks, if your players are nervous versing the opponent, be relaxed. If you are versing a worse opponent or your players are fired up, be demanding. At halftime, if you are winning big, be upbeat. If you are winning by a goal, be satisfied and if you are losing, be unhappy. These work best for me.

Does anyone know why when I try to sing players, clubs negotiate at ridiculously high prices yet when other clubs bid for my players, clubs only negotiate very close to value? If anyone knows how to fix this if there is a fix that would be great.

The final data update is out…

The changes in this update include, but are not limited to:

•    Updated transfer data for late-closing windows
•    Updated some player pictures
•    Fixed an occasional achievement-related crash
•    Fixed freeze that could occur after deleting a career
•    Fixed a retirement-related issue
•    Fixed a player relationship issue after the player leaves the club
•    Fixed an issue that could cause instability rarely during international matches
•    Fixed rare issues that could sometimes arise on the next match page when no scouts present
•    Fixed erroneous #person1 tag in news item
•    Added explanations in certain situations where user actions were not available
•    Fixed issue that could allow Bilbao to bid for non-Basque players
•    Fixed wrong text relating to manager’s reputation in Dangers of Capitalism news item
•    Fixed issue where buying a player on loan to you would cancel any mentoring
•    Fixed issue where cancelling/confirming training popup could return to the wrong screen
•    Fixed player card occasionally getting the player’s strongest position wrong
•    Fixed Disable Screen Swipe sometimes not working properly

On 09/04/2024 at 15:45, SilentArcher17 said:

Does anyone know why when I try to sing players, clubs negotiate at ridiculously high prices yet when other clubs bid for my players, clubs only negotiate very close to value? If anyone knows how to fix this if there is a fix that would be great.

It works both ways, mate. If there are clubs try to buy player you need, will you negotiate the price very close to his value? I don't think so. You will surely try to negotiate a value much more than his stated value.

On 27/03/2024 at 14:46, mihhasd said:

1. Know what you want

2. See if your own players have what it takes to do what you want

3. If they can't, proceed to point 4. If they can, always watch the match in the slowest speed as possible so you can see how they perform on the field with formations & roles given to them.

4. Adapt. Change what you want into something else that suits your current players better, or buy new players that can do what you want.

About team talks, depends heavily on the team's personalities. A team with strong character players can handle stronger reaction from their manager, while a team with weak character players needs softer approach.

One other important thing is to look at the match odd. If your team is expected to win comfortably, don't be satisfied with 1 goal margin (but still, you have to look back at the team's personalities to know if you better give them negative talks to encourage them, or a pat on their back).

As you can see, it's complicated to explain all about it. So, trial and error is still the best way. Manage a club for a couple of seasons, learn your lessons, then start again with the SAME team.

17 hours ago, Blancos said:

It works both ways, mate. If there are clubs try to buy player you need, will you negotiate the price very close to his value? I don't think so. You will surely try to negotiate a value much more than his stated value.

I know what @SilentArcher17 is saying though. In previous versions clubs were much much more willing to negotiate than in FMM24.

In FMM24, most of the time if they offer £20M for your player, then the most they will pay is £20M. You might get them to £22M if you're lucky. Occasionally you will get a club willing to negotiate more, but it's really rare. 

In previous versions you could negotiate to anywhere from £22M to £38M for that player, depending on how bad the other club wanted them. These days it's really a "take it or leave it" approach from the other clubs in the vast majority of cases.

I think the change was made to make sure other clubs stay within their budgets and don't spend money they don't have, which is a sensible change to make BUT it makes the game feel both unrealistic and frustrating. Unrealistic because when Chelsea are saying "nope, £20M is all we can afford" it's a long way from real life 😀 and frustrating because it does end up where selling clubs will always make you negotiate, but buying clubs will never negotiate. 

It feels like the balance is wrong. cc @Marc Vaughan in case this can be looked at for FMM25.

Posted (edited)
On 11/04/2024 at 10:38, Scratch said:

depending on how bad the other club wanted them.

I see that it's been always like that, and that's realistic. If I want a player so bad, I'll consider and expect much more to pay than his value, just like if someone else want my player that bad. For example, I only have Mendy as my good LB. Other clubs wanna buy him for 70s M (thrice his current value), I asked for 100 M and locked it there. In my mind, if I let go of Mendy, I have to afford Frimpong or Hakimi or Kimmich etc. That 100 M will surely help me to get them. "Pay that 100, or leave", it's that simple to me. There's nothing wrong with that. It's a very basic "who wants something more, pay more". Like I've mentioned, it works both ways. Therefore I understand if other clubs do the same thing to me.

I just can't believe that we need cheaper means to buy great players, when I often saw people buying Bellingham, Vini, Osimhen, and Haaland in the same team while it's not even 5 years into the game yet 🤷‍♂️.

Edited by Blancos
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Blancos said:

I see that it's been always like that, and that's realistic. If I want a player so bad, I'll consider and expect much more to pay than his value, just like if someone else want my player that bad. For example, I only have Mendy as my good LB. Other clubs wanna buy him for 70s M (thrice his current value), I asked for 100 M and locked it there. In my mind, if I let go of Mendy, I have to afford Frimpong or Hakimi or Kimmich etc. That 100 M will surely help me to get them. "Pay that 100, or leave", it's that simple to me. There's nothing wrong with that. It's a very basic "who wants something more, pay more". Like I've mentioned, it works both ways. Therefore I understand if other clubs do the same thing to me.

I just can't believe that we need cheaper means to buy great players, when I often saw people buying Bellingham, Vini, Osimhen, and Haaland in the same team while it's not even 5 years into the game yet 🤷‍♂️.

Yeah, I agree with you, but we're talking about selling a player to another club, not buying one. 

The problem is that in FMM24, if I want to buy a good player from club X then I will have to pay a lot more than market value (fair enough). But if club X wants to but a similar player from me, they won't pay any more than their initial offer (maybe a tiny bit more, but only 1M or so). 

It should be roughly the same. I don't mind having to pay a lot more for players as long as other club are willing to negotiate when they want my players. And in FMM23 and before they would. But not in FMM24. 

And it's not just the fact they won't negotiate - it's really hard to get any interest in your players at all. I tried to get some screenshots showing how clubs won't negotiate using Man City, but guess what? Man City can't give players away. No one wants to buy them because their wages are too high, even if you offer them out for $0, as all of these players were:

image.png.0f3f7c8cbfe1e0d941f3410df9242f69.png

image.png.c7889386ccd88caf15674a24936d8247.png

image.png.136ce4d52e92b99aecc77f93fad53f4f.png

image.png.a129beafab45c3a719b67010cd81248b.png

Yes, Haaland's wage is really really high, but is it realistic that no other club would even make an offer if he's free? Even if just to talk to him to see if he's interested? And no-one would take Foden on a free if his salary was £130K a week? And Doku is only 40K, surely some club would take him for free?

The only player I had any interest when offering a player out for free was Rico Lewis - I got the message that Chelsea was interested, but they never made a bid...

To be fair, I tried Napoli and Man City would negotiate for Oshimen - He was worth £82M, they offered £78M, but they negotiated up to his £103M release clause. That's the sort of behaviour I would expect, but it is a rarity in FMM24. At least in my experience. 

Anyway, the selling side of things feels like it's balance is wrong.

Edited by Scratch
Posted (edited)
On 12/04/2024 at 21:31, Scratch said:

Yeah, I agree with you, but we're talking about selling a player to another club, not buying one. 

The problem is that in FMM24, if I want to buy a good player from club X then I will have to pay a lot more than market value (fair enough). But if club X wants to but a similar player from me, they won't pay any more than their initial offer (maybe a tiny bit more, but only 1M or so). 

It should be roughly the same. I don't mind having to pay a lot more for players as long as other club are willing to negotiate when they want my players. And in FMM23 and before they would. But not in FMM24. 

Like I said: It works both ways. You sell, they sell, you buy, they buy, doesn't matter. It works BOTH WAYS. If they really need your player specifically, they'll buy double or even triple the value. Works exactly like if you want their SPECIFIC player. So, the question you must ask is: do they really need YOUR player, or do they just need ANY player who's good at that position (your player is not that special for them, or there are might be another, better options for them)?

On 12/04/2024 at 21:31, Scratch said:

And it's not just the fact they won't negotiate - it's really hard to get any interest in your players at all. I tried to get some screenshots showing how clubs won't negotiate using Man City, but guess what? Man City can't give players away. No one wants to buy them because their wages are too high, even if you offer them out for $0, as all of these players were:

image.png.0f3f7c8cbfe1e0d941f3410df9242f69.png

image.png.c7889386ccd88caf15674a24936d8247.png

image.png.136ce4d52e92b99aecc77f93fad53f4f.png

image.png.a129beafab45c3a719b67010cd81248b.png

Yes, Haaland's wage is really really high, but is it realistic that no other club would even make an offer if he's free? Even if just to talk to him to see if he's interested? And no-one would take Foden on a free if his salary was £130K a week? And Doku is only 40K, surely some club would take him for free?

The only player I had any interest when offering a player out for free was Rico Lewis - I got the message that Chelsea was interested, but they never made a bid...

To be fair, I tried Napoli and Man City would negotiate for Oshimen - He was worth £82M, they offered £78M, but they negotiated up to his £103M release clause. That's the sort of behaviour I would expect, but it is a rarity in FMM24. At least in my experience. 

Anyway, the selling side of things feels like it's balance is wrong.

What can I say? It is very REALISTIC if other clubs might not act or think like you want them to. Like in real world, we can't force others to do anything that we think they should. We just don't know what they think or want, what affects their decision, etc.

If everything must bow to your logic, there would be tons of offer send to Mbappe right now as he's in Bosman ruling, right? Of course it's right. But what do we see? We only see Real Madrid doing it, and that's because the media is telling us that. We can argue that nobody calls him because he only wants Madrid, but that's also caused by media speculations. Like I said above: we just DON'T know what and how others think.

You can offer anything you want with any price, just like they can do it to you. You also can accept or ignore their offers with any reasons you can think of, so just let them accept or ignore your offers with any reasons they can think of. It is that simple.

Edited by Blancos
9 minutes ago, Blancos said:

Like I said: It works both ways. You sell, they sell, you buy, they buy, doesn't matter. It works BOTH WAYS. If they really need your player specifically, they'll buy double or even triple the value. Works exactly like if you want their SPECIFIC player. So, the question you must ask is: do they really need YOUR player, or do they just need ANY player who's good at that position (your player is just not that interesting in their eyes)?

Yeah, but it doesn't work both ways. Or maybe it does and it's just that no team ever really needs my player specifically. 

Either way, the end result is that in FMM24 (but not previous versions), I always have to pay double and other teams never pay double. There are a couple of exceptions to that rule, but the balance is noticeably different from pervious versions where clubs would actually negotiate. 

That's my experience. Maybe it has to do with the clubs you are managing. Which clubs are you playing as? Which players are you managing to sell where you can significantly negotiate upwards? How often can you significantly negotiate when selling vs when buying?

21 minutes ago, Blancos said:

If everything must bow to your logic, there would be tons of offer send to Mbappe right now as he's in Bosman ruling, right? Of course it's right. But what do we see? We only see Real Madrid doing it, and that's because the media is telling us that. We can argue that nobody calls him because he only wants Madrid, but that's also caused by media speculations. Like I said above: we just DON'T know what and how others think. So, I suggest, just accept if nobody wants to take your offer as what it is, an answer, and hit Continue.

I think we all agree that Mbappe has at least one offer in real life, right? And there were many reports of Liverpool making him an offer. And a Saudi club. 

As for what happens in game, I thought I'd see. I started a save as PSG and offered Mbappe out for £0 and got no takers. I transfer listed him and offered him out for £0 again and got no takers. I holidayed through the season. No club made him an offer once they were allowed to. He left the club once his contract expired. No one signed him and he spend a year on the sidelines. Eventually, after a full year out, he signed for Newcastle. Is it realistic that he spent a year out of the game, presumably because no-one wanted him specifically and could find other options? 

Anyway, this is a game, not real life, and although it should be based on realism, it also needs to make sure there is a reasonable experience for users. In this year's version it's both significantly harder to sell players (unless you use the loan hack) and to negotiate once an offer comes in. On the second part, it was probably too easy to negotiate in recent versions, so tightening it up makes sense, but I think they went too far and have the balance wrong.

If you're happy with the balance, that's great, but I'm not and think it can be improved.

9 hours ago, Blancos said:

Like I said: It works both ways. You sell, they sell, you buy, they buy, doesn't matter. It works BOTH WAYS. If they really need your player specifically, they'll buy double or even triple the value. Works exactly like if you want their SPECIFIC player. So, the question you must ask is: do they really need YOUR player, or do they just need ANY player who's good at that position (your player is not that special for them, or there are might be another, better options for them)?

What can I say? It is very REALISTIC if other clubs might not act or think like you want them to. Like in real world, we can't force others to do anything that we think they should. We just don't know what they think or want, what affects their decision, etc.

If everything must bow to your logic, there would be tons of offer send to Mbappe right now as he's in Bosman ruling, right? Of course it's right. But what do we see? We only see Real Madrid doing it, and that's because the media is telling us that. We can argue that nobody calls him because he only wants Madrid, but that's also caused by media speculations. Like I said above: we just DON'T know what and how others think.

You can offer anything you want with any price, just like they can do it to you. You also can accept or ignore their offers with any reasons you can think of, so just let them accept or ignore your offers with any reasons they can think of. It is that simple.

This I disagree. In current FMM version, it doesnt work both ways lol. In this version, even the big club wont allow you to negotiate up higher or pay above market value at all even for big clubs. Meanwhile, you need to 1.5-2x the price of the player you want.

So what if we don't know or don't have ideas of how the world works? It's a game, make it fun. Make big clubs buy players in high price. Why make it not fun and have everything be mute. You think behind the scene, no other club tried to buy Mbappe?  

Heck, if I want to sell great players at decent market value (0.8x and above). It's also very difficult in current state of the game because no one will buy. Imo, the current way the game set up its own market value is flawed and should probably be revised. 

The transfer negotiations this year have be fucking awful it all completely one way they only bid at for a player you don’t want to sell and the game expects you to take that, so you try and steal some with a percentage of resell and all of a sudden the offer is half and won’t go back up.

Same with contract I’ve just quit a save because my player wanted 1.8m in wage and 500k bonus, I could only afford 1.5m in wage but was offfering him 1.2m in bonus but he won’t accept 400k more in total than what he’s asking it’s just stupid whole game rather than an new feature an it’s NEW bugs I’d rather they went through an sorted out all the stupid little faults that make the game unplayable 

On 16/04/2024 at 07:10, Scratch said:

Yeah, but it doesn't work both ways. Or maybe it does and it's just that no team ever really needs my player specifically. 

Either way, the end result is that in FMM24 (but not previous versions), I always have to pay double and other teams never pay double. There are a couple of exceptions to that rule, but the balance is noticeably different from pervious versions where clubs would actually negotiate. 

That's my experience. Maybe it has to do with the clubs you are managing. Which clubs are you playing as? Which players are you managing to sell where you can significantly negotiate upwards? How often can you significantly negotiate when selling vs when buying?

I think we all agree that Mbappe has at least one offer in real life, right? And there were many reports of Liverpool making him an offer. And a Saudi club. 

As for what happens in game, I thought I'd see. I started a save as PSG and offered Mbappe out for £0 and got no takers. I transfer listed him and offered him out for £0 again and got no takers. I holidayed through the season. No club made him an offer once they were allowed to. He left the club once his contract expired. No one signed him and he spend a year on the sidelines. Eventually, after a full year out, he signed for Newcastle. Is it realistic that he spent a year out of the game, presumably because no-one wanted him specifically and could find other options? 

Anyway, this is a game, not real life, and although it should be based on realism, it also needs to make sure there is a reasonable experience for users. In this year's version it's both significantly harder to sell players (unless you use the loan hack) and to negotiate once an offer comes in. On the second part, it was probably too easy to negotiate in recent versions, so tightening it up makes sense, but I think they went too far and have the balance wrong.

If you're happy with the balance, that's great, but I'm not and think it can be improved.

I always play Real Madrid since CM days  nothing else. I've got offers for Benzema, Cristiano, Marcelo, Higuain, and so on, at least double their values back then. In current FMM, I've got some for Mendy and Lunin, also doubled  (I only play 2 seasons at the most, before restarting again). In all of those cases, those clubs are the initiators, ALWAYS. Not mine. That's the key "who needs who".

That kind of offers doesn't come everyday, of course. It may not come for every season even. But it's there. You just have to be lucky enough to have an out of this world player, AND a desperate buyer who happen to love him (and only him), who also happen to have enough money, and also have space in their roster, and so on, and so on. If it doesn't happen to you, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

You think like you've never sell anything in your life, bro. It's a simple demand vs supply. If other clubs really want your player, and you don't need to sell him, it's you who get the bargaining power. You've set the price, and say to them "take it or leave it".

And that's EXACTLY what always happen the other way around. We really want Player X. His club doesn't wanna sell or put him in transfer list, but you make the offer anyway. Guess what happen next? They RAISE the price as high as they want, and say to you "take it or leave it". They got bargaining power, because in that case, you need them MORE than they need you!

If you can't grasp the idea as simple as that, and keep forcing your own agenda against any commonality, I rest my case, bro. Think whatever you want however you want, as you wish 👍.