Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic The Transfer Thread

Ashez

"Future star" Pogba is on his way to Juve, looks like Jay and Patrick overhyped him.

How? He is a future star no matter where he goes? Unless you're saying if he leaves United for Juve he'll turn out terrible? I'm the WUM? Sorry Dec but stuff like that really gets under my skin

Inb4 United fans claim he's a mercenary, he supports Juve so he's naturally going to want to play there

Evra's performances second half of the season have been immense, but for a 31 y/o to play 50/60 games p/a and do as much running as Pat does is a big ask, if Baines was to come in, by the time he was 31 Fáb would be 25 and approaching his prime, plus Fáb's going on loan next season so having only one first team experienced left back would be questionable at best

"Future star" Pogba is on his way to Juve, looks like Jay and Patrick overhyped him.

How? He is a future star no matter where he goes? Unless you're saying if he leaves United for Juve he'll turn out terrible? I'm the WUM? Sorry Dec but stuff like that really gets under my skin

I am saying you were heralding him as the next future star for United saying he will break into the first team and be an amazing player for you. Obviously Fergie disagrees with your hype else he wouldn't sell them, that's two and two making four for you.

No, Ferguson said that Pogba would become a key player if he decided to stay, AND he offered Pogba a contract which the agent accepted worth allegedly £40k p/w, and he would become a star if he stays, and if he (likely) leaves then he will become a star at Juve, he's too good and focused not to

That's fair enough then. What do you think about you not being a "rich" club then but trying to spend £32m on Hazard when your competition bonuses would have been less this year - Chelsea made a few £100m from winning the Champions League?

That's fair enough then. What do you think about you not being a "rich" club then but trying to spend £32m on Hazard

We are the most valuable club in the world, of course we're rich? Read the red text in my sig, we have over 500,000,000 fans. Who said we weren't, Bill Gates? :P

That's fair enough then. What do you think about you not being a "rich" club then but trying to spend £32m on Hazard

We are the most valuable club in the world, of course we're rich? Read the red text in my sig, we have over 500,000,000 fans. Who said we weren't, Bill Gates? :P

You seem quick to criticise City/Chelsea's spending but you are in the same situation as them, why not criticise that? It is unethical to spend so much money in truth while football clubs could take 10% of that and sustain themself in the football league for many years.

You seem quick to criticise City/Chelsea's spending but you are in the same situation as them, why not criticise that? It is unethical to spend so much money in truth while football clubs could take 10% of that and sustain themself in the football league for many years.

The difference is, clubs like Manchester United and Arsenal sustain themselves on their own money. Here's a stat: the Glazers have taken £500m from United and invested nothing, while the Sheikh has given £930m to City and taken nothing, yet we were a whisker away from title number 20. If Abramovic or the Sheikh left Chelsea or City they would crumble, it's simply not their money no matter how you justify it. We DO sustain ourselves by ourselves, in spite of the Glazers, if the Glazers weren't here we could spend £100m a year and stay competitive (yet we wouldn't, and the proof is that we didn't before 2005).

Actually Roman converted investments into shares so we can sustain ourselves. If Roman goes or didn't invest then we'd get another one in due to share prices, that's the way football works now. Our money for transfers has actually mostly came from winning trophies and then loans from Roman which again were wiped out.

Yes but it was blind luck that he chose Chelsea, if he hadn't they wouldn't be anywhere near where they are now and you know it

We'd be dead as Ken Bates ran us to the edge of administration, though we did qualify for the Champions League in the season before Roman came in.

The Glazers have given as much money to United if not more than they have taken out. There are numerous reports showing that. When/if Roman leaves the likelyhood is that he will sell the club to someone with more money than him rather than the other way round. It is what happens at clubs.

Saying he chose Chelsea was blind luck is redic. Fergie was going to move to London after managing Scotland but he didn't want to move far away from his family but wanted to manage in the EPL and ended up at United. By your logic that is blind luck.

@Jay, note the key word 'if'. But there is still the very slim possibility of it happening.

Chelsea's last 5 finishes before Roman

1999 - Premier League -  3rd (75 points from 38 games)

2000 - Premier League -  5th (65 points from 38 games)

2001 - Premier League -  6th (61 points from 38 games)

2002 - Premier League -  6th (64 points from 38 games)

2003 - Premier League -  4th (67 points from 38 games)

All got us into Europe. But yeah we'll go with what Patrick said about us being nothing.

In the last 7 years arsenal have won squat but have qualified for Europe every season would you consider them a big team?

In which time you managed 2 trophies...hence why you were nothing.

In the years before that though we won the Europa League and UEFA Super Cup as well as the League Cup.

What years were they? As there's no UEFA Cup in your trophy cabinet and you haven't won the Europa League.

It was either the Super Cup or the Cup Winners' Cup.

The Cup winners Cup is the same as the Europa League. It was absorbed by the UEFA cup in 1999/2000 season. But the rules and entrants were exactly the same

I've never argued against that. If it was once called it then it was always be. If I were to stand up and say Madrid have won the Champions league nine times no-one would argue against that. They have won the Champions league three times and European cup six times btw

Your not under my skin I'm sitting munching my dinner with the same face as when I begun just making a point. You're arguing against my team and I will defend them

I am saying you were heralding him as the next future star for United saying he will break into the first team and be an amazing player for you. Obviously Fergie disagrees with your hype else he wouldn't sell them, that's two and two making four for you.

Your's and Paka's arguement is embarrasing so It might have been stated I don't know. We didn't sell Pogba. End of.

According to various Twitter Football Sources, Chelsea are going to bid 20M for Everton FC's Central Midfielder Marouane Fellaini :)

Oh and Botafogo are close to signing Clarence Seedorf on a free from Milan :)