Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2012 The Silent Partner.

Ashez

Amazing update. love the fact it was your won sock :P Agree with Lochlin, was laughing all the way through :)

Cheers mate, i'm glad it made you chuckle lol.

Season 4 – The Transfer Window:

logo-shropshire-star.jpg

After Micky Adams first press conference ended up with the manager being hospitalised things didn't exactly go to plan for the former Port Vale man.

But the transfer window seemed the perfect opportunity for Adams to shut the fans up and to show league one what he's all about. Former manager Graham Turner pulled of amazing deals such as the signing of Matthew Etherington from Stoke City.

We understand that the owner has currently pulled the plug on all investment into the club in hope the fans of Shrewsbury Town will start to respect his reign in charge. This doesn't mean Shrewsbury are short on funds though as Graham Turner left behind a healthy transfer budget from his time in charge of the club.

The window started quietly for the club with no players leaving but Adams did manage to attract some players to the club although none were of the ability the fans had hoped for.

The first player to join the club was David Perkins from Barnsley while Warren Commings joined from Bournemouth for a combined fee believed to be in the region of £140 thousand pounds.

b8e9a59e-494b-41a2-93e0-dd2554b264cc_c44c7b95-af58-49ac-80b4-4ebc77a87f52.jpg

The next two signings cost a lot more and were Wes Fletcher and Paul Mckenna from from Burnley and Hull City for a fee of around £575k.

Paul%20McKenna_633585397454375000.jpg

Not bad signings and they should help the club push forward but the fans are starting to get restless about the lack of youth joining the club with the youngest player in the squad being Tom Bradshaw who has been at the club since Roland Wycherley's ownership.

The present is looking good for Shrewsbury with a new management team in placed and some experienced faces joining the club but the lack of youth could mean the future of the club is in jeopardy.

Season 4 – Same Old Disappointment:

sky-sports-news-ipad-app-logo.jpg

Hello and welcome to Sky Sports News, we'll first be looking into the event which happened at Shrewsbury Town during the course of the last few months.

The season didn't get of to the best start when the Town fans reacted badly to the appointment of former Port Vale manager Micky Adams and things didn't look much better after the transfer window as yet another manager failed to deliver what the fans wanted....Exciting youth players!

Even though the bad blood between the manager and the fans was clear for everyone to see each party new they had a job to do and Adams past would easily be forgotten if a decent season was held under his management.

Come January the fans were neither impressed or disillusioned with the club sitting 15th in the table, it was a slight improvement on the season before under Graham Turners reign but the club was still not in contention for promotion.

Unfortunately for Adams the season was only going to get worse as Shrewsbury Town pressed the self destruct button and plummeted down the league and ended up finishing in 18th place. This was a slight improvement on last season but the fans were beginning to get restless.

Just like last year the problem was not winning enough games which largely came down to the fact Shrewsbury couldn't score. The formation of choice for Micky Adams was a 4-4-2 but playing 46 games and only scoring 46 goals certainly isn't good enough for a club with ambitions like Shrewsbury's.

Micky%20Adams.jpg

If you not scoring you best had be tight at the back...And well Shrewsbury were far from that as they leaked in 74 goals! These problems resulted in the club fighting for survival and ending with these disappointing stats – W:13 D:13 L:20.

If Adams thought he had a hard time last season lets just see what's in store when the he returns to pre season training.

We'd love to hear your views on the matter so please contact us on FMHVibe.co.uk, we'll be back after this quick commercial break.

As you say Ash, it's the views at count ;).

So it is ;)

I didn't see your update before - it's great (as usual :P)

No worries, cheers mate :)

Unlucky Micky :( you must still be pretty shaken up after your accident mate :( I'm sure That Rafa guy will be arrested an then you can sleep easy! Promotion next season Micky?

Haha, cheers mate.

I've just put Jeannot up for sale, to ensure he remains useful what ever fee i get for him will be ploughed into Shrewsbury Town!!

Hospitalized after being attacked with a wet sock? What a p***y!

I was right - Mr. X is a cheapo! :D

After such a terrible season, who's crazy now? :D

Hospitalized after being attacked with a wet sock? What a p***y!

I was right - Mr. X is a cheapo! :D

After such a terrible season, who's crazy now? :D

Well he doesn't look like " Muhammad "I'm hard" Bruce Lee" now does he?

(Anyone know what thats off?)

Well i've got to be cheap since i don't want to make it too easy now do i, you lot hate sugar daddy careers so i wont be one!! Haha.

Apart from your terrible season, this story has been brilliant! Keep it up!

Cheers mate, i hope it lives up to my Newcastle career for you :).

Season 5 – Same Old Shrewsbury:

setanta-sports-3932.jpg?w=700

After Micky Adams poor season last year the fans were expecting his departure to be finalised any day but amazingly the day never came and Adams was still in the post as the season began.

Although you could sense the nervousness around the club especially as the owner was again didn't make any funds available for the manager, is this because he's loosing faith in his appointment? I guess we'll never know but we have received this statement from him.

“Due to other commitments I have been unable to invest as much money as I would have liked into the club, as your all a where we are currently in a recession which has hit myself rather hard due to houses don't sell when people have no money...Especially in Portugal.

Anyway I'm getting away from the point, I've put the clubs future into perspective and I indeed feel I have invested enough into the club at this current time and I believe we should be in a better position. Its becoming a frustrating thing being a club owner because we are one of if not the wealthiest club in the league yet we can't match our financial muscle on the pitch with performances.

Many people wanted Micky Adams to leave the club but I stand by my decision that he's the right man for the job, and to show this I have offered him a new 5 year contract! I can ensure you I have the clubs best interests at heart and we are heading in the right direction.

Mr X.”

As you can see the fans didn't get what they wanted as the owner confirms Adams is here for the long run! Another season like the last one and Adams could be in serious trouble with the fans already restless but if he can match the owners expectations and gain promotion it could prove to be a shrewd move from the Portuguese estate agent.

In other news Shrewsbury Town did some meddling in the transfer window with two new faces joining the team while no one left the club for pastures new.

The first signing was Kurdish international Shwan Jalal who joined the club from Bournemouth for five thousand pounds. Shwan didn't exactly excite the fans since the club has seen my goalkeepers enter the club over recent years but Shwan does have some pedigree as his four seasons at Tottenham suggest. Although he wasn't able to make an appearance for the London club and soon left them to join Woking where he made over 100 appearances.

player_82365.jpg

The second transfer dealing was also a former youth player at Tottenham as Lee Barnard joins the club from Southampton for £675k. There is a lot of irony in this transfer as in lee's youth he scored his first career goal at the Gay Meadow against Shrewsbury Town whilst on loan at Stevenage. The fans celebrated this signing a lot more than Jalal and were generally excited about seeing him in the Blue shirt of Shrewsbury town as Lee was a handy forward back in his day where he managed to score 26 times for Southampton in 62 appearances.

_46185334_lee_barnard.jpg

Overall the fans were still upset no youth players were added to the squad and Bradshaw still remains the youngest player the on the books which is a worrying sign for any club, but it looks like the signing of star striker Lee Barnard has papered over the cracks for the time being.

Tom-Bradshaw-Shrewsbury_2520173.jpg

In all together different news the “wet sock bandit Sir Rafa” has been changed today for the assault on Micky Adams, the sentencing is that he'll be deported back to his asylum in Germany, but we don't expect that to stop him voicing his opinion in strange ways! As he has taken the his transportation to the airport he had this to say:

“Hospitalized? Hospitalized? Pfft what kind of a p****y is this manager? Was I wrong about him? Come on was I? Micky Adams is a failure and it hurts me to see him destroy the club. Not to mention that owner is a low life waste of space, bet the tramp shops are Neto, bloody tight as a mouse arse hole that lad!!”

As you can see this man is seriously strange, apparently when the police raided his house after the arrest they found images of men all around the apartment. They were all head shots but with seductively looking faces especially the eyes.....Creepy...Pure creepy.

Anyway that's it for this episode, as always we'd love to hear your view as this story unfolds so please don't hesitate to get involved by messaging us on FMHVibe.co.uk.

Nice update!

Cheers mate :)

Mr X keeps sending me those pictures...

Sssh haha, i'll lay off you now unless you continue to ask for trouble :P

Season 5 – So Close Yet So Far:

ESPN.jpg

Just like that the seasons been and gone, and as always it was an eventful one in the quiet town of Shrewsbury.

After the transfer window slammed shut there were problems on the pitch, in the stands and rumours suggest in the board room but Micky Adams soldiered on and attempted to carry out his job to the best of his ability.

To everyone's surprise the season started off well and Shrewsbury looked to be finally heading in the right direction but as we know we've seen this before. It came as no surprise when the club couldn't hold onto 9th place and it didn't take long for the cracks to become craters of which Adams would love to jump into.

The Town finished in a disappointing 16th place, progress was made on last season but the expectations weren't met. Millions of pounds has been invested into the club in recent years and many pundits expected Shrewsbury to climb the ladder as quickly as possible, it certainly looks like the owners 12 year plan has gone out the window.

Once the form dipped Shrewsbury never looked like recovering and there final table positioning shows this so well. The lack of goals was still apparent despite the signing of Lee Bernard in the summer as the club only managed to score 59 goals in 46 games while the defence was also once again embarrassing as they conceded a massive 74 goals, the second highest amount in the league!

The league was a write off in many peoples minds but there was reason for cheer on the streets of Shrewsbury as they did enjoy a cup run! The Johnston's Paint Trophy or JPT for short maybe Micky Mouse to the big teams but for Shrewsbury it was a magical adventure. On this journey Shrewsbury managed to claim some memorable days outs including the 1-0 beating of Micky Adams' former team Port Vale!

1417.jpg

Unfortunately the final wasn't in reach but they made it to the later stages of the competition as they beat recently relegated to League 2 Norwich City in the quarter finals. The dream ended in the semis though as another team with pedigree came to town and punished them for dreaming to large and the match finished 0-1 to Leicester City.

The league campaign may have been disappointing yet again but this cup run could keep Adams in the job and push start Shrewsbury's ambitions once again.

As always thank you for watching us today and feel free to get involved with the discussion at FMHVibe.co.uk

^^ booohhhh

No one remembers the semi finalists, it was another catastrophic season! Micky must go, and the cash must flow!

I wish i could, its so frustrating!! I really expected to be further than this :@.

I hope this continues to be interesting, especially for you lot.

Sorry lads an update was planned but i've ****** my hand and its killing me to type (pissed on a bouncy castle wrestling Alfie haha) :(, i'll update it asap!

Sorry lads an update was planned but i've ****** my hand and its killing me to type (pissed on a bouncy castle wrestling Alfie haha) :(, i'll update it asap!

Sorry to hear it :( Hope it gets better soon :)

Sorry to let you lot down :(, i done it Saturday night and its been killing me since. Its a really strong shooting pain every time i move it :(, hopefully will be fine tomorrow :) god knows what i've done to it lol.