Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2012 The Silent Partner.

Ashez

Sorry to let you lot down :(, i done it Saturday night and its been killing me since. Its a really strong shooting pain every time i move it :(, hopefully will be fine tomorrow :) god knows what i've done to it lol.

Seen a doctor? :P

Can't even remember last time i did haa.

Don't think its that bad since its not bruised or swallon or anything like that. I would be able to deal with it but the pains both sides of my knuckles (front n back) kinda feels like when you bend your finger back but my whole hand :S.

Season 6:

_45202873_sport_bulletin.jpg

After Shrewsbury's disappointing season the pressure was really on Micky Adams to perform after he once again found himself still in the hot seat.

Many fans were shocked that Micky was still at the club but when we tried to hold a phone conference with the clubs owner we received a statement saying he was unable to attend due to some hand injury suffered at the weekend but he expects it to be all right within a few days.

With Adams at the helm the fans were frustrated with many calling for the managers head, this message is just one example of the thousands we've received over the summer period.

“It was another catastrophic season! Micky must go, and the cash must flow!”

Pure frustration is visible in this comment and it clear to see most people are in the same mind set, success was nearly at the club last season with a Johnston's Paint Trophy final failure but the fans are getting annoyed with the fact the owner promised progress and funds in which to achieve this but other the coming seasons nothing seems to have progressed.

Although not all fans are head hunting as we've also been sent messages like this one.

“Unlucky Micky! Well done on beating your former club mate! How you holding up after your accident? Glad to hear that psycho Rafa got arrested!”

A genuine message of support for a manager going through a rough time, but we're unsure if he'll like being reminded of that lunatic “Sir Rafa”.

With Micky Adams' future secured at the club the transfer window progressed in a similar style to those of the managers tenure, no star signings as such but ageing experienced players joining.

_48941649_marley_watkins.jpg

The first arrival was Marley Watkins from Bradford in a deal worth around £25k while the big signing was Jonathan Grounds who arrived for a massive fee of £1.5 million, but in a bizarre twist Grounds left the club a few days later due to breach of his contract and later signed for Portuguese champions Benfica, we understand £3 million pounds compensation was handed to Shrewsbury Town to sweeten the deal.

Jonathan-Grounds_2538229.jpg

The only other departure from the club Wes Fletcher who left the club for pastures new with a dream move to Middlesbrough, reports suggest he left the club for a fee in the region of £80k.

Wes-Fletcher_2550958.jpg

So another eventfully season for the town in Shropshire but how will they fair when the league kicks off? As always we'll be right there along side you following the action so please get involved and tweet us some comments at FMHVibe.co.uk, until next time sleep tight and don't have nightmares.

Why Do you not buy one of their worst players so their still good?

I try and sign the oldest players they have but i'll admit when i signed him i didn't realise he just joined the club lol, its getting tough to sign players now though since they're squad is like 15 players lol, thats the reason why i didn't sign anyone for a while lol.

Nice update Ash, I doubt I will have nightmares though.

Anfield, he does :P.

Its what they used to say at the end of Crimewatch haha, cheers mate :).

They are indeed, become a teacher! Students will learn things and have fun at the same time :D.

We should have a FMH tutor event, where members tutor the new members and help them improve there game and site experience :).

Not a bad shout...

I'll see what people think about the idea lol, i know its off topic but for now could you post your views on the matter here (apart from coaches etc),

Never mind lads the idea has already been scraped haha, but if any new members would like some help feel free to PM me :).

Cheers JPlummz

Season 6 – Shrewsbury On The Rise?

Sky-Sports-logo.gif

Hello and welcome back to Sky Sports News latest season review segment, in today's episode we shall be looking once again at the richest club in League One Shrewsbury Town.

In recent years the club have been a great disappointment due to the massive expectations of which money brings, they started life in League Two with Graham Turner in charge and they achieved the first step on the ladder of gaining promotion to League One, Turner had an interesting adventure but his performances wasn't up to scratch which led to the owner offering him his P45.

Graham-Turner-STFC.jpg

The new appointment didn't go down well as Micky Adams joined the club from arch rivals Port Vale, the pressure was mounting on Adams to get the job done after a some rather average seasons in charge of the club.

Although last season the club seemed to be moving in the right direction, the league campaign may have been poor considering the expectations of the club but the Johnston's Paint Trophy cup run filled the fans with optimism for the following season.

_45872216_micky_adams_226bbc.jpg

And you can say these expectations were some what well placed as Adams led Shrewsbury to there highest position in League One during this owners ownership....But was it enough? Before we talk about the league campaign we're going to have a look at the cup competition which filled the fans with so much hope last season.

Adams must have cottoned on to the importance of a good cup run and it was clear to see the JPT had some priority this season, the early stages were rather routine with Shrewsbury fighting there way through the rounds. Then came the quarter finals and Shrewsbury found themselves looking a former giant in the face, Nottingham Forest were the opposition but Shrewsbury pulled of a massive coup and beat them 2-0 away from home to book there place in the semi finals.

The semi final was going to be another massive day out for the Town fans as they drew another giant of the game, although this one is some what falling down the leagues. The fans welcomed the chance to once again head up to Norwich for the semi final of this competition after last season victory vs them gave them entry to the semis last season which they lost to Leicester.

Semi Final day arrived and the dream was soon over for one of the teams after an epic 7 goal thriller....Unfortunately for Shrewsbury Norwich ended up the victors after a 5-2 win. The fans frustration was once again clear to see as the club and players fail at the second last hurdle for the second year on the bounce. The cup may not have much importance in the scale of things but every fan loves something to scream and shout about.

As we said at the start of the program Shrewsbury Town managed there highest placed finish in League One under this new ownership and this rather pleased the fans since it was obvious the club had finally started to head in the right direction. In recent years the club have managed to stay out of the relegation dog fight but have never really impressed, just moving up a place or two every season, it was time for change.

The season started brightly with Shrewsbury even managing to enjoy sitting at the top of the table at the start of the season but those hopes and dreams soon disappeared and the club cemented 10th spot on the final day of the season. It may not be that impressive but it shows the club are heading in the right direction, the team was still under achieving on the pitch especially in scoring and defending but in general it was an improvement.

Shrews-logo-shrewsbury-town-logo-aug-2010.jpg

The squad managed to get 10th spot by turning draws into wins as the club finished the season with 46 played, 20 won, 9 drawn and 17 lost with a haul of 69 points. If the clubs goal difference had been better the club could even have snatched 8th place from Preston North End since Preston finished the season with +18 and Shrewsbury ended on -5.

The future once again looks bright for the club and Adams may finally be onto something, if those losses can be turned into points Shrewsbury really have a chance of challenge next season but they also need to sort out this shaky defence which conceded 72 goals last term, while the team only scoring 67 is prolific.

As always thank you for viewing this segment and we'd love to hear your views, opinions and comments so please get in touch at FMHVibe.co.uk.

_44154418_fans_survey_1_416.gif

Hello and welcome to this special addition of football focus, in tonight's episode we'll be going behind the scenes at both Manchester United and Fulham Football Club while Roberto Carlos is here to discuss the future of Brazilian football, but first lets cut to Gabby Logan for all of today's news and details.

“In today's new.........................."

***BEEEP***

logo_286.jpg

We're sorry to interrupt the show you are currently viewing but breaking news has just been released via the Metropolitan Police and this special addition of Crime watch has been aired.

In the last couple of hours we understand that the “wet sock bandit” has escaped from his maximum security prison! We've been informed he broke out in bizarre fashion by dressing up as one of the prisons cleaners, reminiscent of the classic film The Wind In The Willows. We've just received this statement from PC Plod.

“Sir Rafa has indeed escaped and is roaming the streets of Britain, we are currently unsure how long he's been missing but we are currently doing our best to capture this criminal before he manages to do anything. We are shocked he even attempted this escape due to him only serving a 2 month sentence for assault on a celebrity football manager. The manager in question has been drafted into witness protection as a precautionary measure but we do not expect Rafa to be of any danger to the community but please do not approach this man.”

So there we have it, Rafa has escaped from the prison and a nation wide man hunt has begun, we can assure the public are in no danger but we've received this photo.

220px-Dr_John_Zoidberg.png

If by any chance you see this man, do not approach him instead contact us on FMHVibe.co.uk as soon as possible, we believe he may have plans to get to Germany and join up with his friends while we also understand he has connections in Sweden and Brazil.

That is it from us for tonight but please get in contact!

Lol you took my comment and made it in to an awesome article!

Question to the police (if it's allowed?)- do you think Rafa

Will be looking to go after Micky Adams again?

Tie that in to a story ;)

Haha cheers lads, i first thought about posting it when i mentioned Crimewatch to Chelsea8 lol.

Like i've said before since i'm not playing this save i need some help to keep it entertaining so i'll always try and involve you guys :).

How'd i know Anfield would have the first sighting haha, my money was on him or Rafa seeing himself in the mirror lol.

Season 7:

sky-sports-news-ipad-app-logo.jpg

Hello and welcome to Sky Sports News, we understand that Micky Adams has been released from witness protection and has started working within the club again after his attacker was found roaming the streets of Scotland.

Micky Adams first task was to handle the pressure of which last season brought, the club were on the rise and needed to continue to climb the league if promotion was to be a real aim. The team looked stable last season but obviously not good enough to challenge at the top end of the season so many fans were interested in the way Adams went about his business during the transfer window.

And once again the fans were left somewhat disappointed as Adams only managed to sign one player who turned out to be a young player going by the name of Tom Hunt. Not much is known about this young lad but he joins Shrewsbury for a fee believed to be in the region of 24 thousand pounds.

The once again caused outrage among the fans as the owner publicly stated via a letter to Sky Sports News that 5 million was to be invested into the current playing staff at the club.

In other news star defender Paulo Ferreira retired from football after enjoying a fair few seasons with the league one club after former manager Graham Turner signed him from Chelsea, Paulo was a key component in Shrewsbury's bid for promotion and will be a massive loss on and off the pitch.

PFerreira.jpg

The only other player to leave the club was Matt Richards who was released from his contract.

Once again the pre season optimism has been swept away from under the fans and many are expecting a poor showing from there club, finishing in the top ten last season was some achievement but matching it again looks unlikely with most pundits and bookies alike holding them as favourites for the drop.

Micky Adams has proven he can push this club up the table but surely anything other than a top ten finishes would put massive pressure on his job. Only time will tell what happens this season but we're positive it'll be a bumpy ride, until next time you've been watching Sky Sports News.

For a more interactive experience please get in connect with the show via FMHVibe.co.uk.