• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2012 The Silent Partner.

Ashez

Season Two:

Promotion Is A Must:

logo-shropshire-star.jpg

After last seasons heart break the pressure was really on Graham Turner to produce the goods at the New Meadow, the owner said at the end of last season funds would be available and he stuck to his word by investing another million into the club but yet again Turner was reluctant to spend.

To the horror of most fans only one player joined the club during pre-season but an astonishing eight players left! The player joining the club was Alan Navarro from Brighton and Hove Albion on a free transfer, the fans were rather pleased with this capture but disappointed no one else joined him through the door.

The players who left the club were:

Joe Jacobson and Carl Regan left for Brighton which raised £160k

Ricky Ravenhill leaving for Swindon in a deal worth £25k

Ricky-Ravenhill-Notts-County_2347796.jpg

Jamie McAllister left the club for Millwall in a deal worth £95k

Ben Smith also joined Millwall for £26k

Shane Cansdell-Sherriff completed the three players joining Millwall for £80k

Shane-CansdellSherriff-Shrewsbury_2430148.jpg

While Jon Nurse and Lionel Ainsworth also left the club.

Graham Turner had this to say about his transfer dealings:

“I'm ecstatic with the deals which have taken place over the coming months, I know letting so many players leave the club looks bad but the squad is strong enough to allow these players to leave which frees up cash for important signings as the club progresses in the future.”

My only guess is that your buying a player or two every season and giving them millions

We have a winner!!!

Damn I said that ages ago and you said its not confirmed I'm right or wrong and i just assumed I was wrong :L

You silly sausage :P

how else could i be an invester ;).

So in basic terms i'm buying a player of them a season so they can use that money to attempt to reach Europe.

You silly sausage :P

how else could i be an invester ;).

So in basic terms i'm buying a player of them a season so they can use that money to attempt to reach Europe.

That'll be hard ;)

My only guess is that your buying a player or two every season and giving them millions

We have a winner!!!

Damn I said that ages ago and you said its not confirmed I'm right or wrong and i just assumed I was wrong :L

uh :P ?

Not really since in a few seasons i'll have bucket loads of cash i'll have no use for so i can just dump it into Shrewsbury.

It was just a little idea i had for something extra on my 1000 goal attempt.

Ah what, I guessed that as well but then the database was overwritten! Ah well, should be interesting to see how this goes...

I saw it ;)

Another Disappointing Window...But With Reason To Cheer.

logo-shropshire-star.jpg

The fans were on edge after Graham once again failed to enhance his squad during the summer transfer window but by the time January come along the fans were singing a different tune.

Shrewsbury were riding high in the league a whole 11 points safe within the play off zone but not everything was perfect as the Blue's sat 9 points behind table toppers Bristol Rovers.

Shrewsbury had been on great form in recent months although they sometimes struggled to finishes teams off which resulted in a lot of draws and there down fall so far, but with plenty of games left to play can Shrewsbury win automatic promotion?

With Shrewsbury sitting so high in the league the lack of transfer business at the club went unnoticed. No players left the club during this window but one big name was signed from a Premier League side, a former Premier League winner and Champions League medal holder!

The experienced player joining Shrewsbury's ranks is.....Paulo Ferreira!!

23689_ori_paulo_ferreira.jpg

Ferreira joined Shrewsbury on a two year deal from Chelsea FC with Shrewsbury paying the London club £220k for the Portuguese internationals services.

The fans were delirious about this high profile signing, thinking it was a sign to show that they could attract players of great experience and presence to the club.

Will Ferreira be able to stiffen up Shrewsbury's back four enough to catch up in the league? Or will his experience ensure they gain promotion via second place or the play offs? Only time will tell but we'd love to hear your views so please get in connect via FMHVibe.co.uk.

League Table:

DSC_1715.jpg

Ferreira is class. But Shresbury needs another player. Maybe Aimar or Ronaldinho :D

Haha the money is there if Turner wants them :P.

Flying Highhh Up IN The SkYYY!!

logo-shropshire-star.jpg

Its time to paint the town Blue as Shrewsbury Town have finally won promotion to league 1! After years of heart break and ifs and buts Shrewsbury have finally got the job done!

In February Shrewsbury looked to be in a solid position having a gap between them and the final play off place although they were along way away from first place. But Shrewsbury fortunes changed during the second half of the season as they went on an incredible run which saw them win all there remaining games apart from three! (One loss, two draws).

This amazing shift in form helped the Town maintain there grip on the promotion places while banging furiously on Bristol Rovers title bid and the league hotted up as Rovers form dipped under the pressure.

The league table saw Shrewsbury cemented in second place with Bristol Rover maintaining there lead and winning the title, but only one point separated the two sides!

It could be seen as disappointing that the league title escaped the fans grasp but they're all so ecstatic about going up they don't care.

SD4062199@Soccer-nPower-Le.jpg

The silent owner of the club has reportedly ploughed £4m into the business over the past two years so he'll be extremely pleased to have moved the club on while the fans calling for Graham Turners head now look foolish.

All in all its been a fascinating season for the people of Shropshire and everyone is looking forward to there journey in league one, especially how much more money the owner will let Turner play with.

We believe a press conference with the manager is to be held later tonight so if anyone has any question you can contact us via FMHVibe.co.uk and we'll pass on the questions to our journalists.