Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 10 Leagues, 9 Old Men and 800 Goals - A H2H Challenge: MM96 VS AS

MM96 VS AS  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Triumph When the Dust Settles?

• AnfieldSquirrel
    • MerlionMaple96

@ Peely - Cheers Mate :D

@ Tobinho - Right... <_<...you've been busy for almost a month now... :P Just kidding mate :D

@ Kerav - It seems that all it takes is the mere mention of France to kickstart the "AS - PSG" Jokes :lol:

Totally sorry :( I do play, on occasion but I only go a couple of games each time

ovPlIlil.png

Season One - Me Gusta Espana

Transfer Update

With just one season to make a major impact, I knew all I could do was bring in a couple of fresh faces without messing with the existing chemistry. I had 47 Million Euros from the Board and having spent nada on the main man, I had all 47 Million to splash on reinforcements.

Transfers In

In all, I bought 3 players to reinforce the existing squad. Center Back Bernardo, Winger Jimmy Briand and Central Midfielder Scott Parker cost a combined total of 21 Million Euros. All three were worth the money, even though Parker spent a sizable portion of the season in the Injury Ward.

FVtdnmul.jpg

The one, the only, Scotty Parker :D

Transfers Out

I didn't want to hurt the chemistry whatsoever, so I did not sell any players. A few youth players were indeed loaned out however.

Team and Tactics

The tactic I will be using for this entire challenge will be virtually the same one I used for my Welbeck 1K challenge. The only change I made to the original was to use the Left Back as a Wing Back instead of a Full Back.

Team Instructions

3MnXsARl.jpg

Starting XI

Vv4xjENl.jpg

Yet again no Messi! :P

The Season

Spanish Super Cup 1st Leg

JzqaHkil.jpg

Villa strikes in his very first game :)

Spanish Super Cup 2nd Leg

nAtlre3l.jpg

Villa again!

Spanish Cup Final

QKyyFBwl.jpg

Even Villa couldn't stop this loss. (Oddly enough, I also lost my first Spanish Cup to Bilbao in my Double Trouble save :lol:) 

La Liga

GmI7vSCl.jpg

Easy! 

Champions Cup Final

ER0gmssl.jpg

Villa scores on the last game of the season!

Player Statistics

In the end I did end up putting Villa on IT. Despite my worries about his fitness, my cut-throat approach to management meant I just said, "To heck with it!" and threw him on IT with everyone else. To be honest, it was the best decision ever. After IT his stats were pretty darn impressive and the best part was he never even picked up a single injury! Crazy, especially for me. My strikers usually pick up a 2 week injury at the least, considering I mercilessly play them every for 90 minutes every game without fail. Just dumb luck I suppose  :lol: 

David Villa

Stats after  IT

acWHIejl.jpg

In Game Figures

sH2puA0l.jpg

Astounding! Before the season, I would have been happy to take 80 goals from Villa. But 99! I'm ecstatic. I mean, I've used Messi in a similar situation before and he only scored 92 goals. 99! It's ridiculous...I'm so happy  :D 

Summary

David Villa

DKcUrPWl.jpg

Goals: 99

There you have it folks, season one down with Villa bagging an impressive 99 goals! Can AS hold a candle to that? He does have the best striker in the world (Outside of Messi) at his disposal. But can RVP hit 99 in Spain? I sure hope not, but my bet is that he will. I personally think he can hit 120 if he stays fit. But hey, we'll see won't we?  :lol:

Remaining Years

Cracking season Maple! I fear with the way RVP is going I won't beat you.

Also, I won't be able to get an update up until Sunday because I'm going away today until Sunday and probably won't get on vibe :(.

A great start. You must have been playing him until he dropped to get 62 games out of him.

RVP will probably fracture into a thousand tiny pieces three games into the season; he's not exactly the most robust player :)

@Grav - Maple Syrup, not totally sure I like that name :P That being said it is the single greatest thing to put on waffles. (After ice cream)

@Peely - Cheers. Yeah, he managed to play every game. We'll see about RVP, he is rather injury prone!

@AS - No worries mate. Take your time :D

Update will be up tomorrow HOPEFULLY. I've played the season and saved all screenshots, but won't be able to post screeshots and stuff until I'm home.

P.S. RVP is shit.

ovPlIlil.png

Flag_Spain.jpg

Season 1 - Anfieldsquirrel

tumblr_mk6r1rrTcG1s3hbvlo1_500-224x300.j

So, after Maple setting a HUGE target I had to get RVP to perform. But it's RVP, one of the best strikers in the game.. surely I had nothing to worry about. Oh, I was wrong. 

Transfers:

rzRdSPt.png

Liga BBVA:

pLgr0Pk.png

Quite a convincing win. Overall the team played well, was delighted with the league :).

Super Cup:

3Fplypb.png

Happy with the early trophy, not much else to say.

Spanish Cup:

3PqBfEX.png

Bloody nervy!! But it was a class win, WE LOVE YOU KYLE WALKER!!!

Champions League:

nK2BTiq.png

Yeah, I'd rather not talk about this.. Well done Barca :(.

Robin Van Persie:

YkjGHMy.png

Awesome stats, should be tanking the league with these stats;

vS7ZMUa.png

So yeah... Not very impressive. A season where he had a few injuries and so on..I had hoped to break 80/90 since I'll need 80 each season.. But he underscored IMO. Maybe It was down to my bad management I dunno.

Me:

9BxLos3.png

Overall Evaluation:

I done awful for RVP's standards I know. How the hell Maple got Villa to play every game I dunno!! Whenever I do that the player gets jaded after 9/10 games and when someone is jaded on FMH they rarely score.. But Kudos maple, fantastic effort from you! You deserved this round :P

Where we are off to next;

220px-Drapeau_de_la_France.png that's right, we're off the land of baguettes and Yaya Sanogo.. BRING IT ON!

Tbh your strike rate was better than mine. Just that RVP played 20 odd games less than Villa :O Was he injured for a long stretch? Normally what happens with my goal challenges is that they have 3-4 months where they just wreak havoc. The second half of the season is usually much slower. For example, Villa had 55 goals in the first 30 games but only 44 in the next 32. 

Guys, I'm gonna say well done MM, thank god you learnt not to overhaul the entire team in one season (:P).

It's still outrageous you've gone with a flat 3 mid and not a triangle though :/.

And now for the

Villa is extremely not injury prone

RVP is extremely injury prone,

Love my grammar :P

If you guys pay attention to La Liga for this season, watch Villa rip it apart, maybe not 99 goals (lol) but expect a solid top 5 goalscorer finish for sure- unless he's played on the left wing in which case I will facepalm.

Tbh your strike rate was better than mine. Just that RVP played 20 odd games less than Villa :O Was he injured for a long stretch? Normally what happens with my goal challenges is that they have 3-4 months where they just wreak havoc. The second half of the season is usually much slower. For example, Villa had 55 goals in the first 30 games but only 44 in the next 32.

Consistency wins the lot.

Btw, have I told you I just checked an old career of mine (with Barca). Villa had a strike rate of 2.4!!!! (He only played against weak teams though to give Messi a rest) whilst Messi was chugging along with about 1.1...

Maybe not the clinical striker in game?

@ MM

Also THANKYOU FOR WINNING WITH BARCA!

Visca el Barça!!!!!

Haha no problemo Kerav. I think I've had enough of Barca for a bit though! :O And the point you made about Messi not being the most clinical striker, I find to be true as well. Despite his great stats, something is holding him back from smashing in ridiculous numbers of goals. I don't know what though!

ovPlIlil.png

MM96 - Season 2 - France

Preview Show

Ahhh...I'm back and this time I have for you guys the preview to the second stop on this 10 season challenge...France! Sit back, relax and get ready to find out how I will be approaching this leg of the challenge :D

The Club

Let me get this straight. I HATE PSG. In real life I hate the club for a number of reasons, one of which, of course, is that they are among the big spenders in football and have bought success rather than nurtured it (This is also the reason I hate Real, Bayern, City and Chelsea) However, on the game I hate PSG for one reason and one reason only. They are just so damn injury prone. I have never come across another team that had such big injury problems. In my only ever PSG save, every game brought with it a fresh injury which in tail led to consistency and chemistry being thrown out the window as the season wore on. At that point I vowed never to play as PSG ever again. Alas, I had to break that vow for this challenge. The player I had in mind for this leg of the challenge simply refused to join any other French club. Oh, and believe me, I tried them all. Montpellier, Lille, Lyon, Marseille. None of them worked. What a diva my player was turning out to be. Therefore, I reluctantly decided to plunk down with PSG despite my numerous hesitations...

en7ZVpYl.jpg

The Player

Now most people would assume that I would just choose Zlatan Ibrahimovich for France. After all, it's a natural assumption. Ibra is one of the best strikers in the world and he already plays for PSG, the best team in France (quality wise). I on the other hand had an entirely different line of thought when I made my choice for a striker in France. In my mind I knew that France would be easy to score in. After Holland, Brazil and maybe Portugal it is indeed the easiest league to score in. However, this entails it is not as difficult as England, Germany or Italy. In other words, Ligue Un is somewhere in the middle of the pack when it came to ease of scoring. Therefore I decided to strike a compromise of sorts. I chose to use the youngest striker I could without utilizing my wildcard, thereby ensuring I had enough quality to score a decent amount in a mediocre league. Looking at the list of strikers born in 1984, one name really stood out to me. Darren Bent. This happened for a couple of reasons. Let me show you...

Darren Bent

9PIVn2Dl.jpg

Firstly, Bent has some decent stats for a poacher. i'm sure that on IT his shooting, decisions, movement and pace will only flourish, while his relatively low teamwork will allow him to be a total ball hog and net plenty of goals :P Also there is this:

XxnkhvTl.jpg

That's right, Bent will rarely succumb to injuries. Just what I look for when I know I will be mercilessly running him ragged for the next 50 odd games or so. Perfect!!! :D

FkkHJsil.jpg

My name is Bent. Darren Bent.

And that's a wrap. Hope you guys enjoyed this update. I wonder who AS will pick? :P Either way, I'm confident in Bent to get the job done in France. If you guys feel like giving me and AS some love do comment. AS especially enjoys them greatly, almost as much as he enjoys nuts. :P How was my pick? Good? Bad? Ugly? Who would you have picked? We'd love to hear your thoughts :D

Interesting choice maple!! Good luck :).

I think the trick to win this series of challenges is to pick players like Mason Bennett or Wilfried Zaha, which has the message "will rarely succumb to injury".

Dunno about maple, but I won't be wasting my wildcard on Bennett or Zaha :lol:.

A pretty good season, even if it wasn't quite good enough :P Old glass-legs van Persie strikes again :D

Looking forward to the next round. I expect a valiant fight-back, AS.

Haha no problemo Kerav. I think I've had enough of Barca for a bit though! :O And the point you made about Messi not being the most clinical striker, I find to be true as well. Despite his great stats, something is holding him back from smashing in ridiculous numbers of goals. I don't know what though!

Messi did score 7 in one match for me once :P.

I think it's the fact he likes being Treq, which means floating around, which means the need for a wide forward who can score if Messi wants to assist and to assist if Messi wants to score :P.

Oh, and he's short and his heading isn't great- did you notice about 99% of goals are like "Tello puts in the cross, MESSI PUTS IT INTO THE NET!!!!" How? With his head, duh, he has 14 heading and 20 shooting, ofc he'll use his head...

ovPlIlil.png

Anfieldsquirrel - Season 2 - France:

Introduction:

After a mediocre start in Spain, I am eager to start catching up with MM early, I certainly don't want to fall far behind. So Let's get started.. Hopefully you enjoy :D

The Club:

new-psg-logo.jpg?w=273

Yes... we are the same team! I told MM first I was going PSG, but his player wouldn't join anyone else except from PSG so he had to go them too. No worries, not any harm in us going the same team! The main reason I chose PSG is because I want to get rid of the hoodoo! I know you all just have a joke, but it feels as if it's ruining my FMH rep.. so I wanna put it all right. PSG have a better team than last year, so I'm hoping I do better.. 

The Player:

Unlike Maple I didn't go for a strange choice.. I went for the obvious. I didn't put much thought into it, just went for the best player. You all may be disappointed by my choice but I don't care :P I need to do as best as I can after my poor start.. So drumroll please:

Zlatan-Ibrahimovic1.jpg

So thank y'all for reading, wish us luck.. comments would be appreciated.