Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 iScout. Do you?

Where and how to start? And should I start?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Does this career make sense to play with FMH14 just around the corner?

2. 2. Where to go next?

• Australia
    • Northern Ireland
    • Republic of Ireland
    • Wales
    • Belgium
    • France
    • Germany
    • Scotland
    • Portugal
    • Spain
    • Pride of the Asian Continent
  3. 3. Which team to pick?

• Best team in the top league
    • Bottom half team from the top league
    • Start in a lower division

Loving the option for Scotland :P.

England: Southampton

Holland: NAC Breda

Spain: Levante (always wanted to go them, great team in game :D)

Northern Ireland: Distillery

Wales: Bala Town

England: Newcastle/WIGAN

Spain: Rayo

Holland: ADO Den Haag

Would go for Torino career - I did a little go with them and Siena before Christmas and it was good fun.

Well you seem to want to do France first, so why didn't you just do France first if that's what you wanted to do?

I want to do them all. Just had two players from France in mind, that's all. I'll go with the voting ;)

Bit late here, but Ash goes down in my liking, good one. I would have voted Italy anyway, so yay! But I'd like a lower league, purely for the career not the iscouts, so in this case would have gone for a lower Serie A team like Atalanta, Palermo, Sampdoria. Jorghino is infact, like AS says at Verona. Sort of like the idea for Torino especially if you can make the entire Italian starting eleven all your players like it was back then, and the Superga crash is one of the worst incidents, probable best team in the world gets its squad cut down to three just because those three couldn't go because of injury, sick child and late passport. Think I've caught up with the general chit chat here now :D

Sorry Maple, went with Torino. Wanted to escape the big teams and selling big stars usually upsets most of the players that remain in the club.

No worries :) Looking forward to it anyway!

Bit late here, but Ash goes down in my liking, good one. I would have voted Italy anyway, so yay! But I'd like a lower league, purely for the career not the iscouts, so in this case would have gone for a lower Serie A team like Atalanta, Palermo, Sampdoria. Jorghino is infact, like AS says at Verona. Sort of like the idea for Torino especially if you can make the entire Italian starting eleven all your players like it was back then, and the Superga crash is one of the worst incidents, probable best team in the world gets its squad cut down to three just because those three couldn't go because of injury, sick child and late passport. Think I've caught up with the general chit chat here now :D

You basically summarized the first career post :P

NkWkgPE.png

ITALY EDITION

torino.png

Torino Football Club is a club based in Turin, Italy. The club was founded in 1906 and has won the Serie A for seven times, but their last title goes all the way back to 1975-76. Five Coppa Italia are also in their cabinet case. On a European level the best they achieved was in 1991-92 losing the final of the UEFA Cup. The club is the fifth most successful club in Italian football in terms of championships won.

Torino has a fierce rivalry against the other main team from Turin, Juventus. In fact, from 1990 to 2006 both teams shared the Stadio delle Alpi. Before that they shared the Stadio Comunale for thirty years, with Torino having moved there from the Stadio Filadelfia, home of the Il Grande Torino. The Turin derby is known as the Derby della Mole, a name that derives from the Mole Anonelliana, a famous building in Turin.

399px-Mole_Antonelliana_Torino_2010_RD.j

Mole Antonelliana, in Turin © Wikipedia

Il Grande Torino (The Great Torino) is the name by which the Torino FC team of the 1940's was know. It was one of the greates teams in Europe at that time and the best in Italy, setting many important records of Italian football, which still stand today:

• Joint holder of most consecutive Italian Serie A league titles (5), from 1943 to 1949 (1942–43, 1945–46, 1946–47, 1947–48, 1948–49; in 1944 and 1945, no league matches were played due to World War II). This tied Juventus' record from 1931 to 1935, and Internazionale equalled it from 2006 to 2010.
  • Most consecutive seasons undefeated at home: 4 straight seasons (1945–46, 1946–47, 1947–48, 1948–49)
  • Most consecutive league matches undefeated at home: 93 straight matches, with 83 wins and 10 draws (from 24 January 1943 to 30 April 1949) and just two visiting teams that didn't allow any goal.
  • Most points in one season (before the 3 points per win rules): 65 points (1947–48)
  • Biggest ever advantage on the English average: 6 points above (1946–47)
  • Greatest ever home win: 10–0 against Alessandria (1947–48)
  • Greatest ever away win: 0–7 against Roma (1945–46 Serie A Finals)
  • Most wins in one season (16 teams league): 20 wins in 30 matches (1942–43)
  • Most wins in one season (21 teams league): 29 wins in 40 matches (1947–48)
  • Most home wins in one season: 19 wins on 20 matches (1947–48)
  • Most away wins in one season (16 teams league): 10 wins in 15 matches (1942–43)
  • Most home points in one season: 39 points on 40 available (1947–48)
  • Most away points in one season (16 teams league): 22 points on 30 available (1942–43)
  • Fewest home points dropped in one season: 1 point on 40 available (1947–48 and 1948–49)
  • Fewest away defeats in one season: 3 defeats on 19 matches (1946–47 and 1948–49)
  • Most goals scored in one season: 125 goals (1947–48)
  • Most home goals scored in one season: 89 goals (1947–48)
  • Most away goals scored in one season (16 teams league): 31 goals (1942–43)
  • Most goals scored in the 5 championship seasons: 408 goals scored (1942–43, 1945–46, 1946–47, 1947–48, 1948–49)
  • Fewest goals suffered in one season (21 teams league): 33 goals (1947–48)
  • Fewest away goals suffered in one season (16 teams league): 9 goals (1942–43)
  • Best ever average of goals scored in one season: 3.125 goals per match (1947–48)
  • Most points in the second half of the season: 36 points on 40 available (1947–48)

Back then they played a 4-2-4 which revolutionized football at that time and some of their tactics inspired the creation of the Dutch Total Football. 

On the 4th of May, 1949, on their way home from a friendly match against Benfica in Lisbon, the airplane carrying the team crashed against the Superga hill near Turin, killing nearly all the players and managers. Italy's biggest team and the backbone of the Azzuri, the Italian national team was gone...

grande-torino-superga-5.jpeg?-3600

The Superga hill tragedy © Wikipedia

Well, Wikipedia is your friend :)

I'll just wait for a few more comments before posting the first season update. Didn't want to mix the previous post, with the Superga tragedy, with the season. Didn't seem right and I didn't want the Superga to go unnoticed.