Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Ashez & MM96 Attempt to Sell Them Slowly: A H2H

Vote By Leaving A Comment Please  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Vote By Leaving A Comment Please

• Vote By Leaving A Comment Please
    • Vote By Leaving A Comment Please

If MM hasn't voted it's only fair he gets the final say, was going to say that to him but he went offline. Unless he doesn't want it I guess lol.

Ashez Sells Them Slowly

Season One

Part Two

The Squad Now Looks Tidy!

As i predicted before i even started the save i lost the magician that is Messi in the first window open for voting, as it was expected i was somewhat prepared but i had my worries about selling him. I play as Real Madrid a lot and due to the way i play Ronaldo is normally for sale and he's rather hit and miss with if he attracts a buyer or not so i expected a similar issue with Messi.

In a bid to attract a buyer i did the same trick as MM by offering him cheaper than his value and to my surprise i got a tasty offer i couldn't refuse.

O6VWLB5.png

I was hesitant to sell him to a title rival as it could hurt me later in the save but after looking at the available free agents of which i'd have to use if he failed to leave i decided i was best off taking the money and running, after all £5.5 million isn't a bad amount to play with in this type of challenge.

How Do You Replace Messi?

A very good question indeed my friends, even with the full £55m replacing the best player on the game would be a challenge! I've always said every player on the game is replaceable so i lifted my head high and went on the hunt, in the end i found two replacements that caught my eye.

Option One

EM6VkAM.png

I was very excited after finding this gem, especially as i tested the water with a £5m bid and it was accepted, however i was wary as he's not a player i am familiar with and i saw him as a massive gamble.

Option Two

JSQDCBB.png

Lens is a player i earmarked as a potential replacement on day one of the save, i've used him a number of times in this formation and he's never let me down, sure he's no Messi but he has ability and more pace to the attack wouldn't hurt. At the start of the game he always costs £2.5m so i was confident i could pick him up in this window for around that price but unfortunately they wanted more.

The Solution!

mu6KpU7.png

I even had change! It was an easy decision in the end as i've been burnt before by epic looking Brazilians who end up average so i played safe and went for a striker i have history with. He's by no means the best striker on the game but he's a great cheap option, i just have to hope he can do some damage as we look to replace Messi.

Recent History With Lens

deOqYm9.png

Used in a two pronged attack

8nabVxw.png

As i lone striker

And i've used him in this 433 in Spain where he scored 16 but faced 4 months out with in injury.

Season Review

The Good, The Bad And The Ugly

The Good

Like an idiot i forgot a screenshot so you'll have to wait for the season review image. I wonder which tournament it could be for?

The Bad

I've already shown and talked about this but here is the game i was robbed in the CDR

Z7rGnaq.png

Decided to check, they actually had 16/21 shots on target (Suarez missed first game), see I know my formation :P. GDS had 6 shots over both games scoring 3 goals!

The Ugly

If you thought i was annoyed about the Villarreal game you should have seen me when this happened!

DvXUTZj.png

Ignore the red card for a minute and let it sink in. I have the best three strikers possible on the game and i have the same amount of shots on target as the more "average" players at Benfica, i get absolutely spanked 4-1.

All was not lost though as we have a second leg, if anyone can turn this around it's my strike partnership that's for sure!

OdlZHWm.png

Are you kidding me?!

We had basically the same shots and the same results across the board with the key difference being the red card (for kicking the ball away i might add, htf am i meant to be able to control that!) and the quality of players, don't get me wrong i love Benfica in game but what the hell! The early goal for them killed the game and i knew i had no chance but for them to score with ease again really got on my nerves, yeah right the game doesn't know who's who! :@

The Season Review

2mse6CJ.png

Technically i'm still in the challenge while MM has failed already :P. Being serious though i'm happy with the season but also rather annoyed as i blatantly got screwed by the AI and it's just infuriating! Normally i take it on the chin but in a head to head environment things like this start to get to me haha, anyway let's more on.

Manager Profile And Awards

oBnt3Zf.png

I also sold Afellay as i had no use for him.

CUNhFz9.png

Messi who?

Msms21P.png

Nice

The Lens Of Truth

Stats

psyBSjd.png

A very decent and capable striker

Issues

Ng8RXee.png

Right after his first game! Great

ZaOgXRb.png

The games screwing with me right?

Results

IPamvGI.png

A very tough start to life in Barcelona for Lens, the injuries didn't help and the fact i had to rush him back just made things tougher for the Dutch international. He was responsible for six goals in fifteen games which isn't bad but i will need more from him next season, his average rating is encouraging though.

Player Information

Average Rating

tGIC3DC.png

Some impressive displays!

vRwdqud.png

Stats

QDgIJJb.png

PhZh2Hf.png

Qj1EHZY.png

MD9CJRM.png

AQK4DFP.png

340KLp3.png

Goals

3lXZxbj.png

MM will be selling Khedira after an intense and banter filled voting process but who will be leaving Barcelona? Happy voting lads!

My Points

League - 100
Points - 92
GD - 71
Total - 263

Total

MM - 384
Ash - 263

A good yet disappointing start as MM takes a massive lead, the bigger worry is he now has the bonus cups to earn even more points like the CWC! I feel like the AI screwed me in those two cup games this season but with some luck next season I'll be back in the game!

As always thank you for viewing and please remember to leave a comment :D

You won the league with just 92 points! Criminal I tell you :P Your Real AI is weaker than my Barca AI ;)

A real solid replacement though Ash. He'll be more than fine for you.

After One Season:

Ashez: 263

MM: 384

Weaker AI, you're having a laugh! Madrid broke the game on my save, look at the signings they made:

Djnn2rH.png

LTAt50E.png

Messi

Rossi

Strootman

Hummels

Lacazette

Look at those attacking options! Ronaldo, Bale, Isco, Rossi, Benzema, James, Messi, Lacazette!!!

It's a bloody miracle I managed to hold on!!!

Went for Rakitic such a good player very difficult to replace with a full transfer budget.. more so in this challenge

I went for Barta. I don't think you will get much money for him an I bet there isn't many decent replacements out there for the money you will get.

To be honest, I feel like CBs are often the easiest players to replace. A lot of their important stats are physical. so you can often find cheap and good replacements :)

Vibe has spoken and Suarez will be sold.

MM will hopefully be updating soon but I'm not sure when I will as I want to get the CC out the way first.

Ashez & MM96 Attempt to

i3pLZLK.png

A H2H Extravaganza

Update time! I know it's that time of the year again, Christmas! Uhhhh...nevermind, I've just been informed that it's apparently not Christmas, as Christmas doesn't occur in June. Okay, well, this update will be an early Christmas gift anyways, so buckle up, tie yourself to your chair and get ready to be taken on a wonderful and magical and amazing and awesome and *insert more random superlatives here* adventure!

Transfer Report

So as all you cruel folks at Vibe decided last time around, I had to get rid of the very important cog in my midfield, Sami Khedira. How much did I get for him you ask? Well, amazingly, he sold for more than Ronaldo himself! Yes, it's true, but then again who wouldn't want the young, eligible German over the washed up old Portuguese man? It really shouldn't have been that surprising. So now you know that I got more than 33 Million for him, perhaps you are wondering how much more exactly...and the answer would be exactly 7 million more. Yes, that's right, I manage to offload him for 40 Million to Manchester City.

sami_fitwidth_489.jpg

Not only does he cost more than Ronnie, He clearly gets more too... ;)

So who did I replace the monumental German with? Well one possible option was Michael Essien, who was available on a free transfer, but I pulled out of that at the last minute as he was just too old. Another option was the much younger Dani Garcia of Eibar, who was also available on a free, but this time I decided to opt out simply because I didn't think he would be good enough. In the end I decided to take a gamble on a relatively unknown player by the name of Borja Granero from Racing Santander for exactly 4 Million on the dot.

img_40393.jpg

He unfortunately looks a bit like a Chipmunk...and by extension a bit like Santi Cazorla too... :P

With Granero, he had a lot of borderline 14s in key areas, but I knew that if he took to IT, he would be a solid player. However at the same time if he didn't, he could end up being a massive flop. Here's how he turned out...

g9gNls5.jpg

I'll say he turned out okay :)

Starting XI

Nothing much here at all. Granero slots right into the spot vacated by the big German.

eyrHV6U.jpg

Season 2 - Part 1: Someone New

Let's get to the main business now though, the actual season.

Spanish Super Cup

First Leg

xxCRnKC.jpg

Pish posh applesauce, who are Barca again?

Second Leg

RIEjN8X.jpg

A tad too close for comfort :P

European Super Cup 

Final

xtUkEq7.jpg

Bale is a Machine :O

Club World Championship

Final

2EddwJH.jpg

Just about squeak out the victory...

Spanish Cup 

4th Round First Leg

Mubg52i.jpg

This De Tomas lad seems to be bagging a few goals eh?

4th Round Second Leg

mfZ6kbd.jpg

Blowing down the house! We're the big bad wolf :P

La Liga

5yUTWzl.jpg

It's tight at the top, but I have a game in hand :D Not that that did very much for me last time around :/

Champions' League

Group Stage

FcXdBcx.jpg

No problemo mis amigos. 

Squad Performances

Appearances

eYV4gtB.jpg

Average Rating

EE4I22R.jpg

Assists

3qIPRFh.jpg

Goals

QuwDsJ0.jpg

And that, ladies and gentlemen, was the first half of season number two! Not going too shabbily at all so far if I say so myself. Won all the Mickey Mouse cups (Ashez reference :P) so far, so that's good, while the Spanish Cup and the Champions League has been plain sailing as well. The league is just as tight as it was last season though so it should be very intriguing to see how this plays out. The new poll is up so get voting and leave a comment about what you think of the season so far, what you feel about Khedira's replacement, or just about how much you love me ;) And remember...

5aCR7oG.gif

SO COMMENT AND VOTE    :D    :P

Hope you fail epically :). And I'm hoping you're stuck with Casillas until he's 40 :)

Come on Ashez!

Meanie. Imma go cry in the corner of my room now :(