Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career A Defender's Story: 250+ Goals

BatiGoal

Good win mate, liked the match report style of updating, maybe you could do it for things like the Champions League final/ crucial games. Bazoer is almost there now, push him over the line!

Congratulations on the first Dutch World Cup! Should've gone to you guys in 1974 and 2010. But at least in this one you got revenge on the 78' Final! Let's see some more, and thanks for the detailed explanations.

Thanks @canhoto if I manage to keep the Holland job I will probably get to play 1 more WC during this career. Half the current squad is 30+ so it'll be interesting  to see how the squad looks like in 2030.

1 hour ago, Taff said:

Great going dude, two tight games but a great result for Holland and for you

KIU

Thanks. It's not my preferred formation as I would much rather go with a 3-def formation, 3-5-2 variant for example and get a much prettier looking scoreline, but I gotta get Bazoer the goals and other formations just aren't as effective. I miss my TKO :laugh:

41 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

Great going, so close to the 150 mark!

150 will get Bazoer a gold Lamborghini. 200 a statue in front of the stadium ;)

5 hours ago, Taff said:

250 a national holiday in Holland will be dedicated to the Legend of Bazoer

Bazoer Day :D who knows, he started season 11 with 6 gls / 6 games. Incredible start..but that won't last surely.

Congrats on winning the World Cup! Epic! :)

Also, I loved the different update style you've used here. I think that worked pretty well (at least, I enjoyed it!).

3 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Congrats on winning the World Cup! Epic! :)

Also, I loved the different update style you've used here. I think that worked pretty well (at least, I enjoyed it!).

Thanks, and great to hear you liked the new approach. Maybe I'll use it for some of the bigger games. This is once again a career I need to play until the player decides to retire..can't do too many of these back to back lol.. I'm definitely going for a few shorter challenges once Bazoer's become a legend on Vibe :)

44 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Thanks, and great to hear you liked the new approach. Maybe I'll use it for some of the bigger games. This is once again a career I need to play until the player decides to retire..can't do too many of these back to back lol.. I'm definitely going for a few shorter challenges once Bazoer's become a legend on Vibe :)

That's one reason I'm rocking the one season only challenges at the moment. I have another 1KC planned, but just not quite ready to commit! :D

Season 11

After the successful World Cup in Mexico 2026, where Bazoer managed to score 2 goals and lead the Dutch to their first ever WC win, it was back to Benfica and continue the challenge to score goals with our BPD. Let's get straight to it then..

Revamp

2027revamp.png

I wasn't particularly happy selling nearly my entire defence but it was necessary. Grimaldo, Semedo, Lindelof all 32 going for 33 and I managed to negotiate a pretty price so it was an easy call. Along with a few other 30+ players this revamp was always going to happen at some point as Bazoer is 29/30 at the end of this season and still a good few seasons away from ending this challenge. We need fresh blood in the squad and we got the perfect players in Gestede, Westermann, Adler and Semedo among others.

• Total sales: Approx. 199M
  • Total buys: Approx. 205M

2027profit.png

How's that for some controlled business dealings. Total sold 616M. Total bought 616M. No wonder my financial control is 20 :)

The Games

Holland Goals

Spoiler

2027holland1.png

2027holland2.png

I never count on these but any extra INT goals are more than welcome. That's an extra 2gls for BPD Bazoer this season.

Bazoer Braces

Spoiler

2027brace1.png

2027brace2.png

Love seeing these braces on the scoreboard. Love 'em. He's done this incredible feat every single season. Amazing!

Easy Cup Games

Spoiler

2027easycup2.png

2027easycup3.png

2027easycup1.png

Gotta love those easy cup games. No mercy for the opponent, none. Just go out and give it 100% every time.

Derby Games

How could I play a challenge in Portugal with my beloved Benfica and not mention the incredible derby matches versus our city rivals Sporting CP. These are the games the Benfica players live for. These are the days where injuries simply do not matter. They want to play. They want to win. They want to beat their green and white adversaries no matter what.. The Rivalry.. The Passion.. The Intensity.. The History.. The Blood.. The Tears.. The Heart.. The Victory.. for these moments players need no motivation, no pep-talk, no guidance they walk onto the pitch as gladiators and are prepared to fight till the death for their fans, their manager, their colors, their club.. It's Benfica vs Sporting, Sporting vs Benfica, The Lions vs The Eagles, The Eagles vs The lions..

Spoiler

slbderby2.png

slbderby3.png

slbderby4.png

slbderby9.png

2027derby2.png

slbderby8.png

slbderby7.png

2027derby1.png

slbderby5.png

2027derby3.png

2027derby4.png

slbderby6.png

slbderby1.png

I love these derby games. Absolutely love them every time, no matter how long the career goes on and no matter how often we get to play them or what competition it is we're fighting in. Friendly, Cup game, final, league game, we want to win every single one of our encounters. We played Sporting CP 4 times this season and won all 4 of them hard-fought games. The ultimate victory was of course in San Siro for the Champions League trophy. Absolutely delighted for the club, the players and the fans that they were there to witness the historical night. Unforgettable derby games which will forever be remembered long after the day my players and I seperate our ways..

Bazoer's Form

Spoiler

2027form.png

Bazoer had by far his best start of any season scoring as much as 10 goals in 15 games. I thought I was in for something truly special but a goal-drought followed of approx 20 games and nothing I could do about it. No free kicks that went in, no penalties, no headers from corners, just a struggling BPD trying to get his goals in but sometimes things just don't work out despite getting good performances in for the team. In all a pretty good season for our guy.

Bazoer Goals

Spoiler

2027RBgls.png

I'm very happy with his return. 16 goals in all club competitions + 2 INT goals for Holland makes 18 goals this season. That's a beautiful amount which brings his new total to 164 goals. It's the big 200 we're aiming for and I'm really hopeful we're going to get there before our hero retires. And maybe..big fat maybe..maybe we'll even get to Ronald Koeman's record of 253 goals. MAYBE!

Progress

DefGlsChallenge164.png

Thanks for reading! Support, Comments, Encouragements Welcome.

26 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

BG's killing it! Well done mate, how old is Bazoer at this point?

Thanks mate. Bazoer is 30yo. I'm hoping for another 3-4 solid seasons and we'll see where it ends from there.

26 minutes ago, Mr.Manager said:

Brilliant effort as ever. I wonder how many assists Koeman managed in his career...?

Yeah I might need to check that. Maybe I can beat his assist record :) thanks mate.

Another fantastic season for the man who will surely go on to be the Prime minister of Holland and will be allowed to rule for the next 50 years

ALL HAIL BAZOER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, Ashez said:

Fantastic to see him back to his best! 

Thanks. He did slightly better tho as there were still two Eur.Qual. matches to be played in June and he scored in one of them. So that's 19 gls for the season.

Wasn't sure if those games weren't counted for this or next season (I know I should've known :) will update tonight.

Remainder of Season 11..

I haven't managed Int. teams in a while so I forgot there were still two Euro Qual. games to be played for Holland in June. He scored in 1 of them so his season 11 total gets a little bump to 18 19 (16 club goals + 3 INT goals). Bazoer's total is therefore 164 165.

Holland Goal

Spoiler

rbforg2.png

Season 11 Total

Spoiler

rbforg1.png

Season 12

(up next..)

Season 12 sneak peak..

If this first competitive game of season 12 is any indication of what's awaiting me in the coming campaign then I'm in for some ride.

BvC2b.png

Let me set the stage for you here. It's our competitive season-opener for season 12. A Euro. Super Cup match vs Chelsea. We've just come back from 0-2 down after having Guidolin sent off for a reckless challenge in the 11th min. That's nearly the entire match playing with 10 men and then to come back to 2-2 is awesome from the lads. That's the fighting spirit I want to see in all of my teams regardless the outcome and regardless the game. We win or we die trying. However.. then the unthinkable happened..

BvC1a.png

First in-game injury I've had to my GK in 12 seasons and with 3 subs out of the way already I'm left with very few options to turn things around and complete the ultimate comeback. Yes, we're in deep chocolate at the moment with my GK out injured we're playing 9 men at the moment...and being forced to play an outfield player in goal will make it 11 Chelsea players vs 8.5 of mine.

I did place one of my defs in goal but thought ah wth he'll be a sitting duck between the posts and he's better served in his best spot. I just keep the injured GK where he is and make the best of it. An injured Vilela is still better than any of my players of which none have even the slightest talent in goal. 84th min... hope I can make it to ET..

BvC3c.png

I made it. Now what? Not sure why this felt as a win as I'm still in deep trouble needing to play another 30min with 9 vs 11. 8.5 vs 11 rather as when I popped the formation I noticed the AI "force-swapped" my injured GK with my RB. Hmm..seemed to me he was injured but still on the pitch so keeping him in goal seemed like the least terrible optionfor us. AI swapping the two would indicate he's not on the pitch and any other player (my RB in this case) takes his place instead. Well..whatever the AI's reasoning I guess.

BvC4d.png

Looks terrible. Dunno how I'm going to make anything out of this game at this point. My hands are tied and with no options left the best we can do is hope for the best. Only Mother Luck can smile upon us now.. Let's play the first 15min of ET.

BvC5e.png

Yes, feels yet again like a win scraping it thru to ET halftime but there's still another 15 grueling minutes left to play with a heavily weakened Benfica side. And we're struggling to keep Chelsea from scoring a third and probable winner. It's theirs to lose now..

BvC6f.png

Quick look at the tactics..I hate this sight.. so I swapped it back to a few more green dots. I'm surprised to see my lads in such a great shape at this point in the game. Not sure why I never bothered to tweak Horta's role. I guess it was a combination of having my full focus on the GK situation and hoping he'd pick up his game at some later stage in the game.

BvC7g.png

Won't make any difference as the AI will probably revert it back to what it was the moment I hit 'resume'. This just feels better. I'm probably the least superstitious person you'll ever meet but at this point I'm willing to believe in all sorts of supernatural casualities. Higher powers, magic, witchcraft, I'm your guy.

On second thought.. just as I was about to hit the 'resume' button the 5 previous shoot-out losses flashed through my mind. I suck at shoot-outs. We suck bad. Having those painful memories in mind playing that bright red dot in goal on top of our dreadful shoot-out run.. what are the chances we're making it out alive? Zero. A shoot-out is a certain loss so we'll need to try and win this game before it gets to that point. I know it's stupid but let's just go for a Hail Mary attempt ..all or nothing in those final 900 seconds.. FB->WB.. despite the probable gaping hole on the right flank.. CD->BPD.. yes against my nature we got 2 BPDs at the back.. AML moves forward to his natural ST spot.. Tackling->committed... Passing->Direct.. Flanks are distorted so Focus->Center.. Mentality->Attacking Hail Mary baby.. let's do it!!

BvC8h.png

Yes! :D How we've managed to win this is beyond me. Funniest part is probably all the effort that went into trying to win this "Who Cares Cup" lol. Yes, it's a game that doesn't really matter but the way we've won it makes it kinda special. Once you get back to 2-2 after being reduced to 10 men it gives you that motivation to try and win it. And it's a great confidence boost to everyone that we're in for a great season. We're sending out a message. FEAR US! We're hungry and coming to win everything in all competitions!

BvC10j.png

The FB replacement GK actually made it MoM. Rating 10. I'm pretty sure that won't happen ever again. Fluke but we'll take it!

BvC9i.png

Bring on season 12!!

Season 12

(up next..)

51 minutes ago, mcandrew003 said:

Oh my god dude that's amazing! Never had a GK injury before I don't think, well done with the win. Can't wait for season 12!

Thanks. In-game injuries are quite rare for GKs. This was just the worst possible moment for us but we somehow brought the Cup home.