Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Failed! One Season Only: Mitrovic Shooting For 80 Goals

15 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Just a quick comment as I'm running out of time.. love the detail you put into it and I'm sure it's been a useful experience, failed attempts usually are. Looking forward to your next adventure.

Thanks mate, yep it's been a learning experience for sure, although in hindsight I should have realised many of the problems in advance. We'll see if I can overcome then in my next go at this. Going to have to go with a much better/richer team and a more experienced striker. Have the team and striker in mind and can't wait to start!! :)

12 minutes ago, AndersJ said:

@scratch99 great attemp ! Keep up making Challenges like that - it very interesting :)!

Thanks mate. I'm definitely going to try this again with another team / striker. I can't leave it with such a bad failure. After that I have 2 more careers in mind and eventually I want to try some of the other challenges you all are trying, like the UK Challenge (congrats on being the only one to make it to Scotland!) or the Latin American one. So much to do!! :) 

Yes its fun with Challenges :)! What is the highest score in the Championship in one season ( just an idea ) for a short challenge. Hit as many goals in one season while you break the record :)

Unlucky dude, but it was a very ambitious project from the off, but will look out for any future careers (If my heart can take the suspense)

Keep up the good work

Bad luck on this one, its a very tough challenge to do especially in the Championship. Just keeping your players above 90% is a challenge!

Onto the next one!

There is nothing wrong with being ambitious and failing, tbh it's good to see some failure on here as usually so many saves are safe/well thought out etc. I've never been scared to post my screw ups as they're part of the game, they can be just an entertaining as completed careers haha. 

Shame this one fell short but it was still a great journey and around 1500 people enjoyed it, that's a success in my book! 

Really loving your work here this year, keep it up :D 

4 hours ago, AndersJ said:

Yes its fun with Challenges :)! What is the highest score in the Championship in one season ( just an idea ) for a short challenge. Hit as many goals in one season while you break the record :)

Nice idea. I tried to find the record goal scorer for the Championship and I found this on Wikipedia but it only covers since it was renamed the Championship in 2004. The record seems to be 30, so Mitrovic has already beaten that.

But there is nothing to stop us turning this into a "Most goals in one season in the Championship" challenge, where people compete to see how many they can get. Mitrovic can be the first one on the leaderboard (maybe just list the top 10 or something). 

Having said that, it's not my immediate interest. I want to beat that 80 goals, so I'll be trying again with a better team and striker!

4 hours ago, Taff said:

Unlucky dude, but it was a very ambitious project from the off, but will look out for any future careers (If my heart can take the suspense)

Keep up the good work

Thanks mate. Not much suspense in this one, but I'll try to give your heart something to worry about next time! Will be starting a new 80 goal season career shortly and I think I should be much closer this time (still a big ask). 

2 hours ago, danovic78 said:

Bad luck on this one, its a very tough challenge to do especially in the Championship. Just keeping your players above 90% is a challenge!

Onto the next one!

Thanks! Yeah, it was tough on the players at times, but I gave us a fighting chance by ditching out of the cups early! Oh, wait... :) 

Determined to do better with the next one!

20 minutes ago, Ashez said:

There is nothing wrong with being ambitious and failing, tbh it's good to see some failure on here as usually so many saves are safe/well thought out etc. I've never been scared to post my screw ups as they're part of the game, they can be just an entertaining as completed careers haha. 

Shame this one fell short but it was still a great journey and around 1500 people enjoyed it, that's a success in my book! 

Really loving your work here this year, keep it up :D 

Totally agree. I wanted this to be ambitious - I don't mind aiming high and failing, it's more fun than going for an easier target. Expect me to fail lots more in future! Mind you, I might get sick of failure at some point... :) 

Anyway, I'm not done with this concept. I'm going to keep going to see how close I can get to 80 - so you should see me failing again soon! 

And thanks for the compliments, hopefully there's more to come. :)

25 minutes ago, scratch99 said:

Nice idea. I tried to find the record goal scorer for the Championship and I found this on Wikipedia but it only covers since it was renamed the Championship in 2004. The record seems to be 30, so Mitrovic has already beaten that.

But there is nothing to stop us turning this into a "Most goals in one season in the Championship" challenge, where people compete to see how many they can get. Mitrovic can be the first one on the leaderboard (maybe just list the top 10 or something). 

Having said that, it's not my immediate interest. I want to beat that 80 goals, so I'll be trying again with a better team and striker!

I will be on for that challenge though!

is there a better team than Newcastle in the Championship ? Or Do you mean another club in another league ?

2 minutes ago, AndersJ said:

I will be on for that challenge though!

is there a better team than Newcastle in the Championship ? Or Do you mean another club in another league ?

Great! Love to see someone beat that (I'm sure it will be possible). 

I'm off to another club in another league (much better players, much richer). Haven't started yet, but writing the intro post now... :) 

8 hours ago, Mr.Manager said:

Hard luck Scratch. Looking forward to seeing your next attempt - I like the fact that you're gonna have another crack at it!

Thanks mate! Next attempt is over here: