Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Classic Batigoals

7 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

How about the set pieces, who's on what?

Bale's on corners and free kicks.

Heres my latest five games with Ronaldo. I think getting him to score a tonne of goals may be beyond my abilities...

IMG_0701.PNG

You're missing out on goals with Bale on free kicks. Try Ronaldo instead. Put Bale on corners only. I assume Ronaldo's taking the penalties?

37 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

You're missing out on goals with Bale on free kicks. Try Ronaldo instead. Put Bale on corners only. I assume Ronaldo's taking the penalties?

Of course. I'm not quite that bad. 

I thought having him take free kicks was bad because he might be taking them from miles out?

As you can see, he seems to be assisting more than scoring sometimes...

IMG_0702.PNG

Anyway, there's the next 5 games. He got a hatrick and I got excited, then the next two games were terrible. I mean, drawing with Guijuelo. Losing 4-2 against Sevilla with not even a sniff from Ronaldo...

Moving the passing style to mixed seems to of helped. 

I dis it on the 5th game, and barring a few injuries resulting in Ronaldo being moved about, he seems to be scoring a bit more freely.

IMG_0719.PNG

IMG_0720.PNG

You have a philosophy so similar to mine. I also use home/away settings and rotate a lot. If I have a good squad I only use players with 100%.

Gonna give it a go with your tactic. Thanks for sharing. 

I've started yet another game, bought no one and just used what Real have to offer. I can't say it's gone that, atleast it's a lot better than at the start...

IMG_0726.PNG

9 hours ago, zaangie said:

You have a philosophy so similar to mine. I also use home/away settings and rotate a lot. If I have a good squad I only use players with 100%.

Gonna give it a go with your tactic. Thanks for sharing. 

Welcome. Hope you get some results.

5 hours ago, Manjus said:

I've started yet another game, bought no one and just used what Real have to offer. I can't say it's gone that, atleast it's a lot better than at the start...

IMG_0726.PNG

Do you at least win all your games, I'd maybe focus on that first before going for a potential 1KC.

10 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Welcome. Hope you get some results.

Do you at least win all your games, I'd maybe focus on that first before going for a potential 1KC.

Well, I'm still working on that. I wonder if buying better players might be the remedy?

IMG_0728.PNG

Drawing 8 and losing 5 is terrible for Madrid. I've done 2 seasons with Man Utd and lost 3 games in 100+ games with the exact instructions as in the OP. With La Coruna I believe I lost only 2 or 3 as well in that debut season with much worse players..

It works a treat for me, which is why I took the trouble to share it with the community, so if you follow the OP and give the players plenty of rest, sub everyone off who's below 90%, share gametime etc etc I wouldn't know why things aren't improving for you. Quite strange, makes little sense tbh. :S

23 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Drawing 8 and losing 5 is terrible for Madrid. I've done 2 seasons with Man Utd and lost 3 games in 100+ games with the exact instructions as in the OP. With La Coruna I believe I lost only 2 or 3 as well in that debut season with much worse players..

It works a treat for me, which is why I took the trouble to share it with the community, so if you follow the OP and give the players plenty of rest, sub everyone off who's below 90%, share gametime etc etc I wouldn't know why things aren't improving for you. Quite strange, makes little sense tbh. :S

Subbing during games, do you have a rule of thumb?

I've just been subbing people who are below 80% after half-time. Or if the opponent has a player who's pretty low on condition, I will sub out his opposition so my player has a stamina 'bonus' over them.

Generally I'll only not play Ronaldo if he's less than 90% before a game, and I never sub him unless he gets injured.

I'm not giving up with this formation. I will make my results as good as yours ;)

-----------------------------------------------------

Also, do you look at morale at all?

Yes, that's what I do. Sub off players below 80% and no one starts unless 90+%.

If main + alternative roles don't work perhaps try testing other roles such as a BPD instead of a CD.. Maybe an IF instead of AP, maybe it'll work better with your players.

Re morale, I pay no attention to it.

2 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Yes, that's what I do. Sub off players below 80% and no one starts unless 90+%.

If main + alternative roles don't work perhaps try testing other roles such as a BPD instead of a CD.. Maybe an IF instead of AP, maybe it'll work better with your players.

Re morale, I pay no attention to it.

Hm... well I'm just playing with Real starting squad at the moment, instead of buying people just to try and figure this out/get it working for me.

I don't know if BPD would be good, I seem to be quite leaky :/ 

APs are okay I think, I mean, Ronaldo usually gets double digits for shots, just can't convert them.

I also find that every, 4th or 5th game (usually when playing away) I get absolutely dominated (and it's usually a weaker team). Any reason you can think why that might be?

10 minutes ago, Manjus said:

I don't know if BPD would be good, I seem to be quite leaky :/ 

Always worth a try I suppose. I don't play 2 BPDs but I've seen formations with them and people have had success. But I agree sounds risky but you never know what works on the EME unless you try.

If you get dominated like that I would play the home settings against all weaker teams and balanced against the stronger ones regardless home or away. Otherwise try mixed passing instead of short.

Running out of options tho.. :S

This is your very first competitive game of the season. A loss like that can happen. You just gotta make sure you don't lose more than a handful of games in the entire season playing with Madrid. No formation is waterproof so I allow myself 5 losses per season, no more.

How many games did you lose during your most recent season with Madrid?

But to go 3 goals down in 45 mins against Seville? Seems pretty bad. I've actually put Ronaldo back on the left as an IF in an attempt to get this formation working for myself.

I've been resetting after every season trying new players and tweaking passing style etc. Last season I think I ended up with 4 loses and 11 draws. Used the 'home tactics' for the teams I perceive as being weaker when I was playing away to them, which seemed to work most of the time. Big teams never seemed to be a huge issue, although I lost 1 drew 1 with Man City in the champions league qualifiers. Las Palmas knocked me out of the Spanish Cup... But that season was with two FBs and Wingers plus Ronaldo up top. Pretty sure he ended up with 43 goals (or so) out of 48 games.

1 hour ago, Manjus said:

Big teams never seemed to be a huge issue, although I lost 1 drew 1 with Man City in the champions league qualifiers. Las Palmas knocked me out of the Spanish Cup...

Oddly enough same here. I do well vs bigger teams but end up losing 2-3 games a season vs the likes of Swansea or Southampton. If you could find a way to half those draws it'd look much better already.

Sometimes when I run out of Wingers due to injures/suspensions etc I play a double IF from the flanks. They often end up scoring almost as much as my striker. Maybe that helps reducing the draws/loses.

Another thing that may help is playing a Sweeper Keeper with offside trap, (the home settings). A good SK could save you a couple goals -draws/loses- here as well.

On 07/08/2017 at 13:57, BatiGoal said:

Running out of options tho.. :S

And here I was thinking you'd run out of options, and yet you were still hiding a few tips in the bottom drawer!

I will keep going as is for a few matches, if we're still leaky then I'll switch to SK. Do you think Navas will be okay for that? I think I've passed deadline day already...

Just had a look, Navas isn't a great SK I think. You definitely need good Positioning and decent Decisions as well. Obviously Neuer or Lloris, but more affordable options Handanovic or Trapp. There's a few others as well.

44 minutes ago, Manjus said:

And here I was thinking you'd run out of options, and yet you were still hiding a few tips in the bottom drawer!

I will keep going as is for a few matches, if we're still leaky then I'll switch to SK. Do you think Navas will be okay for that? I think I've passed deadline day already...

De Gea is a great SK too

On 8/1/2017 at 13:10, BatiGoal said:

A couple things, a CF up front is your best pick but you need a solid player. If he isn't but he got pace go with AF. If he isn't pacey try playing a Poacher. If that doesn't work either your striker is rubbish.

Reveal hidden contents

TXGNuhq.png

I'm experimenting with Tottenham with Kane

620427575119053.jpg

2c3497574633963.jpg

But

ec6629575119133.jpg

So which role is best suitable to Kane and the IFs/wingers & APs?

@julystork don't worry about a single negative when you win 3-0. Unless it's a repetitive comment?

Play Kane as a CF but he'll need at least one Winger. Turn Son into a Winger and keep Lamela as IF. Two APs are fine. But I'm not convinced with Son tho so if he underperforms try looking for a better left-footed winger with better crossing than him.

So hopefully anyone who has been reading through this, or is currently reading through this hasn't been put off of your formation/tactics or doubted your abilities BatiGoal, just because of my troubling trials putting them into practice with Real Madrid.

Well, after reinstalling the game (no idea if this actually helped, I only had a facepack installed) it seems that I'm doing a lot better now.

I changed the main striker who did pretty well using your formation, as you'll see. And in my second season, even if he is a little older, I'm now trying Ronaldo up top, with better results than in previous attempts (although I have no images to back this up.

I think this time around I concentrated more on who was playing where, brought in a few more decent players (although my winger on the right is still not as good as I would hope) and tinkered with the tactics at halftime in an attempt to better my end game results.

Anyway, hopefully my pictures below will reaffirm just how good your formation/tactics can be ;)

Spoiler

IMG_0757.PNG

IMG_0758.PNG

IMG_0759.PNG

IMG_0760.PNG

IMG_0761.PNG

First time I heard anyone reinstalling the game to make tactics click :laugh: 

The first season is rarely the best btw, it usually goes from good to great in 3-4 seasons. Good to know you've been making progress.

I think BatiGoal found the cheat to beat FMM2017? Using the same roles as my earlier post,

5991d835f319e_FMM2017_2017-08-14-15-06-51.thumb.png.8db6150c1d140b47f6448cf7a5a668d1.png

I do think for fmm2018 the developers gonna mega-nerf Intensive training...though this is still in 1st season, so I'm keen to see if this tactic keeps up in season 2 & 3, or the AI somehow "learns" to counter it

6 hours ago, julystork said:

I think BatiGoal found the cheat to beat FMM2017? Using the same roles as my earlier post,

5991d835f319e_FMM2017_2017-08-14-15-06-51.thumb.png.8db6150c1d140b47f6448cf7a5a668d1.png

I do think for fmm2018 the developers gonna mega-nerf Intensive training...though this is still in 1st season, so I'm keen to see if this tactic keeps up in season 2 & 3, or the AI somehow "learns" to counter it

:D longevity hasn't been an issue with me. But as I mentioned earlier, I do fiddle with the passing focus a lot.

Been testing this on OME but not as effective. At least not with mediocre players/teams.

23 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

First time I heard anyone reinstalling the game to make tactics click :laugh: 

The first season is rarely the best btw, it usually goes from good to great in 3-4 seasons. Good to know you've been making progress.

Well, I just thought I'd start completely fresh. I'm not going to say that it's because of that the tactics worked for me, but they are definitely working now, heh.

I'm into my third season now, Ronaldo didn't shine quite as bright as Morata, so he's now back on the wing. Morata will be my topper for a couple seasons until my newly acquired Zlatan regen grows up ^_^