Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Taiwo Awoniyi does the 1kc.(COMPLETED)..almost!!

Woody

5 hours ago, salohcin said:

Yo just caught up and you have been going great! 11 mths injury shldn't affect your game too much if Taiwo continues banging in 11 goals a game with Nigeria! :D Don't worry too much, just be sure not to lose interest in those 11 mths of injury! All the best!

cheers dude.

SEASON 8 UPDATE(MINI VERSION):

Hey all,

Just a quick update.

Taiwo returned from his long term injury lay off on January 28th 2024 in a tricky away fixture against Chaves.

59e235c7801d0_Screenshot_2017-10-14-17-04-281.thumb.png.d7e5a9f99bd25eb1fa2b5cbf7fbebc95.png

A great return to fitness with 2 goals.

Although it was great to see Taiwo back in the side, Tyler Roberts did fantastically well in keeping my enthusiasm going!

59e2364c9c428_Screenshot_2017-10-14-17-07-191.thumb.png.dfcc412d5747560d8a882bfaa3cddcca.png

59e2365e1dce1_Screenshot_2017-10-14-17-07-221.thumb.png.1ac37be5c762b102012ebd768c11fed7.png

Part of me feel it's a shame i wont be keeping him as the focal point but it is the Taiwo Awoniyi 1kc after all!

Anyway we won the title again in convincing fashion.

59e236e030f90_Screenshot_2017-10-14-16-30-581.thumb.png.4f6a67230462ca58906548ef18d29284.png

So how did Taiwo do after his injury lay off.

59e2376a50f34_Screenshot_2017-10-14-17-11-491.thumb.png.edbbc9137382ac2a83e867fb72abf850.png

His stats are going back up nicely...good to see!!

59e237ad3ec68_Screenshot_2017-10-14-17-11-531.thumb.png.0a08ad4cee487a59b8471001ac424f72.png

And his goal return wasn't too bad either.

With a full preseason ahead for him i'm hoping he will crack on from here.

GAMES PLAYED: 340

GOALS SCORED: 369 + 18 INT'L

TARGET REMAINING: 613

I think the 1k is going to be a tough ask now but i'm going to continue and get as close as we can!!

I have to admit I would find it hard to stay motivated if I had that kind of injury to a player in a 1k. Massive credit to you for continuing with it and I hope your determination is rewarded in the end.

1 hour ago, FuddledFox said:

I have to admit I would find it hard to stay motivated if I had that kind of injury to a player in a 1k. Massive credit to you for continuing with it and I hope your determination is rewarded in the end.

Cheers bud.

I’ve seen you quit 1K attempts because you don’t like the players hair style ?

Oh, man, that is a horrible injury to get and I think it would be a real enthusiasm killer (I hate it when my striker is out for just a few weeks). It's great he's back now without too much damage to show for it (other than the missed goals). 

Keep going, 1K seems a long way a way but he's going to be in his prime now for a 4 or 5 years. With ITN goals, 80 per year should be achievable, so if you can get say 5 years of 80, you'r only 200 away. Still think you'll make it! 

8 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Oh, man, that is a horrible injury to get and I think it would be a real enthusiasm killer (I hate it when my striker is out for just a few weeks). It's great he's back now without too much damage to show for it (other than the missed goals). 

Keep going, 1K seems a long way a way but he's going to be in his prime now for a 4 or 5 years. With ITN goals, 80 per year should be achievable, so if you can get say 5 years of 80, you'r only 200 away. Still think you'll make it! 

Ha ha i'm hoping your enthusiasm rubs off....we are going to need it.

Hi all,

Sorry i've not updated much lately.

After Awoniyi's cruciate injury he struggled with fitness, i struggled to get 30 games out of him.

Motivation is really low now for this career but i wanted to ginish what we det out to do...1k goals!

Im going to plough through the remaining yrs of his career(he is 29 now) and post all his stats and more importantly gis final total.

I now know we have failed in our objective but i want to see how close we get.

Please stay tuned updates will arrive soon.

Thanks for reading everyone its been a blast!

4 hours ago, Chris Woodward said:

Hi all,

After Awoniyi's cruciate injury he struggled with fitness, i struggled to get 30 games out of him.

Motivation is really low now for this career but i wanted to ginish what we det out to do...1k goals!

Im going to plough through the remaining yrs of his career(he is 29 now) and post all his stats and more importantly gis final total.

Good for you I hope your persistence pays off. Nothing worse than when someone starts a challenge with a player I don't know who.....maybe Tammy Abraham for example and then gives up because its getting a bit tricky. 

1 hour ago, PriZe said:

Just caught up. Wow what a rollercoaster of a career. Now you know how he has done, but with ITN goals and a bit of luck you still might achieve this mate. Good luck and KIU!

Cheers dude ?

Good for you I hope your persistence pays off. Nothing worse than when someone starts a challenge with a player I don't know who.....maybe Tammy Abraham for example and then gives up because its getting a bit tricky. 

Ha ha....we have  to see it out. You never know ?

Just caught up and what a sickening blow mate :(. Long injuries always suck in this challenge but it's a risk we take. I've had a fair few end is such disaster but I've also had one where he fully recovered and went on to cross the line. Massive credit to you for seeing it through to the end! I hope you get close or even cross the line but I'll await future updates :) 

On 10/19/2017 at 07:10, FuddledFox said:

Or Juan Hernandez maybe... :O

On 10/19/2017 at 02:41, Chris Woodward said:

Hi all,

Sorry to hear that. Hope you get him close. I'll keep my fingers crossed that he surprises you and makes it over the line somehow, but full respect for what you've done so far and your persistence!

6 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Sorry to hear that. Hope you get him close. I'll keep my fingers crossed that he surprises you and makes it over the line somehow, but full respect for what you've done so far and your persistence!

Cheers man!

added 0 minutes later
On 19/10/2017 at 11:05, Ashez said:

Just caught up and what a sickening blow mate :(. Long injuries always suck in this challenge but it's a risk we take. I've had a fair few end is such disaster but I've also had one where he fully recovered and went on to cross the line. Massive credit to you for seeing it through to the end! I hope you get close or even cross the line but I'll await future updates :) 

Thanks dude...

4 hours ago, MerlionMaple96 said:

The 1C may be beyond your grasp now but I respect your motivation to keep going.

Just try and score as many as you can with Taiwo! That's what's important :)

Cheers man, his injuries have taken its toll on him. Fitness is a huge issue and his stamina is getting lower. 

We will see how he ends up and maybe have one more crack at a 1kc before i really get into FMM2018.

Hi all, 

Its been awhile since i last posted.

Taiwo's career has had some major ups n downs lately so i will give you all a quick update.

Now, i doubt we will achieve the 1k target but as ive said previously im going to see how close we come.

If you go back to my s6 post you will notice that Taiwo had 12 int'l goals when i got the Nigeria job. This is his current int'l goal stats:

Screenshot_2017-10-28-12-00-51.thumb.png.b08fce7da4a7a97589b14ffcea43e33c.png

As you can see he has added quite a decent total to out 1kc. 172 goals to be exact!!

The last few years have been a little tough injury wise for Taiwo as you can see here:

Screenshot_2017-10-23-12-39-18.thumb.png.e75a0e27d254f45817dfa727d95853a4.png

Screenshot_2017-10-25-12-09-24.thumb.png.2cb5dd51e63fa4969970a5c36db620af.png

He is currently on the fitness only training as i couldnt get him to stay fit long enough to play enough games to be consistant to score the goals we need, as you can see:

Screenshot_2017-10-28-12-00-55.thumb.png.8d6b457a7e55d5c9944e8f4e9d16d3fb.png

So he is currently on:

621 goals + 172 int'l

Total: 793 goals.

At 33 yrs old can he get the final 207 goals needed.....watch this space!!

Just now, FuddledFox said:

You have had some real highs and lows with this mate but I don't think you will be far away from the 1k by the end of it. You may yet still make it KIU

Thanks man!

I think this will be close mate, if it wasnt for the Nigeria job he would of had no chance.

Just now, AzmiG26 said:

Well done! Even if you don't get to reach the 1KC,  I appreciate you for having the courage to move on.  

Thanks dude.?

It's such a shame that Injuries have scuppered this very promising 1K attempt, but one thing to take away is just how amazing 172 INT goals is, thats a huge number, you look at most of the 1K attempts and no one is near that figure, It would be  a shame if he didn't make it, but you seeing it through is a huge thing, I think most including me would have chucked it in by now so fair play for keeping it up

Wow, what a roller coaster! 172 INT goals is amazing, but the injuries are terrible! He's still looking good for a 33 year old. His attributes will probably drop away in the coming years, but keep him going, I think this is going to go right down to the wire! Hoping he makes it!!

16 hours ago, Taff said:

It's such a shame that Injuries have scuppered this very promising 1K attempt, but one thing to take away is just how amazing 172 INT goals is, thats a huge number, you look at most of the 1K attempts and no one is near that figure, It would be  a shame if he didn't make it, but you seeing it through is a huge thing, I think most including me would have chucked it in by now so fair play for keeping it up

Thanks man, yeah he is a machine for NIgeria ha ha.

14 hours ago, scratch99 said:

Wow, what a roller coaster! 172 INT goals is amazing, but the injuries are terrible! He's still looking good for a 33 year old. His attributes will probably drop away in the coming years, but keep him going, I think this is going to go right down to the wire! Hoping he makes it!!

I just hope he doesn't start thinking of early retirement! 

We shall see. But thanks dude.

Hi all,

A quick update on how Mr Awoniyi is getting on in his twilight years.

Is he getting any closer to that 1k goal? 

I've been rotating his training from the IT attacking to just fitness to try and keep him going, surprisingly no mention of retirement yet but when you see his stats you may think its probably not far off.

So like i said this will just bee brief but sweet....

The Player:

59fd85d6d7aee_Screenshot_2017-11-04-08-57-431.thumb.png.16ba998ab50658333a1d8484513bdabf.png

As you can see his physicals are terrible now....

But just look at that international record! just awesome!!

At 36 he is really starting to wain, but he did manage this glorious performance earlier in the year for Nigeria.

59fd8635b110b_Screenshot_2017-11-02-23-28-181.thumb.png.2c7dd35fe6166d33a656b9d521486da5.png

So lets get onto his goals tally and how much further we have to go.

59fd86b063a4b_Screenshot_2017-11-04-08-57-471.thumb.png.f2bc82da8dba71edc7df73e08256ac23.png

As it currently stands he started the game with a single goal.

So that's 728 goals for me!

Adding that to the 231 goals at int'l level minus the 16 he had before i took the job so that makes it:

He now needs just 57 more goals to reach that magic number!!

Can he do it? Time will tell. At 36 years of age it is going to be really close.

Thanks for sticking with me guys.

You've done a great job to get close to this being possible after what it was looking like a few seasons ago! Going to be tight now, good luck, hope for no retirement. Hopefully you'll be able to get him to reconsider a couple of times :)