Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Can't bid more than 225M

DutchTony

I'm in my 3rd season and even though I have a transfer fund of 700M, the maximum I can bid for a player is 225M.

This makes it impossible to buy certain players.

Is there any way around this?

Yes I tried that as well.

I offered 225M plus 50% sell on, plus Coutinho who is rated at 140M but it was still rejected.

Oh well you can't win them all :-D

5 hours ago, DutchTony said:

Yes I tried that as well.

I offered 225M plus 50% sell on, plus Coutinho who is rated at 140M but it was still rejected.

Oh well you can't win them all :-D

lol, who are you trying to buy? :P 

1 hour ago, Titjes said:

lol, who are you trying to buy? :P 

Michael Carrick.

Kidding.

I was initially bidding for Dembele, but i just bid the maximum for Neymar plus add ons and that was also rejected.

2 hours ago, DutchTony said:

Michael Carrick.

Kidding.

I was initially bidding for Dembele, but i just bid the maximum for Neymar plus add ons and that was also rejected.

You’d need at least 500m for Carrick mate ?

1 hour ago, sharaziuk said:

I for one think that the limit should be removed as every season the prices of players go up, as well as the board limiting wages. 

Agreed.

There are players in my save valued at 155M so it's highly unlikely that 225M will buy them.

When the maximum was 150M in previous games, that was usually enough to buy anyone as their values were considerably lower (in my experience)

People are paying over 200M for established players and here i am thinking 10x if i want to pay more than 5M for a 16yo wonderkid...

3 hours ago, Dhxn said:

People are paying over 200M for established players and here i am thinking 10x if i want to pay more than 5M for a 16yo wonderkid...

I don't have those financial concerns lol

Screenshot_20180116-214553.png

21 hours ago, sharaziuk said:

I for one think that the limit should be removed as every season the prices of players go up, as well as the board limiting wages. 

19 hours ago, DutchTony said:

Agreed.

There are players in my save valued at 155M so it's highly unlikely that 225M will buy them.

When the maximum was 150M in previous games, that was usually enough to buy anyone as their values were considerably lower (in my experience)

Nah, the money being moved around in FMM can always be slightly manipulated by the player. 

In the previous versions the market can BECOME inflated, this edition the market merely STARTS inflated. There's also periodic ups and downs. Admittedly they changed the valuations of the players and increased the money each club is given each season (at least I'm sure this is the case in the EPL), so the numbers can be scaled up slightly and you can expect mid-sized EPL clubs are splashing some cash, but overall it's pretty similar to previous versions. In fact in my current save, ever since I got a message one season that says that television revenue has dropped due to declining interest, the entire market has deflated quite a bit.

On 28/01/2018 at 10:28, Meow said:

In fact in my current save, ever since I got a message one season that says that television revenue has dropped due to declining interest, the entire market has deflated quite a bit.

Pleased this has actually worked in the real world - it's a right pain to test!

On 1/30/2018 at 08:14, Alari said:

Pleased this has actually worked in the real world - it's a right pain to test!

Nice to know I helped. I've been noticing a few low key new features in the game.

I do have a few questions to ask though

Is the revenue decrease scripted to manage inflation? Or was some criteria triggered in my save?

I've noticed 2 clubs go bankrupt a point insolvency. Crystal palace and scunthorpe. Crystal Palace's winding up petition got dismissed at high court, but Scunthorpe's went through. I kept looking at what was supposed to happen to Scunthorpe, but I'm not sure what is happening. What's supposed to happen exactly?

I've noticed players moving for undisclosed fees and initially I'm not sure what's happening. However since I've had a transfer like that, in which the chairman took control of it

Screenshot_2018-01-05-10-54-16.thumb.png.38eb8b4d93b3a41bc14cbbe17d9de4ed.png

But what triggered it exactly? He was on loan with a buyout clause, so initially I thought that was the cause but I've since had Meyer loaned out this way without him moving at all.

Also I noticed some players moving with a "Nom.", and my inbox said they moved on a free, which I've got no clue what is going on because they weren't my players. What's happening here? 

Edited by Meow