Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Is it just me ????

ian77

I havnt posted for a while but like it says in title dont no if its since update but all well most of my careers they always seem to die round xmas tactics stop working for me, can start off really well with any club mostly my saves blackpool then the dreaded xmas approaches and what ive been playing with just stops tryed changing players cuz of fitness but im one to stick with it but to no avail always end up sacked round feb time was wondering if anyone else have this problem and if theres anythink i can do  i do love the game and cnt wait for the 19 but sumtimes it really frustrates me cheers

As the reputation of your club rises (as Blackpool ain't a top club at first), the AI adapts a more defensive/counter approach when facing your team. You have to keep tweaking your tactic and adjust depending on who you're facing.

At least this applies to the regular FM, so I'll assume it's the same for FMM.

This article will give you some insights: Can the Football Manager AI figure out your tactic?

3 minutes ago, Stam said:

As the reputation of your club rises (as Blackpool ain't a top club at first), the AI adapts a more defensive/counter approach when facing your team. You have to keep tweaking your tactic and adjust depending on who you're facing.

At least this applies to the regular FM, so I'll assume it's the same for FMM.

This article will give you some insights: Can the Football Manager AI figure out your tactic?

I had a read of that after you tweeted it out. I’d never thought that reputation would be the factor that decides how the AI set up against you. Is it safe to say that when you reach max reputation (whatever that’s called) the AI will setup in the same way all the time? Every match I play these days in my PSG career the opponent always starts on contain in a narrow formation so I always set up to exploit that. Some variation would be better 😝

4 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Is it safe to say that when you reach max reputation (whatever that’s called) the AI will setup in the same way all the time? Every match I play these days in my PSG career the opponent always starts on contain in a narrow formation so I always set up to exploit that. Some variation would be better 😝

Pretty much. Once your reputation is maxed out, the AI can no longer adapt. 🤣

1 minute ago, Stam said:

Pretty much. Once your reputation is maxed out, the AI can no longer adapt. 🤣

This needs two different reactions. A sad one for the lack of adaptability, and a happy one because it means I can hit high numbers 😂

2 hours ago, Nucleus said:

This needs two different reactions. A sad one for the lack of adaptability, and a happy one because it means I can hit high numbers 😂

😆

On 22/09/2018 at 20:48, Nucleus said:

I’d never thought that reputation would be the factor that decides how the AI set up against you.

This was really obvious in 2017. At the start of a season, opponents would be attacking and scoring against them wasn't too hard. After I started becoming successful, they stared getting really defensive and goals were harder to come by.

I haven't noticed it so much in 2018. My opponents seemed to be defensive right from the start. Although maybe I just missed that brief period before I became dominant, LOL.