Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Impassible to win

bence96

Hello everybody!

I buy this game since FMH 2014, and I loved it. But if I was tactical, I won the matches, and I was a World Cup champion with croatian national team, and I was in the top 4 in Premier League with Championship teams. But in FMM 2018 and 2019 it is impossible to win. I’m with Real Madrid now, and knocked out from Spanish cup in the 2nd round, and knocked out from UCL, and I’m only the 2nd in the league. Always play draw with small teams. Can anybody help me? I tried the tactics, what I found here, but with them I won 3 matches and than WDWLD... 

(I use EME, and sorry for my bad english)

thank you!

The difficulty has been raised this year, however with the right players that fit into your system or tactics it shouldn't be that difficult. The defence however has been leaky so don't get fustrated when conceding too many goals.

8 hours ago, bence96 said:

Hello everybody!

I buy this game since FMH 2014, and I loved it. But if I was tactical, I won the matches, and I was a World Cup champion with croatian national team, and I was in the top 4 in Premier League with Championship teams. But in FMM 2018 and 2019 it is impossible to win. I’m with Real Madrid now, and knocked out from Spanish cup in the 2nd round, and knocked out from UCL, and I’m only the 2nd in the league. Always play draw with small teams. Can anybody help me? I tried the tactics, what I found here, but with them I won 3 matches and than WDWLD... 

(I use EME, and sorry for my bad english)

thank you!

I agree the game a pain to play. I hope they stabilize it. Fmh14 was so fun

3 hours ago, bence96 said:

This is the best tactic, I have ever seen!

Hahahahaha I tried it and it didnt work too well for me sadly. i think ill try it again soon 

On 10/11/2018 at 23:07, bb said:

What tactic did u find can u share

I shared that 🙂 BenDTner’s tactic is that 🙂

Edited by bence96

Hi @bence96 you are right it is harder this year, but for a good reason as before to many people found it so easy and won everything in record time, which for me was boring. 

Now you have to think about it, and be mindful that each game might require a different Tactic or formation, each player requires different training for example, so now the game is more realistic and better for it.

just keep tinkering with your tactics until one works for you because where others might of been successful with a tactic being suggested to you, they might have got different players which made it work for them, but not for you, honestly keep tinkering until you get one your happy with

4 minutes ago, Cockers2505 said:

Hi @bence96 you are right it is harder this year, but for a good reason as before to many people found it so easy and won everything in record time, which for me was boring. 

Now you have to think about it, and be mindful that each game might require a different Tactic or formation, each player requires different training for example, so now the game is more realistic and better for it.

just keep tinkering with your tactics until one works for you because where others might of been successful with a tactic being suggested to you, they might have got different players which made it work for them, but not for you, honestly keep tinkering until you get one your happy with

Yeah but I hope the developers realize that this game is pick up and play. If people want a more realistic challenge then they have fm touch.

1 hour ago, Cockers2505 said:

Cheers to that. 

I really do love the tinkering almost as much as good good career. If people learned to enjoy creating tactics they'd love this game even more. New line-ups, roles, players, tactical instructions, and more tweaks, very frustrating I know but the end product is a reward worth waiting for. 

2 hours ago, Gvicii said:

Yeah but I hope the developers realize that this game is pick up and play. If people want a more realistic challenge then they have fm touch.

This why the developers can never win wherever they pitch the difficulty. The game has to be easily accessible but have enough layers of complexity to keep people hooked and interested.

IMHO if you are able to just replicate what you did in a previous version then SI might as well just put out database updates.

8 hours ago, URz said:

This why the developers can never win wherever they pitch the difficulty. The game has to be easily accessible but have enough layers of complexity to keep people hooked and interested.

IMHO if you are able to just replicate what you did in a previous version then SI might as well just put out database updates.

There are other sides of the game that the game can improve on. For example, the training revamp was brilliant; it made it simpler yet more in depth. We could add many more features on the non-tactical side of the game. 

Hey, I was wondering if you could explain a bit about your tactic tinkering strategy. Thank you!!

added 0 minutes later
On 12/11/2018 at 10:35, BatiGoal said:

Cheers to that. 

I really do love the tinkering almost as much as good good career. If people learned to enjoy creating tactics they'd love this game even more. New line-ups, roles, players, tactical instructions, and more tweaks, very frustrating I know but the end product is a reward worth waiting for. 

Edited by Gvicii
2 hours ago, Gvicii said:

Hey, I was wondering if you could explain a bit about your tactic tinkering strategy. Thank you!!

The most important thing you need to understand is that in order to really determine whether or not tweaks have had a positive or negative impact you need to play multiple games against the same opponents. This requires restarting your game over and over and compare results. Play a single game with tweaked setting against a different opponent and you're none the wiser. 

To answer your question, if I'm playing casually or just messing around with the game a bit, I start with a tactic that I *would like* to work, 3-4-3 for instance, and apply tweaks as I progress in the career. Simple role tweaks or instructions or new players etc. 

But if I'm more serious it looks a bit like this: I want to do a challenge with Aston Villa...I load the game and start a test save with Villa. Have a look at their squad and determine which formations I'd like to test, depending on where I'd place their best players. Usually a core group of 4-6 players.. then use the rest to form 3 or 4 possible formations. Let's say 4-4-2, 5-4-1, 5-3-2 and 4-3-2-1. I try each of them in separate saves for 10-15 games. The one that comes out best is what I'm going to fine-tune. 

Say it's the 4-3-2-1, I assign player roles that I think should work with this group. I could be totally wrong, doesn't matter. I play 5-10 games and make mental notes of the progress. Restart game.. tweak for example CD to BPD, W to IF, and passing style short to mixed. I play *the same* games and compare the results. It's important you play the same opponents or your comparison isn't accurate. Worse results, back to original settings. Better results, keep as is and restart game with new settings.. More tweaks, let's try replace P with sub P, DR becomes WBR, final third overlapping enabled.. play the same 10 games. Worse, back to earlier settings, better, keep and restart game with new settings.. I can do this all day long 😂 

You'll reach a point where the tactic is fine-tuned for that specific group of players, but of course could do pretty well with other teams. Just a matter of testing it out, but will never give the same results of course, new players, new opponents etc etc. Once the tactic is pretty damn good I go one tweak (just one) to try and perfect it. But that's a very tedious job and it's never really perfect is it. I'm happy enough when it's consistently giving me good results. But if all that restarting and tweaking got you nowhere, it's back to start with 3-4 new formation to tinker with. 

Time-consuming isn't it 🤪 but hey its not a chore, it's fun testing things out and see progression and improved results. As long as one has time and patience for it. If you don't, the tinkering with tactics is not for you. In that case copy and paste tactics from others here posted on Vibe and pray something sticks. Hope this answers your question. 

Edited by BatiGoal

@BatiGoal How do you determine what might need tweaking or do you just sort of guess at what might work? I'm currently giving your technique a go and after the 10 games was wondering what to look at to see what is missing.

10 minutes ago, Rjgreeno said:

@BatiGoal How do you determine what might need tweaking or do you just sort of guess at what might work? I'm currently giving your technique a go and after the 10 games was wondering what to look at to see what is missing.

I suppose a combination of what makes sense and "guess work" based on my FMM years. I usually don't spend a lot of time tweaking my defense. It's midfield mostly that's time-consuming, going with either flat, triangle or diamond, trying all three and using a combination of roles that worked in the past for me. For example I always include a CM role in one and the others either DLP, BBM, AP, whatever gets me the results. Team instructions are my last tweaks. But as I can't always rely on what makes sense in this game it's a lot of hit and miss too until something sticks. But if you've played the game for many years, like I think you have too I remember seeing you around for quite some time, it certainly helps.

@BatiGoal I have sort of an idea of how to set up tactics, was just wondering if there was anything specific you do when tweaking. Just tweaking the roles in my current tactic fairly happy with the instructions although I will check what the results are like with Pressing on and off

On 12/11/2018 at 13:40, Cockers2505 said:

Completely agree, FMM18 I managed to win the champions league with Aston Villa, with a squad of only English players, within 5 seasons.  I am enjoying this year much more - the new training system I like (stops you being bale to turn a player into an absolute tank in less than a year) and I love how the AI doesn't automatically brain fart and make crazy decisions