Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Realise Clauses hurt

Nikolay Todorov. Cost me £20k in my first season with Altrincham, scored 76 goals in 87 games. Sold for £250k :(

Whats the worst experience you’ve had with release clauses?

5996729F-0A15-4EF9-B8E2-B0DA1B793E1D.png

They used to be so much worse when you couldn't set a fee for the clause to be triggered. Pretty much any offer from what the game deemed to be a bigger club than the one you were managing and the player was gone!

5 minutes ago, Neddy said:

Damn that's a lot of goals, is this normal in fmm?

You clearly haven't read much here 😂

2 minutes ago, samhardy said:

They used to be so much worse when you couldn't set a fee for the clause to be triggered. Pretty much any offer from what the game deemed to be a bigger club than the one you were managing and the player was gone!

You clearly haven't read much here 😂

Btw since this player was so profilic in front of the goal shouldn't he be worth more than 250k? I get it's the Championship but come on that player would be hailed as the next Messi

Had a couple of mean ones in my Albion Rovers career. Lost a centre-back who I'd raised as a pup for a measly 5mill, then smashed his new team in revenge :D

1 minute ago, Neddy said:

Btw since this player was so profilic in front of the goal shouldn't he be worth more than 250k? I get it's the Championship but come on that player would be hailed as the next Messi

Yeah, I think that might be Joshua's point 🤔

4 minutes ago, Neddy said:

Teams higher up the pyramid pick non league players up for peanuts season in season out as the sad reality of it is the teams in the Conference and below can't afford to turn the offers down.

1 hour ago, Neddy said:

He was worth £750k, when he signed his contract he wouldn’t sign it without a release clause 

7 hours ago, JoshuaGuild said:

He was worth £750k, when he signed his contract he wouldn’t sign it without a release clause 

Damn didn't know players did that. I need to play lower leagues. Also isn't 750k rather low for a player scoring almost 80 goals in 2 seasons and almost achieving 1 goal per game ratio?

Edited by Neddy
1 hour ago, Neddy said:

Damn didn't know players did that. I need to play lower leagues. Also isn't 750k rather low for a player scoring almost 80 goals in 2 seasons and almost achieving 1 goal per game ratio?

You'll have to keep in mind that this is in the lower leagues in Scotland... If he scored 80 goals in the highest league in a higher ranked country then his value should easily reach 20-30 mil+(once again, the game still takes into account how good the player actually is. So even if his stats are insane, if his ability isn't that high then you won't get a high price for him) 

Edited by RPA123456
1 hour ago, RPA123456 said:

You'll have to keep in mind that this is in the lower leagues in Scotland... If he scored 80 goals in the highest league in a higher ranked country then his value should easily reach 20-30 mil+(once again, the game still takes into account how good the player actually is. So even if his stats are insane, if his ability isn't that high then you won't get a high price for him) 

So it's impossible for players to improve and increase in value as dramatically as in real life? Salah went from 30 million ish to 150 million within a season

56 minutes ago, Neddy said:

So it's impossible for players to improve and increase in value as dramatically as in real life? Salah went from 30 million ish to 150 million within a season

Nope. 

See the way players and how good they can be is decided in both FM and FMM is thru CA and PA. 

CA Is current ability, how they are right now at this moment. PA is potential ability, how good they could potentially be. The thing about PA however is, that it is simply impossible for a player to grow beyond it. And PA is locked the moment you start a new game. 

So let's take salah IRL for example. Let's say, that when he started playing his PA was set at 4.5/5 stars.(world class potential basically) But because of the facilities not being good enough(at Basel), not getting proper game time(at Chelsea) and probably being a late bloomer, his CA never went beyond 3.5/4 stars for a long time until he went to Roma and then Liverpool where he finally became a world class player(reached his potential basically) 

So basically, in game everyone has a limit they can never exceed but at the same time not everyone will reach that limit to begin with...

Edited by RPA123456

Nope. 

See the way players and how good they can be is decided in both FM and FMM is thru CA and PA. 

CA Is current ability, how they are right now at this moment. PA is potential ability, how good they could potentially be. The thing about PA however is, that it is simply impossible for a player to grow beyond it. And PA is locked the moment you start a new game. 

So let's take salah IRL for example. Let's say, that when he started playing his PA was set at 4.5/5 stars.(world class potential basically) But because of the facilities not being good enough(at Basel), not getting proper game time(at Chelsea) and probably being a late bloomer, his CA never went beyond 3.5/4 stars for a long time until he went to Roma and then Liverpool where he finally became a world class player(reached his potential basically) 

So basically, in game everyone has a limit they can never exceed but at the same time not everyone will reach that limit to begin with...

Bummer, my Original just scored 34 premier league goals, he is 5 star but his value is "just" 75 million

added 0 minutes later

Nope. 

Bummer, my Original just scored 34 premier league goals, he is 5 star but his value is "just" 75 million

2 hours ago, Neddy said:

Dude, ignore the star rating. It’s misleading at best:-

The current and potential ability stars that your scouts give on players can usually be inaccurate. The reason is that they depend on several factors, such as the ability of your scout to judge current and potential ability, the level of the league your team is currently competing in and the level of your squad itself.

Basically what I’m saying is that if you’ve got a “five star” player in the championship, he’s more than likely going to be way below that standard at premiership level. 

Attributes are way more important than current ability or shitty little stars that your scouts give out as a fucking prize for being a good lad in training.

Attributes are more important because they directly reflect a player's quality for specific positions and roles. Current Ability and Potential Ability are “indications” that can give you a good idea of how talented a player could be, but they don't reflect the quality you can measure - attributes.

1 hour ago, Nucleus said:

Dude, ignore the star rating. It’s misleading at best:-

The current and potential ability stars that your scouts give on players can usually be inaccurate. The reason is that they depend on several factors, such as the ability of your scout to judge current and potential ability, the level of the league your team is currently competing in and the level of your squad itself.

Basically what I’m saying is that if you’ve got a “five star” player in the championship, he’s more than likely going to be way below that standard at premiership level. 

Attributes are way more important than current ability or shitty little stars that your scouts give out as a fucking prize for being a good lad in training.

Attributes are more important because they directly reflect a player's quality for specific positions and roles. Current Ability and Potential Ability are “indications” that can give you a good idea of how talented a player could be, but they don't reflect the quality you can measure - attributes.

While I 100% agree with everything @Nucleushas said, I would like to point out the CA and PA I was refering to was the coded-in CA and PA that can only be seen through the in game editor. Not the one your coaches give. 

Personally I've a list of key attributes for every role I have a need for. I just pick players based on how good those attributes are. 

Edited by RPA123456
18 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Yeah, I don’t bother with the editor, why waste another £9 when you can just play the game yourself lol

Yeah definitely not the best £9 I've spent but...I suppose I'm supporting the devs or something I guess... 

I don't really use the IGE much, which is such a shame because there is so much you could add in terms of customisation options. Really the only reason I wanted to bug the IGE was for the additional customisation options and even then I only use it to change the overly long name of some of my regens and maybe change my kit colours and other minor stuff I change just when I want to mess around. Although I don't really use it in any careers I'm serious about. 

2 hours ago, RPA123456 said:

Yeah definitely not the best £9 I've spent but...I suppose I'm supporting the devs or something I guess... 

I don't really use the IGE much, which is such a shame because there is so much you could add in terms of customisation options. Really the only reason I wanted to bug the IGE was for the additional customisation options and even then I only use it to change the overly long name of some of my regens and maybe change my kit colours and other minor stuff I change just when I want to mess around. Although I don't really use it in any careers I'm serious about. 

Yeah I bought it for fmm18. The only memory I have is creating a 17 year old with 20 in every stat

Star ratings are 'relative' to your current club - so a 5 star rating for an English Conference team might only have a current ability of say 85 out of 200 ... where as a 5 star for a Premiership club would require 140-165 current ability or similar (depending on club size, whether they're in Europe etc.).

Edited by Marc Vaughan
2 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Star ratings are 'relative' to your current club - so a 5 star rating for an English Conference team might only have a current ability of say 85 out of 200 ... where as a 5 star for a Premiership club would require 140-165 current ability or similar (depending on club size, whether they're in Europe etc.).

I would like to add on that form greatly affects the star ratings your ass man gives. 

So sometimes a 120 CA striker who is on fire could be higher rated than a 160 CA striker who hasn't found the net. 

On 23/03/2019 at 17:37, RPA123456 said:

It really isn't actually... 

unless you're comparing it to FIFA :)

Btw speaking about depth how important is the Stadium Capacity and the Training/Youth facilities?

4 hours ago, Neddy said:

Btw speaking about depth how important is the Stadium Capacity and the Training/Youth facilities?

Stadium capacity isn't that important(IMO) but the facilities are quite important. 

Training facilities influence how good your player can grow to be(for example a player at a team with basic facilities is unlikely to reach his potential while a player at a team with state of the art facilities is more likely to reach his potential.)

Youth facilities influences how good the players you get in your youth intake will be. AFAIK this only influences the youth academy graduates you get at the start of the season and nothing else(greyed-out reserve players etc...)

So in my opinion if you are going to request upgrades, start with Training facilities then Youth and then Stadium.