Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Ashez Plays "Please Don't Take My Chan" 

Ashez

I see what you mean as it’s a bit low on entertainment especially for the geordie faithful who expect to be entertained. Top of the league though and I suppose there is still time left for the boys to develop a little bit more. I’ll have a guess that you’ll hit 59 league goals this season and hopefully you can win it but I’m not sure if they’ve got it in them personally, look forward to finding out though!

I agree on most of your frustrations especially the bit about established stars or wonderkids and no real middle ground. You have precious little choice on most challenges to just go for the more known players. It’s not the failing the challenge part that bothers me but there has to be some confidence you could actually do it otherwise you’re just wasting time and getting downhearted. A lot of the time when you test stuff you get an idea of what is required in terms of player quality for a specific system you’ve created and you just know that a lesser player won’t be able to do what you want so the options end up becoming rather limited I find anyway.

Not much luck I'm certain that will change and Newcastle winning the title (does not sound right, feels like it should be bottle it)

18 hours ago, broodje kip said:

He didn’t really develop that impressive which I’m very surprised. I thought there would be slightly more greens.

Joe is doing just what I ordered him to. Let him to keep scoring

I had hoped for a few more but I guess it has only been half a season, this slow burn system does ruin shorter saves though unfortunately. 

18 hours ago, gunnersaur said:

Keep it up @Ashez luck will turn eventually 

Let's hope so! 

18 hours ago, Rob said:

What I always love about your recent careers @Ashez is your wonderful demonstration of how broken the game currently is! 

That wasn't my intention for once 😂

It just makes me laugh that I can be top the league scoring basically a goal a game! Especially as I've dropped a decent amount of points which is expected for Newcastle, especially with my underperforming strike partnership! Top the league where your main front two have 8 goals combined in the league 😊

The question is will the game continue to be kind or will I drop like a stone in the second half? I think that's why the game gets beat with the difficulty stick because it is variable for who you are, if I was City for example I guarantee I couldn't be top the league with that many dropped points, but because I'm a mid table team over achieving the rest of the league have been held back so far, imo from experience mind  

16 hours ago, Ian said:

I’ll have a guess that you’ll hit 59 league goals this season and hopefully you can win it

The optimism I love to see!

16 hours ago, Ian said:

It’s not the failing the challenge part that bothers me but there has to be some confidence you could actually do it otherwise you’re just wasting time

Yeah I get that, I've never been scared to crash and burn with what I post on Vibe, failure is normal and expected tbf, but obviously even if I post failures you guys only see a fraction of them as they still need to have something interesting happen to be worth the effort of sharing. 

16 hours ago, Ian said:

becoming rather limited

That's essentially my issue, like I said I've repeatedly had ideas or inspiration yet when it comes to finding players for said idea I find no-one exciting. For example I had an idea to do with Sturridge, obviously a risky pick but he has 7 stamina ffs, it was dead before the idea even took off. 

I know I'm coming from the era of FMM being more arcady with super players but I'll openly admit adjusting to these new lesser players has been a massive struggle for me. It's the one thing I'm struggling to work passed, as I'm so used to good development everything on modern FMM feels like a waste of time. Especially when a random injury or personality quirk can and will just screw you. 

10 hours ago, Paul186 said:

Not much luck I'm certain that will change and Newcastle winning the title (does not sound right, feels like it should be bottle it)

Thanks for the comment :)

Ashez Plays Don't Take My Chan 
Update Three
Bonus Update Two
The League Cup Final

I'm back with another bonus episode for you guys to enjoy as I've only gone and got the mighty Newcastle United to the League Cup Final! 

Screenshot_2020-05-14-08-53-47.thumb.png.a3487505d6c9f468113d1387da84a7f9.png

A tasty looking encounter against our title rivals Liverpool awaits us at Wembley but before we get to that let's check in with our chosen strikers. 

The Main Event 
Hwang Hee-Chan Vs Joelinton

Hwang Hee-Chan
Stats 

Screenshot_2020-05-14-08-53-16.thumb.png.58c1c479c59d9e6a211ffafdedb3025c.png
Not much I can say really. 

Results 

Screenshot_2020-05-14-08-53-20.thumb.png.fc27d51d5d475414460c6ee0c5228923.png

7 league goals isn't the end of the world but his lack of output in the other competitions is disappointing. 

Joelinton
Stats

Screenshot_2020-05-14-08-53-06.thumb.png.df9c01930446c21573a186fc9a97fdab.png

Again I don't really have anything to add to this discussion. 

Results 

Screenshot_2020-05-14-08-53-11.thumb.png.6b673a0bdc46042905461ce3d65285ff.png

I'll take one in three at this point from the Brazilian. 

The Current Points 

No one noticed I completely ballsed up this tally in the previous update then? I recorded goals and not MOTM awards 😂. I only just noticed myself now haha. Or maybe I did it deliberately to tease out @Foxylike the old days. Na I messed up 😂

Hee-Chan - 5 MOTM = +5
Joelinton - 6 MOTM = -18
Current Score =  -13 Points 

Well it's safe to say this isn't going well at all! Joelinton enters a hot streak and really produces some damage on my score. 

Hopefully a day out at Wembley will improve my mood! 

The Build Up

Screenshot_2020-05-14-08-52-40.thumb.png.8fc77a47a3e71735ebfc7d15a5035894.png

Wait? 10+ of my players don't feel like we can get a result? Football is a game of confidence and the games decided I'm going in with my shoe laces tied together ffs! This is the building that's pushed me away from the series. However I'm up to the challenge so hopefully we can pull off a shock. 

Odds & Form 

Screenshot_2020-05-14-08-54-42.thumb.png.6c021ee7c71bc40d0b93621556a2793e.png

Jonjo is a big miss but we're both in form so hopefully this will be a competitive final. 

Line Ups

Screenshot_2020-05-14-08-55-09.thumb.png.8da0a753a36bfdd033a3a3282db87ef2.png

Basically my strongest XI but Wilshere has had to come in for the suspended Shelvey. 

Players To Watch & Key Battles 

Screenshot_2020-05-14-08-55-00.thumb.png.215095ac5b34a83c20d5f983e08d1a77.png

Kick Off 

First Blood 

Screenshot_2020-05-14-08-56-07.thumb.png.7c8af3e009609267e9012077e27823eb.png

Liverpool take an early lead! That's all my boys needed! 

Second Blood 

Screenshot_2020-05-14-08-56-20.thumb.png.30bbccf31e9b20be63c2e39165962274.png

Oh here we go, the crumbling has begun!

Third Blood 

Screenshot_2020-05-14-08-56-46.thumb.png.d6b5a9cc94f4d24fae10b10f2ad2c15f.png

Fumming. We were beaten before a ball was kicked. 

Oh There's a Fourth 

Screenshot_2020-05-14-08-56-53.thumb.png.4e14b1954609c55d06fb0da227026f7a.png

You know the game is actively mocking me when Bobby bloody Firmino bags a brace! 

Half Time 4-0

Screenshot_2020-05-14-08-57-11.thumb.png.e1109c0e772431115e415f2a6582ce70.png

Have you ever seen a more depressing image on these forums? Spanked 4-0 in one half and the midfield has 2 tackles between them! The attacking midfielder may as well be on the beach for all the work he's done! One bloody pass in 45 minutes! ONE! Not to mention he's done f all else but lose headers! Wtf is Rose even doing? Zero tackles as a defender who's been pumped 4-0! Not even an angry booking among them with a harsh referee! Absolutely livid with these lads! They've not only let me down but the fans and themselves! Absolute disgrace to the shirt! Just look at the previous update for our defensive record! One especially for you @Rob

The Second Half 

Oh Hang On!
Wemtanbull is on! 

Screenshot_2020-05-14-08-58-09.thumb.png.1b7171f3ad94056bf8820f653404a219.png
VVD actually feels sorry for us and puts one in for us! We couldn't even score our own consolation! The next goal has to be ours! @samhardywill be twitching now!

Goal Six.....The Comeback Is...

Screenshot_2020-05-14-08-58-35.thumb.png.b3c064721826caa32e1bb185bfa6ffba.png

Over as Salah seals our fate. 

Full Time 

Screenshot_2020-05-14-08-59-44.thumb.png.7febc298791e08017e0212bd177f2f4e.png

Trust one of my old boys to fight until the last, good on Borja lad! 

Post Match Press Conference

"We drew the second half once the pressure was off and the match was done. This is the one time I've felt like resigning on the spot as these lads massively let me down. Or you could blame SI bullshit for massively dicking me before a ball was kicked." 

I'm off to hang my head in shame. 

Screenshot_2020-05-14-08-59-58.thumb.png.d08e44669272253922f85d7acd9eca8e.png

As always I hope you enjoyed the read and any comments will at least be entertaining. Until next time! Firmino man of the match ffs. 

Never good when the goals start flying in and you can’t do anything about it. Sounds like your league campaign is still going well though so you’ll need to pick them up after this and crack on.

Your duo aren’t exactly Shearer and Ferdinand but they are trying their best and I still have faith in them!

This update has concerned me, you appear to be implying that SI decided the outcome of this particular match before a ball was kicked?! :O

They would never do that.

4 hours ago, Ashez said:

Have you ever seen a more depressing image on these forums? Spanked 4-0 in one half and the midfield has 2 tackles between them! The attacking midfielder may as well be on the beach for all the work he's done! One bloody pass in 45 minutes! ONE! Not to mention he's done f all else but lose headers! Wtf is Rose even doing? Zero tackles as a defender who's been pumped 4-0! Not even an angry booking among them with a harsh referee! Absolutely livid with these lads! They've not only let me down but the fans and themselves! Absolute disgrace to the shirt! Just look at the previous update for our defensive record! One especially for you @Rob

However this is the type of content that vibe has been desperately missing from @Ashez. A sensational paragraph.

unlucky in the Cup final then again even if you were lucky you would have only lost by a goal, great write up as usual looking forward to the next part.

16 hours ago, Ian said:

Never good when the goals start flying in and you can’t do anything about it. Sounds like your league campaign is still going well though so you’ll need to pick them up after this and crack on.

Your duo aren’t exactly Shearer and Ferdinand but they are trying their best and I still have faith in them!

What are you meant to do when pre match you're told none your lads fancy it and when they instantly drop to poor performances lol. 

This was the league result at Anfield in December. (Excuse the old school pics, save is on my tablet and CBA to transfer images :p, one for you @samhardy! The good ole days of photos of PSP screens haha) 

IMG_20200708_110301.thumb.jpg.316f9c34dedeb2de4128216ce3d5398d.jpg

We battle to a 0-0, out performed in fairness but what about that should have them believing we didn't stand a chance? Especially as we were in good form before the final. 

IMG_20200708_110313.thumb.jpg.5a440c1b37d16e7d7136ee0e71ec863c.jpg

Needed decent displays from the defence as expected but a decent enough performance. 

Although it's interesting that Rose especially was highlighted as not fancying his chances and in the final he was invisible, since he struggled in this match also. 

Has anyone ever looked into this type of stuff? Previous results verse teams/players influencing future fixtures? It's an interesting concept that. 

16 hours ago, Rob said:

Well that was a close one. 

I'm sure LFC fans loved it 😂

16 hours ago, samhardy said:

This update has concerned me, you appear to be implying that SI decided the outcome of this particular match before a ball was kicked?! :O

They would never do that.

That first image speaks volumes tbh. Obviously I'm not saying it's scripted and SI will say it's the pressures of the final, but to go into a match where essentially half my squad doesn't fancy it is more than limiting ffs. Maybe I've just a weak-minded squad but form was good and we'd a previous result against them. To head into it with 10+ players not fancying it then for all of them to completely bottle the match raises questions. 

This is the shit I cba with, it's not tactic verse tactic and squad verse squad like it was back in the day, it's tossing a coin to see what BS SI throw your way match to match. 

I 100% agree we'd maybe lack confidence as the underdog but to not even have fighting spirit? To not even bother? I dunno. 

16 hours ago, samhardy said:

However this is the type of content that vibe has been desperately missing from @Ashez. A sensational paragraph.

I activity try and avoid that page now as it's nonsense just winds me up. Sucks as back in the day I'd play only using that page, maybe it was a mess back then also but it had patterns and wasn't ever passed of as a "ultra real" engine. 

That is why these slower posts are worthwhile though as you spot things you'd previously ignore or skip. This update alone has brought three or four interesting discussions to the table imo.

15 hours ago, Paul186 said:

unlucky in the Cup final then again even if you were lucky you would have only lost by a goal, great write up as usual looking forward to the next part.

Whatever the result @Paul186is waving the flag, love it!!! 

Tough ask against Liverpool, enjoyed reading despite the defeat and getting Newcastle to a cup final at all is an achievement!

24 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Has anyone ever looked into this type of stuff? Previous results verse teams/players influencing future fixtures? It's an interesting concept that. 

I have noticed on long saves even with top teams that you’ll often get a random team that’ll be a bit of a bogey team throughout the whole save and it’ll be interesting to know if there’s a cause for it early on in the save or whether it’s just randomly decided at the beginning.

The other stuff you’ve highlighted is interesting as I’ve gotten to the stage where I just ignore such things and it’s almost like I need to keep on ignoring them to get any enjoyment out of the game if that makes any sense. 

1 hour ago, Ian said:

I have noticed on long saves even with top teams that you’ll often get a random team that’ll be a bit of a bogey team throughout the whole save and it’ll be interesting to know if there’s a cause for it early on in the save or whether it’s just randomly decided at the beginning.

The other stuff you’ve highlighted is interesting as I’ve gotten to the stage where I just ignore such things and it’s almost like I need to keep on ignoring them to get any enjoyment out of the game if that makes any sense. 

mine was Southampton 😂🤬

6 hours ago, Ian said:

I remember on a Celtic save Kilmarnock were always the sticky ones. That question is a beauty though @Ian!

See back before 2015 I'd live in the stat pages, I'd be com only and reading those stats for info. Since the EME that play style is dead for me as whenever I look at the stats I just get annoyed and quit the game. 

4 hours ago, Ruvio4 said:

mine was Southampton 😂🤬

Good to know 😂

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

See back before 2015 I'd live in the stat pages, I'd be com only and reading those stats for info. Since the EME that play style is dead for me as whenever I look at the stats I just get annoyed and quit the game. 

Makes a bit of sense to me that based on how the OME is a modified version of the original Champman games from mid 90’s - early 00’s and the EME from the FM engine of the mid-late 00’s. Si confirmed this on here and I think it was last year during the whole conditioning fiasco. I do remember I played the full game around the days of the OME engine and there seemed to be much more emphasis on stats and I’m not sure if when they started with the 2d highlights around 2003 whether that was the start of the EME engine or just a visual representation of the OME engine but regardless the EME would’ve no doubt been created with the visuals in mind so it’s easy to see how the stats could’ve got overlooked. It does get to me how they call it an enhanced engine when in reality it’s just a different engine and whilst their original intention was to create a better engine it’s questionable whether they did as it certainly wasn’t without major flaws right from the off. Near post corners plagued every game from those years and they could never get on top of it. We’re seeing it now with the whole aerial striker near post goals. In defence of Si they are working on engines that were created years ago and I guess they’ll be limited in how they can majorly modify anything without just messing everything up but then why call it an enhanced engine? We see fashionable tactical trends in the real world and I’m guessing Si will be trying to base the current game on those things so it does make it tricky, you just know if they were or maybe are creating a match engine now it’d more than likely be based on the styles of Pep and Klopp yet things could change in 10-15 years so you can see where I’m going with this. I actually struggle to answer some of the questions that come up on the forum as I can never work out whether to answer them based on trying to play the match engine or answer them in a ‘how it should work in real life’ way if you get what I mean. There's plenty of stuff you know works in-game yet really shouldn’t but some people only want realistic approaches so you get caught in two minds. Apologies for the long post, hopefully it makes some sense.