Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The Fairytale Challenge

The Fairytale Challenge
image.thumb.jpeg.f78f645306552f520108c16a529b9526.jpeg

Despite the vast riches in the Premier League there is still a pathway for players who start in Non League football to make it to the top of the game. The prime example is Jamie Vardy but also Tyrone Mings, Danny Ings and Chris Smalling not to mention many others have started out there careers playing in front of a few hundred fans in non league and made it all the way to the top level.

The path from non league to the top flight is a much slower one but clubs have done it down the years. Wigan only joined the Football League in 1978 and reached the Premier League in 2005 thanks to Dave Whalen’s millions and some canny management. In the late 70’s and early 80’s Wimbledon enjoyed an even quicker rise as they joined the Fourth Division (League 2) in 1977 and by 1986 they were in the top flight and winning the FA Cup two years later.

The Challenge 

image.thumb.jpeg.3067c5c49e4f1a4ae3371bea7b522567.jpeg

You are going to create your own Fairytale journey from Non League to the Premier League taking a club and two players all the way with you. The aim of this challenge is to be promoted from the bottom League in England and taking your club and two chosen players to Premier League glory.

• You must start in the first season of the game and pick a club from either the National League North or National League South in England this will be your club for the entire challenge.
  • You need to sign a goalscorer and an assister before the start of the season or you can use players already at the club you have chosen.
  • If you wish to start unemployed then you can. In that case if you get a job before the start of the season you can sign the players but if the season has started (first league game played) then you will have to use players already at the club. You also must get a job in season 1 and it must be in either National League North or South.
  • These two players need to be with you the whole way up to the Premier League as they will be your points scorers.
  • The challenge ends when you win the Premier League or your one or both of your players retire/leave the club or if you are sacked.
  • No MyClub.
  • No unlockables unless earned in the save and you must start with no reputation or coaching badge.
  • No cheating in anyway
  • No edited DB’s or use of the IGE.
  • Proof is needed with screenshots so the best way is to start a career thread for us all to follow.
image.jpeg.8bd3364aca0302292705db959eb95f94.jpeg

You will get one point for every goal scored by your goalscorer and one point for every assist your assister gets but only in the seasons you are promoted and then the season you win the Premier League.

You will also get your league points from your promotion and Premier League winning seasons added to the total as well.

If you don’t win promotion or the Premier League in a season the challenge can continue but the goals/assists and league points won’t count towards your points total. There is only 6 seasons you can score points from.

Leaderboards

image.thumb.png.414e9791f0729c4d55ffafdeb2ecef81.png

•  

Good Luck and have fun.

This is a brilliant challenge @Foxy and shame this has to be done from the very first season and couldn't of been from starting unemployed and finding a club , I'd have had some good points on the board as I've got a goalscorer whose scored every season from Conference North to Championship so far 

5 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

shame this has to be done from the very first season

The reason I say it has to be in season one is that is when the game is at its trickiest. It’s a simple fact that is the same on PC and has always been the case since the days of Champ Man that there are less players to sign at the start of season 1 and once you are through that season you get good players out of contract or randomly transfer listed.

5 hours ago, AdamNufc said:

starting unemployed and finding a club

I have added a rule which says you can start unemployed but if you don’t get a job before the start of the season you will have to use two players already at the club and you need to get a job at some point in season 1 for the reason stated above.

1 minute ago, Foxy said:

The reason I say it has to be in season one is that is when the game is at its trickiest. It’s a simple fact that is the same on PC and has always been the case since the days of Champ Man that there are less players to sign at the start of season 1 and once you are through that season you get good players out of contract or randomly transfer listed.

I have added a rule which says you can start unemployed but if you don’t get a job before the start of the season you will have to use two players already at the club and you need to get a job at some point in season 1 for the reason stated above.

Yeah I get that , my save with South Shields started in the second season so I wouldn't qualify , totally understand though as you do get some quality players too good for the lower levels sometimes after season 1