Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Any way of improving this side of the player??

Screenshot_2021-08-27-14-36-08-913_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.eadf6a790f49e49f64d96ce652cc9684.jpg

Picture should tell the story. Scout reports seems to imply that he'll be a world beater, so I'm hesitant on giving up on him, but are there anyway in improving his mental stats as shown in the pic?

6 minutes ago, d e m a r a i said:

Screenshot_2021-08-27-14-36-08-913_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.eadf6a790f49e49f64d96ce652cc9684.jpg

Picture should tell the story. Scout reports seems to imply that he'll be a world beater, so I'm hesitant on giving up on him, but are there anyway in improving his mental stats as shown in the pic?

If he has a bad game give him a warning or a fine, or if you go talk to the player and the coach says he hasn’t been training well, so the same again, it improves work rate which should improve the rest I believe. 

Also try and find him a mentor that has high work rate.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

If he has a bad game give him a warning or a fine, or if you go talk to the player and the coach says he hasn’t been training well, so the same again, it improves work rate which should improve the rest I believe. 

Also try and find him a mentor that has high work rate.

Just a word of caution with this though is that sometimes players will react very negatively towards a criticism or formal warning, even if they did play/train poorly. This can drop their moral, motivation, work rate or respect for you, making those mental stats even worse!

While I’ve never tested this, I had thought the best way to do this would be through a great mentor, who is positive on at least the top 4 elements - even if I have to buy in (or sign on a free) a relatively cheap & old player specifically for mentoring.

Haven’t tried anything else.

12 minutes ago, HudsonOfSmeg said:

Just a word of caution with this though is that sometimes players will react very negatively towards a criticism or formal warning, even if they did play/train poorly. This can drop their moral, motivation, work rate or respect for you, making those mental stats even worse!

I think I’ve been really lucky with my careers, hasn’t happened to me luckily, but yeah if this happens, do it with caution 🤞🏻

Thank you all @Rich @DanEnglish @HudsonOfSmeg for the advice, hopefully this Sané kid turns out the way I hope with abit of mentoring 

Screenshot_2021-08-27-19-04-44-128_com_sega.score.thumb.jpg.59f3abb7f8d602c774bc4463a9fa9b9d.jpg

Was tempted on pairing him with Lemar due to the latter's personality type but then realized he was sorta of the same boat when I saw his relationship tab so hopefully FDJ can do the job done :D

A big name Dutch striker having regen soon... He's probably Huntelaar. 

The easiest way is through mentoring. However, a successful mentor relationship can only increase one hidden attribute, so you have to make a choice between professionalism and loyalty. Beware that a mentor relationship could also decrease hidden attributes, therefore reloading might be necessary.

Based on my experience, mentoring would only have the chance to success if the coach says it's perfect, even ideal won't work. So you'd better off getting a striker as mentor. I'm not very positive about De Jong mentoring him.

As @Rich said, criticism could work but you can't guarantee it happen (I think the rating need to be below 6) and it might have a countereffect if the player's other hidden attributes are low. 

Edited by eternalaurora

In your case, considering you are using De Jong, Aguero could be a good choice as his mentor since he is already in your team. Anyway, Huntelaar isn't that amazing of a striker. You can always get rid of him if it doesn't go well.

Edited by eternalaurora

I agree with most what of people have written above, but disagree on a few points.

I'd definitely warn him (or fine him if that doesn't work) after any 5 or below rated performances, but it may backfire as mentioned above, so I only do that if he hasn't signed a contract (or joined the club) in the last 6 months. If he's upset, you can give him a new contract but that's not possible if he joined recently. Some players will never react to discipline positively, but if they do you can normally do this multiple times and get some decent improvements there. Tip: if a player gets down to a rating of 5 at any point in the game, I drag him off so I can discipline him! 🤣

I agree with @eternalaurora that it's better to have a perfect mentor (from memory I've had some success with ideal, but maybe not as much improvement, I'll watch this more closely from now on), but I've found that mentoring can increase more than one attribute - the mentor will focus on one, but sometimes other increase too. Sometimes multiple hidden attributes can improve, especially when you get that message that says something like "XXX has taken on some of the mentor's personality" (can't remember the exact words).

I've done some testing on this and I once had a player jump from a Work Rate of 8 to 20 (because that's what his mentor had) and at the same time his Professionalism improved (though not as much). But, this is pretty rare from what I've seen, so don't get your hopes up too much! 😄

As for who it is, yep Huntelaar is most likely, but could also be Babbel maybe. They have exactly the same feet so there is no way of telling which it is unless you look at their actual PA. It doesn't make much difference as they are around the same PA anyway - Huntelaar is very low 4.5 stars and Babbel is high 4 stars. 

As @eternalaurora says, you can always sell him if it doesn't go well, but I actually think Huntelaar's PA is pretty good. He's about the same as Jamie Vardy for example. Yes, you can get higher PA, but that's not all it's cracked up to be. I've found that it takes longer for players with much higher PA to reach their top level (sometimes until they're 26 or over) and longer for them to bounce back after each injury, etc. If you have the Huntelaar regen from the time they are young, then he'll end up awesome attributes-wise anyway. Trained up regens end up with better attributes than existing players at the start of the game with the same PA.

Of course you could just keep him and play him anyway. He'll probably do better if he was more professional and there is a chance he may upset the team, but players such as this can do well anyway. I wouldn't have too many players like that, but a couple tend to not affect the team too much.

Anyway, all that's just my opinion based on what I've seen, none of this is 100% science! You need to try things out and see how they go. Good luck!

59 minutes ago, Scratch said:

I agree with most what of people have written above, but disagree on a few points.

I'd definitely warn him (or fine him if that doesn't work) after any 5 or below rated performances, but it may backfire as mentioned above, so I only do that if he hasn't signed a contract (or joined the club) in the last 6 months. If he's upset, you can give him a new contract but that's not possible if he joined recently. Some players will never react to discipline positively, but if they do you can normally do this multiple times and get some decent improvements there. Tip: if a player gets down to a rating of 5 at any point in the game, I drag him off so I can discipline him! 🤣

I agree with @eternalaurora that it's better to have a perfect mentor (from memory I've had some success with ideal, but maybe not as much improvement, I'll watch this more closely from now on), but I've found that mentoring can increase more than one attribute - the mentor will focus on one, but sometimes other increase too. Sometimes multiple hidden attributes can improve, especially when you get that message that says something like "XXX has taken on some of the mentor's personality" (can't remember the exact words).

I've done some testing on this and I once had a player jump from a Work Rate of 8 to 20 (because that's what his mentor had) and at the same time his Professionalism improved (though not as much). But, this is pretty rare from what I've seen, so don't get your hopes up too much! 😄

As for who it is, yep Huntelaar is most likely, but could also be Babbel maybe. They have exactly the same feet so there is no way of telling which it is unless you look at their actual PA. It doesn't make much difference as they are around the same PA anyway - Huntelaar is very low 4.5 stars and Babbel is high 4 stars. 

As @eternalaurora says, you can always sell him if it doesn't go well, but I actually think Huntelaar's PA is pretty good. He's about the same as Jamie Vardy for example. Yes, you can get higher PA, but that's not all it's cracked up to be. I've found that it takes longer for players with much higher PA to reach their top level (sometimes until they're 26 or over) and longer for them to bounce back after each injury, etc. If you have the Huntelaar regen from the time they are young, then he'll end up awesome attributes-wise anyway. Trained up regens end up with better attributes than existing players at the start of the game with the same PA.

Of course you could just keep him and play him anyway. He'll probably do better if he was more professional and there is a chance he may upset the team, but players such as this can do well anyway. I wouldn't have too many players like that, but a couple tend to not affect the team too much.

Anyway, all that's just my opinion based on what I've seen, none of this is 100% science! You need to try things out and see how they go. Good luck!

Yeah that "picks up personality" is what I look for in a mentor relationship, but I think it just indicates one attribute has been increased. If that doesn't show and it's just a morale boost, then an attribute has been impacted negatively.

I'm not quite sure if that slight increase in personality is caused by team dynamics or mentor relationship since I always start mentoring ASAP (does dynamics even work?). Sometimes the mentor relationship doesn't get all the way to the end but the personality still changes. When that happens, you can't pick which attribute to be changed. I haven't quite figured out how that works.

Huntelaar is great but I feel like Man City should have a Diego Costa level player as their starting striker. I think the hidden attributes are more important given the PA gap isn't too big (haven't seen anyone else saying Rashford better than Mbappe other than myself).

32 minutes ago, eternalaurora said:

Yeah that "picks up personality" is what I look for in a mentor relationship, but I think it just indicates one attribute has been increased. If that doesn't show and it's just a morale boost, then an attribute has been impacted negatively.

I'm not quite sure if that slight increase in personality is caused by team dynamics or mentor relationship since I always start mentoring ASAP (does dynamics even work?). Sometimes the mentor relationship doesn't get all the way to the end but the personality still changes. When that happens, you can't pick which attribute to be changed. I haven't quite figured out how that works.

Huntelaar is great but I feel like Man City should have a Diego Costa level player as their starting striker. I think the hidden attributes are more important given the PA gap isn't too big (haven't seen anyone else saying Rashford better than Mbappe other than myself).

I'm gonna have to do some more testing! I'll try to get screenshots of the hidden attributes before mentoring starts and just before the end of mentoring event and immediately after it. Though not sure when I'll have time to do it, but I want to do it! 😄

I agree the hidden attributes are pretty important. As for Huntelaar vs Costa, the PA difference is only 6 points (Costa being higher) which isn't much really - at least that's how the game sees them... 

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

I'm gonna have to do some more testing! I'll try to get screenshots of the hidden attributes before mentoring starts and just before the end of mentoring event and immediately after it. Though not sure when I'll have time to do it, but I want to do it! 😄

I agree the hidden attributes are pretty important. As for Huntelaar vs Costa, the PA difference is only 6 points (Costa being higher) which isn't much really - at least that's how the game sees them... 

Oh yeah? I thought Huntelaar is 160. Gotta double check. Plus Huntelaar's hidden attributes (consistency and big games) are lower than Costa's. Sure consistency can be mentored but there might be more important attributes to improve.

4 minutes ago, eternalaurora said:

Oh yeah? I thought Huntelaar is 160. Gotta double check. Plus Huntelaar's hidden attributes (consistency and big games) are lower than Costa's. Sure consistency can be mentored but there might be more important attributes to improve.

162 vs 168 in the March database. Haven't checked their hidden attributes. 

I managed to catch a save right before the end of a mentoring partnership and ran it 20 times with varying results. Will write it up tomorrow as it's 4.30am here now...

Although I couldn't resist just checking out those lads' attributes before going to sleep and it's fairly close really. Costa shades him but I'd take Huntelaar because of the injury value.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210829-043451-01.jpeg.a0c06208f31448d98776ddfff4a0f254.jpeg

Screenshot_20210829-043515-01.jpeg.7aa1069bbaa55fea46bb6f86add9753c.jpeg

4 hours ago, Scratch said:

Although I couldn't resist just checking out those lads' attributes before going to sleep and it's fairly close really. Costa shades him but I'd take Huntelaar because of the injury value.

Hide contents

Screenshot_20210829-043451-01.jpeg.a0c06208f31448d98776ddfff4a0f254.jpeg

Screenshot_20210829-043515-01.jpeg.7aa1069bbaa55fea46bb6f86add9753c.jpeg

oh, that looks like a really nice app! where did you get it? i would definetly pay a few bucks for it 🤓

17 hours ago, eternalaurora said:

In your case, considering you are using De Jong, Aguero could be a good choice as his mentor since he is already in your team. Anyway, Huntelaar isn't that amazing of a striker. You can always get rid of him if it doesn't go well.

Yeah aguero would've been a great mentor, if only for the fact that he retired abit early

Also is it possible that transfer fees affect the players mentality going into a club. Atleast in my save there were already multiple clubs wanting to sign him early on (which is rather weird especially given the fact he was still 17?) So had to pay Ajax a premium for an EoS deal to make sure I got him. Ended up costing 47.5mill not counting wages which I feel is what coming back to bite me rn

Also the mentoring seems to be doing well, again it's not the best I agree since the stats doesn't align, but teamwork is improving which I feel like should be a plus given his mental attributes

remember squad status also changes how his traits affects the squad, so while they are bad keep his status as low as possible so it doesnt affect your squad dynamics

20 minutes ago, MatiasDFS said:

remember squad status also changes how his traits affects the squad, so while they are bad keep his status as low as possible so it doesnt affect your squad dynamics

What?! Wow I had no idea.

So the opposite should also be true. If you have a good player with great traits, giving him a higher status will give him more influence on the squad ... ?!

If true, that changes how I do contract negotiations / squad statuses.

2 hours ago, MatiasDFS said:

oh, that looks like a really nice app! where did you get it? i would definetly pay a few bucks for it 🤓

Hey mate, this is the one I'm making - almost in beta (but then I've been saying that for a while now)... 

Also, that's why I keep saying I shouldn't be included in leaderboards etc - because although I don't use the app on challenges, I've seen behind the scenes of enough players to have an unfair advantage...

22 minutes ago, DanEnglish said:

So the opposite should also be true. If you have a good player with great traits, giving him a higher status will give him more influence on the squad ... ?!

Yeah, @MatiasDFS is right about that, at least that's what I've found. I used to keep everyone with as low a status as possible. Now I give them more than what they want if it looks like they might be a good influence and the dull green influence icons turn bright green! 

I'm not sure if it helps with mentoring or just squad dynamic, but I'd assume it does. Something to keep an eye on I guess (I might test it sometime).

27 minutes ago, DanEnglish said:

yup, tbf it was @Scratch discover... i always tried to keep it as low as possible so they dont complain when i dont play them... but this changes everything, maybe is worth make someone with really good traits a key player status if you know you will play him enough

9 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Hey mate, this is the one I'm making - almost in beta (but then I've been saying that for a while now)... 

Also, that's why I keep saying I shouldn't be included in leaderboards etc - because although I don't use the app on challenges, I've seen behind the scenes of enough players to have an unfair advantage...

yeah i knew, i dont want to hurry you, just a lil joke so you remember i want it out when you are ready 😁

4 minutes ago, MatiasDFS said:

yeah i knew, i dont want to hurry you, just a lil joke so you remember i want it out when you are ready 😁

I was like... "WTF... He knows it's my app!" 🤣

7 minutes ago, MatiasDFS said:

yup, tbf it was @Scratch discover... i always tried to keep it as low as possible so they dont complain when i dont play them... but this changes everything, maybe is worth make someone with really good traits a key player status if you know you will play him enough

Yeah, Thorsby is my go to guy for being a good influence and useful player (but only a decent squad player for the better teams). I be like "Come join us" and he's all "Sure! I'll be a backup up player" and I'm like "Nah dawg, you'll be a key player"... 🤣

@eternalaurora - Alright, here's the mentoring test I did last night - just looking at the effect of "mentorship finished" event on hidden attributes (not the other attributes).

I joined a club, set up a mentoring partnership and holidayed through until the just before it ended. Not as good as playing it, but I don't have time to do that.

I tried 4 times before I got one to work. First I used Herrera at PSG, then Goretzka at Bayern and both times it went almost 2 years and ended up getting to the point where the player felt he wasn't learning much from the mentor. Both times, they were a perfect match and had good influence, so I guess that shows that there's more to it than that. I know I've seen some players marked as good influences on younger players, so perhaps there is another hidden attribute for that somewhere.

Next I went to Celtic and tried Thorsby because I've had good results with him before, but he wasn't a perfect match, only good - I tried it, but the player lost interest in his mentorship after a couple of months, as was expected.

So finally I turned to Scott Brown, who I know mentors players more quickly than most (maybe because of his Leadership?) and who was a perfect match. That the test that actually worked and got the player to complete his mentorship.

The Mentor:

mentoring-02.jpg.5d4a8bb356be9d23ff67cb0ce234e640.jpg

Spoiler

mentoring-05.jpg.d6406899bd49c133dd315f69c8968d16.jpg

The Player

1782861952_Screenshot_20210829-035616_FM21Mobile.jpg.6bdcef0084bcc342df510b2d10f6a03c.jpg

Starting Hidden Attributes:

mentoring-01.jpg.140d0dd62d63643dcf8a7edcb4560ce9.jpg

The Partnership

mentoring-03.jpg.9610cf4adea7ed3d5f0a58d6c3fac5cf.jpg

Perfect role model and focusing on leadership (though I don't look at that at all in this test, just the hidden attributes).

Just Before The Relationship Ends

By the time Murray's ready to graduate, his hidden attributes look like this:

Screenshot_20210829-125507.jpg.c567efb072ee046837811199363f0a9e.jpg

Most are unchanged, but Unselfishness has improved by 2 over the course of the test. We don't know if it was from the mentoring or squad influence or something else.

The Graduation

All the results are in this spoiler section if you want to look:

Spoiler

mentoring-04.jpg.053b4def3298649d6dc3fd1782af107a.jpg

mentoring-06.jpg.567b721a7267da60cb15c4af69e27ca2.jpg

mentoring-07.jpg.a6cd41f30b9f152876240c4a7b706f13.jpg

mentoring-08.jpg.2cc1c3c128f926fe5324875f9e97c716.jpg

mentoring-09.jpg.b19929efa281f2d717f73676be107652.jpg

mentoring-10.jpg.709a212ed5d4d869a73764df3d191121.jpg

mentoring-11.jpg.3f266427076541f76c6d3b32061ca9ea.jpg

mentoring-12.jpg.5c40be9992748b9c9cf48c87e12dd946.jpg

mentoring-13.jpg.2adb0df3d90841b62949719bf745d35e.jpg

mentoring-14.jpg.bc9f349759c5615c0cf34799f00415bf.jpg

mentoring-15.jpg.2a5460c30778042e086789ce4c7081a8.jpg

mentoring-16.jpg.803b6d621168162d3f11b19e49080e65.jpg

mentoring-17.jpg.4466ef70814b59f05bbe81723af701d9.jpg

mentoring-18.jpg.788fd16c1705ae5b4c7639d6ecccd2ed.jpg

mentoring-19.jpg.fd59d532b9cdec1307167626ad73a6b9.jpg

mentoring-20.jpg.fe176b56a1ca399cc489f368ce88dbd5.jpg

mentoring-21.jpg.f9681f10b694037c6b83d06eeb790325.jpg

mentoring-22.jpg.284e4b10f417a0c5bbff38e30364172b.jpg

mentoring-23.jpg.6fb651427b2219b2d4070ad902715e5e.jpg

mentoring-24.jpg.18f2b7092d0610f7d0f87e1947b8d547.jpg

mentoring-25.jpg.a7e8e66f209aece551873bea64f78d13.jpg

mentoring-26.jpg.84c152844bce4bb5005b35a96777aac7.jpg

mentoring-27.jpg.23c7e52dedbbe7d93c698084f45a75c6.jpg

mentoring-28.jpg.a532355c32689091e1709d6dd3348c1c.jpg

mentoring-29.jpg.e8359612d3a2da4347006906d2acc872.jpg

mentoring-30.jpg.2310bad9c5be0f9094309dfaa1681745.jpg

mentoring-31.jpg.f9fc31210a18a15b39b0d0eeddbfba41.jpg

mentoring-32.jpg.dfbf94ccbd21fffc2a8eedcb639e40ad.jpg

mentoring-33.jpg.1025875eb793222241dc1afe12c996e3.jpg

mentoring-34.jpg.72ab53ec901e055feb69f6ec1839ede6.jpg

mentoring-35.jpg.99845d91a567dc095771e00872fad5d0.jpg

mentoring-36.jpg.cd73298761d56f779eaeca344acf12e8.jpg

mentoring-37.jpg.e8d2eefaa88cd40fed449f13a5a4fb49.jpg

mentoring-38.jpg.bb6dcce028b4685ee8f6f25b5f31a63f.jpg

mentoring-39.jpg.ede62c40ff10ebd20d2bb62023f9fda2.jpg

mentoring-40.jpg.a8b33be521848469b0c3f4c403887152.jpg

mentoring-41.jpg.78ed5974f6ccf2b700013ff290bd3165.jpg

mentoring-42.jpg.c62ed6dcdb3ad4aed6f220054d9f1bd6.jpg

mentoring-43.jpg.5c5995810ea53077394a3c65e8819ec9.jpg

mentoring-44.jpg.f76ebbaa728e85db62c67c445591d469.jpg

but here is the table summarising them:

Test Trait Picked Up Main Attribute Change Other Attribute Changes
1 Work Rate Work Rate +8 Pressure +1
2 Loyalty Loyalty +7 Pressure +1, Unselfishness +1, Work Rate +1
3 Pressure Pressure +6 Work Rate +1
4 Work Rate Work Rate +8 Pressure +1
5 Consistency Consistency +6 Pressure +1, Work Rate +1
6 None N/A Pressure +1, Work Rate +1, Ambition -1
7 Professionalism Professionalism +2 Pressure +1, Unselfishness +1, Work Rate +1
8 None N/A Pressure +1, Work Rate +1, Ambition -1
9 None N/A Pressure +1, Work Rate +1
10 Pressure Pressure +6 Unselfishness +1, Work Rate +1
11 Work Rate Work Rate +8 Pressure +1
12 None N/A* Pressure +1, Work Rate +1, Temperament -7
13 Professionalism Professionalism +2 Pressure +1, Unselfishness +1, Work Rate +1
14 None N/A* Pressure +1, Unselfishness +1, Work Rate +1, Temperament -7
15 Pressure Pressure +6 Unselfishness +1, Work Rate +1
16 Professionalism Professionalism +2 Pressure +1, Work Rate +1
17 Professionalism Professionalism +2 Pressure +1, Work Rate +1
18 Determination Determination +5 Pressure +1, Unselfishness +1, Work Rate +1
19 None N/A Pressure +1, Unselfishness +1, Work Rate +1, Ambition -1
20 Consistency Consistency +6 Pressure +1, Unselfishness +1, Work Rate +1

Of the 20 test, the personality traits being picked up were as follows:

• 6 were reported as none (but 2 of these were actually Temperament)
  • 4 were Professionalism
  • 3 were Work Rate
  • 3 were Pressure
  • 2 were Consistency
  • 1 was Determination
  • 1 was Loyalty

Note: I highlighted how much the main attribute changed, but actually the size of the change isn't really significant - all that's happening is he's taking Brown's value for that attribute (including a decrease for Temperament).

In all cases, there were changes to other hidden attributes. In particular, Pressure and Work Rate liked to increase. These aren't directly related to Leadership (which is what Brown was mentoring him in), so I can only guess they were bits of his personality rubbing off on Murray. 

I was sort of hoping I'd find a pattern, eg "if the Professionalism is picked up, the following other attributes will always change", but it looks like there is at least some element of randomness there.

All of this is probably dependent on the actual mentor and the player, so it may turn out quite different for other players - still it's pretty interesting (to me anyway).

Anyway, not sure what it all means - I guess find the best mentor you can, with good personality, good influence, and the ability to train people quickly, assign them to players who are a perfect match and then hope they pass on a trait they are strong in and the player is weaker in (Brown passing on +2 Professionalism to Murray isn't bad, but +8 Work Rate is better!).

Edited by Scratch
On 29/08/2021 at 12:00, Scratch said:

@eternalaurora - Alright, here's the mentoring test I did last night - just looking at the effect of "mentorship finished" event on hidden attributes (not the other attributes).

I joined a club, set up a mentoring partnership and holidayed through until the just before it ended. Not as good as playing it, but I don't have time to do that.

I tried 4 times before I got one to work. First I used Herrera at PSG, then Goretzka at Bayern and both times it went almost 2 years and ended up getting to the point where the player felt he wasn't learning much from the mentor. Both times, they were a perfect match and had good influence, so I guess that shows that there's more to it than that. I know I've seen some players marked as good influences on younger players, so perhaps there is another hidden attribute for that somewhere.

Next I went to Celtic and tried Thorsby because I've had good results with him before, but he wasn't a perfect match, only good - I tried it, but the player lost interest in his mentorship after a couple of months, as was expected.

So finally I turned to Scott Brown, who I know mentors players more quickly than most (maybe because of his Leadership?) and who was a perfect match. That the test that actually worked and got the player to complete his mentorship.

The Mentor:

mentoring-02.jpg.5d4a8bb356be9d23ff67cb0ce234e640.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

mentoring-05.jpg.d6406899bd49c133dd315f69c8968d16.jpg

The Player

1782861952_Screenshot_20210829-035616_FM21Mobile.jpg.6bdcef0084bcc342df510b2d10f6a03c.jpg

Starting Hidden Attributes:

mentoring-01.jpg.140d0dd62d63643dcf8a7edcb4560ce9.jpg

The Partnership

mentoring-03.jpg.9610cf4adea7ed3d5f0a58d6c3fac5cf.jpg

Perfect role model and focusing on leadership (though I don't look at that at all in this test, just the hidden attributes).

Just Before The Relationship Ends

By the time Murray's ready to graduate, his hidden attributes look like this:

Screenshot_20210829-125507.jpg.c567efb072ee046837811199363f0a9e.jpg

Most are unchanged, but Unselfishness has improved by 2 over the course of the test. We don't know if it was from the mentoring or squad influence or something else.

The Graduation

All the results are in this spoiler section if you want to look:

Reveal hidden contents

mentoring-04.jpg.053b4def3298649d6dc3fd1782af107a.jpg

mentoring-06.jpg.567b721a7267da60cb15c4af69e27ca2.jpg

mentoring-07.jpg.a6cd41f30b9f152876240c4a7b706f13.jpg

mentoring-08.jpg.2cc1c3c128f926fe5324875f9e97c716.jpg

mentoring-09.jpg.b19929efa281f2d717f73676be107652.jpg

mentoring-10.jpg.709a212ed5d4d869a73764df3d191121.jpg

mentoring-11.jpg.3f266427076541f76c6d3b32061ca9ea.jpg

mentoring-12.jpg.5c40be9992748b9c9cf48c87e12dd946.jpg

mentoring-13.jpg.2adb0df3d90841b62949719bf745d35e.jpg

mentoring-14.jpg.bc9f349759c5615c0cf34799f00415bf.jpg

mentoring-15.jpg.2a5460c30778042e086789ce4c7081a8.jpg

mentoring-16.jpg.803b6d621168162d3f11b19e49080e65.jpg

mentoring-17.jpg.4466ef70814b59f05bbe81723af701d9.jpg

mentoring-18.jpg.788fd16c1705ae5b4c7639d6ecccd2ed.jpg

mentoring-19.jpg.fd59d532b9cdec1307167626ad73a6b9.jpg

mentoring-20.jpg.fe176b56a1ca399cc489f368ce88dbd5.jpg

mentoring-21.jpg.f9681f10b694037c6b83d06eeb790325.jpg

mentoring-22.jpg.284e4b10f417a0c5bbff38e30364172b.jpg

mentoring-23.jpg.6fb651427b2219b2d4070ad902715e5e.jpg

mentoring-24.jpg.18f2b7092d0610f7d0f87e1947b8d547.jpg

mentoring-25.jpg.a7e8e66f209aece551873bea64f78d13.jpg

mentoring-26.jpg.84c152844bce4bb5005b35a96777aac7.jpg

mentoring-27.jpg.23c7e52dedbbe7d93c698084f45a75c6.jpg

mentoring-28.jpg.a532355c32689091e1709d6dd3348c1c.jpg

mentoring-29.jpg.e8359612d3a2da4347006906d2acc872.jpg

mentoring-30.jpg.2310bad9c5be0f9094309dfaa1681745.jpg

mentoring-31.jpg.f9fc31210a18a15b39b0d0eeddbfba41.jpg

mentoring-32.jpg.dfbf94ccbd21fffc2a8eedcb639e40ad.jpg

mentoring-33.jpg.1025875eb793222241dc1afe12c996e3.jpg

mentoring-34.jpg.72ab53ec901e055feb69f6ec1839ede6.jpg

mentoring-35.jpg.99845d91a567dc095771e00872fad5d0.jpg

mentoring-36.jpg.cd73298761d56f779eaeca344acf12e8.jpg

mentoring-37.jpg.e8d2eefaa88cd40fed449f13a5a4fb49.jpg

mentoring-38.jpg.bb6dcce028b4685ee8f6f25b5f31a63f.jpg

mentoring-39.jpg.ede62c40ff10ebd20d2bb62023f9fda2.jpg

mentoring-40.jpg.a8b33be521848469b0c3f4c403887152.jpg

mentoring-41.jpg.78ed5974f6ccf2b700013ff290bd3165.jpg

mentoring-42.jpg.c62ed6dcdb3ad4aed6f220054d9f1bd6.jpg

mentoring-43.jpg.5c5995810ea53077394a3c65e8819ec9.jpg

mentoring-44.jpg.f76ebbaa728e85db62c67c445591d469.jpg

but here is the table summarising them:

Test Trait Picked Up Main Attribute Change Other Attribute Changes
1 Work Rate Work Rate +8 Pressure +1
2 Loyalty Loyalty +7 Pressure +1, Unselfishness +1, Work Rate +1
3 Pressure Pressure +6 Work Rate +1
4 Work Rate Work Rate +8 Pressure +1
5 Consistency Consistency +6 Pressure +1, Work Rate +1
6 None N/A Pressure +1, Work Rate +1, Ambition -1
7 Professionalism Professionalism +2 Pressure +1, Unselfishness +1, Work Rate +1
8 None N/A Pressure +1, Work Rate +1, Ambition -1
9 None N/A Pressure +1, Work Rate +1
10 Pressure Pressure +6 Unselfishness +1, Work Rate +1
11 Work Rate Work Rate +8 Pressure +1
12 None N/A* Pressure +1, Work Rate +1, Temperament -7
13 Professionalism Professionalism +2 Pressure +1, Unselfishness +1, Work Rate +1
14 None N/A* Pressure +1, Unselfishness +1, Work Rate +1, Temperament -7
15 Pressure Pressure +6 Unselfishness +1, Work Rate +1
16 Professionalism Professionalism +2 Pressure +1, Work Rate +1
17 Professionalism Professionalism +2 Pressure +1, Work Rate +1
18 Determination Determination +5 Pressure +1, Unselfishness +1, Work Rate +1
19 None N/A Pressure +1, Unselfishness +1, Work Rate +1, Ambition -1
20 Consistency Consistency +6 Pressure +1, Unselfishness +1, Work Rate +1

Of the 20 test, the personality traits being picked up were as follows:

• 6 were reported as none (but 2 of these were actually Temperament)
  • 4 were Professionalism
  • 3 were Work Rate
  • 3 were Pressure
  • 2 were Consistency
  • 1 was Determination
  • 1 was Loyalty

Note: I highlighted how much the main attribute changed, but actually the size of the change isn't really significant - all that's happening is he's taking Brown's value for that attribute (including a decrease for Temperament).

In all cases, there were changes to other hidden attributes. In particular, Pressure and Work Rate liked to increase. These aren't directly related to Leadership (which is what Brown was mentoring him in), so I can only guess they were bits of his personality rubbing off on Murray. 

I was sort of hoping I'd find a pattern, eg "if the Professionalism is picked up, the following other attributes will always change", but it looks like there is at least some element of randomness there.

All of this is probably dependent on the actual mentor and the player, so it may turn out quite different for other players - still it's pretty interesting (to me anyway).

Anyway, not sure what it all means - I guess find the best mentor you can, with good personality, good influence, and the ability to train people quickly, assign them to players who are a perfect match and then hope they pass on a trait they are strong in and the player is weaker in (Brown passing on +2 Professionalism to Murray isn't bad, but +8 Work Rate is better!).

This is very interesting. I need to upload my save to my laptop to use FMMS so I never bothered trying it. I thought it narrows the widest gap by 1 but that doesn't seem to explain pressure handling, which isn't the widest between them. BTW is unselfishness and teamwork the same thing? I realized teamwork goes up as work rate does but I don't know if the reverse is true.

11 minutes ago, eternalaurora said:

This is very interesting. I need to upload my save to my laptop to use FMMS so I never bothered trying it. I thought it narrows the widest gap by 1 but that doesn't seem to explain pressure handling, which isn't the widest between them. BTW is unselfishness and teamwork the same thing? I realized teamwork goes up as work rate does but I don't know if the reverse is true.

It might just be this player/mentor combination too. Hard to know for sure from 1 test. Needs more testing in future (though I don't have any more time for this right now).

Yeah, Teamwork = Unselfishness + Work Rate. It looks to me as though it's as simple as each part being worth half of Teamwork. So Teamwork of 10 could be Unselfishness of 1 + Work Rate 19 (ie 20/2). Or it could be Unselfishness of 19 and Work Rate of 1. Or 5 and 15 or 6 and 14, etc...

One of the other combined ones (I think Shooting, which is Finishing and Long Shots) is much more weird, with some sort of formula to work it out - it's not just half and half, it's not even just 75% / 25%. 

On 31/08/2021 at 22:57, Scratch said:

It might just be this player/mentor combination too. Hard to know for sure from 1 test. Needs more testing in future (though I don't have any more time for this right now).

Yeah, Teamwork = Unselfishness + Work Rate. It looks to me as though it's as simple as each part being worth half of Teamwork. So Teamwork of 10 could be Unselfishness of 1 + Work Rate 19 (ie 20/2). Or it could be Unselfishness of 19 and Work Rate of 1. Or 5 and 15 or 6 and 14, etc...

One of the other combined ones (I think Shooting, which is Finishing and Long Shots) is much more weird, with some sort of formula to work it out - it's not just half and half, it's not even just 75% / 25%. 

That will be great. I'm also a bit curious about anticipation and corners. Can't find anything that looks like it in FMMS.