Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Attacking SS 4-1-2-3 Record Setter

10 minutes ago, WanNguyen said:

Can you share your exp to adjust Final third more effective?

added 0 minutes later

You dont use any setting in final third?

I'll typically use run at defense and early crosses if the opposition is playing very defensively. I'll also increase tempo in that instance. Sometimes I'll use shoot on sight if we aren't getting enough shots. 

On 08/01/2022 at 04:50, beebop1983 said:

I've been testing various tactics to try to find differences (with a team thats won 4 CL in a row, so any issues won't be starting line up one's)....my two pennies on this tactic having used it for a season, assuming unless stated the defaults were left alone 

1. This tactic definitely wins you games. Over a season it compares favourably in performance to other top tactics I've trialed, to the point my top tactic (the Wolfsburg one from last year that is still golden in 22) works out about 2 points better over a season, but one must take into account that the relationships reduced on field by over half and take time to build again, and 2 points is close enough for randomness to affect the overall.

2. When set to control mentality, it's defensively as solid a tactic as I've tried, but attacking is overall I found better because the goal ratios are more favourable to scoring. With both cbs in CD roles, even 3/4/5 best CBS perform well and don't need to be absolute beasts.

3. Left to default, the AI seems to play the ball wide a lot and cross. So playing a typical 9 with strong aerial ratings or even a target man is most efficient, even if they are out of position. An attacking midfielder will score goals in this role, but you need to change the focus to avoid crosses and play through balls.

4. The BBM seems the lynch pin of this tactic and will get masses of chances offensively. I found playing someone with high shooting in this role rains goals in. Moriba for instance has 16 shooting and scored 18 goals in 29 league games. 

5. The main negative is the wide forwards don't effect the play as other tactics I've used. Usually my wingers rain goals in, but in this tactic these fade more to the central roles and SS.

6. This tactic wrecks your Wing backs fitness. You need adequate depth on both sides to rotate tired legs in. I also found the DM in this tactic tires quicker, so again, depth here is key. 

7. My attacking wing backs out performed more defensive ones, and without the penalty of lowered defensive solidity. 

Overall it's a really good tactic I'd recommend for anyone who has depth at WB.

Did you try my other tactic? If so, did you find having the RP in the DM position more or CM?

1 hour ago, Paddy P said:

Trying the tactic but not going great   I dunno what in game changes you guys make and when but not working for me , any pointers please ??

What is going wrong? Conceding too many goals? To make this tactic work you also need the players that fit the roles. 

Yes I have decent players to fit the roles but I just win 2 games lose 1 win the next by 1 goal draw the next , when it's 0-0 what do I change , when losing what do i change 

I have good players but it's not consistent 

Screenshot_20220129-223654_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20220129-223638_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Those aren't the roles for this tactic. Plus playing militao out wide doesn't suit him at all. I'd change Fernandes to AP or BBM. I'm not familiar with Hannibal. But in order for the tactic to work the roles are kind of important.

I have good players but it's not consistent 

Screenshot_20220129-223654_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20220129-223638_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Put the correct player roles and double check you have set all the team instructions correctly as well.

So far i have to admit that this is defensive masterpiece, testing it with bottom table team Mainz!

We are following all tips from Opening Post, changing formation when facing 2 strikers, when not scoring untill 60th minute then add:

Look for overlap and shoot on sight, when score removed it back.

Thanks for tactic

Screenshot_20220203-182634.jpg

Screenshot_20220203-182708.jpg

Screenshot_20220203-182723.jpg

Screenshot_20220203-182727.jpg

5 hours ago, White Europe said:

So far i have to admit that this is defensive masterpiece, testing it with bottom table team Mainz!

We are following all tips from Opening Post, changing formation when facing 2 strikers, when not scoring untill 60th minute then add:

Thanks for tactic

Glad to see that it is working for you.

Tactic is working well in the lowest league in England...

But then I get one of these 💩 matches 

Great tactic by the way 👏 

FM22 Mobile_2022-02-04-10-20-52.jpg

Edited by MarkD
1 hour ago, MarkD said:

Tactic is working well in the lowest league in England...

But then I get one of these 💩 matches 

Great tactic by the way 👏 

FM22 Mobile_2022-02-04-10-20-52.jpg

If the tactic is working, and games like the above are rare, I wouldn't worry too much. FMM loves to throw in a crappy result like that every now and again. 

23 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

If the tactic is working, and games like the above are rare, I wouldn't worry too much. FMM loves to throw in a crappy result like that every now and again. 

yeah the tactic is great, just won the league in first season.... but yeah definitely got FM'ed there 😂

On 03/02/2022 at 18:35, White Europe said:

Thanks for tactic

Season finished 2nd place behind Bayern in Germany is like winning the league.

Screenshot_20220205-101430.jpg

1 hour ago, WanNguyen said:

I always got report after match "lacked a focal point up front" 

Any advise to solve this problem?

Thank

That’s because this tactic doesn’t have a striker to be that focal point. The way to solve it would be to play with a striker but if you are winning matches and being successful as a team it’s not a problem is it?

On 11/02/2022 at 23:49, WanNguyen said:

I always got report after match "lacked a focal point up front" 

Any advise to solve this problem?

Thank

What fuddledfox is saying is accurate. But again, if you're winning what does it matter?

On 12/11/2021 at 20:42, LostHorizons said:

CHELSEA UPDATE!

I got frustrated with things a bit and went overboard on signing a few players so the transfer budget is unrealistic but looking back, it was unnecessary. The tactic would've been this successful regardless. 220577665_Screenshot_20211112-134049_FM22Mobile.thumb.jpg.f5505c18f932aa0bf8d3b6b7857b9c7e.jpgI'm disappointed that we conceded more than 10 goals so far.

171 goals a season, did you always play controlled or you changed to attacking or overload? I can't seem to be scoring as much as you.. any tips would be useful.. I'm using your chelsea lineup except for nico and zaniolo, which I replaced with hudson odoi and casemeiro..

On 16/03/2022 at 11:11, Mike16 said:

How did you get felix to score 49 goals, did you edit some changes?

No I didn't edit him. It was easy to have him score that much. Mentoring him helps as well. And yes it still works.

6 hours ago, White Europe said:

I like this tactic but cant stand strikerless for to long, which striker role would suits best to this formation?

I honestly wouldn't know, I don't use a striker. I feel it disrupts the passing and movement in the attacking third. What is it about being strikerless that bothers you?

3 hours ago, LostHorizons said:

I honestly wouldn't know, I don't use a striker. I feel it disrupts the passing and movement in the attacking third. What is it about being strikerless that bothers you?

I don't know exactly :) but i tried last night with DLF and PF and Trequartista but non works as good as original tactic. I was playing as forward Myself and like to use something between PF/TF up front.

18 hours ago, White Europe said:

I don't know exactly :) but i tried last night with DLF and PF and Trequartista but non works as good as original tactic. I was playing as forward Myself and like to use something between PF/TF up front.

Unfortunately the way I designed the tactic is for it to be strikerless. Maybe an AF could work but I'm not sure. 

I knew I'd seen this tactic somewhere else recently. DK Falcon put this up a while after yours with the only difference being he has two BPD's and the RP/BBM are the opposite way around. Everything else is the EXACT SAME.

Maybe he took inspiration from your setup 👀

Going to give yours a go on a new save soon just for something a bit different.

Edited by Schwantz34