Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

iScout Set Piece Takers.

Hi guys.

Thought it might be a good idea to have somewhere that people could recommend good set piece takers they have found. Whether it be corners, free kicks or even penalties. 

Feel free to share some names and how you found them.

Anyone can be trained to become top notch corner takers really. Not just the usual suspects. Get their crossing up to around 15 and above and you're quids in.

As for free kicks. I've stopped depending on the star ratings to choose mine. Good shooting and technique are required.

I'll maybe add some players here later.

1 hour ago, fotakis276718 said:

Anyone knows a 4,5 stars set piece taker except Messi , jwp??

what do you consider a 4.5 star set piece taker to be?

how could you possibly know those ratings?

3 minutes ago, deepheat83 said:

what do you consider a 4.5 star set piece taker to be?

how could you possibly know those ratings?

When you go to select set piece takers, there is a star rating from 0-5. 

1 hour ago, JamesVilla said:

When you go to select set piece takers, there is a star rating from 0-5. 

ahhhh right, know what ya mean.

do you actually use this?

I just go by highest crossing and whether the coach says they are good at corners / freekicks

16 minutes ago, deepheat83 said:

ahhhh right, know what ya mean.

do you actually use this?

I just go by highest crossing and whether the coach says they are good at corners / freekicks

Personally I don’t, I go by the player stats.

So, in spoilers in case you don't want to know anything about the 0-20 hidden attribute for Set Pieces:

Spoiler

There is only one player in the game (Feb database) with 20 for Set Pieces: James Ward Prowse.

After him, there is one player on 19: Messi.

Then you get 14 players on 18: 

• Miralem Pjanić
  • Dimitri Payet
  • Aleksandar Kolarov
  • Juan Fernando Quintero
  • Rómulo Otero
  • Cafercan Aksu
  • Sebastián Viera (a 38yo GK, might be good for a one season goals by GK save)
  • Ager Aketxe
  • Luciano Leguizamón
  • Ignacio Malcorra
  • Arnaldo González
  • Iván Vázquez Mellado (another GK)
  • Fran Oller
  • Willy

Most of those are pretty average players. My favourite has to be Willy, a 31 year old Spanish left winger, playing at Europa FC. He is a solid 2.5 star CA/PA player, but damn, seems he can put the free kicks in okay!

Interestingly JWP is the youngest of those players at 26, the rest are between 27 and 39. I guess people get better at set pieces as they get older? Sounds fair - BUT the Set Pieces attribute never changes in FMM, so youngsters won't improve at set pieces...

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

So, in spoilers in case you don't want to know anything about the 0-20 hidden attribute for Set Pieces:

Hide contents

There is only one player in the game (Feb database) with 20 for Set Pieces: James Ward Prowse.

After him, there is one player on 19: Messi.

Then you get 14 players on 18: 

• Miralem Pjanić
  • Dimitri Payet
  • Aleksandar Kolarov
  • Juan Fernando Quintero
  • Rómulo Otero
  • Cafercan Aksu
  • Sebastián Viera (a 38yo GK, might be good for a one season goals by GK save)
  • Ager Aketxe
  • Luciano Leguizamón
  • Ignacio Malcorra
  • Arnaldo González
  • Iván Vázquez Mellado (another GK)
  • Fran Oller
  • Willy

Most of those are pretty average players. My favourite has to be Willy, a 31 year old Spanish left winger, playing at Europa FC. He is a solid 2.5 star CA/PA player, but damn, seems he can put the free kicks in okay!

Interestingly JWP is the youngest of those players at 26, the rest are between 27 and 39. I guess people get better at set pieces as they get older? Sounds fair - BUT the Set Pieces attribute never changes in FMM, so youngsters won't improve at set pieces...

good knowledge there mate.

So what do you like to do, picked corner / free kick takers based on stats or set piece ability?

On 09/01/2022 at 14:58, Dai_ said:

Anyone can be trained to become top notch corner takers really. Not just the usual suspects. Get their crossing up to around 15 and above and you're quids in.

As for free kicks. I've stopped depending on the star ratings to choose mine. Good shooting and technique are required.

I'll maybe add some players here later.

The share of the shot for the free kick is 50%. The other 50% are hidden features which is in coach report. I usually use the player with the highest shooting ability and star ratings for freekicks and using the player with the highest crossing ability and star rating for corners. And star ratings are combinations of freekick and corners. For example, player has 4 star rating can be very good in corners but also can be so bad in freekicks. That's why we can't fully understand what star ratings mean exactly free kicks or corners. Also high crossing doesn't always mean good corner kick.

James Ward-Prowse is the best freekick and corner taker with 20/20 ratings (in generally) in the game.

Both of Girvon Brown and JWP are the best freekick takers with 20/20 (in generally).

Both of Javichu and JWP are the best corner takers with 20/20 (in generally).

I said "in generally" because of i did not try in so many save datas.

Edited by TheF