Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

News FMM24 - New Features Revealed + Screenshots

FuddledFox

Good job my missus has got a Netflix account because i wouldn't of been purchasing it, feel very sorry for those who haven't got a account, making them forcing them to get an Netflix account bad on you, also was thinking whats not for Netflix to say when i use my missus account it says you can't play game its not your account? We all know what they are like that's why i haven't had one for years with them...

Can anyone explain why we’re expecting to pay £60 for the stripped down plug and pay version 

would this not just move us to the touch version for the same price?(Apple Arcade £60 a year) or would we also have to pay for netflix on this 

either way look like will be last year playing anyway dose anyone now how to delete account on vibe?

I don't have Netflix cause i don't need/have time for it personally.

Fmm is supposed to be purchase once and play whenever wherever without hassle, now you NEED Netflix to login. I can certainly see rise in piracy and sheer frustration among community.

Next what you need McDonalds receipt to be able to sign wonderkids.

15 hours ago, YetAnotherDisplayName said:

Can anyone explain why we’re expecting to pay £60 for the stripped down plug and pay version 

Reading between the lines, it was either the Netflix deal or Sega was going to kill it because it's not profitable enough (and Sega seem to be having some troubles right now). 

15 hours ago, YetAnotherDisplayName said:

would this not just move us to the touch version for the same price?(Apple Arcade £60 a year) or would we also have to pay for netflix on this 

I think Touch won't need Netflix, only FMM. I can't use Touch anyway (I'm on Android), but even if I could I wouldn't want it. I want FMM.

Edited by Scratch

News going around now is Netflix is hiking prices after the Hollywood actors calls of the strike 💀

On 08/10/2023 at 03:42, Fmtrizzy said:

I’m moving to soccer manager 2024 which ain’t that bad no?

i tried it, for me its horrible, it has potential but it feels wrong on so many lvl, the interface its bad, sometimes its buggy and you cant acces scout, stadium etc cuz they are 3d and sometimes the buttons doesent load. also ads and in game extra currency.

What we know so far is many people won't be playing it.

Anything else similar out there that's any good?

6 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

Maybe stay on FMM23? There is already a transfer update for this season (up to a couple of weeks ago) in the Downloads section. It's not perfect by any means, but hopefully it will help some people who can't go to FMM24.

7 hours ago, Scratch said:

Maybe stay on FMM23? There is already a transfer update for this season (up to a couple of weeks ago) in the Downloads section. It's not perfect by any means, but hopefully it will help some people who can't go to FMM24.

Can't play that forever though.

Time to start looking elsewhere I think. Plus the whole Netflix farce has annoyed me.

2 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

Can't play that forever though.

Time to start looking elsewhere I think. Plus the whole Netflix farce has annoyed me.

It's absolutely shocking we're going to lose a number of good lads. I'm one of the lucky 1s. Wife loves Netflix. But if we didn't have it, I wouldn't of paid £50/60 quid a year for a mobile game. Just doesn't warrant the price at all. Keeps me busy doing the boring days at work, looking forward to FM 24, just purely because of the transfers. As we know nothing will change or ever will change, quite sad really, as with abit of TLC, it could be the best mobile game out there 

Edited by leedsunited87
1 hour ago, leedsunited87 said:

It's absolutely shocking we're going to lose a number of good lads. I'm one of the lucky 1s. Wife loves Netflix. But if we didn't have it, I wouldn't of paid £50/60 quid a year for a mobile game. Just doesn't warrant the price at all. Keeps me busy doing the boring days at work, looking forward to FM 24, just purely because of the transfers. As we know nothing will change or ever will change, quite sad really, as with abit of TLC, it could be the best mobile game out there 

I'll probably still pop on the forum but there's absolutely no way I'm paying for Netflix to play FMM24.

Greetings, dear FMM friends! 

I have read with interest all the posts, regarding the new game, I respect your point of view, so I will also add a few words about this "revolution" of FMM 24! 

My adventure with this wonderful game started in 2016, since then and until now, it has been purchased annually, in my opinion it is the best football manager on mobile. Before 2016, more precisely 2010-2016, I was playing online soccer manager (an interesting game at that time, countless competitions were organized with pro players, including myself, the community I was a part of was wonderful, the rankings the finals and the stage by stage results were also interesting, at that level there was no clear favorite, but after discovering fmmvibe and then the FMM game, I declared myself a lifelong loyal fan of it). 

What I want to emphasize through these lines, is that I feel a disappointment towards some important people for fmmvibe, who want to give up on the next adventure of this game.
I understand that most of you have a job and a family (wife, child/children), and you want to spend your free time with your loved ones, being limited to 1-2 hours a day or a week for FMM, but as you all claimed these years this company, for them to produce the game every year and on mobile, now that they want to go to another level, so that the budget allows them to offer an even better game, because I strongly believe that the game will get improvements significant in the next 2-3 years, it would be nice to be with them, not turn your back on them. I can also understand the fact that you have to pay €60 a year instead of €10, but you also get the Netflix streaming service which is not so bad, and in your spare time, at least once a week, with your family you can relax with a good movie. I had a Netflix subscription for 2 years, I quit 1 year ago, but I will return to this streaming service, I remain loyal and support this game forever, I trust that the developers of the game did not only consider personal profits, but also a major change of this game. Give them a chance, test the game for at least a month, then draw conclusions, not beforehand, you might like it, and your opinions might change to the opposite pole. Be positive and have faith that the next season of FMM will be for everyone! There are rarely companies that collaborate with game fans and take their ideas into account like SI.

Thank you in advance if you had the patience to read!

It comes down to the fact that whereas this is a very active forum and there are lots of players of FMM here, we are not enough to keep the game going.

You can see by the reduced investment/lack of major game improvements over recent years that the game most likely isn’t very profitable. 

It sounds very much like the decision was kill the game or look for other revenue streams.
Netflix are investing heavily in gaming and are acquiring popular titles to add more value for their 238m subscribers. 

With Sega needing investment and Netflix needing high profile (albeit under played) gaming titles, the deal makes sense.

Hopefully as a result we’ll see more improvements made to the game but this might not be from the off.

Sure if you don’t have Netflix and only get a subscription to play FMM it would effectively cost you £60 a year but of course you’ll also be getting the rest of the Netflix offering. 

Exclusivity is common in the games industry. Have a PS5 but want to play Starfield, they’ll cost you the price of a new Xbox. Want to play the new FMM? You’ll need Netflix. 

It’s not perfect by any means but it keeps the game going.

8 hours ago, Bernardht Andy said:

Greetings, dear FMM friends! 

I have read with interest all the posts, regarding the new game, I respect your point of view, so I will also add a few words about this "revolution" of FMM 24! 

My adventure with this wonderful game started in 2016, since then and until now, it has been purchased annually, in my opinion it is the best football manager on mobile. Before 2016, more precisely 2010-2016, I was playing online soccer manager (an interesting game at that time, countless competitions were organized with pro players, including myself, the community I was a part of was wonderful, the rankings the finals and the stage by stage results were also interesting, at that level there was no clear favorite, but after discovering fmmvibe and then the FMM game, I declared myself a lifelong loyal fan of it). 

What I want to emphasize through these lines, is that I feel a disappointment towards some important people for fmmvibe, who want to give up on the next adventure of this game.
I understand that most of you have a job and a family (wife, child/children), and you want to spend your free time with your loved ones, being limited to 1-2 hours a day or a week for FMM, but as you all claimed these years this company, for them to produce the game every year and on mobile, now that they want to go to another level, so that the budget allows them to offer an even better game, because I strongly believe that the game will get improvements significant in the next 2-3 years, it would be nice to be with them, not turn your back on them. I can also understand the fact that you have to pay €60 a year instead of €10, but you also get the Netflix streaming service which is not so bad, and in your spare time, at least once a week, with your family you can relax with a good movie. I had a Netflix subscription for 2 years, I quit 1 year ago, but I will return to this streaming service, I remain loyal and support this game forever, I trust that the developers of the game did not only consider personal profits, but also a major change of this game. Give them a chance, test the game for at least a month, then draw conclusions, not beforehand, you might like it, and your opinions might change to the opposite pole. Be positive and have faith that the next season of FMM will be for everyone! There are rarely companies that collaborate with game fans and take their ideas into account like SI.

Thank you in advance if you had the patience to read!

I appreciate your views and respect your opinion.

However, I will absolutely not be paying £60+ for a service I won't use just to have the next version of a game that's barely been improved or updated for years.

There's no justification for what they're doing other than to try and kill the game off in the hope people move to the full version where the real money they make from the game comes from.

That's my view aside from the fact I don't want Netflix and won't be paying for it.

1 hour ago, MikeF said:

Exclusivity is common in the games industry. Have a PS5 but want to play Starfield, they’ll cost you the price of a new Xbox. Want to play the new FMM? You’ll need Netflix. 

That's a daft point and most people are knowledgeable about exclusives going in. Sure if it was Apple exclusive or some nonsense I'd agree but that's not what this is.

Imagine the outcry if to play the next Star Wars game you needed Disney+. Or a Sky Sports account to play FIFA or whatever it's called now. 

I'd argue FMM could be "okay" value at £60, say a 10 year save is 60 hours worth of gameplay, most people do that a couple times over so yeah I could see an argument for it. I personally never understood when people said £10 was too expensive as you get incredible bang for your buck, even with small updates I think the game could have survived a price increase instead of selling out completely. Admittedly my issues with the game are more I don't think it warrants the time investment it demands and that it's lost its pick up and playness that earlier titles in the series had but that's a very different debate 😂😂

FMM started as a physical PSP release let's not forget, I don't recall what it cost but it's a series that started at roughly £30-40, I'd only assume it was so cheap on mobile due to that market, hell Nintendo struggled to shift a Mario game for £10 on mobile. That £30-40 price point puts it in line with FMT now really, and I'll once again attack FMT for killing FMM as a series as the second that game came to the mobile market it also put a price cap on FMM, how could FMM sneak up to £15-20 a year when FMT was around that on mobile originally IIRC. It's funny that FMT got tied into a subscription before FMM did actually 😂

No idea why they didn't just do a SI subscription service with different tiers that would give access to the FM family across devices. I'd happily pay a couple bucks a month for FMM, hell I'd likely debate paying enough to try out FMT on the Switch. 

I hate FMT and everything I truly believe it did to FMM, yet I'll admit I've always been terrified to try it as what if I like it? What if it kills FMM for me, especially as I do want so much more from FMM gameplay wise. The only reason I've not tried FMT in the last two years especially is because I don't like digital media, if FMT had a physical release on Switch I'd have been playing it by now. 

20 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

There's no justification for what they're doing other than to try and kill the game off in the hope people move to the full version where the real money they make from the game comes from.

I think the move absolutely sucks and totally understand why people wouldn't sign up to Netflix for FMM, but I don't think they are trying to kill game off.

Reading between the lines of what SI Games have said and what Sega are doing, it's not making enough money for them to continue with it as is and it's a case of 'Netflix deal or kill the game' - so they are actually trying this to save the game. 

If they wanted to kill the game they would have just done it. Sega just cancelled their most expensive game ever before it even launched, due to "the lower profitability of the European region" and they are laying off staff as well. So a) all is not well there and b) they aren't scared to just kill something off. 

It's not hard to imagine them looking at a game that doesn't sell much in the bigger scheme of things and thinking they'd be best off to just shut it down. But they didn't shut it down, which means they are trying to save it. But I'd guess this is the last roll of the dice. 

That's not to say they should never have let it come to this - we all know there have been minimal improvements in the mobile game etc. But even then, I sort of doubt that whatever they did it would have led to enough 💰 to be profitable enough to be appealing to Sega - it's a niche game after all. 

9 hours ago, Bernardht Andy said:

I trust that the developers of the game did not only consider personal profits, but also a major change of this game. Give them a chance, test the game for at least a month, then draw conclusions, not beforehand, you might like it, and your opinions might change to the opposite pole

I love your optimism, but I really think the next version will be pretty much the same as the current version. If the Netflix deal proves to be profitable, then maybe they might improve the game for FMM25, but I personally have doubts it will be very profitable or that FMM has much of a long term future. And I say that as some who loves SI Games, has played CM/FM/FMM since CM2 and buys the game every year. Hope you're right and I'm wrong!

1 minute ago, Scratch said:

I think the move absolutely sucks and totally understand why people wouldn't sign up to Netflix for FMM, but I don't think they are trying to kill game off.

Reading between the lines of what SI Games have said and what Sega are doing, it's not making enough money for them to continue with it as is and it's a case of 'Netflix deal or kill the game' - so they are actually trying this to save the game. 

If they wanted to kill the game they would have just done it. Sega just cancelled their most expensive game ever before it even launched, due to "the lower profitability of the European region" and they are laying off staff as well. So a) all is not well there and b) they aren't scared to just kill something off. 

It's not hard to imagine them looking at a game that doesn't sell much in the bigger scheme of things and thinking they'd be best off to just shut it down. But they didn't shut it down, which means they are trying to save it. But I'd guess this is the last roll of the dice. 

That's not to say they should never have let it come to this - we all know there have been minimal improvements in the mobile game etc. But even then, I sort of doubt that whatever they did it would have led to enough 💰 to be profitable enough to be appealing to Sega - it's a niche game after all. 

I love your optimism, but I really think the next version will be pretty much the same as the current version. If the Netflix deal proves to be profitable, then maybe they might improve the game for FMM25, but I personally have doubts it will be very profitable or that FMM has much of a long term future. And I say that as some who loves SI Games, has played CM/FM/FMM since CM2 and buys the game every year. Hope you're right and I'm wrong!

If they wanted to save the game, and I mean really save it, then improving it beyond a few shiny distractions plus a database update each season would have done that. More people would have been interested in it. In its current states there's no reason other than the hardcore players, to invest in it each new version is there?

I genuinely think they're not that bothered anymore.

Just now, Schwantz34 said:

If they wanted to save the game, and I mean really save it, then improving it beyond a few shiny distractions plus a database update each season would have done that. More people would have been interested in it. In its current states there's no reason other than the hardcore players, to invest in it each new version is there?

I genuinely think they're not that bothered anymore.

Yeah, I think they should have done a lot more over the last however many years and it would be more profitable than it is now, but I still don't think anything they would have done would have put it in the "never kill" list of all of Sega's products. 

For what it's worth, I think SI Games are bothered and want to keep it going, but I don't think Sega (who owns them) care one little bit about FMM. They will just be looking at lines on a spreadsheet which show expenses (the salaries/superannuation/office space for Marc and other devs, the cost of Sega support staff supporting the forums, a share of the licensing fees, etc) vs the income from the game (not much more than that) and be thinking it's not really worth it. 

Anyway, however we got to this point, that's where we're at unfortunately. A real shame...

2 hours ago, Scratch said:

Yeah, I think they should have done a lot more over the last however many years and it would be more profitable than it is now, but I still don't think anything they would have done would have put it in the "never kill" list of all of Sega's products. 

For what it's worth, I think SI Games are bothered and want to keep it going, but I don't think Sega (who owns them) care one little bit about FMM. They will just be looking at lines on a spreadsheet which show expenses (the salaries/superannuation/office space for Marc and other devs, the cost of Sega support staff supporting the forums, a share of the licensing fees, etc) vs the income from the game (not much more than that) and be thinking it's not really worth it. 

Anyway, however we got to this point, that's where we're at unfortunately. A real shame...

It is a real shame and they'll lose a lot of players who have been there since the outset, such as myself going back to the Champ Manager days before the split into two entities at the time.

Sega as you say couldn't give a toss. It's a shame SI can't do something with it.

Has the announcement that the J-League has been added in this years game made anyone more likely to buy it? Im not sure I will play that league much if at all myself.

last version i got was FMM22, ive been a fan since day one, ok i havent purchased every version but most of them

When i saw FMM price change to £9.99 i was quite suprised, but businesses need to survive aswell, i get it

i was looking forward to this version not having the last one, but this news about having to have a netflix account to play it is quite frankly appaling (ive never had and do not want a netflix account at whatever price it is) so effectively i will have to pay £60 or whatever it works out at to play FMM, i wont be doing it, im sure alot of others will be in my position, shocking move..

I dont want to play the full version and i sure wont be paying netflix to pay FMM, so thats me done with football manager, i hope this move pleases all involved.

3 hours ago, russy said:

last version i got was FMM22, ive been a fan since day one, ok i havent purchased every version but most of them

When i saw FMM price change to £9.99 i was quite suprised, but businesses need to survive aswell, i get it

i was looking forward to this version not having the last one, but this news about having to have a netflix account to play it is quite frankly appaling (ive never had and do not want a netflix account at whatever price it is) so effectively i will have to pay £60 or whatever it works out at to play FMM, i wont be doing it, im sure alot of others will be in my position, shocking move..

I dont want to play the full version and i sure wont be paying netflix to pay FMM, so thats me done with football manager, i hope this move pleases all involved.

I've bought every version and it's pretty much where I'm at too.

Ridiculous decision by them.

Completely agree with you lads, can't really argue. I've just downloaded the epic CM 03/04 on the MAC. Took me a while to get it downloaded but so worth it. Best game I've ever played. Just need to figure out, how to get it to play on android now. Probably will play FM 24, but only because my wife pays for Netflix. Other I wouldn't of bothered. Not when a game is 20 years old (CM) and its actually better then FM 23 Probably even FM 24

Still this idea on my mind... Too many platforms, too many consoles supported. 

Ok, with a copy sold on console you earn 7 times a mobile. But it would be so interesting to see the numbers... I don't think the console player is the kind of guy that guarantees long term incomes for this game. OK, you must be on that market but that could be the field you can do agreements about exclusivity. 

14 hours ago, Migraz said:

Still this idea on my mind... Too many platforms, too many consoles supported. 

Ok, with a copy sold on console you earn 7 times a mobile. But it would be so interesting to see the numbers... I don't think the console player is the kind of guy that guarantees long term incomes for this game. OK, you must be on that market but that could be the field you can do agreements about exclusivity. 

When it releases or goes on sale FMT is always in the Switch's top selling chart tbf. 

@Ashez

I know nothing about making games, you are more in the know how, if that makes sense. How would you go about making a mobile football game? Id love to carry on the FM mobile, couldn't give a toss about profits, I'd make it for the fans. Probably very much out of my depth, but surely somebody could do something? 

Maybe the future of FMM lies in the past?

Use this years - or whichever years platform is deemed best - as a foundation, and then rebuild the FMMvibe community around the creation and sharing of databases of different years from time gone by.

Want to play as Manchester United in 98-99 when they won the Premier league, FA Cup and Champions league treble? Buying and selling players like Zidane, the original Ronaldo, Batistuta, Bergkamp, Michael Owen, Edgar Davids and more? No problem download the 1998 database from FMMvibe.

Barcelonas treble winning teams from 2009 or 2014, those databases could be on FMMvibe too!

In fact download and play treble winning seasons with the likes of Inter in 2010, Bayern in 2013 or 2020, maybe even the all-conquering Ajax of 1972!

Or maybe you’d prefer International management from the year your favourite national team won World Cups or regional championships?

Managing great players from history, the likes of Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Beckenbauer, Matthäus, Van Basten, Baggio, Romário, Weah, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Cannavaro, Kaká and more. 

All of this could be available in seasons downloadable on FMMvibe.

The future of FMM is yours to build.

And if you build it, surely they will come.

Edited by Burn
On 10/10/2023 at 01:03, Schwantz34 said:

What we know so far is many people won't be playing it.

Check superkickoff.I have not play it and i don not know if it is good.I used to play cyberfoot but is outdate for one year.