Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

News FMM24 - New Features Revealed + Screenshots

FuddledFox

For those who have an Xbox, I recommend playing FM Console as its included in Game Pass from Day 1.

If anybody played the old FM Touch on PC, it's basically that. 

You can plug in a keyboard and mouse to the xbox too for that PC feel. 

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Team 2D is bigger than many think!

I play 2D for 2 reasons. 

1. The FM 3D match engine looks awful. 

2. I like to get a full view of the pitch so I can see how my tactics are working. 

17 minutes ago, CJ_Randell said:

I play 2D for 2 reasons. 

1. The FM 3D match engine looks awful. 

2. I like to get a full view of the pitch so I can see how my tactics are working. 

I don't play FM anymore (since before 3D existed), but I've always suspected it's 3D can't be that good! Totally agree on point 2. And also, with such a small dev team for FMM, if they put 3D in, they'd basically have to stop working on everything else!

11 hours ago, MikeF said:

Underwhelming announcements so far overall but I did spot one new role - inverted full backs - which hopefully means they won’t creep up to the AM position and instead stay back - bring on #AngeBall.

IMG_4800.thumb.png.c2a45b41334de31da6e5733ab086afc7.png

That’s interesting but the arrow makes me nervous that it’s just a rename of the IWB that is already in the game in that position.

I’ve been playing FM24 and the IFB steps sideways and takes up a CB position when you have the ball so that you can push your CB’s forward with the Libero role into DM or CM. Even had my CB get to the edge of the box once and nearly curl one in which was quite fun to see.

30 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

That’s interesting but the arrow makes me nervous that it’s just a rename of the IWB that is already in the game in that position.

I’ve been playing FM24 and the IFB steps sideways and takes up a CB position when you have the ball so that you can push your CB’s forward with the Libero role into DM or CM. Even had my CB get to the edge of the box once and nearly curl one in which was quite fun to see.

I do wish the arrows were more accurate.

• IWBs on defensive line - correct  
  • IWBs on DM line - incorrect 
  • B2Bs as MC - correct  
  • APs / RPs / DLPs as MRC / MLC - incorrect 

Hope the IFB actually is like full FM and goes sideways to become a wide DC, AND that they update the arrow !

Edited by DanEnglish
PS. Yes - this is the tiniest of changes + would be very low down on my priority list
On 13/09/2023 at 01:42, leedsunited87 said:

Shite I'm going florida in February 😆 

Umm, you going to see a certain game designer? 🤣

4 hours ago, DanEnglish said:

I do wish the arrows were more accurate.

• IWBs on defensive line - correct  
  • IWBs on DM line - incorrect 
  • B2Bs as MC - correct  
  • APs / RPs / DLPs as MRC / MLC - incorrect 

Hope the IFB actually is like full FM and goes sideways to become a wide DC, AND that they update the arrow !

Or if we could select the arrows and have players move how we want 🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Ashez said:

That 1 mt long arrow for WBs we put two decades ago.... 🥲

37 minutes ago, Ashez said:

You mean like in CM2? Lol, we had it 28 years ago...

22 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Oh man that would be (and was!) great 🙂 

Edited by DanEnglish
1 hour ago, Scratch said:

FMH used to have it even 😂😂

22 hours ago, Ashez said:

In one regard I do think the SI built in game challenges is a massive missed opportunity for the company. They easily could have done multiple packs for a few quid a year, maybe echo some real life situations from that season, especially in the slower months like between transfer updates or waiting for the new release. Instead they did a handful of real cool challenges a decade ago and forgot about them, kinda like the series in general. When we had the IGE I did create a challenge save series based on real life and it was alot of fun, imagine being able to do that with SI's tools. 

@AshezMarc isn’t fully opposed to something like this idea. If you want to add your 2 cents here:

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/578395-new-leagues-and-features-fmm24/?do=findComment&comment=14203596

God, please beg SI to give us better roles and more stuff.

i can't be the only who is disappointed by this announcement 

3 hours ago, Nickoleo2453 said:

God, please beg SI to give us better roles and more stuff.

One of the announcement screenshots does show an IFB. If that’s correct + works similar to full FM, that would be a nice addition.

Someone will need to test how that IFB works with a Libero next to it - to do a man city style tactic 👍 

On 26/10/2023 at 17:44, Jens said:

I've been playing touch on Switch for 3 years now and I can highly recommend it. Pc version is too much, but touch and console are highly enjoyable 

i find it really weird why they dont bring touch out for mobile (i know its been tried before) devices are powerful now and should easily cope with it..

1 hour ago, russy said:

i find it really weird why they dont bring touch out for mobile (i know its been tried before) devices are powerful now and should easily cope with it..

You can play it on phone but you have to have an iPhone and subscribe to Apple Arcade for £4.99 a month.

Has the association with Netflix killed anyone else's excitement or interest for this year's game? 

Usually a week before the release I'm looking forward to seeing new features etc, but this year I'm not bothered 

Maybe it's because I don't have a netflix account, but will sign up for a month at least 

I find it funny, to read Miles' tweets about the quality shows available on Netflix, and his bitchy replies, when people ask him if he has a part time job there now, but that and a mobile game aren't worth the better part of £60 

I saw some previews. I don't like this thing that tells you too much information about your opponents at the start of the match. For expert players it becomes a real victory booster. I prefer to watch the match and read the strengths and weaknesses of my opponents during the match in 2d.

i have no problem with one time purchase for games, but netflix? awwww come on, i dont even use netflix.

now i wonder, is it a sign for me to join the "dark gang"? i mean, if i want to, i can play any fmm version without spending a single penny, after all its client side game. still, i choose the right path for years to support the devs, as someone who loves their works, and as someone who knows the pain of programming.

nah, forget it, i guess its time for me to retired, or maybe check another similar games from different devs, sounds better than joining the dark side. R.I.P FMM

With the game a few days away I’m shutting this thread to new replies now.

All discussion about the new game can be posted here.